RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i dislike school rules
GinJen Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
i dislike school rules

rules like:

don't be late
wear the required uniform
don't wear slippers
9 absences and you're out!
no eating inside the class room
greet your teachers when you see them

i mean i'm sick and tired of following them:
i will be late if i want to cause i'm paying my fees
i will wear clothes i'm comfortable wearing
i will be absent if i want because, it's up to me i don't want to attend the class cause i'm paying my fees anyway and it will be my loss if i miss some UNNECESSARY talks by my teachers.
i will eat if i'm hungry and anywhere i want. if it's about the trash that i left, it's the janitors job.
i'll greet anyone i want. if i don't like them, then i won't.
11-18-2009 02:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thornstorm Offline
Renegade

Re: i dislike school rules

Wow your teachers are very strict.
we can wear slippers hahah.
DUDE we all know how you feel!
everyone hates school rules, but sadly we have to follow them OR ELSE!
damn you know some times I think schools have TOO much power.

"I believe there is a place in space
where the light leads the fields of the wizards
and where the twirls of nebula bind,
to magnify the euphoric altering
between the leprechauns.
yes, I believe."
11-18-2009 05:15 AM
 Thanks given by: The man
Colin Offline
Pariah

Given 14 thank(s) in 12 post(s)

Okay, that last rule's unnecessary. Greet your teachers whenever you see them? Why bother? Does every kid have to fucking bow every time a teacher comes by? Do they actually enforce that rule actively?

PLEASE, TELL US JUSTIN
[Image: ubd5511.png]
11-18-2009 12:23 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Colin Wrote:Okay, that last rule's unnecessary. Greet your teachers whenever you see them? Why bother? Does every kid have to fucking bow every time a teacher comes by? Do they actually enforce that rule actively?
Actually, all of the rules are unnecessary Smile
I hate school rules, and we get "tardy sweeps" and they force us to clean up trash..

[Image: glorious666.png]
11-18-2009 01:09 PM
GinJen Offline
Rebel

the last rule about greeting the teachers...

one teacher told us that by greeting them they will have a good impression about you. i'm not there to impress anyone in that school, so i don't really care if they are impressed or not of what i do in my life or in academics.

one teacher complains about disrespecting him because a student didn't greet him in their faculty.

so it almost enforces us to greet them or else they will think we don't respect them. :<_<:
11-18-2009 03:03 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

We have similar rules, except for the last one.

Except we have a strict dress code:
We have a "uniform" Light blue or navy blue Polo's and khakis. If we wear sky blue, it's the end of the world.
Shirts must be tucked in.
Not too tight, not too loose. (assholes)

No eating (no one listens to this)
No open lunch
3 absences and we fail the class. (I shit you not)

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
11-18-2009 03:48 PM
thornstorm Offline
Renegade

CrayolaColours Wrote:We have similar rules, except for the last one.

Except we have a strict dress code:
We have a "uniform" Light blue or navy blue Polo's and khakis. If we wear sky blue, it's the end of the world.
Shirts must be tucked in.
Not too tight, not too loose. (assholes)

No eating (no one listens to this)
No open lunch
3 absences and we fail the class. (I shit you not)

HOLY LIVING MOTHER OF S***....... the last rule..... thats insane man, in
my school we just get saturday school.

"I believe there is a place in space
where the light leads the fields of the wizards
and where the twirls of nebula bind,
to magnify the euphoric altering
between the leprechauns.
yes, I believe."
11-19-2009 04:51 AM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

GinJen Wrote:i will eat if i'm hungry and anywhere i want. if it's about the trash that i left, it's the janitors job.

While I do have great respect for the anti-school opinions related to the school system managing style and the way the school had negatively affected the amount of knowledge that they had earned, I don't have any kind of respect for people who mistreats other people on purpose and I also have very little respect for those who are into the anti-school side who have less knowledge of English at an age where they are suppose to have knowledge of proper English skills unless English isn't their first language and lack of knowledge of English. My question to you when it comes to mistreating other people. How would you feel if you're the janitor in the place where there are many mess being underpaid and what kind of reaction these adults are going to think of you when it comes to mistreatment. You should acknowledge that you're feeding the stereotype that teenagers who enjoys disrespecting adults.

ZZZ...
11-19-2009 08:54 AM
Skyks Offline
Renegade

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

^The above post is full of win.
11-19-2009 12:42 PM
GinJen Offline
Rebel

StylizedCarfan1 Wrote:
GinJen Wrote:i will eat if i'm hungry and anywhere i want. if it's about the trash that i left, it's the janitors job.

While I do have great respect for the anti-school opinions related to the school system managing style and the way the school had negatively affected the amount of knowledge that they had earned, I don't have any kind of respect for people who mistreats other people on purpose and I also have very little respect for those who are into the anti-school side who have less knowledge of English at an age where they are suppose to have knowledge of proper English skills unless English isn't their first language and lack of knowledge of English. My question to you when it comes to mistreating other people. How would you feel if you're the janitor in the place where there are many mess being underpaid and what kind of reaction these adults are going to think of you when it comes to mistreatment. You should acknowledge that you're feeding the stereotype that teenagers who enjoys disrespecting adults.

first of all what is important here is my thought not my grammar. i don't mistreat janitors, i just want them to do their job rather than getting paid doing nothing.
11-19-2009 02:51 PM
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

StylizedCarfan1 Wrote:

The thing is that Janitors wouldn't be janitors if they didn't enjoy cleaning up messes.

If people who hate cleaning up messes get jobs as janitors then they are responsible for fucking up the job market.

People act unaware that the human body is a walking pharmacy![Image: rolleyes.gif]~David Icke~
Religion was invented to keep the poor from harrasing the rich"~Napoleon Bonaparte~
Do As Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole of The Law! ~The Secret Order of Thelema~
"Respect goes to those who do not want it" ~TrueAnarchist~
"The only limitations that a person has are those that are self-imposed." ~Unknown!~
“Attraction is an emotion.~Dr. Alex~
“Life is an illusion albeit a very persistent one” ~Albert Einstein

I Am A Messenger From The Seduction Community!
Mint Member
11-19-2009 03:05 PM
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

Mystery Wrote:The thing is that Janitors wouldn't be janitors if they didn't enjoy cleaning up messes.

If people who hate cleaning up messes get jobs as janitors then they are responsible for fucking up the job market.
Haha, oh wow.
I hope you're trolling.

I used to be "The circus" as I forgot my login, but then hey-ho I remembered it.
11-19-2009 07:47 PM
screwTHEschool Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

School has way too much power, like someone rightly pointed out. And you're right, We PAY them for all the shit they give to us, we have a right to do what we want. This whole bloody system is screwed.

I do have something to share about the last rule. Once I was in alot of hurry to get to maths class so I didn't wish my english teacher 'Good afternoon' when she passed by me. DAMN she made my life HELL. It began with her yelling at me in the english class about how disrespectful it was of me to just walk past without 'acknowledging' her presence and blah blah blah. And after that she developed some sort of a grudge against me, wouldn't leave a chance to humilate me for small things infront of everyone. She wouldn't give me marks even if I deserved them. BITCH!!!!! Yuck
11-20-2009 12:55 AM
Marlena403 Offline
School Lover

Given 21 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
i dislike school rules

In my school we have to wear uniform too.
09-03-2016 05:52 AM
Marlena403 Offline
School Lover

Given 21 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
RE: i dislike school rules

(09-03-2016 05:52 AM)Marlena403 Wrote:  In my school we have to wear uniform too.

We also need to walk on the left side of the corridor, playfighting is banned, fidget spinners are banned (Even at breaktime), not having a Link Book results in a C2 detention, taking food out of the canteen now results in C3 detention (When I was in Year 7 and 8, they were just sending people to the canteen and a few months ago, the school allowed us to take food out, but now it's not allowed anymore because people were making a mess), C3 detentions are now after school for one hour and not at lunchtime, C2 detentions are now for half an hour instead of one hour, seclusions are now during Period 4, 5 and 6 (Period 6 is after school) and Year 7's and Year 10's go to lunch during the first half of lunchtime on Week 1 and second half on Week 2 while Year 8's and Year 9's go to the canteen during the second half on Week 1 and first half on Week 2 and it doesn't matter during which half Year 11's enter. Personally, I don't have any problems with those rules.

doge
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2017 07:20 AM by Marlena403.)
05-25-2017 07:19 AM
The man Offline
Resistance Leader

Given 104 thank(s) in 92 post(s)

(05-25-2017 07:19 AM)Marlena403 Wrote:  
(09-03-2016 05:52 AM)Marlena403 Wrote:  In my school we have to wear uniform too.

We also need to walk on the left side of the corridor, playfighting is banned, fidget spinners are banned (Even at breaktime), not having a Link Book results in a C2 detention, taking food out of the canteen now results in C3 detention (When I was in Year 7 and 8, they were just sending people to the canteen and a few months ago, the school allowed us to take food out, but now it's not allowed anymore because people were making a mess), C3 detentions are now after school for one hour and not at lunchtime, C2 detentions are now for half an hour instead of one hour, seclusions are now during Period 4, 5 and 6 (Period 6 is after school) and Year 7's and Year 10's go to lunch during the first half of lunchtime on Week 1 and second half on Week 2 while Year 8's and Year 9's go to the canteen during the second half on Week 1 and first half on Week 2 and it doesn't matter during which half Year 11's enter. Personally, I don't have any problems with those rules.
Replying to yourself is WIN/s

their pee should hv been shot out like a ki blast breaking the rocks

oh and also No one has any rights. We're free, rights create invisible restrictions. But we live in a society where the majority accepts rights to be true.
05-25-2017 07:31 AM
the Analogist Offline
Connector of Dots

Given 434 thank(s) in 261 post(s)

(11-18-2009 02:20 AM)GinJen Wrote:  rules like:

don't be late
wear the required uniform
don't wear slippers
9 absences and you're out!

I so agree with these in particular.

I am so much less stressed and in a better state of mind when I'm either so early for work that it doesn't even matter, which is rare cuz I work early, or because i've schedule to arrive nice and late. Like, who gives a shit, just let me stay later so I can get a full day's work in, jeez!

I would love to just wear my lungi to work and thobe to work.

slippers are fin. i'm not unloading trucks or dealing with machinery.

absences? what about when shit happens?

School does prepare you for work, because school is a lot like work.
they both typically suck and we all just gotta do it...

Purity is to Believe only that which deserves it.
Wisdom is to follow only the Opinion which makes the best use of evidence.
Excellence is to be mindful of all these things in Living.
Follow me on Twitter!
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2017 12:43 PM by the Analogist.)
05-28-2017 12:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Information 50 Rules Kids Won't Learn in School Miller0700 40 34,419 05-28-2017 12:44 PM
Last Post: the Analogist
  My school and its stupid rules Luizao876 5 5,893 02-25-2017 02:57 AM
Last Post: Marlena403
  5 Foreign School Rules Way Better Than The American Version Miller0700 1 2,374 09-16-2016 02:52 AM
Last Post: UnicornLionWolf
  How many students do you think actually dislike school? thy 21 10,112 09-03-2016 10:39 AM
Last Post: HSHARK
  School rules should also apply to teachers KFC Nyan Cat 14 7,151 12-06-2014 09:55 AM
Last Post: KFC Nyan Cat
  Why I dislike school reading Dirtbikemike 10 5,688 02-04-2014 07:28 AM
Last Post: Trar
  Why I dislike long boring lectures craxyguy562 1 3,291 10-26-2013 12:09 PM
Last Post: LadyKira
  Another reason why I dislike the social media ..V.. 6 9,698 03-23-2013 05:24 AM
Last Post: McGee!
  My School Rules Miller0700 55 28,920 09-14-2012 12:36 PM
Last Post: SomeRandomHuman
  My school's idiotic rules .Manicrose. 5 4,394 04-27-2012 01:04 AM
Last Post: Luizao876