RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Omg Impossible Assignment
The Apathy Offline
Pariah

Given 6 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
Omg Impossible Assignment

Guess what, I have to find a child 6 months -18 months old, watch it and write my term paper on what I observed.

This is a human growth and development class so Im suppose to ask the mother to play/feed/interact with the baby while I write stuff down.
Along with ask the mother to give me hieght/wieght type details

Oh and also I can't let the child see me or I'll ruin the "naturalness" of the situation.

Man being 16 in College is damn wierd!

Who am I? That is irrelevant.
What am I here for? That will become apparent.
You can call me Apathy!
10-16-2008 08:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Puchiko Offline
Pariah

Given 15 thank(s) in 11 post(s)
Re: Omg Impossible Assignment

What is your major and where are you studying? Since college is something you get to choose, I'd just transfer/drop out if you don't like it.

Regarding this particular assignment, you might want to talk to your professor if you find the task to be unaccomplishable. Again, college is not high school, and the professor shouldn't just wave you off.

I don't see what the big deal is though-just ask one of your relatives/acquaintances who's parenting a child that age, and see if you can work out together where's you'll "hide" (with younger children, just "blending in" might do the job).

Edit: The topic has been moved to Homework Help because it belongs there more.

Don't take life so seriously, it isn't permanent.
10-16-2008 11:27 PM
The Apathy Offline
Pariah

Given 6 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Ok... Rolleyes

Since no one I know has kids I'll have make one myself. Tell me where the sexy ladies are at! ;D

Who am I? That is irrelevant.
What am I here for? That will become apparent.
You can call me Apathy!
10-17-2008 12:21 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Funny, tell your professor that's an unfair assignment as not everyone has the ways and means to do it,

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
02-03-2009 03:15 PM
aerftghyjk Offline
Fanatic

Given 17 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

The closest thing to this is:

Well, there's this really, REALLY beautiful loli in my school. I'm 17 and she is in 5th grade, so she's 11. Her name is Stella. Well, I've dreamed about having sex with her numerous times, but one evening changed it all... Our moms know each other so I was supposed to babysit her cause her mom had to work late one night. So I go over to her house and we start watching TV. Well, its 9.30 pm already and I tell her to go to sleep. She answers 'I don't want to, I wanna stay and watch cartoons with you.' I thought about it and I said 'okay, but only until 10pm and don't tell your mom' she was happy and said okay. We watched cartoons a little and she asked if she could rest her head in my lap. I was like uh, okay. Well she puts her head in my lap, rubs her head around accidentally cause she was looking for a comfortable position and I feel to get this raging boner. I couldn't hold it back so I quickly suggested that maybe she'd want a pillow under her head and that my legs are starting to hurt. She said 'okay' and I put the pillow under her head. I was so relieved. Well, the clock hits 10pm and I order her to sleep, she stands up and takes the pillow from my legs and she sees my boner, I tried to hide it as quick as I could, but I was wearing trainers so it stood out pretty clearly. She asked 'whats that?' and I didn't know what to say.. after about 5 seconds of quick thinking I for some reason said 'It's a boner', I instantly regretted it. She now asked me if she could see it. I was so freaking nervous, finally i decided to use the chance and had my pants off faster than you could say Candlejack. Stella asked if she cou
01-16-2010 11:26 AM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

God damnit MM.

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
01-16-2010 11:29 AM
Thade Offline
Fanatic

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

O.o Great you scared me and an 11 year old for life. I could tell his story got cut off too.

Someone dear to me once said "We are the light." But, if that's true, then why am I still searching?
01-16-2010 11:58 AM
aerftghyjk Offline
Fanatic

Thade6596 Wrote:I could tell his story got cut off too.

LEARN MEMES.
01-16-2010 12:17 PM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Yeah, or MM could stop bumping threads for little reason.

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
01-16-2010 12:18 PM
aerftghyjk Offline
Fanatic

I have BIG reason.
01-16-2010 12:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Can anyone help me with my Shakespeare assignment? Reptorian 3 3,976 01-10-2014 05:42 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  Need help finding articles for my legal assignment Psychoqueen 1 2,340 03-22-2011 12:05 PM
Last Post: thatstrangerapperkid