RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yet another blog attempt
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)
yet another blog attempt

Installed Chromium under Arch Linux. It's insanely fast. INSANELY fast. Arch also boots in seconds, when properly configured. It's crazy. I wonder how fast it'd be on a decent computer, I'm only using a crappy 4 year old laptop which can barely run Minecraft.

[Image: glorious666.png]
07-01-2011 08:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Phrozen_Soul Offline
From Now Until Velociraptor

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
Re: yet another blog attempt

Lunatic Wrote:Installed Chromium under Arch Linux. It's insanely fast. INSANELY fast. Arch also boots in seconds, when properly configured. It's crazy. I wonder how fast it'd be on a decent computer, I'm only using a crappy 4 year old laptop which can barely run Minecraft.

You know whats sad? My comp is 2 years old and barely runs minecraft with fog. Damn lying parents.

"Ask them no more questions, never hear them lying"

People say the problem with me is I have psychotic tendencies and care not about other human beings I don't like and or know. So?
07-01-2011 12:30 PM
Pashupati Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

My main PC is 8-years-old and running Debian. My other PC is approximatively 15-years-old running W95 and Tiny Core. They are both against computageism in every way, up and down.
Laugh
(both non-laptop, never tried to run Minecraft on these)
07-02-2011 03:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

My laptop has power and overheating issues. Blue screens occasionally.

Then again, I do run Windows.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
07-02-2011 04:35 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Weswammy Wrote:My laptop has power and overheating issues. Blue screens occasionally.

Then again, I do run Windows.
It's most likely full of dust, and your OS is surely bloated already.
Phrozen_Soul Wrote:
Lunatic Wrote:Installed Chromium under Arch Linux. It's insanely fast. INSANELY fast. Arch also boots in seconds, when properly configured. It's crazy. I wonder how fast it'd be on a decent computer, I'm only using a crappy 4 year old laptop which can barely run Minecraft.

You know whats sad? My comp is 2 years old and barely runs minecraft with fog. Damn lying parents.
Integrated (especially Intel) graphics chips suck at Minecraft, and for pretty much anything really. They should be banned from the world.
YOU CAN'T TRUST PARENTS WITH THE COMPUTERS

07-02-2011 12:01 PM
Phrozen_Soul Offline
From Now Until Velociraptor

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

I know, its not even complicated. All they had to do was go to the guy and custom build a gaming one, but instead they buy an Emachines from walmart.

"Ask them no more questions, never hear them lying"

People say the problem with me is I have psychotic tendencies and care not about other human beings I don't like and or know. So?
07-06-2011 01:42 AM
Lakeway Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Ew, eMachines still exist?

I have a Mac, does that make me a sheep? Although I totally had one 'before they were cool'.

With all your lies, you're still very lovable.
07-06-2011 01:55 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

Lakeway Wrote:I have a Mac, does that make me a sheep? Although I totally had one 'before they were cool'.
No, just a hipster.
Hidden stuff:
:troll:

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
07-06-2011 05:19 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

I'm on Palm Springs on a vacation in an hotel. Posting via a shitty unsecured network, hopefully no one will bother to steal my SS account Laugh

07-13-2011 10:45 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Managed to run Quake through a LiveCD of FreeDOS for the lulz, it worked, even at 640x480 but without sound and apparently the whole thing froze just by touching my laptop's touchpad. I tried to install FreeDOS but failed, I have no idea how to make it boot.

Also somehow this retarded country song that my parents played once on their car like a fucking month ago is stuck on my head. It's ridiculously simple, catchy, and annoying.

08-06-2011 08:45 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

I plan on making a black metal costume for halloween, and integrating my DIY crappy ghetto kvlt guitar amplifier with a speaker... and just taping it to the driver. And annoying the shit out of people. It actually sounds pretty similar to the sound a lot of guitars in black metal make.

Pashupati Wrote:My main PC is 8-years-old and running Debian. My other PC is approximatively 15-years-old running W95 and Tiny Core. They are both against computageism in every way, up and down.
Laugh
(both non-laptop, never tried to run Minecraft on these)
Don't know why I missed that... holy shit that's, uh, awesome. At least for surfing the web and playing really old games, I guess Laugh
I tried Debian and ended up "upgrading" to Testing or something and breaking it. So I switched to Slackware, Windows, another Windows, Ubuntu, and now Arch linux...
Besides, my computer isn't much better than a GOOD 8 year old one, in America at least. Except for the processor, I guess. But the video card is shit.

09-10-2011 03:35 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

fuck fuck
So I fucking want to transfer the files from my iPod touch to my computer. I try using iTunes but it's gay and doesn't let me, I try to drag the files but no. I research it and apparently iTunes is gay and won't let me, apparently they don't want piracy or some shit. Previously I was able to SSHFS (secure shell file system, so it like, mounts a file system remotely of any device that runs a SSH server. Yes, my iPod has an ssh server, it's jailbroken) to my iPod from Loser's UNIX (AKA Lunix), so I tried to do that.

It HAS worked for me before, I even fixed a file once. But this time it somehow it doesn't let me fucking mount the stupid filesystem SSHFS thing as root NOR access it when I was able to access it as a luser (it worked as a "normal" user) so I couldn't copy the files to fucking /media/windows which is mounted as root and herpaderp. (Even to get a progressbar for the "cp" copy command line program was a pain in the ass. Seriously. What the fuck is it, 1822?) I kept trying, researched a bit, fucked with folders in /media... changed permissions a little. Ended up making /media/ipod/ inaccessible, fixed that. As root sshfs reported something about NO DEVICE HERPADERP right after inserting the root password. (So it did connect to my iPood.)

I tried again as a luser, but it gave me the same NO DEVICE HERPADERP error. I tried cding to /media/ipod and I think it gave me some gay error (NOT permission denied...), since I figured I might've forgotten to unmount it with fuckingluserfilesystem -u... but it just didn't work. Didn't bother to try to unmount it, I was so pissed I tried sudo rm -rf /media/ipod, then it said something about it being a directory. BUT I'M USING RECURSIVE AND FORCED WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU PIECE OF SHIT I WANT TO DISEMBOWEL AND DISMEMBER AND TEAR TO PIECES THE STUPID PIECE OF SHIT NERD THAT PROGRAMMED YOU

At that moment I just forced a restart and rebooted into winblows. OH YOUR IPOD IS LIEK A CAMERA HERE'S A CAMERA SETUP WIZARD. OH YOUR COMPUTER MIGHT BE UNSECURE BECAUSE AUTOMATIC UPDATES IS TURNED OFF, YOU FUCKING PIRATE PIECE OF SHIT. TURN IT ON SO WE CAN FUCKING LABEL IT AS ILLEGAL YOU KNOW AND MAKE IT UNUSUABLE. DANGER DANGER. And I still can't fucking sync my iPod to my computer. Without deleting everything on it.

FUCKING MEDIOCRE PIECE OF SHIT I HATE COMPUTERS AND ALL SOFTWARE WHY IS IT SO GAY GAAH

I'll probably just do it with Dokan though now, which is basically SSHFS for Windows, I guess. And I probably fucked something up on Lunix but lol I got pissed off and I guess that was kind of funny.
edit; oh dokan sshfs doesn't work either. fuck this shit, I'm going to sleep

09-10-2011 04:41 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

fixed it by booting into lunix in text mode. I dunno if it was rebooting that strangely fixed it or HETEROSEX is not X

09-11-2011 07:24 AM