RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Poll: Would you support this?
Yes
No
Maybe...
It Depends
Probably
Probably not.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movement!!! MOVEMENT PLEASE READ.
happy fool called Nigel Offline
Pariah

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)
Movement!!! MOVEMENT PLEASE READ.

By the way, sorry for posting this in the Voices in your Head forum, the other ones were disabled because of the stupid Hell thing. Upset

This an organization I'm forming, and suggestions for a new name or anything in general would be welcomed. Biggrin

An organized group of non-violent guerrilla agents dedicated to the ending of the European-based occupation of The Americas and the re-establishment of a non-centralized and peaceful Native American government.

Our mission is clear.

We will not stage a holocaust.

We are not terrorists.

We will not establish a dictatorship or a racist government.

we are:

Indigenous
Peoples
Ending the
Oppression and
Occupation of the
Americas

ipeooa

See, it would be like... France.

Who lives there, mainly? French People. Who runs the place? The French. The French government.

Can I move there? Can you? Can some guy from China move there and make his own business? Yes.

Comments?

Assistance?

Questions? I'd be glad to answer them.

They in the sea being burnt, they in the burnt ship drowned.

[Image: nigelsmex.jpg]
12-28-2007 10:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
randyhart Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

It doesn't have enough flavour or clear message for what you really want to do.....

"European-based occupation of The Americas and the re-establishment of a non-centralized and peaceful Native American government."

What ever do you mean? American people living here?

The World seemed to all make sense but that sense seemed to slowly fade now in 11th grade
12-28-2007 10:46 AM
Pariah

randyhart Wrote:It doesn't have enough flavour or clear message for what you really want to do.....

"European-based occupation of The Americas and the re-establishment of a non-centralized and peaceful Native American government."

What ever do you mean? American people living here?

'European-based occupation'

The Europeans came to the America's and suppressed the majority Native Americans by means of a Holocaust. Afterwards, people from all over the world joined in on the occupation (We're still fucking here!) and it continues to this day.

're-establishment of a non-centralized and peaceful Native American government.'

Re-establishment: To re-establish something. In this case, a Government.

Non-centralized: A centralized government is a government that revolves around one central authority. Like America.

A non-centralized government: The opposite

Peaceful Native American government: The Native Americans are the ones in the government. Other people can help, but it's mainly Native Americans.

12-28-2007 11:08 AM
randyhart Offline
Revolutionary

Native Americana's as in Pocahontas?

I don't know I think it sounds Fascist like Native Americana's know everything or something

The World seemed to all make sense but that sense seemed to slowly fade now in 11th grade
12-28-2007 11:14 AM
Pariah

randyhart Wrote:Native Americana's as in Pocahontas?

I don't know I think it sounds Fascist like Native Americana's know everything or something

Sorry if I gave that impression. It's just that, like... if you live there, you have always lived there, and in pretty much every aspect, it's your land, why not run your own government?

By the way, I despise fascism and will to everything in my power to fight it.

12-28-2007 11:20 AM
lifelongblondmoment Offline
Rebel

i am really confused you used too many big words you need to dumb it down

Love is a useless expression that means pain
12-28-2007 12:35 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:It's just that, like... if you live there, you have always lived there, and in pretty much every aspect, it's your land, why not run your own government?

So if the "European Invaders" (who are all dead now) live there, they have always lived there, and it's their land too? Razz

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
12-29-2007 02:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: sswbm
Pariah

SoulRiser Wrote:
Quote:It's just that, like... if you live there, you have always lived there, and in pretty much every aspect, it's your land, why not run your own government?

So if the "European Invaders" (who are all dead now) live there, they have always lived there, and it's their land too? Razz

as a whole, they have only been here for about five hundred years, which is almost relatively nothing compared to how long us natives have been here.

12-29-2007 05:58 AM
Pariah

lifelongblondmoment Wrote:i am really confused you used too many big words you need to dumb it down

do you think you could help? I would welcome it, if you know how.

12-29-2007 05:59 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

So... what do you want to do? Just rename America so it sounds more like Native American... somethingorother?

What do you want? Recognition for people who died? Do you want someone in present day to apologize for what their ancestors did? What would be the point of this?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
12-29-2007 06:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

sorry, i'm not going to support this. if it was some movement to get better living conditions for indians living on reservations or to pay some reparations or something, then that's great. but putting the natives back in power is ridiculous. just because your distant ancestors lived somewhere doesn't mean it still belongs to you, and even though america did some pretty evil stuff to the indians, it doesn't mean we should carry on the feud into the 21st century. that was over a hundred years ago, get over it! the indian wars are over, they're not getting shot and infected with smallpox blankets anymore. except on the reservations, the indians aren't being oppressed and it's not worth a total upheaval to fix a few pieces of land. it's stupid to act like white people alive today somehow bear responsability for what our ancestors did so long ago. i'm sorry, but the last thing the world needs now is more racism.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
12-29-2007 07:25 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

i agree, but evrybody should fight one commen enemy,capitilisim

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
12-29-2007 09:09 AM
Pariah

SoulRiser Wrote:So... what do you want to do? Just rename America so it sounds more like Native American... somethingorother?

What do you want? Recognition for people who died? Do you want someone in present day to apologize for what their ancestors did? What would be the point of this?

The ending of the European-based occupation of The Americas and the re-establishment of a non-centralized and peaceful Native American government.

I think it's pretty clear.

12-29-2007 10:03 AM
Pariah

Rebelnerd Wrote:just because your distant ancestors lived somewhere doesn't mean it still belongs to you

Actually, it does. Treaties were made my Natives and Americans alike, and they let the Naatives keep their land.

Those treaties have been blatantly broken by the US government.

Rebelnerd Wrote:except on the reservations, the indians aren't being oppressed and it's not worth a total upheaval to fix a few pieces of land.

Actually, we are. That's the most simple way to put it. We are being oppressed. And as for a 'few peices of land', The Americas. Both continents.

Rebelnerd Wrote:it's stupid to act like white people alive today somehow bear responsibility for what our ancestors did so long ago. i'm sorry, but the last thing the world needs now is more racism.

I'm not being racist! Never will be! I don't think it's a very racist thing to want Native Americans to govern their own land.

Besides, I never said white people. Europeans came, conquered, and let everybody else come in. Btw, I am half white myself, so don't think I hate white people.

12-29-2007 10:11 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:I don't think it's a very racist thing to want Native Americans to govern their own land.

That's the racist part. You're advocating a particular "race" owning land. Whoever lives there owns the land. Not someone else based on their "race".

The Native Americans owned the land when they lived on it. It was wrong of the Europeans to take it from them. Making the modern "europeans" (who are now Americans, and had nothing whatsoever to do with the original conflict) give it back would not right that wrong from long ago. It would make another wrong. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Hidden stuff:
12-29-2007 10:15 AM
 Thanks given by: sswbm
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

i just don't think it's right to make billions of white give up the place they live just because their distant ancestors did something bad. i agree that life on the reservations is shit, i've seen them and it's appalling. that's a just cause that's worth fighting for, but trying to put ancient tribes back in power is ridiculous. politics change. if the distant past is what you want to base modern politics on, then should the Church get total domination of Europe because they once "owned" it? should the Czar be brought back in Russia? and don't start saying that it's different because the indians were "good" and the europeans were "bad," the Aztecs were the most savage butchers in the western hemisphere until smallpox arrived. you want them in power again? tying race to politican domination is not a good idea.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
12-29-2007 01:38 PM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

Okay. Here's a fucking concept. Nobody owns land. Everyone just thinks they do. Now, quit bitching about who owns land, realize that there are more important things to correct, and then fix them.

K
S
12-29-2007 02:21 PM
Pariah

SoulRiser Wrote:
Quote:I don't think it's a very racist thing to want Native Americans to govern their own land.

That's the racist part. You're advocating a particular "race" owning land. Whoever lives there owns the land. Not someone else based on their "race".

The Native Americans owned the land when they lived on it. It was wrong of the Europeans to take it from them. Making the modern "europeans" (who are now Americans, and had nothing whatsoever to do with the original conflict) give it back would not right that wrong from long ago. It would make another wrong. Two wrongs do not make a right.

I don't think it's wrong.

Again, it's an occupation. (And they didn't take all of it.)

Would you think it was wrong for Tibet to take back it's own country from the Chinese, for Tibetans?

12-30-2007 08:35 AM
Pariah

Anonymous1.0 Wrote:Okay. Here's a fucking concept. Nobody owns land. Everyone just thinks they do. Now, quit bitching about who owns land, realize that there are more important things to correct, and then fix them.

Wtf man.

Gaining independence. Not just land. Being ourselves. Our own government. Not the U.S. Government.

And I'm not bitching. Actually trying to make an organization and trying to get something done about it is not 'bitching'.

12-30-2007 08:38 AM
Pariah

Rebelnerd Wrote:i just don't think it's right to make billions of white give up the place they live just because their distant ancestors did something bad. i agree that life on the reservations is shit, i've seen them and it's appalling. that's a just cause that's worth fighting for, but trying to put ancient tribes back in power is ridiculous. politics change. if the distant past is what you want to base modern politics on, then should the Church get total domination of Europe because they once "owned" it? should the Czar be brought back in Russia? and don't start saying that it's different because the indians were "good" and the europeans were "bad," the Aztecs were the most savage butchers in the western hemisphere until smallpox arrived. you want them in power again? tying race to politican domination is not a good idea.

1. PEOPLE CAN STILL LIVE HERE. Didn't you read what I wrote?

This isn't 'giving up land'. It's about letting us govern ourselves and our home.

And seriously, it wasn't that long ago. 8 generations, at the most.

Not to forget:

Indian Citizenship Act of 1924.

We've only been allowed to vote for 83 years! 83 out of about 500 years that other people have been here.

Seriously guys. That's the racist part.

2. Ancient tribes? WE'RE STILL HERE! WE ARE INTACT! NOT EXTINCT! We're as ancient as everybody else!

3. The church never owned Europe.

4. I'M NOT A FUCKING RACIST.

There were bad native Americans and there were good Native Americans. There were bad Europeans and there were good Europeans.

And the Aztecs were not the most savage butchers in the western hemisphere until smallpox arrived. I don't know who were, but it wasn't them And you can't just classify a whole tribe as 'savage butchers'. Who's prejudice now?

5. "tying race to politican domination is not a good idea."

We wouldn't even be considered our own race if we hadn't become so few that we all had to tie together. And if you don't want to talk on terms of race, then fine.

I want 'the people who lived in North America and South America' before 'any body else' came, to govern the land that they lived on (and still do!) before other people moved in at random and said it was theirs.

12-30-2007 08:48 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Well, you want a certain group of people to have more control of land than other people who also live there. That's unfair. I'm not saying the way it is NOW is right either, but if you want people here to support you, you'll have to come up with something that will be better for EVERYONE, not just one group of people.

Hidden stuff:
12-30-2007 09:16 AM
Pariah

SoulRiser Wrote:Well, you want a certain group of people to have more control of land than other people who also live there. That's unfair. I'm not saying the way it is NOW is right either, but if you want people here to support you, you'll have to come up with something that will be better for EVERYONE, not just one group of people.

I admit, it may be viewed as a bit unfair, and yes, it is very unfair now.

And besides, It's not like it can be ONLY natives. Look at America. Our governor of California is from Austria.

12-30-2007 09:25 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:It's not like it can be ONLY natives. Look at America. Our governor of California is from Austria.

Then why don't you just get more natives to run for office now? Wouldn't that be the same thing?

Hidden stuff:
12-30-2007 09:34 AM
Pariah

SoulRiser Wrote:
Quote:It's not like it can be ONLY natives. Look at America. Our governor of California is from Austria.

Then why don't you just get more natives to run for office now? Wouldn't that be the same thing?

No, it wouldn't actually. New laws. We do it our way. And if we get this done, it would be easier than just having more natives run.

12-30-2007 09:41 AM
Pariah

But I thank you for being reasonable, Soulriser. Smile

12-30-2007 09:42 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

What would these new laws be?

Hidden stuff:
12-30-2007 09:54 AM
Shuri Offline
Renegade

Given 3 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

1) The indigenous peoples of what is now called America still own the land. Nigel has made this clear.
2) The treaties our ancestors made, which effectively rented this land out to the Europeans who claimed to have nowhere else to go, have been broken. This means, SoulRiser, you're living here illegally.
3) If I went to Italy, stuck a flag in the ground, and claimed it as mine by right of discovery, is it mine? If I formed a successful, hostile occupation of France, made legitimate treaties and then broke them, used military force to wipe out most of the Native French and did my best to erase them from history, does France still belong to my descendants three generations later just because they didn't actually do anything? If the French wanted their land back, would they be wrong? No.
4) I don't care if you didn't actually commit any of those crimes. You're still reaping the benefits. I'm still forced to live under the occupation your ancestors enforced. You want to stay here? Why don't you go live on a reservation? Were you aware that was actually the original agreement made between most of the indigenous peoples and the invading Europeans they corresponded with? The Europeans were to remain on set pieces of land, and if they crossed their boundaries, they were officially trespassing.
5) If Hitler actually carried out his Holocaust without fail, would he have a right to any lands he conquered? Would his descendants? Stop trying to pass off your personal innocence as some sort of defense. You say two wrongs don't make a right. I don't see one wrong making a right, either.

Edit: Nigel, I think you'll find this interesting:
http://www.republicoflakota.com/

[Image: saladhearts.jpg]
Yum.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com
12-30-2007 10:29 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

the Aztecs WERE savages. they raped, conquered, burned, pillaged, and massacred every village and tribe within reach, and cut out their prisoners' beating hearts with a knife every day for their god. when the Europeans arrived, many natives agreed to fight WITH THEM just so they could get a shot at the Aztecs and avenge their people.
oh, right, but they were the BAD natives. and the Europeans who took over were the bad ones. my point is that that was a long time ago, they are not the same ones! what if some of the white in power now are the "good" Europeans (if they can even be classified as Europeans, which seems stupid seeing as many whites today have no connection with Europe, and we fought our own war against them)? when you have the indians take over again, what happens to the land that was ruled by the "bad" ones? who gets to pass judgement on that? not all of the indians were good at governing their people, just because they lived here first doesn't give them any special right to drag innocent people of European descent into that. and what happens when some of the "bad" indians try to bring back their old ways, and the people say no? your idea sounds really nice and inspirational as an internet speech, but in reality it won't work.

12-30-2007 10:45 AM
Shuri Offline
Renegade

Given 3 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Rebelnerd Wrote:the Aztecs WERE savages. they raped, conquered, burned, pillaged, and massacred every village and tribe within reach, and cut out their prisoners' beating hearts with a knife every day for their god. when the Europeans arrived, many natives agreed to fight WITH THEM just so they could get a shot at the Aztecs and avenge their people.
You're thinking of the Aztec Empire. I don't know what Nigel would support, but I would put the Aztecs back in power where they were originally.
Rebelnerd Wrote:oh, right, but they were the BAD natives. and the Europeans who took over were the bad ones. my point is that that was a long time ago, they are not the same ones!
No, but guess who has legal ownership? I'm sorry, "America" is incorrect. Try again.
Rebelnerd Wrote:what if some of the white in power now are the "good" Europeans (if they can even be classified as Europeans, which seems stupid seeing as many whites today have no connection with Europe, and we fought our own war against them)? when you have the indians take over again, what happens to the land that was ruled by the "bad" ones? who gets to pass judgement on that?
Yes, you fought a war for independence and in doing so oppressed another group of nations. That's what this government needs. More hypocrisy. And by lineage, all white people have connections with Europe, and are therefore Europeans. But you're missing the point. The point is that it's none of your business. WE are ruled by YOU. YOU have no right to rule US. WE want to rule OURSELVES. It's about our right to freedom and sovereignty. Figure it out.
And while I'm at it, who's the one "passing judgement" on the Europeans' actions?
Rebelnerd Wrote:not all of the indians were good at governing their people, just because they lived here first doesn't give them any special right to drag innocent people of European descent into that.

GUESS WHAT. None of the Europeans governed their people well. Go figure. Stop pointing fingers and get your head out of your ass. We're not saying "you're evil". We're saying "get your laws out of our faces". So the Aztec empire was oppressive and destructive. That's understood. I didn't see them take a ship over to Europe and rape and kill and plunder from and take over the land of all the European nations.
Rebelnerd Wrote:and what happens when some of the "bad" indians try to bring back their old ways, and the people say no? your idea sounds really nice and inspirational as an internet speech, but in reality it won't work.

Wrong. It IS working. Native people are taking a stand and getting things done. There's a movement going on right now for the Lakota to declare sovereignty (see other post). I don't see the world going to hell in a handbag just because the indigenous peoples get their rights back.

[Image: saladhearts.jpg]
Yum.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com
12-30-2007 11:09 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:This means, SoulRiser, you're living here illegally.

I live in South Africa Razz

I don't care who was wherever first, or who legally owns whatever land, I only care about them trying their best to get along wherever they are now.

Hidden stuff:
12-30-2007 11:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Voluntary Human Extinction Movement SoulRiser 120 43,332 05-01-2017 04:25 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Has the gay pride movement gone too far? DeadorAlive 28 20,418 10-23-2014 04:13 AM
Last Post: redstrain
  Movement "I DON'T PAY" is spreading across Europe (english subs) HeartofShadows 7 4,579 02-23-2012 09:18 AM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  Getting through to the Occupy movement SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT 38 15,868 02-20-2012 02:00 PM
Last Post: iexist
  The Prepper Movement HeartofShadows 10 6,073 10-27-2011 03:16 AM
Last Post: Liquid