RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-school t-shirts
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Anti-school t-shirts

School Is Prison

Got 3 different designs so far. Working on some moar as well. Lemme know what you think, and feel free to suggest ideas, quotes, catchy phrases and whatever to put on new stuff.

This will eventually be on schoolisprison.com - I finally decided what to do with the domain. Razz

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
12-09-2009 02:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FindTheLight Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Re: Anti-school t-shirts

Brilliant. They look comfy too Smile

[Image: 110.jpg]
12-09-2009 05:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

Sticky? Sticky.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
12-09-2009 06:01 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

I love the last one. It made me lawl.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
12-09-2009 06:05 AM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

Here's some of the quote that you might be interested in.

I agree one hundred percent that schools are corrupt today and it warps natural creativity in children in point of fact. Children are persuaded and at times humiliated, intimidated to study and such mechanic ways of study mars their intuitive and congenital capacity for inventiveness through imagination. But we say through our conditioned minds this is called education and civilization, but at the bottom of it they become ruined- blazeofglory in Literacy Network
----------------------
People [including myself] get this all the time. "10 years down the road" as if life has ever been that certain. No matter what you do - what college majors you take - what lifestyle terms you choose - the future is always equally uncertain. That's not an excuse not to try for the best for yourself - but keep in mind - You can drop out and later become one of the richest people in the world [monetarily or otherwise] or you can go to law school and end up homeless - or vice versa. There's really no way to tell. Making decisions based on where you want to be 10 years from now is the wrong angle of approach to take.-David B

Try to understand who you are, what you want, and how you want to get there - use that as your base criteria to develop ideas from. Take it from me - good ideas are often more important than just good choices. Ideas can open opportunities and solve multiple issues at the same time. They tend to open options that allow you to make choices where the choice previously didn't exist. If you only made good choices with the choices you are given, you won't go as far. However, good ideas must be inspired from proper understanding. Dropping out of compulsory school is one of many great ideas if orchestrated well and understood correctly.-David B
-----------------------

ZZZ...
12-09-2009 06:48 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Good quotes thar... I'll have to adapt them and make them shorter... like convert them into "catchy phrases" somehow...

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
12-09-2009 06:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xcriteria Offline
Fanatic

Given 930 thank(s) in 612 post(s)

Yay! Cool, I've been thinking I need some shirts with cool stuff on them. I usually wear blank shirts.

I like the no results one. How about a bit more color or images?
12-09-2009 07:05 AM
teenagewasteland Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

They look cool. I'd love to watch peoples reactions as I walk through school wearing one of those Biggrin
12-09-2009 07:23 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Hmm. Yeah, I'll put a little search bar on the "results" one... but I can't use Google's logo... so... will have to make something up.

Hidden stuff:
12-09-2009 07:32 AM
Hanny Offline
Fanatic

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

I think some image based designs next.

Some ones of the SS logo without the text - just the skull?

[Image: 72eoaf.gif]
<Darthmat> I love the taste of meat in my mouth. Cory, I don't know how you live without it.
<Darthmat> "Forbidden meat tastes sweetest."

Penisometer
8======================================================================o
Conclusion: Still a penis.
12-09-2009 07:38 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

Hanny Wrote:I think some image based designs next.

Some ones of the SS logo without the text - just the skull?

Yeah, but that would sorta take away from the anti-school message.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
12-09-2009 07:47 AM
Hanny Offline
Fanatic

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Nooo, the skull with the board hat. With SCHOOL IS PRISON underneath.

[Image: 72eoaf.gif]
<Darthmat> I love the taste of meat in my mouth. Cory, I don't know how you live without it.
<Darthmat> "Forbidden meat tastes sweetest."

Penisometer
8======================================================================o
Conclusion: Still a penis.
12-09-2009 08:07 AM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

WTB SoulRiser's avatar t-shirts.

:3

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
12-09-2009 08:32 AM
IllusoryDeath Away
~become away~

Given 8 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

2nd & 3rd ones....nice. Cool
12-09-2009 09:55 AM
aerftghyjk Offline
Fanatic

Given 17 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

Awesome. Smile

I would love wearing one of those in my school.
12-09-2009 12:08 PM
academic prisoner Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Would love to wear the second one in my school.....oh wait it would be called a disturbance to the learning environment and ill be sent home. Cuckoo

Wait maybe i want to be sent home? who knows?

R.I.P Patrick Clegg # 27, Ryan Wade Lord, and Perry Clay McClanahan i'll miss all of you, you'll never be forgotton by this town or this community
12-09-2009 01:34 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

lulz... was kinda planning one with "school causes school shootings" written on it, with a pic of a gun and blood splatters... but I can see people getting arrested for wearing that. Giggle

I have a pic of crossbones and one of those graduation hats above it. That'll be on one. Maybe I'll use the SS skull too. Maybe a brain and crossbones... maybe some burning textbooks... hmm.

Oh yeah, busy adding stuffs to that search results one. /me go upload that.

Hidden stuff:
12-10-2009 06:21 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

I got one printed in Blackpool with the website on. Pics later, maybe.

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
12-10-2009 06:23 AM
aerftghyjk Offline
Fanatic

Use the "Lobster/Seafood quote".
12-10-2009 08:52 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

"When we do things that are controlling, whether intentional or not, we are not going to get those long-term outcomes." - Alfie Kohn

It was just on the sidebar and I thought it'd be perfect for a shirt.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
12-10-2009 09:36 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:Use the "Lobster/Seafood quote".
Good idea thar. Biggrin

Quote:"When we do things that are controlling, whether intentional or not, we are not going to get those long-term outcomes." - Alfie Kohn
Good idea thar too. Biggrin

I revised the 'search results' one a bit. The new version should show up in the store by tomorrow sometime (it can take up to 24 hours for newly added stuff to actually appear). It looks more like a real search results page nao. Smile

Hidden stuff:
12-10-2009 10:42 AM
aerftghyjk Offline
Fanatic

I think I'll try getting one.
12-11-2009 12:29 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

SoulRiser Wrote:I revised the 'search results' one a bit. The new version should show up in the store by tomorrow sometime (it can take up to 24 hours for newly added stuff to actually appear). It looks more like a real search results page nao. Smile
I love it Soul. DO WANT "Try looking up "unschooling" instead." I lol'd

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
12-11-2009 12:39 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

CrayolaColours Wrote:I love it Soul. DO WANT "Try looking up "unschooling" instead." I lol'd
Yay Biggrin

What else can one search for in school that cannot be found? Respect is one... what else?

Hidden stuff:
12-12-2009 03:55 AM
aerftghyjk Offline
Fanatic

Freedom? Tolerance?
12-12-2009 11:42 AM
xcriteria Offline
Fanatic

Given 930 thank(s) in 612 post(s)

Compensation for time and effort! Hehe.
12-12-2009 02:12 PM
xxmandyx91xx Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Whenever I get my my goal weight, I'm getting me one of those! Biggrin I might even send some suggestions for more. I am very creative. Wink

[Image: lunapic1265644319567752.gif]
Refuse to be a sheep in wolfs clothing.
12-13-2009 10:17 AM
Quioxte Offline
Pariah

Given 12 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

I would love one of these, but alas there is no way I could order it without my parents knowing let alone wear it.
12-14-2009 05:28 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

I've added a Facebook "fan page" for the t-shirts thing. After about an hour of rage, I managed to get a sort of a thingie to display the items from the store on the Facebook page. That was not fun. When I have the guts for it, I'm gonna add something similar on Myspace too.

I want this to be something with a bit more "mass appeal" than School Survival currently has. So, basically it will sort of "dumb down" the whole anti-school message a bit so that more semi-normal kids who are unhappy at school will be more likely to like it and spread the word... and anyone who takes the time to dig deeper can still get to the more in-depth articles. 'Cause as much as it sucks, we do kind of need more mass appeal to help spread the word.

I'm keeping the School Is Prison thing as a seperate site so that the SS forums don't get bombarded by idiots though. Razz

Hidden stuff:
12-14-2009 10:27 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

SoulRiser Wrote:I've added a Facebook "fan page" for the t-shirts thing. After about an hour of rage, I managed to get a sort of a thingie to display the items from the store on the Facebook page. That was not fun. When I have the guts for it, I'm gonna add something similar on Myspace too.

I want this to be something with a bit more "mass appeal" than School Survival currently has. So, basically it will sort of "dumb down" the whole anti-school message a bit so that more semi-normal kids who are unhappy at school will be more likely to like it and spread the word... and anyone who takes the time to dig deeper can still get to the more in-depth articles. 'Cause as much as it sucks, we do kind of need more mass appeal to help spread the word.

I'm keeping the School Is Prison thing as a seperate site so that the SS forums don't get bombarded by idiots though. Razz
Good to hear.OSHI- I just choked on my pizza

We really do need mass appeal. If we're going for that, then maybe we should get a shirt in a Hot Topic store. Laugh That wouldn't be very easy though, methinks. The old Hot Topic might have jumped all over an anarchy/anti-school type of T-shirt. But now, unless there's a picture of Chowder or some other cartoon on it, then it's a no go.

Faith o' Meter
12-14-2009 11:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anti-school shirts ..V.. 8 3,116 01-28-2014 10:39 AM
Last Post: Gwedin
  Bin Laden, Stalin, Hitler, etc. shirts ..V.. 37 8,489 12-06-2013 11:12 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  The Anti-Anti-Bullying Movement Ky 22 12,892 12-18-2012 09:57 AM
Last Post: Ky
  Lets have a North NJ anti school meetup iexist 2 2,098 09-14-2012 03:33 AM
Last Post: iexist
  School Survival T-Shirts? IamNoone 11 3,778 02-26-2012 11:04 PM
Last Post: Efs
  Anti-School Activist Group Chat Absnt 98 19,279 06-30-2011 05:07 AM
Last Post: crazymonkey
  Writing an anti-school blog post Faby 2 1,634 05-26-2011 03:49 AM
Last Post: Reptorian
  anti school sorent 7 2,255 05-01-2011 11:14 PM
Last Post: Alucard483
  Thousands of Anti-School bookmarks found in books. Absnt 12 3,116 08-27-2010 07:09 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  Anti-school advices for other sites Reptorian 0 924 07-21-2010 09:34 AM
Last Post: Reptorian