RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IRC #School-Survival Rules
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

Given 17 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
IRC #School-Survival Rules

Rules for the official School-Survival IRC->#School-Survival

These rules are clear-cut, their enforcement can be discussed civilly with the one who enforced them.

A.For regular users of the IRC:

1.No spamming
-Attempting to re-post constantly the same lines or scrambles of letters and evading the bot's flood control intentionally to annoy the other users will result in a kick and if you continue into a kick+ban. This also goes for people advertising stuff like websites or offers to make money.

2.Don't start flame wars/flame people without a point
-If you blatantly insult users many times in a row without a point whatsoever(You can throw in a insult or connotations in a debate, that does have a point. Or joking, that does have a point too), for instance;
->[00:00] <User01>:Kitsune u sux
->[00:00] <User01>:fag
->[00:00] <User01>:asshole
->[00:00] <User01>:lololol
->[00:01] <User01>:lulz cunt Kitsune
You will be kicked the first time and if you continue you will get a kick+ban.

3.Repeated trolling
-Trolling to piss people off repeatedly will result in a discussion between the moderators/admins and maybe get you banned. However trolling by itself if you don't always just do that is allowed.

4.No abusive bots
-Do not bring bots to spam/insult users(Your bot AND you will be dealt with as mentionned in rules 1-2), however a bot to play a game is allowed but not more than one(game) at a time on the channel. If there's already a game being played and you want to start another, go on a temporary channel(A non-registered one, since there isn't one open for games.) or a registered channel to do so.

Note: Taint(IRC's bot) kicks if you ask it to do more than 3 commands per 30 seconds(for a game for example) to avoid flooding and bot disconnection.

5.Sexual Stuff
-There's not really rules about sexual stuff apart that we don't want to hear about what you did with your mate last night in details with the whipped cream Cool or you cybering with another user. Take that kind of stuff to #sexytime or a PM

6.Don't impersonate other members
-Impersonating people is not nice and could create conflicts. Since a lot of people got unregistered nicknames, people who are caught impersonating will be kicked.

B.For moderators of the IRC:

Note: By deciding to take the moderator status(if offered) for this channel, you accept to follow the rules set here and that breaking them will ensue a automatic removal of your moderator status.

1.Be neutral
-You do not take sides when making a moderation decision for instance;
->You do not protect your friends from being kicked if they break rules
->You do not kick/ban your foes if they didn't CLEARLY break the rules

2.Don't screw around with your powers
-Moderator powers are granted so the rules can be applied more efficiently, not so you can screw around and kick/ban people as you see fit, because YOU think they are annoying or *insert reason not mentionned*.

3.Do not promote other users
-The point of moderator powers is not to give moderator status to everyone on the channel, the status is not a toy to play with. People get appointed to the moderator status because they are trusted with moderation.

4.Apply the rules mentioned in section A above

-I don't think I need to explain this one.

5.If you have a problem concerning a certain user or something else, contact the admins(Only me actually)

If you have recommendations for the rules you can post them here.
01-05-2009 02:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)
Re: IRC #School-Survival Rules

Gee, Sefam. It's ironic that you call US elitist and complain that we're kicking you off IRC too much, and then you go and create a rule list. Die you fucking hypocrite cunt.
01-05-2009 03:01 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

#School-Survival is for flamboyant homosexuals.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
01-05-2009 03:09 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

I fail to see how this makes him a hypocrite. I appreciate having actual rules laid down beforehand. This keeps the chat clean instead of just people spamming random shit preventing actual conversation from happening or people just coming in and trolling everyone. Also, I've been lurking in chat, and so far I haven't seen anyone LOLKICKED BCUZ IT'S FUNNY yet. We've actually been making a half-assed attempt at conversation.

Fuck you #anti-school, you guys split this community in half.

(Waits for a line of insults from relevant fags.)

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
01-05-2009 03:10 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:Gee, Sefam. It's ironic that you call US elitist and complain that we're kicking you off IRC too much, and then you go and create a rule list. Die you fucking hypocrite cunt.
Darthmat Wrote:#School-Survival is for flamboyant homosexuals.

Fail. Try again.

The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
01-05-2009 03:11 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

WE SHALL DIVIDE THE COMMUNITY INTO DIFFERENT SOCIAL GROUPS TO CREATE CHAOS. WE ARE #ANTISCHOOL. WE ARE YOUR SUPERIOIRS.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
01-05-2009 03:15 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

It's basically oldfags in #anti-school, then a bunch of newfags in #school-survival. 80% of people showing up in #school-survival have never gotten on IRC before. -___-'

01-05-2009 03:16 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

So, uhm :<_<:
I installed mirc, chosen a nickname then

/server irc.rizon.org

in the chatbar?
Fine, I've done that, but I get "Unable to connect to server: time out". And my net works alright :|
And my firewall is turned off, and my antivirus software isn't blocking mirc.

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
01-05-2009 03:29 AM
Quioxte Offline
Pariah

Given 12 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

ummm, I thought we agreed on having no moderators or anyone with ops?
01-05-2009 03:31 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Escapist Wrote:So, uhm :<_<:
I installed mirc, chosen a nickname then

/server irc.rizon.org

in the chatbar?
Fine, I've done that, but I get "Unable to connect to server: time out". And my net works alright :|
And my firewall is turned off, and my antivirus software isn't blocking mirc.

Try irc.rizon.net .

01-05-2009 03:32 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

L Wrote:ummm, I thought we agreed on having no moderators or anyone with ops?

Only Kitsune has it now. lol. He's hardly kicked anyone, so it's fine.

01-05-2009 03:33 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

I'll stay on #anti-school kthxbye.

The only good signature is a dead signature.
01-05-2009 03:54 AM
demonater10 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

This thread undermines the whole idea of of this website.
Your teachers would not be impressed.
01-05-2009 04:09 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

demonater10 Wrote:This thread undermines the whole idea of of this website.
Your teachers would not be impressed.

What is the idea of this site Mr Demonater.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
01-05-2009 04:11 AM
Quioxte Offline
Pariah

Given 12 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

Stratovarius Wrote:

Only Kitsune has it now. lol. He's hardly kicked anyone, so it's fine.

thanks for clearing that up Biggrin
01-05-2009 04:25 AM
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

If you're going to flame, can you please get out? #School-Survival is now the official IRC channel for School-Survival.net and now not responsible for what happens on #anti-school.

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:Gee, Sefam. It's ironic that you call US elitist and complain that we're kicking you off IRC too much, and then you go and create a rule list. Die you fucking hypocrite cunt.

I'm hypocrite because I want a decent channel for SS? #Anti-school lacks of rules against anything(because the mods just don't care) and it's out of control.

We never agreed to anything like that, if I OP anyone they will have to abide to the rules above(Or their powers will be removed, the rules clearly state that kicking for anything not mentionned in the rules is forbidden) and the members will have to say if they are ok or not with that person(In a forum thread). I thought we were aiming for a channel where mods doesn't play kings of the hill all day.
01-05-2009 04:55 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

I AM THE KING OF THE HILL.

01-05-2009 05:35 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

[Image: e1337ist248.jpg]

Also, I love how one person appoints themselves as the admin, and makes their own list of rules and denounces the previous irc. This couldn't possibly lead to abuse, no siree!
01-05-2009 05:36 AM
Hanny Offline
Fanatic

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Who the fuck do you think you are?

I can see exactly why you've done this, but it's BULLSHIT!
Kitsune: OH, NO! I AM BEING HYPOTHETICALLY KICKED BY THREE PEOPLE I HAVE NEVER MET! I'LL JUST MAKE MY OWN FUCKING CHANNEL! SCREW THEM!

Has Soulriser actually approved this?

[Image: 72eoaf.gif]
<Darthmat> I love the taste of meat in my mouth. Cory, I don't know how you live without it.
<Darthmat> "Forbidden meat tastes sweetest."

Penisometer
8======================================================================o
Conclusion: Still a penis.
01-05-2009 05:42 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Hanhan Wrote:Who the fuck do you think you are?

Kitsune: OH, NO! I AM BEING HYPOTHETICALLY KICKED BY THREE PEOPLE I HAVE NEVER MET! I'LL JUST MAKE MY OWN FUCKING CHANNEL! SCREW THEM!

Yes soulriser has approved.

Why the fuck do you think he made a new channel?

Yes screw them.

01-05-2009 05:44 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Quote:Also, I love how one person appoints themselves as the admin, and makes their own list of rules and denounces the previous irc. This couldn't possibly lead to abuse, no siree!

And what if that person is willing to listen to other people if they have a problem with the ways things are being run?

By the way, a list of rules, properly written, makes it harder for abuse to happen because all you have to do is check to see if actions match up with the rules. If pariticipants have a problem with the rules or any actions taken, we can discuss them, and change them. It's better than LOL.KBOWNED.

Quit being a faggot and go back to #anti-school.

This means WHAR guiz.

01-05-2009 05:44 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Also why is it bullshit?
You can still access the original.

01-05-2009 05:47 AM
Hanny Offline
Fanatic

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Look, in my mind, I picture #Anti-School as a warm beach, with lots of pot and alcohol. Everyone has a paint gun, and are shooting eachother harmlessly. Having fun. Some people haven't got a paint gun, but in general they don't care.

#School-Survival is a great big field full of people sitting around a table, and discussing REALLY boring stuff, with Kitsune armed with a rifle at a window.

[Image: 72eoaf.gif]
<Darthmat> I love the taste of meat in my mouth. Cory, I don't know how you live without it.
<Darthmat> "Forbidden meat tastes sweetest."

Penisometer
8======================================================================o
Conclusion: Still a penis.
01-05-2009 05:48 AM
KitsuneSefam Offline
Fanatic

Darthmat-> You're a excuse of an admin

Cosbydaf Wrote:big fucking funny image here

Also, I love how one person appoints themselves as the admin, and makes their own list of rules and denounces the previous irc. This couldn't possibly lead to abuse, no siree!

I admit, i LOL'd hard Laugh and I think Stratovarius is right.

Way to put this into a hyperbole, yes, SoulRiser did actually approve this decision which she made herself and made the changes herself. I didn't haxxor the site. Also nice way you guys have to protest, I really appreciate it;
Quote:[14:42] <+Hanhan> #britfags
[14:42] <+Hanhan> #britfags
[14:42] * Hanhan was kicked by Teacher (Stop flooding!)
Quote:[14:46] <+Fire_Elf> Fail channel is fail
[14:46] <+Fire_Elf> Fail channel is fail
[14:46] * Fire_Elf was kicked by Teacher (Stop flooding!)
[14:47] * Fire_Elf (~chatzilla@Rizon-1F4B01F9.mc.videotron.ca) has joined #School-Survival
[14:47] * Taint sets mode: +v Fire_Elf
[14:47] <+Fire_Elf> Fail channel is fail
[14:47] * Fire_Elf was kicked by Teacher (Stop flooding!)

I think it'd be better if you stopped harming your credibility

Hanhan Wrote:Look, in my mind, I picture #Anti-School as a warm beach, with lots of pot and alcohol. Everyone has a paint gun, and are shooting eachother harmlessly. Having fun. Some people haven't got a paint gun, but in general they don't care.

Shooting each other harmlessly hahahahaha.

In my mind, I picture #Anti-School as the Recycle Bin+Frag Arena.
01-05-2009 05:49 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Hanhan Wrote:Look, in my mind, I picture #Anti-School as a warm beach, with lots of pot and alcohol. Everyone has a paint gun, and are shooting eachother harmlessly. Having fun. Some people haven't got a paint gun, but in general they don't care.

#School-Survival is a great big field full of people sitting around a table, and discussing REALLY boring stuff, with Kitsune armed with a rifle at a window.

And Kitsune will only use that rifle when necessary.

Also you haven't even entered the chat for MORE THAN 5 MINUTES and yet you claim all we do is talk about boring stuff.

01-05-2009 05:50 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Um wtf? It's fucking IRC, anyone can make a new channel just by joining one. You can still access both obviously, you can even been in both at the same time.

lrn2irc

01-05-2009 05:52 AM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

matty555 Wrote:

And Kitsune will only use that rifle when necessary.

Also you haven't even entered the chat for MORE THAN 5 MINUTES and yet you claim all we do is talk about boring stuff.

OH GEE. Same for people with #anti-school who brought up this bullshit to begin with.
01-05-2009 05:55 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

#School-Survival is better than anti-school IMHO. If you like anti-school, go on it, I really could care less.

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
01-05-2009 06:10 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Quote:Has Soulriser actually approved this?
She doesn't want the stress.

01-05-2009 06:10 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Do we really need 5? Lol.

Also, #2 is kinda the same as #3. let's just keep it simple. No obvious trolls.

01-05-2009 07:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  FINALLY! Boyinaband made a video about School Survival. Avatar Korra 38 14,180 06-09-2017 11:54 PM
Last Post: Deleted
  Troll site Kiwi Farms talks School Survival GamerGurl 8 5,092 05-25-2017 11:32 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  School Survival turns 18 today SoulRiser 17 6,043 05-14-2017 06:23 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  School Survival blocked in my school (haha) Duelix3 23 9,857 04-30-2017 02:47 AM
Last Post: Depression101
  LGBTQ+ on School Survival DreamRebel 43 19,897 04-17-2017 07:12 AM
Last Post: DreamRebel
  I offend everyone (School Survival Edition) KFC Nyan Cat 41 13,793 12-24-2016 03:50 AM
Last Post: craxyguy562
  My School Survival account craxyguy562 5 2,510 12-13-2016 02:14 AM
Last Post: craxyguy562
  School Survival Instagram schoolsux 6 3,433 08-10-2015 08:21 AM
  what is your favorite and special website except school survival?let's talk about it raingi 33 13,251 07-30-2015 08:47 AM
  Would you donate money to help maintain and improve School Survival? xcriteria 16 3,853 11-06-2014 03:26 PM