RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid things people say
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)
RE: Stupid things people say

Whoever said that sounds like someone they have low self-esteem, it seems.

Previously known as Derchin.
05-08-2012 08:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

Given 9 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Nigga

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\
05-08-2012 09:07 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
05-08-2012 09:26 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

(05-08-2012 07:39 AM)HeartofShadows Wrote:  
(05-08-2012 07:32 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Got this one from my cousin a couple weeks ago:

"If you commit suicide you go straight to hell! It's a proven fact it's in the Bible!"

I hope you at least corrected her on her own religion man.

I never apologize.
I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.
- Homer J. Simpson

One bright morning...
in the middle of the night,
two dead boys came out to fight.
they stood back to back
and faced each other
drew their swords
and shot eachother.
the deaf policeman heard the noise
and came to kill
those two dead boys.
If u dont believe my story
its true ask the blind man he saw it too!
- Nicole*

I told him wearing clothes of different fabrics or working on Sunday are both punishable by a sentence to hell.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
05-08-2012 10:34 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(05-08-2012 10:34 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  I told him wearing clothes of different fabrics or working on Sunday are both punishable by a sentence to hell.

Lulz.. My grandma won't let me do lawn work on sunday.

image hosting jpg
05-08-2012 10:43 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Well we don't do here either. But that with a law against noise pollution. And if no fucking neighbor would be around, we'd do it anyway.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
05-08-2012 10:23 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

"I hate people who are taller than me. I think all tall people should get leg surgery and should lose some bones from their legs so they can be shorter than me."

[Image: jackie-chan-wtf.png]

05-09-2012 12:09 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Me- You have to work to achieve your dreams.
Friend- That's impossible, man. We have tons of dreams.
Me- Well then work on each one.
Friend- How can you work on your dreams when you're asleep?
Friend- Not those dreams...

-_-

Passage from book
It's not McDonald's fault if you decide to go there and eat ten big macs a week. And it's not their fault if you become overweight and diabetic in the process. It's time that people take personal responsibility for their actions.

Friend- but I don't eat at McDonald's. I eat at BK and BK doesn't have Big Macs.

Me- But he's not talking about you. He was talking about fast food in general and the role of personal responsibility.

Friend- But other places don't sell big macs.

Me- I know that. But--

Friend- (Hands in my face) You fail.

Me- No I don't -

Friend- You. Fail.

-_-

Me- Ugh. I'm annoyed with snobby kids and how they think they're entitled to everything.
Friend #2- If you're rich then you are entitled to everything. Problem?

-_-

Friend #2- Books are irrelevant because we have TV.

-_-

05-09-2012 04:46 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

Any time people type like with multiple periods at the end OF EVERY SENTENCE
I was going...
to kill...
myself because I am such a nigger...
05-09-2012 05:04 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)

Derchin, how can you refer to such a person as a friend?
05-09-2012 05:09 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

We have more in common than you think.

05-09-2012 05:13 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(05-09-2012 05:13 AM)Derchin Wrote:  We have more in common than you think.

Like father like son?

image hosting jpg
05-09-2012 05:18 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

More like "rage at school, live on our computers, have no social lives and are weird," type bonds.

05-09-2012 05:24 AM
batboy138 Offline
MASTA SLAPA

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

(05-09-2012 05:04 AM)SaintVicious Wrote:  Any time people type like with multiple periods at the end OF EVERY SENTENCE
I was going...
to kill...
myself because I am such a faggot...

fix'd. It just makes more sense this way, y'know?

"There's no 'I' in 'Team'." Yeah, but there is a "me" in "Team" spelled backwards!
05-09-2012 06:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

When I cirticize the bible people tell me stupid shit like "jesus/god didn't wanant people to kill eachother (yes they did) they were speaking in 'metaphors'."

That's bull fucking horse shit. "Kill your children if they cuss your parents" IS NOT A FUCKING METAPHOR.

Then there's the "that's the 'english' version, and its heavily mistranslated."

UH, NO SIR

It means the exact same thing. If I saw apple in english and another guy says apple in german we are both talking about the same thing, regardless of words. Have you noticed there is no other translation besides what it says for the bible? THAT'S BECAUSE THERE IS NO OTHER VERSION. ITS NOT MISTRANSLATED YOU'RE JUST A COGNITIVE DISSIDENT FUCKWIT WHO CAN'T UNDERSTAND THAT CHRISTIANITY IS FULL OF VIOLENCE AND RAPE AND MURDER AND RACISM AND SEXISM. READ THE FUCKING BIBLE, SEE FOR YOURSELF!

Aya, if you're reading this, I'm only going to believe the 'new testament factual account of jesus' life' if I see the book for myself. Not what some guy on the internet says.

People lie. Evidence doesn't.

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
05-09-2012 09:39 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Quote:Me- Yeah. He thinks they're "unnatural."
Friend- Well, it is. People aren't meant to be in love with the same gender.
Me- Says fucking who?
Friend- Nature. Answer me this. Name one species of animal that practice homosexual behavior.
Silent; thinking
Friend- Exactly...
Me- You didn't give me a chance. I was about to say chimps.
Friend- That makes no sense. I never heard anything on gay chimps.
Show him this; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_nature

Secondly, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ani...l_behavior

Thridly, even without animal evidence, consider the following: Humans are apart of nature, and since we display homosexual behavior, that proves homosexuality is natural. It doesn't matter about how often it happens of how many species practices it, but rather, that there EXISTS homosexuality AT ALL!

Fourthly, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathetic_fallacy -Nature is not a sapient being that gets to decide and make decisions about how things should and shouldn't be done. Only humans and SAPIENT BEINGS can make that decision.

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 12:29 AM by Sociopath.)
05-10-2012 12:27 AM
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

Given 9 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Wikipedia, the most reliable of all sources.

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\
05-10-2012 01:20 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

(05-10-2012 01:20 AM)The Wrote:  Wikipedia, the most reliable of all sources.

They are pretty consistent the only information that is false are put there by faggots.
05-10-2012 04:21 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

See those little numbers next to words? They link to online articles and research journals that prove the statement.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
05-10-2012 06:27 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

Actually wikipedia is reliable. They did a study on all the factual errors per page on wikipedia. They averaged 3.8. But when they studied the Encyclopedia Britanica and found an average of 2.9 per page. So it's not that far behind.

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1038_3-5997332.html
05-10-2012 06:34 AM
iloveyouall Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

[Image: 30shpuv.jpg]
05-11-2012 07:45 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(05-11-2012 07:45 AM)iloveyouall Wrote:  [Image: 30shpuv.jpg]

it burns!

image hosting jpg
05-11-2012 07:57 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Friend- (Laughing) Chinese kids always say the funniest shit.

Me- But he's Cambodian.

Friend- Whatever.

Me- No "whatever." He's Cambodian. Get it right.

Friend- I don't have time for being specific. It takes too long, man.

Me- Why does everyone boil ethnic people down to simple, yet false terms?

Friend- What?

ME- If he's from East Asia, he's Chinese. If he's from Central or South America, he's Mexican.

Friend- Because people don't have time to figure out someone's race. Especially in this hectic and fast paced life we live. Calling them these races are much easier.

Me- So you rather go around calling people the wrong ethnicity because you're too lazy and stubborn than to say what they really are?

Friend- Yes.

-_-

Driving to school with my dad. We see a Hispanic man in some suit walking down the street.

Dad- Mexican's going to home depot I see.

Me- How do you know he's Mexican? And how do you know he's going to the Home Dept when it's not even near here?

Dad- Well I shouldn't have said that. But it's a fact that Mexicans do come here to take our jobs.

-_-

05-11-2012 08:19 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

You sound like that annoying fuck who has to correct every little thing, if he knew was cambodian he probably would have said it, but he didn't and made his best guess.
05-11-2012 08:50 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

No, he KNEW he was Cambodian and knew it for a long time. And its not just me who had to correct him, a bunch of people had their hands it it. Even the "Chinese" kid had to correct him on multiple occasions.

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2012 08:58 AM by Miller0700.)
05-11-2012 08:56 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Dad- What do you think about this whole "president accepting gays" thing?

Me- Its about time.

Dad- A guy marrying another guy or a woman marrying another woman. Disgusting. What if they have kids? Who's the mom and who's the dad? How do they raise them? That kid is going to be messed up.

Me- Well people do find a way.

Dad- Well if some guy walked up to you and asked you out...

Me- I would decline because that's not me. I'm sure other people would do it.

Sister- Well I'm indecisive.

Me- Yep. My two kids accept this stuff. This generation is backwards.

-_-

05-15-2012 02:07 AM
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Your dad is backwards and why are you friends with that guy?
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2012 02:21 AM by fish20.)
05-15-2012 02:21 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

(05-15-2012 02:21 AM)fish20 Wrote:  Your dad is backwards and why are you friends with that guy?

He's pretty cool if you don't bring that up. And because we have a lot more in common.

05-15-2012 04:56 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Me- Its cold in here.

Friend- You're not cold blooded like me?

Me- What? Like where you live? Is it cold there?

Friend- No, I mean cold blooded meaning serial killer.

Me- What makes you think that?

Friend- Cold blooded people have cold blood.

Me- What? No they don't. How can they survive?

Friend- What are you talking about "survive?" Cold blood is normal for those type of people.

I laugh.

Me- That makes no sense.

Friend- Yeah it does. That's why their blood is crystals because its so cold.

I laugh again.

Friend- I swear you're retarded...

05-16-2012 04:41 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

mfw I think 90% of the things in this thread did not happen

No, this is Patrick.
05-16-2012 05:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The 7 Stupidest Things That Make People Proud Miller0700 31 15,562 06-29-2016 06:10 AM
Last Post: UnicornLionWolf
  ITT we find stupid articles people actually agree with Stadium 0 1,239 04-13-2012 03:13 AM
Last Post: Stadium
  oh fuck me people are stupid Elfy 48 16,136 10-17-2011 05:21 PM
Last Post: Efs
  Don't blame us for stupid people that join SS Thade 40 3,980 01-20-2010 12:22 PM
Last Post: Loxor
  People do stupid stuff? Why? To wake me up at 4am Pieman 11 2,782 12-08-2009 08:57 AM
Last Post: Elfy
  This is why people think Americans are stupid John Tuttle 2 1,493 12-02-2008 01:57 PM
Last Post: John Tuttle
  Judging people because they are stupid. Darthmat 14 3,059 10-11-2008 06:08 AM
Last Post: Michio-kun
  This is how stupid some people have gotten arthasmenethil 8 2,551 12-18-2007 02:06 PM
Last Post: Suicidal-kun
  guy who does stupid things Suicidal-kun 18 4,605 09-30-2007 10:38 AM
Last Post: Suicidal-kun