RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why are kids and teens so stupid?
Quicksilver Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Re: Why are kids and teens so stupid?

This thread....makes me feel so relieved. I feel like i'm the only intelligent person in my school. 80% (Not exaggerating sadly) of all all the kids are like what's been described here. I'm sixteen and I'm female and I don't fit in with most people because One)I'm not a cell-phone toting, make-up slathering, skimpy clothes wearing whore (thank god) and Two) I intemidate them with my big words.

[Rant] I know i act a little severe sometimes, but i can't help it. For years (I'm a junior in high school to give you an idea of how many years) I've been mocked for generally being intelligent. Jerky guys love to walk up to me and try to make me look stupid. Generally one of those "Have you ever heard of *fill in the blank*" and then when you answer they make a perferted joke. NOT cool or attractive at all. And when i get so fed up i react like an ice-queen. And i don't like giving off a bitchy vibe! But i get so tired of all the shit!

I get so tired of guys (often jocks or gangstas) treating me in demening ways. They run into me in the hall, effectivly knocking my books out of my hands or knocking me into lockers (i'm 5' 8", kind of tall for a girl, but these guys i really big) and instead of "sorry" I get a "watch were you're goin' niggar/bitch."

Just a week ago in class i handed out scissors to the class and we only had a few to hand out (stupid buget cuts.) Well, i tried to ask a guy in the back corner (you know the corner where all the assholes in class congregate?) "Do you sit over there (there as in front of the class)? If so, there are all ready scissors on that desk." (Because he was suppose to sit in the front seat but wasn't). Well this guy totally freaked out for no reason. He starts yelling "No bitch! i don't sit in no fucking front!" And I'm just like WTF?! I was just trying to be polite and make sure everyone had goddamn scissors!

My teacher got on to him, but all it was was a verbal scolding! What? No punishment for the jock? Am i so despendable that you'll let those people talk down to me RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU even though your a teacher who is "supposidly" suppose to be educate us and be a role model? Way to go, I'm "really" inspired. Noo

Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."--Albert Einstein

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."--Albert Einstein

Reading leads to knowledge, and knowledge leads to power, and power leads to world domination! So read and you'll control the world!

We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakes, On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.--Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy
09-07-2009 03:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why are kids and teens so stupid? - MM - 03-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Re: Why are kids and teens so stupid? - MM - 04-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Re: Why are kids and teens so stupid? - Quicksilver - 09-07-2009 03:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kids/Teens don't matter KitsuneSefam 8 4,368 01-02-2017 05:10 PM
Last Post: Geicosuave
  a book for teens by former teens Desu 34 13,812 06-07-2013 09:10 PM
Last Post: xcriteria
  Is it any suprise adults think teens are stupid? aaaaaaasd 52 10,124 01-26-2010 11:58 PM
Last Post: Ceiling Cat