RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The second-worst thing that has ever happened to me.
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
The second-worst thing that has ever happened to me.

I was responding to a post in the thread about school shootings but then I felt like telling this whole story. Excuse me if I've already told it on this forum, but I need to tell this story periodically.

flann Wrote:Absent is right

But if you complain that it is about kids privacy, think 9.11.2001
That was the day we got to just hang out in biology class because the teachers were too busy watching the news to tell us something to do.

Then the very next day, they started doing the pledge of allegiance and I refused to participate, I got yelled at by teachers and other students alike, I got dragged into the principle's office, told that legally I had a right not to say the pledge, but that I either had to stand during it, or leave the room. This bitch named amanda, one day she literally blocks my path out of the classroom, but as a result of her doing that, the whole class is watching us yell at each other and no one paid attention to the pledge and no one but us two was standing during it. She and her bitch friends followed me around school and pushed me, and then I got suspended for three days and she got away with it.

I feel so angry when I think about how the teachers were to me the next school year. I don't understand why they would say it is disruptive or disrespectful for me to just quietly fucking remain in my seat while the stupid sheep stand up. But I felt so weak. I felt that they could physically overpower me. That's why I did what they said.... I wish I had just yelled at them, "Or WHAT? What will you do if I don't stand up right this second?" Maybe they would kick me out of school. Hooray!

I fought it until I was told about texas law, then I accepted that, fearing that they would bring in cops and guns.... I think I felt like, I had tried logic on them, and that didn't work. And if logic doesn't work, you're dealing with crazy people, and you have to just lay low so they don't kill you.

When the bitch and her friends pushed me in the hall, this janitor person said, go tell the principal, who happened to be just a few feet away. While telling the story of the stalking and harrassment of the past week, I called the bitch a "shitty person" and the principal acted all offended by that word. Nevermind the fact that I'd been stalked and harrassed by 3 people for the past week, I'm a terrible person for saying the word shit, and I deserve what I got, apparently. Anyway, I apologized for saying the word shit, and went on with my story. Then she said I have to go to the office and tell this one vice principal what happened because he's the one in charge of disciplinary whatever. So I tell him the story. As I'm telling it, several people come into the little office to listen. Then they call in constable kubes and I have to tell it again for him to hear. There's like 7 people in the office now, listening to my story, and every single one of them looks like they want to strangle me, all because I didn't want to participate in the ritual of pledging allegiance to some stupid gang calling itself a government. I was perfectly aware by that point that I was not going to get any justice from these people and that things were probably just going to get worse for me. I said I just wanted to leave the office and go to class, but the vice principal said I had to write the story down on this paper. I had been crying a little, and all the people's faces said, "Good, that little shit deserves to cry." Someone gave me a tissue but I didn't use it, I just tore it up into small pieces to try to distract myself from all the staring glaring hateful faces. When the guy handed me the paper, I tore it up and threw it and the tissue on the floor. Then I got up and ran out of the office, intending to just go to my class. As I was leaving the office, I heard the vice principal order constable kubes to catch me. As if I were a criminal! I was supposed to be there reporting a crime. Reporting someone stalking and harrassing and attacking me. I didn't want to actually be running from a police officer, so I stopped a little way down the hallway and watched constable kubes run in his stupid old-man way like he was actually trying to catch me. I said, "I'm not running away." And then he actually fucking took me by the arm and "guided" me back to the office. I got suspended for 3 days for

-littering
-running away from a police officer
-saying the word shit (disturbing the peace)

and I had to go to COURT for saying the word shit. It was a really stupid court. There was no jury or anything. Me and my mom stood in front of the "bench", you know how in law shows when the judge says "approach the bench", that's where we were standing. The judge asked me what my plea was and I said "not guilty" and he said, paraphrased, "I have the details of the case here. If you plead not guilty and go to trial, the jury will be made up of adults and they will hate you on sight and they will convict you, and you will get hundreds of hours of community service. But if you plead guilty right now, I'll just give you a fine." So I said guilty. Then he went in his "chambers" to "think". My mom and I stood in the middle of the court room until he came back. Then he yelled at me some more, told my mom she was a bad parent, and then decreed a fine of $500. Plus a court fee of $29.

When I went back to school after my 3 days of suspension were over, my mom went with me to talk to the vice principal about amanda's hypothetical punishment. The vice principal said there was no proof, that amanda denied everything, and accused me of sexual harrassment. They didn't try to punish me for that, though. I think the vice principal was just getting off on all this shit.

So, I've always remembered 9-11-01 as a bad day, the beginning of a bad couple of weeks, the beginning of two school years of fights with teachers and other students over some stupid bullshit.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
03-10-2011 03:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
Re: The second-worst thing that has ever happened to me.

I agree with you rillian.

9/11 was the tumble toward a lot of the stupid shit that led us to what we are today. It shows the world how self centered, ignorant and stupid this countries people really are.

With what that event led this country too its a shame the day itself had such a negative impact on you.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
03-10-2011 04:11 PM
Mondasin Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

well shit, i've now gone from neutral emotionless robot to depressed.

Sorry that the system of mindless fucktards caused such an impact on you.
03-11-2011 12:42 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Fucking Texas. Figures. My friend didn't stand for the pledge and got bitched at by some fag substitute teacher because "He has relatives in the army." The thing is, my friend has relatives in the army as well, and it's perfectly all right to not say the pledge. The thing is, my school illegally has a rule in the handbook stating that if you don't want to say the pledge, you have to get a note. After that, my friend just dropped out and went to cyber school.

Shit is retarded.

I never say the pledge, I just stand there. Ever since I started doing that it seems like others feel comfortable doing the same. Just standing there. Now it's usually only the teacher and the suckups who say the pledge.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
03-11-2011 12:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flann Offline
Revolutionary

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:9/11 was the tumble toward a lot of the stupid shit that led us to what we are today. It shows the world how self centered, ignorant and stupid this countries people really are.

True

Also, it appears I indirectly started a thread. Yay.

War is stupid.
03-11-2011 01:26 PM
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

The pledge says nothing about the army at all. Also, if you pledge ONCE, you pledge forever. Thats why its a pledge.
03-11-2011 01:54 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Absentinsomniac Wrote:The thing is, my school illegally has a rule in the handbook stating that if you don't want to say the pledge, you have to get a note.
I had shit about this in 6th grade. I lived in texas then, too, but in a different city. I simply refused to participate in either of the pledges (usa and texas) and after a couple of days of that, the teacher, with her face looking like it was on fire with anger, came over and slammed a note down on my desk. It said, "Until I get a note from your parents saying you don't have to say the pledge, you STAND." And the word stand was underlined three times and written in huge letters.
I got the note from my mom and then I gave the note to the teacher in the morning, and then when it was time for the pledge, she said, in this, like, triumphant I've-got-an-ace-up-my-sleeve tone of voice, "You have to stand." And I was like, no, I gave you the note. And she said, "The note says you don't have to say it, it doesn't say you don't have to stand." -evil smile-

The thing is, technically speaking, she did not violate what she said. It's because conditional isn't the same as biconditional. Those of you who know the jargon of logic books will get it, if anyone asks I can explain it.

I had my mom write another note saying I don't have to stand, but the teacher just vetoed that.

Yeah, anyway, I don't know whether the note thing is actually legal. And I'm not sure about the standing vs. saying either.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

03-11-2011 02:27 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

fish20 Wrote:The pledge says nothing about the army at all. Also, if you pledge ONCE, you pledge forever. Thats why its a pledge.
Oh NO! Quick, what's the anti-pledge? I need to say it at least 900 times.

Oh wait it's just some stupid words, not a magic spell. Nevermind.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

03-11-2011 02:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is the worst thing teachers have done to you? schoolsux 51 22,173 05-29-2017 02:04 PM
Last Post: the Analogist