RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't you hate?
Krieg Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Don't you hate?

Don't you hate the super try hard kid in class who reminds your teacher of homework and tests and also spends every waking hour doing homework and assignments to his best. The teachers all compare everyone's to his and you get a worse mark, "If he can do it so can you".

Continue this by posting something you hate. (Note: Doesn't have to be school related)

"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."
— Joseph Stalin

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
— Winston Churchill

"Better to fight for something than live for nothing."
— General George S. Patton

"Whoever stands by a just cause cannot possibly be called a terrorist."
— Yassar Arafat

"A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on."
— John F. Kennedy

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing."
— Edmund Burke

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
— Napoleon Bonaparte
10-27-2011 10:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
RE: Don't you hate?

(10-27-2011 10:10 AM)Krieg Wrote:  Don't you hate the super try hard kid in class who reminds your teacher of homework and tests and also spends every waking hour doing homework and assignments to his best. The teachers all compare everyone's to his and you get a worse mark, "If he can do it so can you".

Continue this by posting something you hate. (Note: Doesn't have to be school related)

We call them teachers pet and I more so pity him then hate em.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
10-27-2011 10:12 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

-Don't you hate those loud, obnoxious kids who snap at you when you tell them to be quiet?

-Don't you hate the kids who seriously aren't funny, but try to showoff at every minute?

-Don't you hate those teachers who nag people to do their work every second?

Previously known as Derchin.
10-27-2011 10:27 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

(10-27-2011 10:27 AM)Derchin Wrote:  -Don't you hate those loud, obnoxious kids who snap at you when you tell them to be quiet?

-Don't you hate the kids who seriously aren't funny, but try to showoff at every minute?

-Don't you hate those teachers who nag people to do their work every second?

Attention whore, Class clown and Strict teacher.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
10-27-2011 10:52 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

[Image: 5008_9c00_420.gif?1265669754]

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
10-27-2011 11:12 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

(10-27-2011 10:10 AM)Krieg Wrote:  Don't you hate the super try hard kid in class who reminds your teacher of homework and tests and also spends every waking hour doing homework and assignments to his best. The teachers all compare everyone's to his and you get a worse mark, "If he can do it so can you".

I was that kid in middle school.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
10-27-2011 11:22 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

I hate kids who dob other kids in for doing some wrong, no matter how small it is...or kids who suck up to teachers.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
10-27-2011 02:48 PM
RandomTroll Offline
They see me trollin', they hatin'.

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

Don't give a fuck about em', seriously, until they fuck up something eg. remind teacher about homework, when I haven't done any. The I have a little "talk" with them, and they are quite for some time. Yes I am a cruel person, haters gonna hate.
10-28-2011 04:35 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

(10-27-2011 02:48 PM)Efs Wrote:  I hate kids who dob other kids in for doing some wrong, no matter how small it is...or kids who suck up to teachers.

Homophobic bullying, genuine racism, telling someone repeatedly to kill themselves, sexual assault...

Really? I mean, I would have gone straight to the teacher when I was attending a private school if I didn't think they'd just take a hand in the homophobia as well.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
10-28-2011 06:53 AM
anti-school person Offline
Defiant

- Don't you hate snobby narcissistic bitches who judge you on if your clothes are expensive or you have the latest designer label?
- Don't you hate the loud people in school who just want attention?
- Don't you hate it when u fuckin finally finished school you have to go home and do around 4 hours of homework?!?(where's the free-time Im not in school anymore)
- Don't you hate school bullies?
- Don't you hate it when your asked for an essay more than three times during a week in school?
- Don't you hate noisy people in school who want to know ur fuckin bussiness and then tell everyone?
- Don't you hate a bad teacher who deserves to get fired?
-Don't you hate going to school only to discover you had wasted ur time because all they do is make you read from a book, answer questions and memorize things?
- Don't you hate that people in school and educators have the notion that those who score A's are "intelligent", when they just have really good studying skills or just may be smart?
11-09-2011 11:03 AM
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

-I hate when people preach how good education is for you when they haven't even had a real education.
-When people force you to go to school and drag you into the car.
-When people say to deal with things that should be easily fixable.
-When people ask you "Shouldn't you be in school?" when you are taking a day off.
-Myself.
-That I have to go to school even if I'm sick.
-Adults that get mad at kids for getting a B.
-TV news.
-Junk food like twinkies. IMHO carrots taste better.
-People that "hate" video games when they never tried one and only seen GTA on the news. (See above Grindteeth)
-People that are way too serious about everything that they bombard you with things you should "improve" on.
-People that judge way too much. (seriously, some people will get pissed at some sad kid who was staring at the ground cause he was sad, and the person was really angry because he did that, like WTF!)
-Control freaks that control everyone for to be just how they like them.
-People who care about manners too much. (OMG you forgot to asked to be excused from the table. And why are you eating that french fry in one bite? Such bad manners WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) It was a mcdonalds french fry like WTF!?
-School p®ep rallys (Cause only preps and kids that are on the footbal team or whatever actually act like they care.)
-School lunch where a crappy slice of pizza costs $2 when I can get 8 slices of good pizza for 5 bucks at little caesers.
-When school cafeteria makes all the food too hot and you have to wait until lucnh is almost over in order to not burn yourself. Or when they make the burritos and they;re still half frozen.
-disney channel and disney movies post 2001 except for Pixar.
-Cartoon network post 2007
-Nickelodeon post 2005 except Icarly lol
-Fatal Diseases
-Canned chili (eww)
-Green onions (eww)
-Corn bread (EWW)
-Store bought hot dogs (EWWWWWWWWW!)
-Every person that has cut my hair the past two times, they ruined my hair beyond repair.
-Sore throats
11-09-2011 06:54 PM
Horrid Dreamer Offline
Raw fish person

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

-school uniforms
-homophobes
-teachers who forget that they don't live in the 60s (we actually had a substitute once that said exactly this: "you children should do nothing else but work. You should have no time to do anything but work.")
-when the teacher punishes the whole class because a few students were fucking around
-when people who get average-bad marks are instantly regarded as stupid and lazy, and people who get good marks are regarded as brilliant and amazing. (I've experienced these both) Regardless, of course, of the dissonance between exam marks and intelligence. Lack of effort is still a valid criticism, although authority figures rarely try to understand why kids don't put effort in.
-exams, especially really pointless ones like the school certificate
-When someone gets bullied because they have a mental/social problem, leads into my next hatred:
-When people reject you because you're friends with a really nice person who has a few problems, and is thus picked on by most of the ignorant jerkoffs that stalk the intellectual wasteland.

Is adult entertainment killing our children? or is killing our children entertaining our adults?
-Marilyn Manson
11-09-2011 11:23 PM
KillSwitch Offline
Defiant

Dont you hate that ex Marine from 9th grade that went off on you because your mech pencil ran out of lead, then proceeded to make a long speech about how you wouldnt go to war without ammo. Then you pull a SIR NO SIR! It was just like 68 in nam! charlie was coming from all sides and I fired my last mag SIR! And you were suspended for that?

Dont you hate how your homeschooled about to graduate and shit about getting a degree is still being preached?

Just my .02 cents

*ARMED*0.o
11-10-2011 03:43 AM
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

(11-10-2011 03:43 AM)KillSwitch Wrote:  Dont you hate that ex Marine from 9th grade that went off on you because your mech pencil ran out of lead, then proceeded to make a long speech about how you wouldnt go to war without ammo. Then you pull a SIR NO SIR! It was just like 68 in nam! charlie was coming from all sides and I fired my last mag SIR! And you were suspended for that?

Dont you hate how your homeschooled about to graduate and shit about getting a degree is still being preached?

Just my .02 cents

This doesn't make sense, .02 cents would be $0.0002 which is impossible.
11-10-2011 07:27 AM
KillSwitch Offline
Defiant

What if you grind up a penny and add up the powder?

*ARMED*0.o
11-10-2011 01:56 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

I hate when people tell me that smoking is bad for me. No shit, sherlock.
I hate when teachers wake me up when I'm trying to sleep. I wouldn't have to sleep if I didn't have to wake up at 5 AM every morning.
I hate how most of you have already taken the things that I hate.
I forgot to add, I HATE people that take themselves or their job too seriously. Like really, take the stick out of your ass!
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2011 07:23 AM by Stadium.)
11-15-2011 07:19 AM
gyarados Offline
Dreamer

Trust me, you hate it more when your "friend" is that kid and you are smart, but don't do any of your work. They don't know my grades. I pass my tests, but screw hw. I'm sick of high school, and am afraid one day they will find out I got a D. I am sick, I use to be too shy to say anything to remind the teacher even though it would have scored me points, and now I don't do shit. I hate:
  • Being forced to do things.
  • Never being cool to those dumbasses because I'm not comfortable.
  • Those old friends who outgrew me.
  • The new friends who don't give a damn about me.
  • High school.
  • That I am a junior and still feel like I don't fit in.
11-15-2011 02:11 PM
Story and Myth Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Don't you hate how the schools have not only turned us against all adultkind, but also each other? (I.e., band geeks don't like jocks or cheerleaders, who don't associate with chess club.)
Don't you hate how no one seems to be able to agree on anything?
Don't you hate how we as a species are the most overpopulated on Earth and no one seems to think we need some predators? Seriously, when there were too many deer in Yellowstone they brought back the wolves...
Don't you hate how much people hate, and have no justification whatsoever?

"I have been allotted months of futility,
and nights of misery have been assigned to me.
When I lie down I think, ‘How long before I get up?’
The night drags on, and I toss and turn until dawn." Job 7:3-4

Both of my parents are teachers. My body is bound, but my mind is free.
11-15-2011 02:11 PM
gyarados Offline
Dreamer

How no one in this thread is really listening to one another, or at least replying... go ahead, call me a troll.
11-15-2011 02:22 PM