RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Total Transformation Scam (aka The Total Brainwashing)
knower Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Re: The Total Transformation (aka The Total Brainwashing)

[/quote] just sounds like another one of those programs that treat the child like the enemy.

Sounds like..but in reality its a program to try to get your child to act civilized ,with respect,and try
to understand WHY? the REASON they in fact are treating you and their family like the enemy not the other way around. But unfortunately they wont TELL you the REASON. because then you can REASON together. It's generally they don't want to do what their parents know is in their best interest,not just for themselves but their family as well but of course if your anti-family,anti structure,anti social and any other thing that would constitute an attempt at a normal way of life.
Quote:Like many parents of kids who act out, you may have been in family therapy with your child. And you've probably come out wondering why it's still so difficult to get your child's behavior to change, after you've spent all that time and money.
Here's why. Traditional counseling and therapy focus on getting a child to talk about his "feelings" and building his self-esteem to change his behavior.

I believe there's a better way. And, in my experience, parents need tools they can use at home once the child comes out of that office and faces day-to-day, real-world challenges.

Behaviorally troubled kids lack the skills to solve the problems they encounter every day. The Total Transformation® teaches you how to give your child more effective ways to solve his problems than fighting, screaming, annoying and defiance. He'll learn a simple system that will enable him to handle his problems appropriately and on his own, without acting out. A system that gets him…and you…better results.

I love how much this is simplified. Like your children are just something you can manipulate and there is simple reason why your kid is being a piece of shit.

hmmm let's use that logic on lets say an adult who behaves in this way. your logic is if people try to tell this person they are being out of order or their treatment and behavior towards others is wrong,then we are simply wrong because we are trying to manipulate this person? and we shouldn't do that? we should just tolerate this person and you would as well because you certainly wouldn't want to manipulate anyone.

Quote:There's no psychobabble or high-brow theory. I'll teach you exactly what to say and do to stop the arguments and get through to your kid, no matter how resistant he is to you. No matter how difficult the behavior has become at home and at school.

Lol. Did you not stop to think maybe there is a legitimate reason your child is "acting up" (whatever that means)? Sorry but parents can be dumbasses too.

well of course there is ALWAYS a reason isn't there,yet asking your child to use reason and talk about the REASON doesn't work. And we know they generally don't want to tell anyone because inside they understand the REASON doesn't justify their actions or explain it.

Also, it's hard being a kid in this industrialized western world.

Lol industrialisation has been around for many decades and your parents were included,yet morals,decency,good social behavior in or out of the family structure has never been any different,and because this is 2011 doesn't mean that kids today have it much different than any other point in history. peer pressures etc. have always been they really haven't got much to do with the world being industrialized ,but more about kids growing up too fast and wanting to and thereby learning how to be more hostile and cruel to each other ,its not new just some things never change they just get worse.

The real problem is that we live in a material society that is confusing.
confusing? your born,you grow up ,go to school until you graduate,then get a job or go to college and get a job,get out of college get a job ,maybe buy a home maybe not ,get married and have kids or not,then you die.... how you get from A to B is up to you,either full of chaos and confusion or do your best to make it through life following the rules as best as you can. what are you confused about?

and extremely imposing on even children that can hardly locate their dick (they have kindergarten entrance exams in some places now LOL). A typical child that grows up in western society today has unneccessary pressures, gets bombarded with consumerism,

If you go mcdonalds or your preferred choice of fast food,your a consumer,or clothes you like to wear that you buy,again consumer,of course we all buy things we have to . has that got anything to do with being well behaved child? i don't see how that ties into it? and i will read that explanation if there is one with great interest.

becomes increasingly estranged by their parents who are more than likely empty consumerists themselves, and lives according to innumerable, meaningless social images that confuse any sort of natural humanity left in them only to be replaced with vanity (success, money, empty relationships, cliques etc.). I'll go out on a limb and say behavioral problems are a combination of a child feeling alienated

meaningless social images ? which are those? Vanity,success,money these have always been part of the human race since it began,this is not a recent event. if these are your REASONS ,then why haven't
all children through out time misbehaved and blamed their parents and acted out? guess what they have. again nothing new. its not a recent event. watch the next generation to come will be doing the same. yawn.

(usually from their parents or from the world in which they live in general) and/or confused with a lot of bullshit they picked up from school, their peers, TV advertisements, mass media etc.

Good luck on your shitty "Total Transformation" program.[/quote]
07-25-2011 09:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Total Transformation (aka The Total Brainwashing) - knower - 07-25-2011 09:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Total Transformation Radio Ads James Comey 21 11,956 04-15-2017 04:38 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Brainwashing and how to avoid it Rule_BreakerXVIII 3 2,514 03-31-2017 04:07 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  "What's this? A new level? Ha! A useless transformation!" Jackass McAwesome 3 2,137 07-12-2009 04:40 AM
Last Post: Jackass McAwesome