RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think of this quote?
Asder Miller Offline
Banned

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
What do you think of this quote?

"If there is no discipline, there is anarchy. Good citizenship demands attention to responsibilities as well as rights."
Joe Clark

Based on this movie
05-19-2011 09:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)
Re: What do you think of this quote?

Asder Miller Wrote:"If there is no discipline, there is anarchy. Good citizenship demands attention to responsibilities as well as rights."
Joe Clark

Based on this movie

Subservience sucks balls. Biggrin

Previously known as Derchin.
05-19-2011 09:52 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Seen that movie.
it was based of a true story that didn't even follow it in any way what so ever.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
05-19-2011 10:08 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Asder Miller Wrote:"If there is no discipline, there is anarchy.
Quote:Discipline: The practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience.
Herp, and derp, that's kind of the point of discipline.

Quote:Good citizenship demands attention to responsibilities as well as rights." - Joe Clark

First of all, that quote isn't even original. He didn't come up with the notion that responsibilities are as important as rights. That notion has been around for centuries.

Second of all, what the fuck is "good citizenship"? Fuck being a "good citizen"... I'd rather be my goddamn self, and not an element of the government.

Third of all, and most importantly, SCHOOL SHOULD NOT BE A FUCKING RESPONSIBILITY! The ONLY responsibilities we have to our government is to pay our obligatory taxes and avoid breaking laws. We should not have a responsibility to do anything but those two things... Therefore, in the context this guy is using the quote, which is school, he is fucking wrong. Outside of school, sure, he's right, but he probably assumes a lot of things are our obligations to the government, instead of the two simple things I outlined above.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
05-19-2011 11:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Absentinsomniac Wrote:Third of all, and most importantly, SCHOOL SHOULD NOT BE A FUCKING RESPONSIBILITY! The ONLY responsibilities we have to our government is to pay our obligatory taxes and avoid breaking laws. We should not have a responsibility to do anything but those two things... Therefore, in the context this guy is using the quote, which is school, he is fucking wrong. Outside of school, sure, he's right, but he probably assumes a lot of things are our obligations to the government, instead of the two simple things I outlined above.

Trust me the main character is just an uppity nigger who yells alot and uses a loud speaker to make kids do what he wants them to do.

I was hoping he would die.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
05-19-2011 11:30 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

Absentinsomniac Wrote:Third of all, and most importantly, SCHOOL SHOULD NOT BE A FUCKING RESPONSIBILITY! The ONLY responsibilities we have to our government is to pay our obligatory taxes and avoid breaking laws. We should not have a responsibility to do anything but those two things... Therefore, in the context this guy is using the quote, which is school, he is fucking wrong. Outside of school, sure, he's right, but he probably assumes a lot of things are our obligations to the government, instead of the two simple things I outlined above.
What is responsibility? A forced burden. It takes away our freedom of choice by forcing us into bondage. There's a word for that, you know..."Slavery."

We don't owe any government any-thing.

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
05-19-2011 11:54 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Absentinsomniac Wrote:The ONLY responsibilities we have to our government is to pay our obligatory taxes and avoid breaking laws. We should not have a responsibility to do anything but those two things... Therefore, in the context this guy is using the quote, which is school, he is fucking wrong. Outside of school, sure, he's right, but he probably assumes a lot of things are our obligations to the government, instead of the two simple things I outlined above.
What about taxes on things we think are fucked up (school, war), and laws that are clearly wrong? (Truancy, software piracy, herp derp...)?

[Image: glorious666.png]
05-19-2011 11:59 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Bullshit movie they made us watch in th 7th grade.
Also, anarchy is great!

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

[Image: 2010-10-04-lost-my-appetite.jpg]
05-19-2011 12:04 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Sociopath Wrote:What is responsibility? A forced burden. It takes away our freedom of choice by forcing us into bondage. There's a word for that, you know..."Slavery."

We don't owe any government any-thing.

Fucking this.

05-19-2011 12:23 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

I'm not advocating government taxes, or laws. I'm just stating the facts. We are, under threat of punishment, required to pay taxes and obey the law. Therefore they are our "responsibilities".

Blog I post to now:

05-19-2011 02:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

BUT SCHOOL IS THE LAW
Just like a lot of other fucking stupid laws.
It's as justified about as much as taxes and laws. Maybe not as much, but meh.

[Image: glorious666.png]
05-19-2011 03:09 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Absentinsomniac Wrote:I'm not advocating government taxes, or laws. I'm just stating the facts. We are, under threat of punishment, required to pay taxes and obey the law. Therefore they are our "responsibilities".
None of us asked for any of it. Its not our responsibility. Its coercive ability.

05-20-2011 12:11 AM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Given 16 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Ohmygod you guiz the government knowz whats best for us. Lawz keep us safe, lol. Omg guiyz I can't believe you don't know that.

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
05-20-2011 01:00 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Lunatic Wrote:BUT SCHOOL IS THE LAW
Just like a lot of other fucking stupid laws.
It's as justified about as much as taxes and laws. Maybe not as much, but meh.

Good point.

I still think school should not be classified a "responsibility" we have to the state though. There's a difference between not robbing someone, and not going to school for 8 hours a day.

Blog I post to now:

05-20-2011 05:37 AM
Trekkie_Aspie Offline
Fanatic

Given 120 thank(s) in 87 post(s)
RE: What do you think of this quote?

Yeh...there's a difference between useful discipline and arbitrary discipline.

If I seem rude to you, please call me on it gently.
One thing (among many others) school couldn't teach you.

((Google Asperger's Syndrome))

stupid article
01-31-2013 11:54 PM