RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enough is enough, it's time to protest
Psychoqueen Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Enough is enough, it's time to protest

Today, the teachers started confiscating scarfs, because they were black instead of Navy. Yesterday, they were examing our socks to make sure they were neither too long nor too short. At every assembly, we are lectured on our uniform and how we need to maintain a good reputation for uniform within the community.I am so sick of hearing about the uniform; this school cares more about the uniform than actually caring about teaching us something that might be beneficial.

I've said this to 'friends' and they agreed with me. However when I mentioned the idea of protesting against it, they simply laughed and treated it as a joke. Seeing that it is a group of the super smart, grades-are-everything-and-getting-a-detention-is-a-death-sentance type people, I can't say that I was surprised at the response. But...I do want to make my thoughts known, even if that does mean getting a measly detention. I've been bending the rules for years, but I think that it's time I actually did something other than whine and complain.

Now all I have to do is think of a good way of protesting. And trying not to feel like crap when my parents act so disappointed in me.
08-11-2010 07:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)
Re: Enough is enough, it's time to protest

Tell me when, where and what to bring.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
08-11-2010 08:55 PM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

AWOL Wrote:Tell me when, where and what to bring.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
08-12-2010 03:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

Leon Kinotolian Wrote:

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
08-16-2010 11:07 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

What you should probably work on is spreading information about how you are being treated unfairly, and other info that you can get on this site. Try to get the majority of the students to dislike the school, and knowledge that they are being treated like shit. Make it a students vs. staff kind of deal. Try to start a movement.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
08-17-2010 06:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Joey93 Offline
Rebel

Get the people who actually have the balls to protest to start with, then get them to encourage others. Sadly, society is still primitive psychologically most of the time. You get a group, you influence people 1 by 1. Maybe even by groups, if you're lucky. You eventually build up your protest group and you execute your plan. A lot easier said than done, of course Razz
08-18-2010 05:23 PM
Psychoqueen Offline
Revolutionary

Absentinsomniac & Joey93; You're both right, of course.
I think the problem is that most of the people I know are scared to speak up, because of what teachers and parents might do, and how it may affect their future. Maybe I need to show them that this isn't the only option.
08-18-2010 08:01 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Psychoqueen Wrote:Absentinsomniac & Joey93; You're both right, of course.
I think the problem is that most of the people I know are scared to speak up, because of what teachers and parents might do, and how it may affect their future. Maybe I need to show them that this isn't the only option.

The problem I always ran into was myself. It takes a lot to get over what your parents think, or what your peers might think, and just fucking do it. People will see it your way, just try to be convincing I guess.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
08-18-2010 09:36 PM
Thade Offline
Fanatic

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Efstratios Wrote:
Leon Kinotolian Wrote:

Someone dear to me once said "We are the light." But, if that's true, then why am I still searching?
08-18-2010 11:02 PM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

What Absent said. If you can get even just a few people to help you pass out flyers, tape stuff to the walls, etc than the job of doing so will be five times easier.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
08-19-2010 04:33 AM
Joey93 Offline
Rebel

Psychoqueen Wrote:Absentinsomniac & Joey93; You're both right, of course.

Well, they might be at first... but there are the ones that are more easily persuaded. It's really a ton of work when it's broken down. It's not easy at all. But let's review how people work in America. Most studies will show you that only about 10% of Americans are "true" leaders. Meaning, they'll do something even though no one else is. Basically, 10% of people are original and do what they want. Sadly, this is true. If a group of people are going to beat the shit out of someone.. Let's say.. 3 Vs. 1 - If you take out the person that's talking, 90% of the time, you're not going to have anymore issues. That's the persuader, the leader, the one with the mouth. The other two are just their little bitch's. Soo, you may have to start something after trying to persuade people, alone. They may deny it at first completely. But once they see YOU doing it.. All it takes is one or two people to follow that movement. It's human psychology for people to be "copy cats". When more people are doing it, they feel more secure doing it themselves. Good luck! I hope everything turns out for the best Biggrin
08-19-2010 09:02 PM