RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got accepted to charter
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
Got accepted to charter

And I scored some kind of ADHD medicine for free from some insane kid that has a prescription but doesn't take them. The high coupled with getting accepted...I feel like I could take on the whole world right now!

Charter is 3 hours a day from 2:30 to 5:30. I can sleep in EVERY FUCKING DAY. No more stress of school, all the fucking idiot students, the uniform nazis, the authoritarian teachers that hate me...if I get my shit together at charter I can graduate in 2 years, maybe even go to college and get a good job...I doubt that last part, I couldn't have an average american job...it would be school all over again...people telling you what to do all day and having to be a slave to the system...but 3 fucking hours a day!! Three hours! I will have free time when I'm not too depressed to enjoy it!! This is the best I've felt in a long, long time. I'm so fucking happy I believe I'm even getting weed today I can just smoke it all with one of my best friends in celebration...I will be free for the vast majority of the time! This is fucking great and I think this is the first thread I've made in ST&V that isn't just a rage fest.

No, this is Patrick.
01-27-2012 09:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

Given 9 thank(s) in 9 post(s)
RE: Got accepted to charter

I hate you again stadium

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\
01-27-2012 09:56 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Oh, man, even 3 hours a day sounds awful to me. That's like how many hours a day you go in correge, and it's terrible.

But, you know, that's awesome for you.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
01-27-2012 09:58 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Don't derail this thread I am very happy if you start this shit again I WILL WIN. MY BRAIN IS ENHANCED BY SMART PILLS DAMNIT

No, this is Patrick.
01-27-2012 09:58 AM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

Lucky bastard though I still would hate it because well of hermit traits.

ZZZ...
01-27-2012 10:30 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

I will probably still hate it it's just the lesser of two evils.

No, this is Patrick.
01-27-2012 10:31 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

(01-27-2012 10:31 AM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  I will probably still hate it it's just the lesser of two evils.

It's only three-sevenths as evil!

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

01-27-2012 10:33 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

It's a pretty big improvement at least. Congrats Smile

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
01-27-2012 11:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Thanks everyone. Yes it's definitely a huge improvement. No more teachers standing at the front of the classroom thinking everything they have to say is more important than you...all work and lessons are done on the computer...much better for me.

No, this is Patrick.
01-27-2012 11:40 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

(01-27-2012 11:40 AM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  Thanks everyone. Yes it's definitely a huge improvement. No more teachers standing at the front of the classroom thinking everything they have to say is more important than you...all work and lessons are done on the computer...much better for me.

Oh, so it's even better. I've always liked the computer work better.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

01-27-2012 11:59 AM
M3116 Offline
I and I

Given 5 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Congrats but have you ever been in charter school before
01-27-2012 12:11 PM
McGee! Offline
Defender of...

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

(01-27-2012 09:33 AM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  ! This is fucking great and I think this is the first thread I've made in ST&V that isn't just a rage fest.

That's an accomplishment in itself, I believe.

Sociopath Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Colbert is awesome.
/threaditude.
Generation Y Cuban blog-English blog
Hidden stuff:
hewhodestroysall Wrote:Honestly I never figured the point of the esrb.
Point is you can't censor reality.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas, Tinker v. Des Moines (1969) Wrote:In our system, state-operated schools may not be enclaves of totalitarianism. School officials do not possess absolute authority over their students. Students in school as well as out of school are "persons" under our Constitution."
Rebelnerd Wrote:Human rights are being violated by US law enforcement. This is what the media is here for, you're supposed to be the watchdogs! You're supposed to stand up for the downtrodden, not belittle them as though all their problems amount to nothing more than some angry glares toward parents and sabotaging their computers.
I've seen so much shit done to youth and for some reason, this has made me angrier than I've felt in years. Abuse and oppression happens all over the world. It's a terrible reality of modern society, but we've all accepted that it happens and we're doing what we can to fight it and build a better world.
But this...this mindless, condescending disrespect toward people who have no legal voice with which to defend themselves, this reduction of parents' betrayal into a cheap crack about kids being computer-savvy...it's like watching a surgeon joke about life insurance while his patient bleeds to death on the operating table. The media's job is to protect society from oppression and they've drawn a clear line between the people worth protecting and the people that don't matter. How can they people sleep at night?

You're a journalist. DO. YOUR. FUCKING. JOB.

(04-28-2010 08:17 AM)Liquid Wrote:  Laws never seem to help people fight School. Laws only matter if the students are braking them...

(12-03-2011 07:40 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Solution to all these problems: don't fuck people you can't negotiate with in a civilized manner.
(02-09-2012 02:14 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  The only solution is democratic self-paced education where students can excel in what they are good at and work on what their not if necessary, AT THEIR OWN DAMN PACE IN THEIR OWN DAMN WAY.

Don't Board the Censor Ship
01-28-2012 07:36 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

Yay *hugggg*

Congrats man, enjoy it Biggrin

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
01-28-2012 07:39 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

(01-27-2012 09:58 AM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  Don't derail this thread I am very happy if you start this shit again I WILL WIN. MY BRAIN IS ENHANCED BY SMART PILLS DAMNIT

Would like some Ritalin too, but I can only get a whole package for about 20€...Silk Road sucks ass. Things gonna fuck up your creativity though, but as a lesser evil, its ok...Also, I wouldn't get the SR (=Slow Release), which I would prefer.

Do you take it circular? What I mean is take a small dose at beginning of testing time, and steady up the dosis. When the maximum dose kicks in, take tests like a bawss, then slowly reduce dosis. Use the stuff with care and use it to get over my own projects. When minimal dosis kicks in, change to tic tacs, cause it's gonna be a habit taking pills at some time, so take the tic tacs instead of the drugs.

I never had a chance to test this method, but I'd like to before the finals kick in. Graduate like a boss and tell teachers to gtfo. Science wins over school...
Just have to find out how to get them.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
01-28-2012 07:59 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

They weren't Ritalin they were something else that was really strong...I pretty much speeded for two days and now I'm laying in bed unable to get up or fall asleep.

No, this is Patrick.
01-28-2012 08:02 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Bad shit, man, bad shit.
Guess those are the risk, do you know the name? I'd like to research this matter.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
01-28-2012 08:03 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Vyvanze. I took quite a few large dose pills. And it's not really bad shit I'm kind of enjoying just lying here with SOAD and SS.

When you look up vyvanze you will see a lot of dumbasses saying you can't abuse it...I call bullshit, you can't snort or inject it but if you just swallow them you can feel pretty good...it's been a few hours since I took the last one and I still feel pretty good.

No, this is Patrick.
01-28-2012 08:08 AM
TheWhiteRussian Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

im thinking of going to charter.

I am of nothing special; of this I am sure. I am a common boy with common thoughts, and I have a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten.
01-28-2012 08:08 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Charter is thinking of going to you but don't tell anyone it's a secret.

No, this is Patrick.
01-28-2012 08:15 AM
1312 Offline
It gets better, believe me. :)

Given 44 thank(s) in 30 post(s)

What is charter school? I read wiki but didn't understand shit...

And congratulations, I guess.
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2012 08:16 AM by 1312.)
01-28-2012 08:16 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Conjecture Warning, this posts is pure cconjection!

I somehow have a feeling that almost EVERY ADHD "medicine" out there is amphetamine. Ritalin is, Vyvanse is, and Adderall is also told to enchant concentration, but it seems to kinda get you euphoric. Damn I want to try either Ritalin or Vyvanse - just to feel it. You ass, you got me fucking curios now Biggrin

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2012 09:42 AM by aCol.)
01-28-2012 09:21 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

(01-28-2012 09:21 AM)aCol Wrote:  Conclusion Warning, this posts is pure conclusion!

Do you mean "conjecture"?

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

01-28-2012 09:39 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

I don't know what you are talking about Biggrin

But thanks.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
01-28-2012 09:42 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

(01-28-2012 09:42 AM)aCol Wrote:  I don't know what you are talking about Biggrin

But thanks.

do you live in australia or something.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

01-28-2012 09:56 AM
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

Given 9 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

I have ADHD so I'm prescribed to adderal rx. I have to take both adderal and weed to get high, because only one or the other just makes me normal.

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\
01-28-2012 10:06 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

(01-28-2012 09:21 AM)aCol Wrote:  Conjecture Warning, this posts is pure cconjection!

I somehow have a feeling that almost EVERY ADHD "medicine" out there is amphetamine. Ritalin is, Vyvanse is, and Adderall is also told to enchant concentration, but it seems to kinda get you euphoric. Damn I want to try either Ritalin or Vyvanse - just to feel it. You ass, you got me fucking curios now Biggrin

I don't know what conjecture means and I don't care.
All of them (except maybe ones I don't know about) are amphetamine. Amphetamines are bad. 4 year olds taking amphetamine daily, especially when they don't even need it, is worse. Me seeking out my own amphetamines and using them responsibly is good. I think I use them more responsibly than people who are prescribed to it...maybe not the people who actually need it, but the majority of them don't need it and still take it multiple times a day. The websites talking about Vyvanse says not to abuse it because it can cause serious damage to your body, but I don't see why it would cause serious damage to someone's body if they don't have a prescription but wouldn't if they do? Isn't it the same drug? Just because they have a mental disorder (and most of the time they don't) wouldn't it affect their body the same way? Especially if they take it more than I do?

If this is incoherent it's because I haven't slept in 2 days.

No, this is Patrick.
01-28-2012 10:14 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

That's fucking awesome man

[Image: glorious666.png]
01-28-2012 10:22 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Yeah, I see that too...It is the same drug. Drugs are Medicine, and Medicine is at most drugs. It the doses that make the poison, as that old Greece dude said.

You say you haven't slept in two days? Is this because of the drug abuse, or something throughout your own will? A side effect like that one can't be good. Do you think it could "burn out" your brain? Not literally speaking, but in terms of concentration and stuff. I mean you are basically over-clocking brain and body by using drugs (or you just change the way it works for a short period)...

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
01-28-2012 11:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  First day at charter Stadium 3 1,621 02-08-2012 02:28 PM
Last Post: gore goroth
  OFFICIALLY accepted to charter Stadium 4 2,138 02-05-2012 07:33 PM
Last Post: M3116
  Just filled out my charter application Stadium 2 1,403 01-18-2012 10:26 AM