RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Poets Society
Depression101 Offline
Freedom Fighter

Given 273 thank(s) in 172 post(s)
Dead Poets Society

So, a long time ago, I watched this movie, called dead poets society. Here's the Link.

It's a great movie starring Robin Williams and directed by Peter Weir, who also directed The Truman Show. The movie deals with following your dreams and how school can destroy them, and how dangerous conformity is. I seriously reccomend giving it a watch. Just type the title in Google and add "full movie online" at the end if you want to stream. I think it should probably work.

Anyway, I'm here to talk about my shitty cunt-of-a-English teacher, too. See, I think she saw the movie once and thought it dangerous for us to take notes of it if we ever saw it. Well, since I already watched it, I joked to myself that she saw the movie when she asked us to stand on tables and "see the world from a different perspective." But it wasn't a joke when she started quoting lines from the movie about following your dreams, and not saying a word about the movie. The irony was, the advice was fucking true as shit, but she didn't mean it; she is strict, authoritarian, and hates us. The advice she gave was just to make it look like the education system is what Robin Williams actually tries to create in the movie. When in truth, the system is as fucked up as ever, and Robin William's character does not correlate with any teacher nowadays or ever; and the characters vision does not correlate with the current system; in fact, it contradicts it. So that's a good example of totalitarian, authoritarian conditioning, and brainwashing: lying to us about art so it doesn't inspire us. You shoulda seen the teacher, she was obviously bullshitting and happy about it.

"Then it was straight to the 40 ouncers/ slapping teachers and jacking off in front of my counselors." As the World Turns - Eminem.

"A man is a success if gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between does whatever he does what he wants to do." - Bob Dylan.

"A good artist should be isolated. If he isn't isolated, something is wrong." - Orson Welles.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons, even death may die." - H.P. Lovecraft.

"I became insane, with long intervals of painful sanity." Edgar Allan Poe.
05-05-2017 09:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: The man
The man Offline
Resistance Leader

Given 104 thank(s) in 92 post(s)
Dead Poets Society

Interesting....

their pee should hv been shot out like a ki blast breaking the rocks

oh and also No one has any rights. We're free, rights create invisible restrictions. But we live in a society where the majority accepts rights to be true.
05-05-2017 09:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dead Poets Society Darthmat 3 1,646 04-03-2008 06:26 PM
Last Post: Double