RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Truancy Bullshit
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)
Truancy Bullshit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYQQazug ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpR2G65i ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ilvFCoE ... re=related
What the FUUCK!!!? Where's all the fucking freedom? Parents get sent to jail now if they allow sons/daughters to have one day of freedom? Ugh... I really want to run out of here.
This shit is driving me insane...
Fucking "Freedom and Justice for all".

[Image: glorious666.png]
11-10-2009 04:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
username01462781 Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
Re: Truancy Bullshit

It's fucking fucked, that's how fucked up it is.
11-10-2009 05:39 PM
screwTHEschool Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

What the fuck ?!?! Wtf Wtf ARRESTED ?! Wow, what a shitty system ? Poop GRRR...SCREW FORCED EDUCATION!! *MIDDLE FINGER*
11-11-2009 01:02 AM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Fascism is taking over, the world welcomes it.

DAMN FASCISTS!!!!!!!!!!!

//

[Image: techhoops5.jpg]
11-11-2009 09:11 AM
aerftghyjk Offline
Fanatic

Given 17 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

Mad

Rage.

Thankfully some people in the comments have some sense.
11-11-2009 11:13 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

There will always be these types of people in the world, just have to accept it. That don't mean I hate them. I like how they almost always link truancy with bullying and such. I wish they would actually take into consideration that we actually DO NOT WANT to go. God I'm getting in an anti school mood.I don't know why but every once in a few weeks I feel the need to absolutely rage about school and how crap it is and tear every single argument apart on some sort of forum. Then I'l go out and spray some anti school websites somewhere.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
11-12-2009 08:37 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Ignite Wrote:I don't know why but every once in a few weeks I feel the need to absolutely rage about school and...
I know why. Because it sucks.

[Image: glorious666.png]
11-12-2009 09:20 AM
JW791 Offline
Rebel

Truancy was always a big issue at my high school. It usually wasn't so bad on the underclassmen, but every year about a quarter of the Juniors and Seniors would end up getting called in for it. Usually it ended up in a meeting (where they take time to threaten you with fines, losing your job/license, putting your parents in jail) ,but some of us were unlucky and ended up going to court and getting fined and threatened some more. I ended up getting a $200 fine my junior year. The best part of it was, I was on their honor roll with like a 3.5 GPA when I missed at least once a week and left early/came in late a lot of the time I showed up. I ended up dropping out later that year though, no one is going to force me to be miserable every day and tell me if I don't do as they say they'll lock my mom up in a prison. I ended up having the truancy officer(I don't know if that's the correct term) administer my GED as well. This sort of got off topic, but, yeah, truancy is such bullshit.
11-23-2009 04:36 PM
School Sucks Offline
Rebel

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

This guy owns.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFxZWdw5BCs
11-24-2009 12:37 PM
paulhudd Offline
Revolutionary

Im sorry for bumping this but it just pisses me off.

How does not going to school effect everyone.I cant even think of anything to say.It should be obviously wrong.How for has this society fallen.

If they threatened my mom id get pissed of and say it has nothing to do with her.And if you dont sign a contract you get put away.That seems fair

Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself.
02-10-2010 09:00 PM
aerftghyjk Offline
Fanatic

Given 17 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ilvFCoE ... re=related

1:10-1:32

"School is like the 2nd home for the child"

None

They also said they will figure out why it is not working for the child.
Figure out why it is not working? You don't. You always blame something, parents, the child him/herself, etc, but you NEVER question school's way of operating. You never even bother to think about how forcing kids into a hellhole causes all these problems.

Ranting
02-10-2010 11:29 PM
AMomentOfClarity Offline
Renegade

Sleep School is fucking pathetic. All that is really happening is that your spoon feeding mediocrity which inevitably will be forgotten and will be pushed deep down into the dark abyss of your brain in years to come. The sole concept of school seems to be that were going to school to be examined on things that will have a minimal amount of impact on your occupation or any sort of aspect of your life in general, how is this meant to help us?

I blame the corrupted school system on the fact that truanting within the UK is on the increase; Firstly were not learning anything that is actually going to have a significant impact on our lives or occupation. Secondly my two cents is that teachers don't give a shit about bullying, I've been bullied a severe amount of times in my life by little bastardizations one time I put on a brave front and told my teachers I was bullied by peers in my class in year 8 I asked whether I was allowed to be moved up a class (I was perfectly ready my grades were what I was consider as back then quite good) however the mother fucking old faggot I have as a head of year was surrounded in a metaphorical aura of apathy and replied with "We don't move people up for that reason." After he said that it felt like my soul had been massacred as it showed how apathetic my teachers can really be ironically he is still my head of year.

Thirdly the true uselessness of teachers there are many teachers in my school some outweigh each other in professionalism however I have to be stuck with some of the most futile human beings out there, such as my French teacher she puts a lot of pressure on us for learning vocabulary she tells us to learn 70 words per week however "you must learn the chapters as well." Yet the chapters within the books we use contain at least quadruple the amount of words that my oh so concerned "amazing" French teacher recommends. Also the fact that she is making us learn higher vocabulary as well when about 99% of my class apart from one person is doing foundation reading exams, listening and oral exams. Also the fact that she "misplaces" people’s coursework which is vitally important for them to pass French at a Gcse level and then makes them do it again when it’s easier for her to look for it! Bitch.

Fourthly the way that the whole school popularity system leaves children in a distinctive state of solitude. Nobody seems to give a flying fuck about each other if someone needs help with something many people turn a blind eye to it also when someone annoys another person intentionally even if they are asked to stop they the apathy dominates over there "goodness". The fact that people within a year group expect people to conform to their standard otherwise in England they'd be referred to in England as a "neek" or a "wasteman" the assholes can't seem to except diversity, like people expect you to listen to the likes of Soulja Boy and Ke$ha two musicians that epitomize futility. I listen to quite a lot of music acts such as; Swans, Napalm Death, Nas, Utada Hikaru, Numbernin6, Immortal Technique, Gorillaz, Portishead etc. Also the fact that people are desolated or subjected to pejorative comments due to the way they look generally I feel that I look fairly decent though I could do with a lot more muscle except I have a lazy eye which for some reason drives cunts into a trance that makes them spew derogatory comments left right and centre.

Fifthly the amount of sexual situations that occur in schools like girls or boys may truant due to consistent sexual harassment, I’m a dude and yes I was sexually harassed by three assholes...I’m not going into how they sexually harassed me however I know that these problem is on the increase, girls particularly truant due to this problem.

Im just stating the reasons why people would truant or "bunk" as it is more colloquially referred to as though parents shouldn't really be put in prison for this as it isn't there faults...Fuck the system!
02-11-2010 03:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Your thoughts on truancy laws ..V.. 21 12,479 11-13-2013 11:45 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Truancy is deliquency James Comey 8 4,642 09-30-2013 03:58 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  "Intelligent Uniform" stops students from doing truancy Luizao876 35 19,494 10-09-2012 06:13 AM
Last Post: Trekkie_Aspie
  Talked to a truancy officer Stadium 13 5,008 02-01-2012 09:13 AM
Last Post: Dirtbikemike
  Truancy is a dick, isn't it? AgnosticFrostyGun 8 3,505 01-04-2011 12:55 AM
Last Post: Psychoqueen
  Kids' Health - Truancy AWOL 13 6,205 03-02-2010 04:28 AM
Last Post: The Desert Fox
  Advice for Truancy PSA needed Amortisatie 6 4,111 02-28-2010 04:58 PM
Last Post: Amortisatie
  "Truancy" illegal in fucking CA, unschooling? LOON_ATTIC 4 3,992 09-17-2009 12:16 PM
Last Post: LightAbyssion