School Survival Forums
Enough is enough, it's time to protest - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Enough is enough, it's time to protest (/showthread.php?tid=3357)

Enough is enough, it's time to protest - Psychoqueen - 08-11-2010 07:59 PM

Today, the teachers started confiscating scarfs, because they were black instead of Navy. Yesterday, they were examing our socks to make sure they were neither too long nor too short. At every assembly, we are lectured on our uniform and how we need to maintain a good reputation for uniform within the community.I am so sick of hearing about the uniform; this school cares more about the uniform than actually caring about teaching us something that might be beneficial.

I've said this to 'friends' and they agreed with me. However when I mentioned the idea of protesting against it, they simply laughed and treated it as a joke. Seeing that it is a group of the super smart, grades-are-everything-and-getting-a-detention-is-a-death-sentance type people, I can't say that I was surprised at the response. But...I do want to make my thoughts known, even if that does mean getting a measly detention. I've been bending the rules for years, but I think that it's time I actually did something other than whine and complain.

Now all I have to do is think of a good way of protesting. And trying not to feel like crap when my parents act so disappointed in me.

Re: Enough is enough, it's time to protest - AWOL - 08-11-2010 08:55 PM

Tell me when, where and what to bring.

Re: Enough is enough, it's time to protest - Leon Kinotolian - 08-12-2010 03:03 AM

AWOL Wrote:Tell me when, where and what to bring.

Re: Enough is enough, it's time to protest - Efs - 08-16-2010 11:07 PM

Leon Kinotolian Wrote:

Re: Enough is enough, it's time to protest - Absnt - 08-17-2010 06:59 PM

What you should probably work on is spreading information about how you are being treated unfairly, and other info that you can get on this site. Try to get the majority of the students to dislike the school, and knowledge that they are being treated like shit. Make it a students vs. staff kind of deal. Try to start a movement.

Re: Enough is enough, it's time to protest - Joey93 - 08-18-2010 05:23 PM

Get the people who actually have the balls to protest to start with, then get them to encourage others. Sadly, society is still primitive psychologically most of the time. You get a group, you influence people 1 by 1. Maybe even by groups, if you're lucky. You eventually build up your protest group and you execute your plan. A lot easier said than done, of course Razz

Re: Enough is enough, it's time to protest - Psychoqueen - 08-18-2010 08:01 PM

Absentinsomniac & Joey93; You're both right, of course.
I think the problem is that most of the people I know are scared to speak up, because of what teachers and parents might do, and how it may affect their future. Maybe I need to show them that this isn't the only option.

Re: Enough is enough, it's time to protest - Absnt - 08-18-2010 09:36 PM

Psychoqueen Wrote:Absentinsomniac & Joey93; You're both right, of course.
I think the problem is that most of the people I know are scared to speak up, because of what teachers and parents might do, and how it may affect their future. Maybe I need to show them that this isn't the only option.

The problem I always ran into was myself. It takes a lot to get over what your parents think, or what your peers might think, and just fucking do it. People will see it your way, just try to be convincing I guess.

Re: Enough is enough, it's time to protest - Thade - 08-18-2010 11:02 PM

Efstratios Wrote:
Leon Kinotolian Wrote:

Re: Enough is enough, it's time to protest - The Desert Fox - 08-19-2010 04:33 AM

What Absent said. If you can get even just a few people to help you pass out flyers, tape stuff to the walls, etc than the job of doing so will be five times easier.

Re: Enough is enough, it's time to protest - Joey93 - 08-19-2010 09:02 PM

Psychoqueen Wrote:Absentinsomniac & Joey93; You're both right, of course.

Well, they might be at first... but there are the ones that are more easily persuaded. It's really a ton of work when it's broken down. It's not easy at all. But let's review how people work in America. Most studies will show you that only about 10% of Americans are "true" leaders. Meaning, they'll do something even though no one else is. Basically, 10% of people are original and do what they want. Sadly, this is true. If a group of people are going to beat the shit out of someone.. Let's say.. 3 Vs. 1 - If you take out the person that's talking, 90% of the time, you're not going to have anymore issues. That's the persuader, the leader, the one with the mouth. The other two are just their little bitch's. Soo, you may have to start something after trying to persuade people, alone. They may deny it at first completely. But once they see YOU doing it.. All it takes is one or two people to follow that movement. It's human psychology for people to be "copy cats". When more people are doing it, they feel more secure doing it themselves. Good luck! I hope everything turns out for the best Biggrin