RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberation Day- A Metaphor (Please Comment!)
schoolhater234 Offline
Renegade

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Liberation Day- A Metaphor (Please Comment!)

Hey, here's a poem I wrote... (see if you can understand what it's a metaphor for) :-) Hope you like it! I'd love to know what you think of it!

*I first put this up in the Writing section but no one was reading or commenting so I decided to put it here...

________________________________________________________________________________​

Sixty seconds. Sixty seconds till the moment I've been waiting for all my life. The time of liberation! I’ve been confined in this area for too long. Sitting here, watching the clock tick. Tick tock, tick tock. Half imagining what my freedom will be like, half listening to the jail guard.

Forty seconds left. This is the most exciting time of my life. For too long, I’ve been confined here. Told what to do, where to go, who to talk to, who to listen to. I want out. Out of this terrible, dull, place. We have to sit and listen. Listen to the lectures. Listen to the guard screaming his voice into our ears! Listen. Listen. Enough with the listening! I’ve had enough.

Thirty seconds left. I am thinking to myself of how I’ve waited so long for this time. This time. The time where I can be free. Where I can choose what I want to do. What I want to learn. Who I want to listen to. I’m done with all this nonsense. I’m done with being stuck in this atrocious, useless, jail.

Twenty seconds left. I’m visualizing where I will go. How free I will feel when I am not confined in this box, behind these bars. These bars that are keeping me from exploring. The jail guard is still talking but now I am not listening. I know I am smarter than I feel but being in this jail cell keeps me from feeling like I can do anything. I feel like I can’t accomplish anything. But maybe when I am free, I will.

Ten seconds left. I feel the presence of freedom coming near. Oh yes, I feel it close by. The closest I’ve ever felt to freedom and liberation. I’ve had so many years of this. So many years of this waiting. Of this watching. Of this hopefulness.

Five seconds left. What the jail guard is saying comes into focus, “Now it is time. You have worked up to this and I think you deserve it.” I am extremely excited. The jail guard raises a gun to my head. Wait… huh?

He shoots.

SchOolHAtEr234

Aint no power like the power of the people cause the power of the people don't stop!

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.
- Abraham Lincoln

Come children and students abide by our rules
we'll send in the troops to recruit at your schools
and we'll tell you it's noble, we'll tell you it's cool
and you'll hear every word that we're saying
and there's room in the jails if the classrooms are full
for the times, they are not a-changin'
come mothers and fathers and friends of the slain
while we exploit your loses to fund our campaigns
we brought you the war, now there's no one to blame
you best hope the new leader ain't crazy
you can vote how you want but the outcomes the same
for the times, they are not a-changin'
- Ryan Harvey
10-29-2008 02:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Puchiko Offline
Pariah

Given 15 thank(s) in 11 post(s)
Re: Liberation Day- A Metaphor

I believe it's a metaphor on graduating. The Shooting (shooting) could be on, how you expect freedom after high school, but only get sent on to college or a shitty job, dumped into a world where rights and freedoms are being violated.

Good job Thumbsup

Don't take life so seriously, it isn't permanent.
10-29-2008 03:38 AM
Trar Away
R.I.P.

Given 189 thank(s) in 125 post(s)
Re: Liberation Day- A Metaphor (Please Comment!)

It's like forgetting you have a ton of homework to do after school.
10-31-2008 08:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Youth Liberation League Small Axe 31 11,580 04-13-2017 04:12 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  ASDE News #6, Education Liberation: A message for students oppressed by school xcriteria 3 2,892 04-11-2017 08:44 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Youth Liberation Front Captain_Katiakicz 3 2,067 09-22-2008 01:04 PM
Last Post: Ahab
  Liberation from School Guest 0 1,692 10-28-2004 12:15 PM
Last Post: Guest