RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horrible English lesson and teacher
Marlena403 Offline
School Lover

Given 21 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

So today in English, I had a terrible lesson. First, we had to write about T.J. from Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry and the teacher gave us papers with a stickman. I asked her for glue and she said she'll give it to me later. Then, my classmates were calling out and being rude. The teacher asked them if they want to move English class. I called out and said I do. She yelled at me and Lexi and told us not to call out. Another classmate was also told off. So, we didn't call out anymore. Then she went out of the classroom and we were shouting across the tables. Luckily, we stopped when she came back. But, when she came back, she gave us hard, even impossible work to do (also about Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry). And I didn't want to ask her for help because I'm scared of her. And my classmates were shouting across the tables again. The teacher was checking our work. When she came up to me, she yelled at me for not writing, not glueing the paper into my book and treating her like a dog. First off, I didn't write because the work was too hard and I was too scared to ask for help. Second, I didn't glue the paper into my book because the teacher refused to give me glue. Finally, I did NOT treat her like a dog, SHE IS THE ONE TREATING ME LIKE A DOG ALL THE TIME!!! Then, Lexi, the boy sitting next to him and two girls sitting behind them were so naughty that they made the teacher run away (I don't know how because the English teacher that I currently have is very strict). I don't know what happened next. All I know is that she told the Deputy Headteacher and was planning to tell our Head of Year and the Head of English. Before she left, she also wanted to give Lexi a C1 (1 negative point). When the teacher was gone, my classmates were telling me that the Head of English is gonna whip me (which was a lie because in my school teachers are not allowed to whip students and they get fired if they do that). The Head of English and Head of Year 9 didn't come in, but the Deputy Headteacher did. She told us to be quiet for the rest of the lesson and went out of the room. Then, we had a cover (substitute) teacher for the rest of the lesson. Someone also said that the teacher was crying (which is a lie because the only teacher that cries at my school is the math teacher).

Then I went to history and I was saying some very bad things about my English teacher. Later, I took out a piece of paper and started writing on it. (The teacher didn't care because we had to watch a boring movie anyway)

After history, I showed the paper to a teacher and she said it's all not true. But actually, it is true.

Hidden stuff:
This is what I wrote:

My English teacher is the worst English teacher anyone could ever have. I'll blow up AF9. My English teacher is mean. I get along with all English teachers except my current English teacher. My English teacher is horrible. I hate my English teacher. I never liked my English teacher. My English teacher yells too much. My English teacher is too strict. The only good thing she ever did to me is giving me a departamental detention. My English teacher is rude. My English teacher is the worst English teacher. She even spelled "skull" wrong. The reason why I accepted my timetable is because I didn't know her. My English teacher is stupid. I'm glad she ran out of class today. My English teacher gave me five homeworks in one day. Why do I have HER as an English teacher? My English teacher can't teach. My English teacher is an idiot. My English teacher is selfish. She treats all her students like dogs. My English teacher is too strict to teach me. The reason why I don't like her is because when Shabashan pushed me, I was punished. I'd rather put up with the table arrangement in AF11 than with a horrible English teacher torturing me. I'll get revenge on my English teacher. I'll never get along with my English teacher. I'll go and complain to the Head of Department about my English teacher. I want to throw a paper airplane at her. I hate my English teacher and she hates me. I'm sick and tired of my current English teacher. My English teacher can't teach me. I want her fired. I don't wanna be in AF9 anymore! I want to go to a different English class. Put me in AF11!!!

By the way, I called the teacher "Miss Idiot" in one of my posts. Also, AF9 is my English room and AF11 is my favourite English teacher's room.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2017 05:27 AM by Marlena403.)
11-12-2016 06:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

Given 568 thank(s) in 340 post(s)
RE: Horrible English lesson and teacher

Sounds like your teacher lost control of the class. That's happened to me many many times. Just try to do your best and even if she seems frustrated or mean or even if she's not a good teacher just understand she's human and people make mistakes. From the teacher's perspective, it's a horrible feeling to look at a class that's fallen apart and you're thinking oh my god I'm going to lose my job.

If you want to be a different fish, you've got to jump out of the school.

Captain Beefheart
11-12-2016 07:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sadly_Not Offline
Town Idiot

Given 15 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

So the entire class basically lost their crap and went wild? Ouch, I know that feeling. Some of my teachers had trouble controlling our class of nine.

Poof! Poof! Glitter Boots!
11-12-2016 08:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A girl swore at me for just going to my lesson Marlena403 12 8,882 06-15-2017 09:42 AM
Last Post: Gwedin
  Worst English Teacher Ever NightThoughts 16 13,359 06-11-2017 04:22 AM
Last Post: Marlena403
  My English Teacher Subb 13 7,179 05-05-2017 02:50 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  My English teacher lied to the Head of English about my homework Marlena403 12 6,259 04-29-2017 10:18 AM
Last Post: James Comey
Wink Worst lesson ever rhyspatten 1 2,416 04-18-2016 09:31 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Anyone want some lesson plans? SoulRiser 2 6,432 09-16-2015 11:39 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  first day in school, horrible Cianna200 4 2,757 09-12-2015 02:40 PM
Last Post: schoolsux
  Gatto's "Greatest History Lesson" Brus 0 1,858 09-02-2014 09:20 AM
Last Post: Brus
  And you thought American schools were horrible... Christian Hellhound 5 3,014 04-23-2014 08:55 AM
Last Post: Christian Hellhound
  My horrible life V2.0 WhatEvenIsThis 4 5,092 12-02-2013 05:12 AM
Last Post: xcriteria