RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nazis suck
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)
Nazis suck

Got to skip school today. An 89 year old woman who survived the Holocaust was giving a lecture at the college where my mom works. She's been doing it for the last 25 years, but she probably won't be around much longer so I wanted to see it at least once. Seemed a bit more important than high school.
That was one of the most fucking intense things I've ever seen. She had obviously had a lot of practice and could talk about some horrific things calmly, even making jokes sometimes, but she's still got to be stronger than the whole audience combined to have survived something like that. We see the numbers and think oh, that's horrible, 6 million people, then we just forget about it as soon as the test is over. Some of the stuff she said was unbelievable. Nazi fuckers would line them all up and pick people out of line to be sent off to the labs for medical experiments, and later they'd find bodies with organs removed, limbs cut off, injections in their eyes, etc. If anyone annoyed the guards, they'd punch them in the eye to mark them with a bruise. Later, after a few days of terror in which many of the marked ones comitted suicide, they were pulled out of line and hanged. It's like people see the Holocaust as so evil that it's stopped being real in their minds. This was not something you forget easily.
One particularly memorable story she told was about her time at a "transition camp" where prisoners were sent to be trained as slaves. They'd have to do repetitive, useless things like moving a pile of rocks back and forth from one location to another, because slaves are not supposed to use logic, they're just supposed to obey. She said that the definition of a slave is someone who, when hearing a fellow prisoner getting beaten in the night, doesn't hate the attacker and instead hates the victim for screaming and keeping everyone else awake. Later, when she and thousands of others were put to work in a munitions factory, they began sabotaging anti-aircraft shells, which has got to take more balls than any of us will probably ever have.
Over and over again, she kept saying that the worst thing they ever did was think "it can't happen to us."

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
05-19-2009 06:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
Re: Nazis suck

well most of that stuff i knew they did. yea nazis do suck though. but with messing with the anti-aircraft shells. i would, all that they do to you. you would want to get them back any way you could.

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
05-19-2009 06:36 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Yeah I had a teacher who is very into the holocaust and in turn got me into it with his form of teaching and I even went to his holocaust class he had as a elective and learned a whole lot.

Man we think people can't be that cruel but I know better now.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
05-19-2009 07:07 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

the best jew holocaust book i read was knight. anne frank is famous cause its more of a dairy and it wasnt written after it. it was written dureing it.

and you could not be aryan and get away all you really needed was to look general german or have something about you that made you look german.

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

05-19-2009 09:15 AM
Fuckthesystem Offline
Revolutionary

Given 11 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Yeah. All I can say is...terrible.

A holocaust COULD happen at ANYTIME. Remember what the lady said. The worst thing they all thought was "It could never happen to us."

[Image: fuckthesystem.jpg]

"The seeds of oppression, will one day bear the fruit of rebellion."

-Anonymous

Also, I just realized I spelled "bear" wrong in my sig. I changed it, but, how disgraceful...

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... 550073.jpg
05-19-2009 09:16 AM
S. Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

One death is a tragedy, but a million deaths is a statistic. Our minds can grasp 10 people dieing, we imagine an empty schoolroom, we can imagine 100 dieing, we imagine everyone on our street, but we cannot fathom what it is like to lose 6,000,000 people, we don't know that many people, most of us have not seen that many people. Because of this, the emotions of the number dont strike us, but what does is the words, the emotions of the stories and the people with them. I once saw a Holocaust survivor, I was 11 at the time, don't remember much, it was very mellowed down throughout the presentation, lots of children were there. But what I do remember from it, was raw emotion, the feeling of hatred was what drove it in my skull, seeing a grown man cry, telling a story for the 100th time was intense.

We can never know how to fight something like this, our kind does not know how, but what we can do, is try to prevent ever having to fight it.
Never Forget.

Evolving.Legend@gmail.com < My MSN, Contact me if you wish to discuss, debate or just talk, open to anyone, friend foe, and spambot.
05-19-2009 09:45 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

classclown Wrote:the best jew holocaust book i read was knight. anne frank is famous cause its more of a dairy and it wasnt written after it. it was written dureing it.
Yeah, Night was a great book. Not easily forgotten. There are excerpts from it on the walls of the Holocaust Museum in DC.

Quote:We can never know how to fight something like this, our kind does not know how, but what we can do, is try to prevent ever having to fight it.
Never Forget.
Thing is, we did forget.
[Image: genocide-in-rwanda-skulls.jpg]

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
05-19-2009 09:53 AM
S. Offline
Renegade

Darfur, You called out America's greatest blind spot.

Evolving.Legend@gmail.com < My MSN, Contact me if you wish to discuss, debate or just talk, open to anyone, friend foe, and spambot.
05-19-2009 09:40 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

Rebelnerd Wrote:
classclown Wrote:the best jew holocaust book i read was knight. anne frank is famous cause its more of a dairy and it wasnt written after it. it was written dureing it.
Yeah, Night was a great book. Not easily forgotten. There are excerpts from it on the walls of the Holocaust Museum in DC.

We had to read Night last year. It was horrific, horrible. I can't imagine anyone living through it and still being sane, much less writing a book.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
05-23-2009 06:44 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

What happened in Darfur? how is the U.S. involved in it?

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
05-23-2009 07:02 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

ok i get it nao

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
05-23-2009 07:46 AM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)

Excellent post..

A second Holocaust could happen any point in time. It wouldn't even have to be to Nazis/Jews. It could be Whites/Blacks, Christians/Muslims, Or anything! Today's society is so corrupt and full of hate it could happen at any time. The things done by the Nazi's were unspeakable for most, and it could all repeat.

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
05-23-2009 07:52 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

i know plenty of white people who wouldnt mind the white/ black one

-weeds-

05-23-2009 07:53 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

there have been times when blacks wanted world domination and killed thousands of white ppl, remember the Black Panthers?

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
05-23-2009 07:55 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

what you saying remember for they still around. heck some where at polls for the election. saying vote for obama or else

-weeds-

05-23-2009 07:59 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

TrueAnarchist Wrote:there have been times when blacks wanted world domination and killed thousands of white ppl, remember the Black Panthers?
They didn't kill "thousands" of anyone and they didn't want world domination. They just wanted to organize the black community and some of them took it too far. The Weathermen were the ones who wanted guerilla warfare to be an official policy, and many panthers objected to that and called it "chauvinistic, Custeristic" tactics.
There have been black supremacist groups thought, violent ones too. But just because of their numbers they're less of a threat than the white ones.

05-23-2009 08:42 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

Pieman Wrote:Excellent post..

A second Holocaust could happen any point in time. It wouldn't even have to be to Nazis/Jews. It could be Whites/Blacks, Christians/Muslims, Or anything! Today's society is so corrupt and full of hate it could happen at any time. The things done by the Nazi's were unspeakable for most, and it could all repeat.
look up bro. I learned about the genocide in africa at around 13 and as rebelnerd said it had been going on for a while before hand and it is STILL happening. I find it quite pathetic that america has the audacity to fuck around in iraq for oil under the false pretense of "bringing freedom to the iraqi people" and simply turning a blind eye on all the killing and genocide going on in africa.
what we need to do is stay the fuck out of other peoples business and help the people that ACTUALLY NEED HELP but I suppose that would just make to much sense.
05-24-2009 01:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
the forgotten Offline
Pariah

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Fuck Darfur. They have it good compared to Somalia, the Somali people especially those from the city of Mogadishu are living in a war zone, but there is no war. War is all there is, five year olds protecting mothers sisters, younger brothers. The child soldiers do not follow a revolutionary leader, they follow their stomachs. It is the worlds WORST human rights disaster, and that's where anarchy got us, now we need it to stabilize itself, with your help preferably.

Dance, when you're broken up.
Dance, if you've torn the bandage off.
Dance in the middle of the fighting.
Dance in your blood.
Dance, when you're perfectly free.
-- rumi --
05-24-2009 01:08 AM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)

thought criminal Wrote:

look up bro. I learned about the genocide in africa at around 13 and as rebelnerd said it had been going on for a while before hand and it is STILL happening. I find it quite pathetic that america has the audacity to fuck around in iraq for oil under the false pretense of "bringing freedom to the iraqi people" and simply turning a blind eye on all the killing and genocide going on in africa.
what we need to do is stay the fuck out of other peoples business and help the people that ACTUALLY NEED HELP but I suppose that would just make to much sense.

Exactly. Nothing can make sense to Americans. Nobody cares about preventing a second holocaust or stopping genocides. Only taking oil from Iraq to get richer to bring them so called " freedom "

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
05-24-2009 01:49 AM
Slaughter Offline
Rebel

I hate how people villify the nazis but no one remembers of a bunch of much-worse racists:

The British.

They fucked up a lot of people's lives. They made the nazis look like White Trash, a bunch of punks who would thrown stones and then run away thinking themselves as gangsta. Sri Lanka and all those Tutsi vs Hutus wars are good examples.

I know the holocaust is a tragedy, but I don't like how Jews drawn so much sympathy from it, as if they were the only ones who were killed. Slavs and Gypsies never get any sympathy from the holocaust.
07-02-2009 03:37 AM
chaos2525 Offline
Revolutionary

Slaughter Wrote:I hate how people villify the nazis but no one remembers of a bunch of much-worse racists:

The British.

They fucked up a lot of people's lives. They made the nazis look like White Trash, a bunch of punks who would thrown stones and then run away thinking themselves as gangsta. Sri Lanka and all those Tutsi vs Hutus wars are good examples.

I know the holocaust is a tragedy, but I don't like how Jews drawn so much sympathy from it, as if they were the only ones who were killed. Slavs and Gypsies never get any sympathy from the holocaust.
i agree the british ruled by country for 200 years and i still hate them worse they r than anyone i wish we slaughtred all of them back in 1857,1905,1914,1940
07-02-2009 03:58 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

Rebelnerd Wrote:Got to skip school today. An 89 year old woman who survived the Holocaust was giving a lecture at the college where my mom works. She's been doing it for the last 25 years, but she probably won't be around much longer so I wanted to see it at least once. Seemed a bit more important than high school.
That was one of the most fucking intense things I've ever seen. She had obviously had a lot of practice and could talk about some horrific things calmly, even making jokes sometimes, but she's still got to be stronger than the whole audience combined to have survived something like that. We see the numbers and think oh, that's horrible, 6 million people, then we just forget about it as soon as the test is over. Some of the stuff she said was unbelievable. Nazi fuckers would line them all up and pick people out of line to be sent off to the labs for medical experiments, and later they'd find bodies with organs removed, limbs cut off, injections in their eyes, etc. If anyone annoyed the guards, they'd punch them in the eye to mark them with a bruise. Later, after a few days of terror in which many of the marked ones comitted suicide, they were pulled out of line and hanged. It's like people see the Holocaust as so evil that it's stopped being real in their minds. This was not something you forget easily.
One particularly memorable story she told was about her time at a "transition camp" where prisoners were sent to be trained as slaves. They'd have to do repetitive, useless things like moving a pile of rocks back and forth from one location to another, because slaves are not supposed to use logic, they're just supposed to obey. She said that the definition of a slave is someone who, when hearing a fellow prisoner getting beaten in the night, doesn't hate the attacker and instead hates the victim for screaming and keeping everyone else awake. Later, when she and thousands of others were put to work in a munitions factory, they began sabotaging anti-aircraft shells, which has got to take more balls than any of us will probably ever have.
Over and over again, she kept saying that the worst thing they ever did was think "it can't happen to us."

An old lady who was a Holocaust survivor spoke at our middle school once. Considering that their arn't many survivors left and that she spoke of similar things, there is a good chance I saw the same lady as you did. And, yea, she was pretty epic.

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
07-02-2009 06:35 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Pieman Wrote:Exactly. Nothing can make sense to Americans. Nobody cares about preventing a second holocaust or stopping genocides. Only taking oil from Iraq to get richer to bring them so called " freedom "

I remember someone saying that if there were oil fields in Darfur we would be over there liberating them in a second.

07-02-2009 06:36 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

chaos2525 Wrote:i agree the british ruled by country for 200 years and i still hate them worse they r than anyone i wish we slaughtred all of them back in 1857,1905,1914,1940
Yeah, the Brits got off easy because they held off Hitler for so long. But they had their fair share of oppression and racism too. Hell, they were on the verge of committing their own campaign of genocide until Parliament decided that an Irishman wasn't worth the cost of a bullet. Much easier to just starve them and keep them so dirt-poor that they're too busy scrounging for food to rebel.

07-02-2009 06:49 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

TrueAnarchist Wrote:What happened in Darfur? how is the U.S. involved in it?

I don't blame you for this. See, the media in America finds the time to devote three days of coverage Mr. Jackson (As the British Foreign Secretary said, "CNN has become MTV") but rarely if ever covers either Darfur or Somalia.

07-02-2009 02:40 PM
chaos2525 Offline
Revolutionary

Rebelnerd Wrote:
chaos2525 Wrote:i agree the british ruled by country for 200 years and i still hate them worse they r than anyone i wish we slaughtred all of them back in 1857,1905,1914,1940
Yeah, the Brits got off easy because they held off Hitler for so long. But they had their fair share of oppression and racism too. Hell, they were on the verge of committing their own campaign of genocide until Parliament decided that an Irishman wasn't worth the cost of a bullet. Much easier to just starve them and keep them so dirt-poor that they're too busy scrounging for food to rebel.
if we werent non violent we should have slaughtered all of them
07-03-2009 12:57 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Well, I don't think genocide is justified in any situation. But the Brits definitely deserved what the got from the American colonists, the IRA (back when they weren't bombing civilians), and Gandhi. Although Gandhi wasn't really the type to blow up Parliament...

07-03-2009 07:15 AM
chaos2525 Offline
Revolutionary

Rebelnerd Wrote:Well, I don't think genocide is justified in any situation. But the Brits definitely deserved what the got from the American colonists, the IRA (back when they weren't bombing civilians), and Gandhi. Although Gandhi wasn't really the type to blow up Parliament...
but bhagat was inqualab zindabaad long live revolution down fall
imperialism
07-03-2009 08:03 AM
Mr. T Offline
Rebel

Pieman Wrote:
thought criminal Wrote:

Exactly. Nothing can make sense to Americans. Nobody cares about preventing a second holocaust or stopping genocides. Only taking oil from Iraq to get richer to bring them so called " freedom "

Excuse the fact that Im logged on as Mr. T

The whole iraq war is a bunch of fucking bull shit. The great irony is that one bushed addressed the russian invasion of georgia he said. "You just can't go into other countries and try to install your own beliefs" While your having your war brining "Freedom" To Iraq by killing off the population and triggering more conflict and rebellion by your military presence. And not only darfur look what happened to Rwanda. I have seen pictures of 4 foot high stacks of bodies along the roads with more being dumped there with front loaders.
08-18-2009 04:20 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

the forgotten Wrote:Fuck Darfur. They have it good compared to Somalia, the Somali people especially those from the city of Mogadishu are living in a war zone, but there is no war. War is all there is, five year olds protecting mothers sisters, younger brothers. The child soldiers do not follow a revolutionary leader, they follow their stomachs. It is the worlds WORST human rights disaster, and that's where anarchy got us, now we need it to stabilize itself, with your help preferably.
You can't put that on Anarchy, they have low supplies of food there, its the land, not the ppl

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
09-14-2009 12:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Nazis...seriously. MorikoMisa 54 6,753 01-14-2010 01:45 AM
Last Post: Alucard483