RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
get off your ass and take the world into your hands.
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
get off your ass and take the world into your hands.

(was not sure where to put this, this forum seemed to fit the bill, along with voices in your head, but I don't want advice, im here to give it)

When I look at my fellow classmates, my friends, and their futures, I see the smartest and most capable people who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see fucking wasted lives. God damn it people, look at your selves. you wasted 13 years of your life so you could spend the rest of your life wasting it more. We have been condemned to become slaves with white collars trapped in tiny cubicles. We've all been raised by our educators to believe that one day, buying into their bullshit will pay off. We'd all be millionaires, have a perfect family, and live a good life. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, VERY pissed off.

Now, our parents see us as having no purpose or place, just like them, and their parents before them. But thats NOT how its going to be, because we have the power to collapse the school system. We have the power, and Im sure as hell am going to use it. We have the power, and Im sure as hell not going to let MY children, and my children's children; go through the same hell we had to because we never had the sacks to stand up and fight. WE have the power, and WE are not going to stand back and let them bully us into their fucked up idea of a "perfect" citizen!

Now, more than ever, we need to work together to bring down this blight on the world, because alone... all we will be is another stub put into a history book. Is that what you really want? to be shoved down the throats of the futures children? didn't think so.

When I look around these forums I see people bitching and complaining about how shitty schools made their lives, thinking that this will contribute to the cause. its not. Instead of bitching and complaining about how shitty school has made your life, return the favor to the schools, get off your ass, and start writing a thread about how you will get back at them. organize protests, tell everyone about your plans to upset school. some of you are doing your part... others need to get their ass in gear. Its time to take action, and I need all of you to do it with me

(call me a hypocrite if you want, but I have several written up plans for starting school unions and changing things in my district, that will be up here soon)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
06-30-2009 04:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Prankster813
whistlingwings Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Re: get off your ass and take the world into your hands.

Yeah, it's a new generation, isn't it? (Yes I'm part of it, I'm 21, don't think I mentioned my age yet)
06-30-2009 04:38 PM
Zstriker Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

I'm all for raising up, but unions hurt free-market society. I have a few skills to offer, the first is my quick wit, the second is my sense of humor, the third is my generally-useless trivia-bank of knowledge, fourth is my steady aim with rifles and speed/stability with shotguns, and last is my blind-as-a-bat luck. How may I help? I work for cookies, money, and weapons.

*Insert awesome signature here*
Goingcrazy
"You can fight with only 2 things, your wits and your weapons."-Zach Eckard
Soldier1-"Remember the Alamo!"
Soldier2-"Didn't everyone die at the Alamo?"
Soldier1-"Don't remember that part!"
06-30-2009 06:39 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

I've given up trying this online, so good luck. Click on the links in my sig to see our ancient attempts on fighting the school system and starting an information revolution
06-30-2009 10:41 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:When I look at my fellow classmates, my friends, and their futures, I see the smartest and most capable people who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see fucking wasted lives. God damn it people, look at your selves. you wasted 13 years of your life so you could spend the rest of your life wasting it more. We have been condemned to become slaves with white collars trapped in tiny cubicles. We've all been raised by our educators to believe that one day, buying into their bullshit will pay off. We'd all be millionaires, have a perfect family, and live a good life. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, VERY pissed off.
^ This paragraph is awesome.

The rest doesn't really fit with the title, though. "get off your ass and take the world into your hands."
Your hands. Not the government's. Not the school board. Don't go and beg/threaten them to change the schools. Ignore the schools. Live your life the way you want regardless of what anyone else tells you to do. And encourage everyone around you to do the same. Just set a good example, if people like what you're doing, they'll do the same. If they're too scared (most will be), they won't. But maybe, just maybe, looking at you will give someone else the courage to do the same thing.

I'm not saying you shouldn't still spread the word though. But don't let your entire plan rely on getting someone else to do something. If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
07-01-2009 04:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Quote:The rest doesn't really fit with the title, though. "get off your ass and take the world into your hands."
Your hands. Not the government's. Not the school board. Don't go and beg/threaten them to change the schools. Ignore the schools. Live your life the way you want regardless of what anyone else tells you to do. And encourage everyone around you to do the same. Just set a good example, if people like what you're doing, they'll do the same. If they're too scared (most will be), they won't. But maybe, just maybe, looking at you will give someone else the courage to do the same thing.

by "your" hands I meant stop waiting for other people to do it and do it yourself. as much as I would LOVE to just ignore school, I cant do that anymore. Ignoring a problem wont make it go away, now more so than ever, because the schools are getting better at brainwashing and sucking people in every day, and I have to sit back and watch as my friends get gobbled up by this monster. no one else will ignore with me, because school has their tight fist around them. I will not wait any longer, we have to act now.

but psychopath, I see your point. Im yelling with no one around to listen. maybe when I post my ideas on how I am leading my school to change their ways others will be more obliged to join the effort. Sad fact about humans: conformity is a natural instinct. if no one else is rebelling its hard for anyone else to.

btw...
Quote:unions hurt free-market society
uhhh... student unions hurt school. their is nothing "free market-y" about public schooling.

07-01-2009 07:28 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

Nothing wrong with hurting a free-market society either...

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
07-01-2009 12:35 PM
childishpet Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I agree that you cannot solve a problem just by ignoring it...you should try your best to change what you and many others believe is wrong or unjust. But I also believe that we are all responsible for our own actions and therefore our predicaments. So, we should not blame others for our problems, instead we should solve it ourselves and take control of our lives.
07-01-2009 01:57 PM
Zstriker Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Well, if we are going for complete fairness then free-market is what we are looking for, the ability to choose who does what work for us based on whatever criteria we think are applicable. As a whole, capitalism has its issues, as all economic forms do, but consistency helps, darn it! Personally I prefer familial grouping to the country-to-state-to-county-to-city setup.

*Insert awesome signature here*
Goingcrazy
"You can fight with only 2 things, your wits and your weapons."-Zach Eckard
Soldier1-"Remember the Alamo!"
Soldier2-"Didn't everyone die at the Alamo?"
Soldier1-"Don't remember that part!"
07-01-2009 02:05 PM
aerftghyjk Offline
Fanatic

Given 17 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

I've been waiting for a thread like this Smile

Quote:I've given up trying this online, so good luck. Click on the links in my sig to see our ancient attempts on fighting the school system and starting an information revolution

I think it should be done both online and off line. Organizing small groups in your area and then having them online would probably help.
07-02-2009 02:08 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

It's a great idea, but it won't work, because most people are too complacent and stupid to do anything, if they even realize what that there is a problem.

How do you think it got so bad to begin with?
07-02-2009 10:19 PM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Quote:It's a great idea, but it won't work, because most people are too complacent and stupid to do anything, if they even realize what that there is a problem

you know, I think there are so many people who say that now that if all of them actually tried, they would get it done. but they wont. because "no one else will" Noo

not only that, but YOU are aware of the problem, and your not doing anything right now are you? are YOU complacent and stupid? I sure hope not.

what do I have to do to get people to work at this?

07-03-2009 01:22 AM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

Then what is it that you plan to do?
07-03-2009 01:46 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

http://www.school-survival.net/forums/vi...=1&t=15747

for those of you who wanted to know what I was working on while I was bitching.

well psychopath, had a few things in mind...

but first priority is motivating you all to do it.

What I have dreamed up is strings of protest in schools popping up all over the world, coordinated and organized to all happen on one day. this would likely get media attention. you see, the media is a weapon. a VERY powerful one at that. if the world knows about our efforts here, we can get more support. imagine, you turn on the news. "organized protests of schooling have popped up all over the world yesterday, carried out by the student themselves. it is believed that these protests are being coordinated by members of a website named "school survival" who are working to eliminate many of the educational methods used by schools"

I get a high just thinking about it. Do you know how many other kids would want to resist schooling if they find out there are others out there to help them? It would take less than a minute of air time, and then we can turn the world against public schooling. It would be beautiful, thousands of members join in one day. we could make our dreams a reality! but we have a long way to go, first we need to do smaller scale things, to prove we can work together. but we need to wait for summer to end first. then we can crank in the ideas, members, protest, ect. it sounds like an impossible task, but if we work hard enough at it WILL work, i promise. we can do this, but before we can run we need to learn how to walk.

07-03-2009 03:47 AM
aerftghyjk Offline
Fanatic

Given 17 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

I agree completely. It is not going to be easy, but it is very possible.
07-03-2009 05:51 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Quote:you know, I think there are so many people who say that now that if all of them actually tried, they would get it done. but they wont. because "no one else will" Noo

But that's just it. You have no way of knowing for sure.

Quote:not only that, but YOU are aware of the problem, and your not doing anything right now are you? are YOU complacent and stupid? I sure hope not.

And what would you suggest that I do?

From what I've witnessed during my time at school, there are few people who really share my hatred of the system. Most people just don't seem to care that their lives are being wasted, or they just believe what their parents tell them about how important it is and all that crap.

Quote:what do I have to do to get people to work at this?

That's a very good question. What exactly are you going to do to make your dream a reality? Let's start with something small - the school you go to. Are you going to try to convince every student there that school is pointless?

I'm no psychic, but what would probably happen is:

* Getting in trouble

* Being ridiculed

* Being ignored

Granted, there's still a chance of success. But you don't seem to be thinking this through.
07-07-2009 05:00 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Trust me I have been thinking it through, and I do have a plan. you know what they say, you never know until you try. I am starting with thinking small, and I am getting my school first.

I dont give a shit if I get in trouble.
I dont give a shit if Im ridiculed.
I DONT GIVE A SHIT if Im ignored.

but I do give a shit about everyone I care about throwing their lives away to a useless cause. Im not going to sit back and watch. Im not going to turn my head and let them suffer. and I sure as hell am not going to give up.

07-08-2009 02:10 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

Cosbydaf Wrote:And what would you suggest that I do?

The best way to lead is through example. So with that in mind, I would suggest you practice what you preach here on this site.

Prove to your family and friends and your peers at school that institutions are not vehicles of success, but self reliance, integrety and the willingness to truly learn.
07-08-2009 11:56 PM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Quote:Trust me I have been thinking it through, and I do have a plan. you know what they say, you never know until you try. I am starting with thinking small, and I am getting my school first.

So what is your plan?

Quote:I dont give a shit if I get in trouble.
I dont give a shit if Im ridiculed.
I DONT GIVE A SHIT if Im ignored.

I didn't think that you would. My point was that making a big fuss probably won't do any good.

Quote:but I do give a shit about everyone I care about throwing their lives away to a useless cause. Im not going to sit back and watch. Im not going to turn my head and let them suffer. and I sure as hell am not going to give up.

Well, that's certainly respectable that you want to help other people. But what options are there?
07-09-2009 12:15 AM
Cosbydaf Offline
Fanatic

Quote:The best way to lead is through example. So with that in mind, I would suggest you practice what you preach here on this site.

Prove to your family and friends and your peers at school that institutions are not vehicles of success, but self reliance, integrety and the willingness to truly learn.

I do that. I've been doing that for most of my life.

Whenever I talk about it with adults, mainly teachers, it always ends with some manner of "Yeah, the school system sucks and it's pointless, but I had to grow up with it and so do you."

Until you turn 18, there isn't a whole lot you can do in America. You're essentially a prisoner in the school system unless you drop out, and they couldn't care less what your problems are with their system.

I think that the adults, particularly parents are the ones with the power to actually do something. What I don't get is that so many parents are content to waste their child's lives in an obviously flawed system just because it's what they had to do.

So I do practice what I preach. What's difficult is getting someone to listen, let alone do anything about it. The students who know there's a problem can't do anything about it, and the adults who know there's a problem won't do anything about it.
07-09-2009 12:31 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

y'know...if you use school buses to get to/from school, getting into detention can be good, because they have to pay the bus drivers extra money to wait for you. Biggrin

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
07-09-2009 12:35 AM
paulhudd Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

The problem is noone will do anything.Hell,i tried and got sent away.Only if everyone tried what would they do then,send us all away.School breaks your morale to the point you just dont care anymore,wich is how i feel.I just hate my life wasting away in a building.

Btw i noticed you quoted from fight club Razz

Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself.
07-13-2009 05:50 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

Cosbydaf Wrote:Until you turn 18, there isn't a whole lot you can do in America. You're essentially a prisoner in the school system unless you drop out, and they couldn't care less what your problems are with their system.

You're only a prisoner in the most physical sense. Mentally however you're free. In fact, it could be argued that you're more free than your peers, because you see the system for what it is instead of what it presents itself to be. And despite the fact that you're forced to attend, you still have a great deal of physical freedom that many real prisoners don't have.

Let me put it this way: The law says you have to go to school. It doesn't say anything about doing any work or graduating. The moment you walk into school you've completed your legal obligation, and you cannot be forced under threat of criminal action to do anything more.

The school can try to make you work. They can detain you, suspend you, call your parents, send you to alternative or SPED. But at the end of the day, they can't physically make you pick up a pencil and take notes. They can't make you participate in class. You do that on your own free will.

So with that said, there is still alot you can do before you're 18. Inaction is still a form of action, and for an underage student, it's the perfect way to stick it to the school.
07-14-2009 01:12 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  School bans children from putting up their hands in class - and tells pupils to do... Reptorian 19 10,044 01-13-2012 06:06 AM
Last Post: Android