RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epic Game Ideas Thread.
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)
Epic Game Ideas Thread.

ITT: We discuss epic ideas for games.

For me, I'd like to see old-school style of games return.

Also, a Cold War-era USA vs. Soviet Union game from the viewpoint of the Soviets would be pretty sweet.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
05-31-2010 12:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
Re: Epic Game Ideas Thread.

A zombie game where you play the zombie (L4d doesn't count)... wait, they already made that.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
05-31-2010 12:05 PM
Raikuron Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Yeah, it would.

I think there should be a game where you kidnap the princess.
Wait a second, I just thought of something.
In Soviet Russia, Princess kidnap YOU!
Or a game where you play as the princess who kidnaps people.
Anyfuckingway, back to my first idea.

You play as the good-guy-gone-bad. You have to capture the princess and kill your former partner who is trying to get the princess back. Beating the game allows you to play as the kidnapped princess or your partner.

Ooh, ooh! Another one! You play as Theodore Roosevelt. All of your armies died, so you go kick Nazi ass by yourself.
05-31-2010 12:07 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

Raikuron Wrote:Ooh, ooh! Another one! You play as Theodore Roosevelt. All of your armies died, so you go kick Nazi ass by yourself.
You're thinking of Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

Right?

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
05-31-2010 01:07 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Zombie Theodore Roosevelt comes back from the grave to singlehandedly kick Nazi ass.

Win. I CALL COPYRIGHT!

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
05-31-2010 01:11 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

CrayolaColours Wrote:A flaming zombie astronaut comes back from the grave to singlehandedly kick Nazi ass.

Win. I CALL COPYRIGHT!
Fix'd.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
05-31-2010 01:13 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

You can make that game. I'll make mine. Lets see who's gets better ratings.

Faith o' Meter
05-31-2010 01:15 PM
Raikuron Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Copyright means shit among us. Honestly, I am torrenting a list of torrent trackers and other things right now. So, essentially you share or die.
05-31-2010 01:15 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

It wouldn't be fair, as you'd seduce the critics.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
05-31-2010 01:16 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

The Desert Fox Wrote:It wouldn't be fair, as you'd seduce the critics.
Speaking of, I saw a hot store clerk today. Too bad I didn't get to seduce him.

Faith o' Meter
05-31-2010 01:16 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

CrayolaColours Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:It wouldn't be fair, as you'd seduce the critics.
Speaking of, I saw a hot store clerk today. Too bad I didn't get to seduce him.
Son.

I am disappoint.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
05-31-2010 01:30 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

At the hot store clerk? Or because I didn't seduce him?

Faith o' Meter
05-31-2010 01:31 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

CrayolaColours Wrote:At the hot store clerk? Or because I didn't seduce him?
The latter.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
05-31-2010 04:19 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

Raikuron Wrote:Copyright means shit among us. Honestly, I am torrenting a list of torrent trackers and other things right now. So, essentially you share or die.

How would you expect to make money and survive?

Also, my game idea would be something like if Dwarf Fortress and Wurm Online got together and had freaky babies. You would take control of 10-12 settlers and try to build a town and survive in a harsh enviroment. It would be like playing a Medieval Pioneer. Of course, that doesn't matter because you will be eaten by Mountain Lions.
06-02-2010 07:06 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

A combination of mmorpg and FPS games.

Example:

It's the wild west and you interact in the game in FPS mode, you shoot with your mouse etc. However, it's also a mmorpg. As you go further in the game you get better weapons, money etc.

Your character also gains new skills like better hearing(so you can hear footsteps in duels etc), better eyesight(distant shots), less recoil(better strength), more running endurance, ability to carry more weapons, you get the idea. But it also means it needs actual skill from the player.

Like COD4 except it's a mmorpg, you could run around and shoot just like any FPS, but it's a mmorpg. It might be like runescape where you can fight only in one section of the game, maybe not. As technology progresses it could use tech like virtual reality and 3D and it'll be the ultimate experience.

It would be the ULTIMATE game.
06-02-2010 07:13 PM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

psychopath Wrote:A combination of mmorpg and FPS games.

Example:

It's the wild west and you interact in the game in FPS mode, you shoot with your mouse etc. However, it's also a mmorpg. As you go further in the game you get better weapons, money etc.

Your character also gains new skills like better hearing(so you can hear footsteps in duels etc), better eyesight(distant shots), less recoil(better strength), more running endurance, ability to carry more weapons, you get the idea. But it also means it needs actual skill from the player.

Like COD4 except it's a mmorpg, you could run around and shoot just like any FPS, but it's a mmorpg. It might be like runescape where you can fight only in one section of the game, maybe not. As technology progresses it could use tech like virtual reality and 3D and it'll be the ultimate experience.

It would be the ULTIMATE game.
Gunz Online is a little close to that, though it's third person and relies more on manual skill while the RPG part is mostly about equipment and leveling.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
06-02-2010 07:25 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

Gunz online...does it have maps? If it does it's not quite what I mean. It also looks kinda gay from what I see, lol

Also, I thought wild west would be suitable because it's got the free-for-all feel to it. Imagine a mmorpg of call of juerez.
06-02-2010 07:46 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

HERE IS THE MAP

[Image: gwonam.png?1250543814]

sorry, it had to be done
06-02-2010 08:49 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

wut?

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
06-02-2010 09:14 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Bump because I just had an epic thought.

You would play as a new assigned Headmaster to a school teeming with intelligent, artistic, happy children being taught by the most epic teachers. As Headmaster, it is your job to ruin all of this and crush the dreams of happy young minds ONCE AND FOR ALL. You do this by enacting retarded regulations and rules, building useless improvements (like building a fence just inside the current fence, guess where i got that idea from), firing the good teachers or making it so terrible they leave from disgust and replacing them with shit ones, ignoring the petitions from students to improve school life (or suspending them if the mood takes you) and much more!

However, the only thing that stands in your way is the goddamn Parent Council. Those silly people, actually wanting their kids to do well in life. You must pretend to actually be helpful while ruining the education of many people. The UI would look something like Liberal Crime Squad but nicer looking and shit.
09-10-2010 06:26 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

The Desert Fox Wrote:For me, I'd like to see old-school style of games return.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: j73hxv.jpg]

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
09-10-2010 12:20 PM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Personally I prefer games with good story and plot lines... and unfortunately the only games where the story is semi decent is assassins creed and mass effect. funny part? first person shooters are my favorite gameplay style.

where is where games create a problem, its very hard to connect with a character in a first person game type. when YOU are the character, your problems are elsewhere, you just happen to kick some alien ass as a hobby. but in a third person game mode, you watch this character go through these issues, the world of violence and war around him, and you really develop a link and bond to that character. but unfortunately, you loose alot of the rush and excitement in a 3rd person shooter. I think the game market could swing either way... its either going to start producing adrenaline fueled pieces of shit, or they will find a way to connect you to the character, so awesome games like the ORIGINAL halo and Half Life 2 will be the overshadowed by these amazing games to come in the future.

a problem with video games though is that they are a bitch to produce, and as such have an almost non-existent group independent developers. as such their are going to be very little "revolutionary" and "genre defining" games to come out in the next few years, because no one can experiment with modern game creation equipment and make something of quality by themselves.

I have been programming since i was 12, and still some of the stuff they put in games has absolutely no logical reason of how it could feasibly be programmed, its mind bending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
09-10-2010 12:59 PM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

ANYWAYS back on topic, here would be my ideal video game should i ever be put in charge of developing one. if any of you see or recognize any story lines or plot features from the backstory, I am in fact drawing inspiration off of the writings of Alistair Reynolds. However i have my own ideas about the story and will of course but just drawing inspiration from it.
I would call it Clockmaker

backstory:
Hidden stuff:
Earth's natural pool of resources decrease, along with the state of the environment. before long it is impossible to breath without a gas mask outside. wile the world retreats indoors, government funds science extensively focused on 2 major things
1. Environmental cleanup, to save the planet
2. Space travel and terraformation

The eggheads working on space travel begin to make many orbital living facilities around the planet, as well as creating tiny colonies on mars, with the long term goal of terraforming the planet, but for now simply mining the planet for its metal.

the Environmental scientists then make a breakthrough, and develop nano technology that could clean up the toxins, spread seed growth worldwide, and make earth a habitable place to live. these nano bots are made to be self replicating, with the sole intent of making earth a liveable, breathable place. they are released, and within 2 years its safe for people to go outside again.

earth is recreated into an eden, and humanity saw a time of peace and prosperity it had never known.
for about 30 years.

little was it known to the people that the nanobots where still out there, and growing in the thousands each day. People had little care for the environment as it cleaned up itself, so more and more industry continued to dump more and more toxin into the enviroment, causing a surge in the nano bots. there came a point where, through data crunching, the collective data of all nanobots determined that inorder to keep the environment safe, Humanity had to go. that it. no crazy artificial intelligence "waking up", no intelligent over mind, no conspiracy, just solution brought on by data. and so, the nanobots went up the noses of everyday people and "cleared pollutants" from the water in their brain. In the course of a day, the human population went from 50 billion to 5 million in a day. everyone on earth dead, leaving only the people living in orbital habitats and Martian colonies.

Without earth to sustain them, the people of the orbital habitats and Martian colonies began to panic. half the population of orbital habitats fled to mars, as the habitats did not have enough food to last them more than a month.

those who could not flee found themselves in the middle of a war, as the habitats could not survive with their food supplies. the people began to pillage and raid other habitats. about 5 months into this war, a group of pirates obtained an old satellite containing nuclear warheads that dated back to the cold war. the nukes where armed, and then launched into a habitat that was warring with theirs. this blew the habitat out of orbit, and sent it crashing down onto earth, leaving a massive radiated crater where Italy used to be.

the nanobots, now called "the greenfly" by the humans, saw this as a threat to their environment. using small bullet sized rockets, they propelled themselves into all habitats in orbit, dwindling the population further.

Mars, with its facilities now 300% overpopulated, knew that if they don't take immediate action, greenfly would take mars as well. summoning all the resources and manpower it could, Mars constructed 7 ships. 7 ships, that would carry them to a new system where hopefully a hospitable and environmentally friendly planet like earth could be found. these ships would not have faster than light travel, nor would these ships have any cryo-sleep chambers. they would be on a 375 year journey to a new world, that could possibly be less hospitable than the one they just left. But, for the sake of humanity they needed to go on, they would grow old and die on the ship so their children's children would have hope at continuing humanity.

so, building the ships over the time of 50 years, they brought every citizen on mars aboard. 4 million people, ready to sacrifice their lives to save the human race. they left mars, with only a population of 2,000 remaining, who refused to leave. communications with them was cut off 3 years later. the greenfly had taken mars, and they, had successfully escaped.

350 years passed. It had not been taken into account the political stress of keeping the population in line on the ships. a cold war began brewing between the ships, each accusing the others of mistreating their citizens. 5 out of the 7 ships imposed martial law. one of those 5 overthrew the "captain" of the ship, freeing them. This is the ship where you are born. this is the ship that changed everything.

Game storyline: you wake up on the ship "Redemption". the ship, consumed by the fires and bullets of civil war, has been reduced to a slum. now with a population of 35 million, the ship struggles to keep up with the production of food. with martial law overthrown, the population of the ship spiraled out of control. however, if the stories of eventually reaching a planet turned out to be true, they would have a huge advantage over the other ships. you are in the military of the ship, and helped overthrow the oppressive captain of the ship before. your ship only has one true ally, the "Nostalgia Infinity", and as such the relations with other ships was tense at best. according to the stories, you are only 30 days away from your destination, but you see no planet in sight. your first mission in the game is to investigate an unidentified vessle floating near your ship.

upon entering the small spacecraft, hooded characters open fire on your squad. weapons in this game are gritty and old, as weapons technology has not had much room to flourish in the times on the ships, and resemble weapons used in the early 2000's, however are more compact and destructive. after dispatching the hostiles, you discover a nuclear device inside the ship. its intention was to fly under your ship and be detonated. your squad leader, being cocky, decided to "return the ship to its sender". bad idea. upon returning to your ship, there is a flash of bright light. the Nostagia Infinity lit up in nuclear glory.

as it turned out, your "ally" saw your ship as unstable and overpopulated. in exchange for peace and trade once they reach the planet from other ships, they agreed to take out yours, and as a result, destroyed their own. your ship is only 3 days away from reaching its destination, and every other ship is hell bent on murdering every one of your people. ships are scrapped as quickly as possible and before definable cities are even established, full blown war breaks out between your colony and the other.

years pass, fighting intensifies. both sides begin to create clone soldiers, bringing the population of the planet to 4 billion in a matter of years.

however, the sixth ship abstained from the fighting, or even involvement planet side. the chose to stay in space, serving as a hospital for both sides. the nature behind the people of this ship, called the "Nightingale" was very mysterious, as they never contacted either side, other than to say that they could send their injured to them. for almost 5 years, both sides send their wounded to the Nightingale, receiving soldiers perfectly healthy back. no charge. soldiers who did not return where presumed dead or hospitalized for life.

in the mean time, you are fighting for your colony, taking and defending small towns and manufacturing facilities, ect. since you are not a clone, your survival as a soldier is high priority, so you are given better equipment. you are considered the most elite of the elite. the game proceeds up to where the first major invasion of a central colony is attempted. however, towards the end of the battle, you are given orders to take the headquarters of the enemy, where you are ambushed and shot.

you wake up in a rusty old room, wounds healed. you hear screams everywhere. it looks like you are in a prison of sorts. assuming you have been captured by the enemy, you attempt an escape. you break loose, but as you proceed you can hear the screams getting louder and louder. you keep seeing shadows jump around, and the game makes a sudden turn to horror. you reach a window... and see blackness. you are in space, aboard the "Nightingale"

in the distance, you hear gunshots. following the noise through corridors, you find some freshly killed bodys. you take their gun and ammo, and proceed into an area where you are suddenly attacked by hundreds of zombie like mutants, many with guns where their hands should be or extra limbs. panicking through the ship, things only get worse as you find prisoners running and hiding from the mutants, only to be brutally murdered. you find that the ship has slowly been amassing an army from injured soldiers, and that the captain of the ship had combined his brain with the ships AI, resulting in a mad, insane, and intelligent ship that saw the war planet side as the highest of evil, saying "i will show them what war really does, i will force them to work together or perish". he calls himself "the clockmaker", and the devices he attaches to his "minions" clocks for their intricate appearance and their ticking noises.

in order to stop the clock maker, you try to destroy the ship by blowing its reactor core. you do this, and escape on a shuttle to the planet. as you descend, you see the ship fly through the atmosphere, and crash land on the planet. you return to the colony to find it under attack and in a state of confusion. as you where gone, the clockmaker had already launched his invasion. you try to help people escape the city, and as you escape you watch as the city is completely leveled and destroyed by the clockmaker's forces. feeling to the new recently captured colony, you stage a defense as both the clockmaker's forces and martial state forces try to capture/ destroy the city. you then launch a desperate assault on the the most powerful of the martial state cities, which is crippled by the clockmaker invasion. as all the enemy forces amass in the city, the martial military ready nukes to fire at your newly captured colony, and on the city captured by the clockmaker's forces. this would create a nukeclear winter that would be very difficult to survive, especially in such a heated conflict/war. in the final level, you get to the sites too late to deactivate them. you jam some of the launchers, so they detonate in the city, and then flee in a guntruck. the city, along with most of the clockmakers forces and the martial army, is destroyed. however, your two cities are blown to hell too. your forces scattered, staring in the face of nuclear Armageddon and millions of cyborg mutants running amok, you flee to the south, hoping to find refuge.

end game.

09-10-2010 03:44 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

Sociopath Wrote:[Image: j73hxv.jpg]
[Image: lol_wut.jpg]

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
09-10-2010 09:31 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Really nice Jesus(it falls into the ex soldier, marine, etc stereotype but ehh stereotypes exist for everything) and it sounds like a much grittier version of quake.

Me I perfer storyline and characters myself along with the world having a sense of reality and identity to it.

I like shooters but the standard arcade shooters get boring.

I have some game ideas but I'm too tired now to post.

Will do so later.

P.S I like some old school games myself.

Like with Rpg's the old ones provided more of a challenge and had a sort of charm to them compared to the ones we have now.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
09-11-2010 12:20 PM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

HeartofShadows Wrote:Really nice Jesus(it falls into the ex soldier, marine, etc stereotype but ehh stereotypes exist for everything) and it sounds like a much grittier version of quake.

Me I perfer storyline and characters myself along with the world having a sense of reality and identity to it.

I can work on that, given that i wrote that on a forum i did not exactly put 100% effort into it, but you get what im going for more or less. then again i dont give two shits because im never making a legitimate game other than my "intergalactic dinosaur zombies" game which was all kinds of retarded yet still the greatest game i ever finished.

09-11-2010 04:10 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Jesusaurisrex Wrote:I can work on that, given that i wrote that on a forum i did not exactly put 100% effort into it, but you get what im going for more or less. then again i dont give two shits because im never making a legitimate game other than my "intergalactic dinosaur zombies" game which was all kinds of retarded yet still the greatest game i ever finished.

Not to mention games take lots of time and money and dreams don't count for much.

Not much for game ideas but I do have some but I'm more of a storyline guy.
Storylines are too long so I'll go with game idea.

Hidden stuff:
I would very much like a setting like this.
I was a lover of threads(shows nobody truly wins in war and the survivors deserve the pity most of all).

Heck some guy is making an rpg that I liked for the setting(although his taste in music left alot to be desired). sure its an rpg maker game but it still had the feeling of trying to survive in an harsh world where threats were alot stronger than you(shame its only demo for now)

Everything turns Gray
http://rpgmaker.net/games/881/blog/

Now to my thing I have been throwing some ideas for a post apocalyptic sort of game on word with my ideas but I nothing made.

First was different template backgrounds with their own skills and things to start which could benefit and cripple you in the game from the beginning or even the end.

In everything is Gray they had a fatigue gauge that you needed food and water along with some sleep to replenish less you get closer to and I liked the idea and wanted to use a better version of it along with weather hurting your condition(Gray had this system as a simple it drained you fatigue faster when it rained or snowed) but I want to expand and make a getting sick thing with it too.

Also for the eating system I want to incorporate a sort of system where the main character can only eat certain things depending on his build(Like he or she flat out refuses to eat certain things unless really hungry or deprived and even then will not do it unless they have felt the sting of hunger and desperation several times over.)

As I said earlier in the beginning the main will get background templates kind of like mass effect but actually have more effect for childhood, teenager and adulthood and the templates start as a beginning that you can play through or skip and just read a journal about but they each give skills and starting builds for the main character. I am working on a blank build which allows the main to have no background but can adapt easier and learn more than the other builds to for people who want more freedom.

I haven't gotten all the templates worked out yet but basically I developed two templates were Survivor and Soldier.

Survivor is the main character was the survivor of some horrible accident that stranded him and many other people far away from society and help and he had to adapt skills to survive(such as cannibalism, knowledge of herbs, hunting skills and the ability to survive and adapt in harsh weather and environment.

This Build will help in the harsh apocalyptic world as the main can already eat things others would deem nasty and harsh to survive but when it comes to fighting, handling guns or technology(Like advanced kinds like computers, etc) or medical skills, lockpick or anything else then the survivor will find it somewhat rough.

The next build I got down is the soldier for obvious reasons and it is a fighter sort of class for combat and handling fear(Wanted to try putting in a fear sort of system with anxiety and all that) but when it comes to high survival in a harsh world then the soldier starts off bad(Soldiers are trained to fight not survive).

I liked fallouts way of gaining different skills and all classes can gain some of the skills from other classes through training, desperation, work or even odd things.

Like with cannibalism you gain it through severally starving yourself and eating nastier and nastier foods(rotten or raw) and finally after one severe starvation case you can examine and eat a person and when the main agrees you gain cannibalism.

Its an okay skill because it enables you to eat people and other things to make it easier for food but in the societies to come cannibalism is looked on as a barbarian like skill and most societies or followers will not like it and Cannibalism can and will allow you to contract diseases very easily.

There is sort of a weight gain and in shape sort of system but I haven't really thought of much on it.

Also while the ability to fight and defend yourself is on many levels an important skill(Often glorified over other skills in many other games) I want to make it only a skill with its own benefits and weaknesses as there are many options to a situation that can solve or end it.

I can be the best gunslinger and ranbo incarnate but a simple disease or starvation can cripple me and kill me(its how it should be in a harsh world) if I don't know shit about medical as there won't be many doctors. I even want the ability to read to not be just some set skill.

Even when diplomacy doesn't work there are still skills that can indirectly defeat enemies without combat.

Got some ideas but the closest one I got is traps that can stun or flat out kill enemies along with a sort of pet system and there is followers.

image hosting jpg
09-11-2010 07:05 PM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Sociopath Wrote:

Hidden stuff:

I literally fell out of my chair laughing Laugh

[Image: spooky-1.jpg]

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
09-12-2010 01:55 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Sociopath Wrote:

Hidden stuff:

Lmao I just noticed the image.

The panties a power up weapon?

image hosting jpg
09-12-2010 06:20 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Sociopath Wrote:

Hidden stuff:
Where the fuck did he get THOSE?!

Faith o' Meter
09-12-2010 04:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Epic new game controller psychopath 3 1,978 01-16-2011 03:05 AM
Last Post: Kigolorez
  Multiplayer Game Thread aaaaaaasd 25 4,909 05-05-2010 04:01 AM
Last Post: Ceiling Cat
  A checkers game of epic proportions Pieman 58 9,384 11-30-2009 12:23 PM
Last Post: IllusoryDeath