RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. Send me a message if you'd like to keep in touch with me & Steve.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LGBTQ+ on School Survival
StrixDesmodus Offline
Previously Lucky-Feet

Given 113 thank(s) in 77 post(s)

I'm here, I'm queer, and I'm full of cheer, and I'm curious as to who else is.
Specifically, I'm pansexual and genderfluid between female, male, and a non-male masculine gender.
02-23-2017 02:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
Geicosuave Offline
Gay Ass Demon

Given 69 thank(s) in 40 post(s)

Gay demiboy.

well would you look at the time its time to gay
02-23-2017 02:38 PM
 Thanks given by: StrixDesmodus
Dead Offline
Goon

Given 288 thank(s) in 176 post(s)

Transgender guy who honestly thinks most non-binary people are full of shit. I'm into girls but don't have a penis to fuck them with, so there's not really any point, now is there?

I mean really, are either of you going to transition or did you just spend too much time on tumblr and thought it was too boring to be cis?
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2017 02:46 PM by Dead.)
02-23-2017 02:43 PM
vonunov Offline
Badgrr

Given 186 thank(s) in 126 post(s)

Bi leaning gay
02-23-2017 03:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: StrixDesmodus
StrixDesmodus Offline
Previously Lucky-Feet

RE: LGBTQ+ on School Survival

(02-23-2017 02:43 PM)Dead Wrote:  Transgender guy who honestly thinks most non-binary people are full of shit....

I mean really, are either of you going to transition or did you just spend too much time on tumblr and thought it was too boring to be cis?

Ah yeah, getting sudden dysphoria in the middle of TJ Max, being scared of the idea of not being cisgender after you'd been your whole life and wanting the dysphoria to go away but also being afraid such a strong experience would have been just a phase, being harder on yourself than anybody else like you, and being deathly afraid that if you ever come out of the closet you'd be in deep shit is not from spending too much time on tumblr.
02-24-2017 03:32 AM
Dead Offline
Goon

(02-24-2017 03:32 AM)StrixDesmodus Wrote:  
(02-23-2017 02:43 PM)Dead Wrote:  Transgender guy who honestly thinks most non-binary people are full of shit....

Ah yeah, getting sudden dysphoria in the middle of TJ Max, being scared of the idea of not being cisgender after you'd been your whole life and wanting the dysphoria to go away but also being afraid such a strong experience would have been just a phase, being harder on yourself than anybody else like you, and being deathly afraid that if you ever come out of the closet you'd be in deep shit is not from spending too much time on tumblr.

The concept of gender fluidity makes no sense to me. I don't understand how one could randomly "switch" between genders. "Oh, I feel like a girl right now, maybe around lunch time I'll be a boy, then at dinner time I'll just be some random fucking gender instead." That's treating it like a fashion accessory.
02-24-2017 04:02 AM
StrixDesmodus Offline
Previously Lucky-Feet

(02-24-2017 04:02 AM)Dead Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 03:32 AM)StrixDesmodus Wrote:  

The concept of gender fluidity makes no sense to me. I don't understand how one could randomly "switch" between genders. "Oh, I feel like a girl right now, maybe around lunch time I'll be a boy, then at dinner time I'll just be some random fucking gender instead." That's treating it like a fashion accessory.

I don't think about it. It just happens without notice. I don't even entirely know how to explain it.
02-24-2017 04:20 AM
Dead Offline
Goon

(02-24-2017 04:20 AM)StrixDesmodus Wrote:  I don't think about it. It just happens without notice. I don't even entirely know how to explain it.

You don't have to explain anything to me. I just find it hard to take seriously when every person I've met who doesn't identify as male or female is a teenager with a cunt who acts and looks like a girl, goes by some dumb flamboyant name, and acts obnoxiously.
02-24-2017 05:01 AM
sswbm Offline
Revolutionary

Given 192 thank(s) in 120 post(s)

Screw all of that stuff! Gays don't exist, bi's don't exist, pansexuals don't exist, transgenders don't exist, genderfluids don't exist, asexuals don't exist AND HETERO'S DO NOT EXIST EITHER

Again, screw it all. Sexual identity is one of the vaguest and most harmful ideas in society.
Being mutilated at the baby-making parts Yuck
02-24-2017 05:41 AM
Dead Offline
Goon

(02-24-2017 05:41 AM)Jop Wrote:  Screw all of that stuff! Gays don't exist, bi's don't exist, pansexuals don't exist, transgenders don't exist, genderfluids don't exist, asexuals don't exist AND HETERO'S DO NOT EXIST EITHER

Again, screw it all. Sexual identity is one of the vaguest and most harmful ideas in society.

Yeah, this is why I love talking about this stuff. The level of understanding here is astounding. Trannies are yucky.
02-24-2017 05:50 AM
Geicosuave Offline
Gay Ass Demon

(02-24-2017 05:41 AM)Jop Wrote:  Again, screw it all. Sexual identity is one of the vaguest and most harmful ideas in society.

It isn't vague or harmful at all. I don't get why you say this. It isn't harmful, and it's quite specific.
And circumcision has nothing to do with any of this

02-24-2017 05:56 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1979 thank(s) in 1209 post(s)

Asexual, Aromantic, Agender person here. Hi.

Quote:Transgender guy who honestly thinks most non-binary people are full of shit. I'm into girls but don't have a penis to fuck them with, so there's not really any point, now is there?

No need to be a dick about it. I know a lot of people on tumblr are full of shit though, so if that's where you're getting most of your examples from... it's no wonder. Look elsewhere. Razz

I think gender as a concept is confusing, complicated and would rather just opt out entirely. But I wouldn't want to physically modify anything about myself. I'm already pretty androgynous as it is, and I'm quite happy with that.

Quote:Again, screw it all. Sexual identity is one of the vaguest and most harmful ideas in society.
It is pretty confusing, I'll give you that. I only even figured mine out last year, until that point I just kind of assumed I was straight just because I figured out long ago that I wasn't gay.

How is it harmful though? I've found it helpful to discover that there are actually concepts that describe how I feel reasonably well.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
02-24-2017 05:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: no , StrixDesmodus
Dead Offline
Goon

I mean, this is Jop we're talking about here. He thinks that anything "unnatural" is evil.

And yeah, I know I'm a dick. I wouldn't give a shit about what other people do if I was allowed to do what I want to do, but I'm not, so I'm in a shitty mood all the time.
02-24-2017 06:06 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser , Username , no
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:The concept of gender fluidity makes no sense to me. I don't understand how one could randomly "switch" between genders.
The concept of people identifying strongly with either male or female as their gender identity makes no sense to me. I used to think it was all because of gender roles that society 'enforces' on people, but was surprised to learn that it's apparently an innate thing that most people have... which I do not. Live and learn, I guess. But, just because I don't understand it, doesn't mean I'm going to deny that it's possible for people to actually experience it.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
02-24-2017 06:08 AM
 Thanks given by: StrixDesmodus , no , Night
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:And yeah, I know I'm a dick. I wouldn't give a shit about what other people do if I was allowed to do what I want to do, but I'm not, so I'm in a shitty mood all the time.
Fair enough. Hug

Please try not to take it out on people here, though.

Hidden stuff:
02-24-2017 06:10 AM
 Thanks given by: no
sswbm Offline
Revolutionary

(02-24-2017 05:56 AM)Geicosuave Wrote:  It isn't vague or harmful at all. I don't get why you say this. It isn't harmful, and it's quite specific.
And circumcision has nothing to do with any of this

Circumcision? Do you know what they often do to those "transgender" people? Much, much worse...

(02-24-2017 05:50 AM)Dead Wrote:  The level of understanding here is astounding. Trannies are yucky.

Victims aren't yucky, what has been done to them is.

(02-24-2017 06:06 AM)Dead Wrote:  I mean, this is Jop we're talking about here. He thinks that anything "unnatural" is evil.

What? Huh No, I think hurting people is evil. Having your baby-making parts cut off hurts a lot.
02-24-2017 07:55 AM
Dead Offline
Goon

If you don't want a sex change then don't get one. It shouldn't be a concern of yours what people do with their own bodies.
02-24-2017 08:06 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser , StrixDesmodus , no , vonunov
Geicosuave Offline
Gay Ass Demon

Yeah, and a transition is 1. Consensual and done because the person wanted to
2. Doesn't always involve surgery
3. They get new private parts
4. Anaesthetics

02-24-2017 09:25 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser , StrixDesmodus
StrixDesmodus Offline
Previously Lucky-Feet

But damn, have I openened a can of worms, haven't I?
02-24-2017 01:22 PM
Shurpeh Offline
Rebel

Given 17 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

I'm bi but generally prefer guys :s
02-24-2017 01:42 PM
 Thanks given by: StrixDesmodus , vonunov , Avatar Korra
Geicosuave Offline
Gay Ass Demon

(02-24-2017 01:22 PM)StrixDesmodus Wrote:  But damn, have I openened a can of worms, haven't I?

In what way?

02-24-2017 01:52 PM
sswbm Offline
Revolutionary

(02-24-2017 09:25 AM)Geicosuave Wrote:  1. Consensual and done because the person wanted to

Same goes for suicide...

(02-24-2017 09:25 AM)Geicosuave Wrote:  2. Doesn't always involve surgery

Of course, I said "often"

(02-24-2017 09:25 AM)Geicosuave Wrote:  3. They get new private parts

No they don't. That's exactly what makes it inexcusable (otherwise the damage would be temporary). They are fake non-functional parts that are not capable of making a baby.

For example, this is what implant "testicles" look like:

[Image: Polytech-Testicular-Implants-big-cropped-300x300.png]

Sick. Testicles are supposed to produce sperm. What do these little silicone blobs do? Nothing. Anybody who dares to implant these in someone is evil.

(02-24-2017 09:25 AM)Geicosuave Wrote:  4. Anaesthetics

Still hurts just as much, you just can't feel it anymore.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2017 10:40 PM by sswbm.)
02-24-2017 06:59 PM
Dead Offline
Goon

1. Not all people have genitals that allow them to procreate.

2. If transitioning were to be made illegal, a lot of transgender people would simply kill themselves.
02-24-2017 09:39 PM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser , StrixDesmodus , Avatar Korra
sswbm Offline
Revolutionary

(02-24-2017 09:39 PM)Dead Wrote:  1. Not all people have genitals that allow them to procreate.

Not all people have noses that allow them to smell.
Does that mean it's okay to surgically remove someone's ability to smell?

(02-24-2017 09:39 PM)Dead Wrote:  2. If transitioning were to be made illegal, a lot of transgender people would simply kill themselves.

True Sad
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2017 11:26 PM by sswbm.)
02-24-2017 10:01 PM
no Offline
True Scotsman

Given 474 thank(s) in 299 post(s)

I'm probably some flavor of asexual. I still can't be sure, because I have no good way of separating sex itself from the ideas and rules people have surrounded it with, and I'm not really sure which of the two is the real source of disgust.

Gender is stupid and we should burn it down.

I'm sure Jop will find some way to call me Hitler from this.

(02-24-2017 06:59 PM)Jop Wrote:  Sick. Testicles are supposed to produce sperm. What do these do? Nothing. Anybody who dares to implant these in someone is evil.

Sick. Schools are supposed to produce complacent drones. What do these do? Educate people. Anyone who dares to build these in a city is evil.

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

People are allowed to change their views.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
02-24-2017 10:03 PM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser , StrixDesmodus , The man
sswbm Offline
Revolutionary

(02-24-2017 10:03 PM)no Wrote:  I'm sure Jop will find some way to call me Hitler from this.

(02-24-2017 06:59 PM)Jop Wrote:  Sick. Testicles are supposed to produce sperm. What do these do? Nothing. Anybody who dares to implant these in someone is evil.

Sick. Schools are supposed to produce complacent drones. What do these do? Educate people. Anyone who dares to build these in a city is evil.

I have no idea what you're trying to convey
02-24-2017 10:24 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:No they don't. That's exactly what makes it inexcusable (otherwise the damage would be temporary). They are fake non-functional parts that are not capable of making a baby.
Oh noes, the horror! Unable to make babies! Because this planet clearly doesn't have enough humans already!

Quote:Anybody who dares to implant these in someone is evil.
Even if it makes the person happy? Making people happier is evil? Okay then.

Quote:I have no idea what you're trying to convey
Probably the ridiculousness of your original statement.

Quote:But damn, have I openened a can of worms, haven't I?
Nah, maybe a can of implants though... Razz

Hidden stuff:
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2017 11:05 PM by SoulRiser.)
02-24-2017 11:04 PM
 Thanks given by: Avatar Korra , The man , StrixDesmodus
Username Offline
Drunkard

Given 228 thank(s) in 166 post(s)

This thread is so fucking gay.
02-25-2017 01:38 AM
 Thanks given by: Gwedin , no , the Analogist
sswbm Offline
Revolutionary

(02-24-2017 11:04 PM)SoulRiser Wrote:  
Quote:No they don't. That's exactly what makes it inexcusable (otherwise the damage would be temporary). They are fake non-functional parts that are not capable of making a baby.
Oh noes, the horror! Unable to make babies! Because this planet clearly doesn't have enough humans already!

You can consider baby-making to be pointless, but that's what these parts are for. What's the point of an implanted "organ" that actually does nothing?

There are also people who cut themselves because they think it makes them happy. Doesn't mean it actually makes them happy; in reality all it brings is lots of physical pain.
02-25-2017 03:42 AM
StrixDesmodus Offline
Previously Lucky-Feet

(02-25-2017 03:42 AM)Jop Wrote:  

You can consider baby-making to be pointless, but that's what these parts are for. What's the point of an implanted "organ" that actually does nothing?

There are also people who cut themselves because they think it makes them happy. Doesn't mean it actually makes them happy; in reality all it brings is lots of physical pain.

There's a huge ass difference between satisfying an emotional need and an unhealthy addiction.... I'm just going to make a new paragraph about self harm because it's complex as fuck.

First off, loads of people who self harm are also ashamed of it. Second, self harm doesn't solve the problem, but transitioning does. Thirdly, self harm is an addiction; It's used in place of things that cause happiness and demands more and more use but plenty of trans people are happy with their transition. ET CETERA.

But seriously, I'm wondering if I should have even made this thread now.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2017 04:43 AM by StrixDesmodus.)
02-25-2017 04:42 AM
 Thanks given by: Dead , Avatar Korra , SoulRiser

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  FINALLY! Boyinaband made a video about School Survival. Avatar Korra 38 1,424 06-09-2017 11:54 PM
Last Post: Benjavaz
  Troll site Kiwi Farms talks School Survival GamerGurl 8 934 05-25-2017 11:32 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  School Survival turns 18 today SoulRiser 17 1,277 05-14-2017 06:23 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  School Survival blocked in my school (haha) Duelix3 24 2,780 04-30-2017 02:47 AM
Last Post: Depression101
  I offend everyone (School Survival Edition) KFC Nyan Cat 41 4,701 12-24-2016 03:50 AM
Last Post: craxyguy562
  My School Survival account craxyguy562 5 553 12-13-2016 02:14 AM
Last Post: craxyguy562
  School Survival Instagram schoolsux 6 1,136 08-10-2015 08:21 AM
  what is your favorite and special website except school survival?let's talk about it raingi 33 3,867 07-30-2015 08:47 AM
  Would you donate money to help maintain and improve School Survival? xcriteria 16 1,507 11-06-2014 03:26 PM
  School Survival is Back! GamerGurl 13 2,160 08-19-2014 01:26 PM
Last Post: Ky