RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Poll: Who did you vote for in the US Memelections?
Shillary
Drumpf
I memed my vote away
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump won
sswbm Offline
Revolutionary

Given 192 thank(s) in 120 post(s)
RE: Trump won

(01-07-2017 04:04 PM)Zeta Wrote:  I find it odd that anyone on this forum could be sad that Trump won - he will be the only president since Regan to even support weakening the education system.

What political issue could be a greater concern than our entire population being forced to waste the first 1/5 of their lives? Aside from abortion if you're of the pro-life persuasion (since that's 1/5 of our population being outright denied their lives), I don't see how someone could dispute that this is the absolute biggest problem in our nation. And Trump has sworn to begin taking up our cause and making tangible progress within the first 100 days.

Do you think one of the Democrats, who want to effectively add four more years to our education system (with public community college), would somehow help our cause?

Let people be afraid of a person who's compared to Hitler sometimes.
01-07-2017 09:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Username Offline
Drunkard

Given 228 thank(s) in 166 post(s)

>what political issue could be a greater concern than our entire population being forced to waste the first 1/5 of their lives

You really can't think of one?
01-08-2017 12:28 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
no Offline
True Scotsman

Given 474 thank(s) in 299 post(s)

Economics.

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

People are allowed to change their views.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
01-08-2017 02:22 AM
Zeta Offline
Rebel

Given 16 thank(s) in 9 post(s)
Trump won

Quote: Let people be afraid of a person who's compared to Hitler sometimes.

He's compared to Hitler by the exact same people who put you in the chains of the education system - why would you believe them when they say anything about oppression?

It's ridiculous fearmongering of the same exact sort you hear when people say that we need mandatory public education because otherwise the streets would be filled with roving gangs of criminal youths.
01-08-2017 05:26 AM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
sswbm Offline
Revolutionary

(01-08-2017 02:22 AM)no Wrote:  Economics.

Environmentally unfriendly vacuum cleaners.
01-08-2017 11:24 PM
 Thanks given by: no
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

I voted for Bernie in the primary. My state voted for Trump though. Fucking Florida.
We at least managed to pass a medicinal marijuana bill, and voted down a snake in the grass constitutional amendment that would have allowed the power companies (Duke Energy namely) to keep their energy monopoly by allowing them control of solar power.
Luckily even the dumbasses that voted in Rick Scott as governor twice and elected Trump weren't stupid enough to fall for the fake "pro-solar" shtick.

I really would have liked to see Bernie in the White House. He would have stood a chance against trump, but instead we got Hillary as the democratic nominee.I still voted for her in the general though. Next to Trump there's basically no question. Should I vote for the establishment candidate with experience and a presidential attitude? Or a loud mouthed, racist, misogynistic, hate mongering, greedy, self serving, pile of shit with tiny tiny hamster fingers?
God help us all these next four years. If he somehow manages to make it that long without the whole thing blowing up in his face.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 12:40 PM by Thought Criminal.)
01-09-2017 12:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Trump won

Quote:He's compared to Hitler by the exact same people who put you in the chains of the education system - why would you believe them when they say anything about oppression?
Have you actually heard the stuff Trump says? Read the stuff he posts online? You support this awful hateful human being just because of one issue he claims to stand for (and he has claimed and un-claimed many things) which is sort of vaguely maybe possibly useful to people who hate school... maybe. Have you really thought this through?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
01-10-2017 01:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
no Offline
True Scotsman

(01-09-2017 12:39 PM)Thought Criminal Wrote:  Rick Scott

Don't you mean Dick Skeletor?

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
01-10-2017 04:41 AM
Zeta Offline
Rebel

(01-10-2017 01:43 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  which is sort of vaguely maybe possibly useful to people who hate school

He wants to dismantle the DoE, and the Secretary of Education that he's appointed is a bitter opponent of the public school system. She wants to institute a school voucher program that would give parents thousands of dollars if they choose to not send their children to public school.

Wouldn't this be so much of what we've dreamed about? The iron fist of the Federal government that held us all in school is going to turn to one made of paper mache. What path was there for us to victory without someone doing something like this?

Do you think the Democrats would be on our side? They want to effectively make college mandatory as well. They are the biggest proponents of mandatory, public education.

Their education push this election season was free college. College degrees are already becoming almost a necessity in the job market, like high school diplomas became. Once that had been instituted, it would first be 2 and then before long 4 more years of mandatory or effectively mandatory school.

So see? You've been lied to about Trump - they are deceiving you just like they did about you needing their system. He is our ally, they are our opponents.

What's some stuff you've heard about him that sounds so bad? If we look at it, we can see that it was just more of their propaganda.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 10:26 AM by Zeta.)
01-15-2017 10:23 AM
no Offline
True Scotsman

(01-15-2017 10:23 AM)Zeta Wrote:  What's some stuff you've heard about him that sounds so bad? If we look at it, we can see that it was just more of their propaganda.

He's advocated war crimes and been cavalier when discussing nuclear weapons.

Hello, traveler.

01-16-2017 12:24 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Trump won

Quote:What's some stuff you've heard about him that sounds so bad? If we look at it, we can see that it was just more of their propaganda.

It's really not hard to find with a simple internet search.

http://www.glaad.org/tap/donald-trump
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-ele...ns-n547801
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arch...ls/474726/

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
01-16-2017 07:08 AM
Zeta Offline
Rebel

(01-16-2017 07:08 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  It's really not hard to find with a simple internet search.

That's a colossal number of claims to go over - let's take it down to size. Out of all of those, which do you consider to be the worst?

Also, I'm extremely surprised to see the very founder of this website putting minor things like Trump using rough language or his stance on marriage over a massive leap forward for the cause. Its like if abolitionists didn't rally behind Lincoln because they didn't like his tariff policy. Does this cause not massively overshadow all others for you?
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2017 10:21 AM by Zeta.)
01-16-2017 10:11 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Trump won

Quote:Also, I'm extremely surprised to see the very founder of this website putting minor things like Trump using rough language or his stance on marriage over a massive leap forward for the cause. Its like if abolitionists didn't rally behind Lincoln because they didn't like his tariff policy. Does this cause not massively overshadow all others for you?
Minor things like Trump. Laugh
An indecisive lunatic as president of the most powerful country in the world is a minor thing? That's hilarious.

This cause does not overshadow all others, either. There are a lot of things wrong with the world, and school is far from the worst. It's actually a symptom of worse things. Like ageism, and a general disrespect of young people across the world, which is a symptom of people being disconnected from their true feelings, which can be a symptom of many things, but I suppose it all boils down to being abused as a child and not healing from that as an adult. Fucked up parents are far worse than school, and in fact, if school was optional they'd still be a problem. And also, if parents weren't fucked up, school wouldn't be a problem, because the parents would be sensible enough to not force their kids to go there.

There is no magical law change or political policy that will fix things. The problem is with people's mindset, especially parents.

More info here: http://eqi.org/eabuse1.htm

Quote:That's a colossal number of claims to go over - let's take it down to size. Out of all of those, which do you consider to be the worst?
The fact that he can't make up his mind about any of them and therefore nobody has the faintest clue what he's actually going to do. The only thing he seems to "stand for" is confusion and lies.

I feel like responding to you is a pointless waste of time because it seems like no matter what anyone says, or no matter what Trump himself says or does, you will just blindly follow him no matter what. If he told you to jump off a bridge, would you? What do you even like about him? Is it just that one education policy that makes you support him?

Hidden stuff:
01-16-2017 09:21 PM
Alucard483 Offline
Site Mod

Given 92 thank(s) in 65 post(s)

I voted Gary Johnson, because third party was the only good option this year.

Whilst some work diligently there are those who ask why. I am one of them
(\__/) This is Bunny. Paste Bunny into your signature
(='.'=) to help him gain world domination.
(")_(")
Soul#2: I already have a grip. Doc:and a porno mag and a tube of lube I'm sure"
Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
This has been a test of the emergency pointless argument system. Had this been a real pointless argument, someone would have been called a facist.
Ceiling Cat: For that you need to wear a fursuit, though.

Inside sources say that Carla Franklin has had more dick in her than a public urinal.
01-17-2017 03:09 AM
Zeta Offline
Rebel

(01-16-2017 09:21 PM)SoulRiser Wrote:  This cause does not overshadow all others, either. There are a lot of things wrong with the world, and school is far from the worst

The major difference between the worse issues and this one is that everyone agrees the others are problems. There are huge, international organizations and movements dedicated to things like providing everyone with clean water or fighting child abuse. But this is the issue that causes the most harm that almost nobody is talking about. To my knowledge, this is pretty much the only major forum dedicated to it.

So given our lack of allies, we have to take whatever friends we can get. If we're going to win this, then we need to be smart, and we need to be united.

Plus you're forgetting that this issue is a huge contributor to all the others. Take child abuse, for example. One of the things that's most likely to produce in child abuse is poverty.

And as I'm sure you agree, the school system massively enforces the cycle of poverty. Poor children do worse in and are more likely to drop out of school, and as a result are locked out of jobs that could get them out of poverty. So ending this system will even be a blow to child abuse!

And to relate to a universally-recognized, worse problem that I'm involved in myself, look at the water shortages in Africa. Children have to work hours every day simply to get water to their homes.

I support a charity with 1/5 of my income that builds wells in these areas so that they don't have to do this. But then what does the charity say to celebrate once they finally liberate them? They talk about how great it is that the kids can now go to school.

The destructive education system makes almost every problem in the world worse.

Quote:There is no magical law change or political policy that will fix things

That isn't true! Think about slavery. Back then you could easily say, "The problem is with people's mindset", and you'd be right.

But slavery was only possible because the legal system allowed it to be. A few strokes of the right pens, and it was gone forever. Did that solve the root of the problem? Of course not - but it cut the most of the thorns that that root grows.

The education system only exists because of the laws, and the laws can end it just as easily.

And often, people's mindsets change with the laws! Think of slavery once again. Once it was abolished, the racism that produced it was weakened as well. Its much easier to become a racist in a world where a race is beaten-down and dehumanized, and where everyone around you is allowed to do so. When that race is standing beside you as equals and they have all the same dignities, it is much harder for those ideas to take root.

Ageism can be similar. Break young people out of their slavery, and they finally stand a chance against those that hate them. Is it surprising they have no voice in a society where they're legally required to go somewhere and be silent all day?

Quote:The fact that he can't make up his mind about any of them

Right but there were lots of claimed examples of that. Which one would you say is the worst?

A lot of them are simply taking anything that even seems slightly incongruous and saying "A-HA! HE'S CHANGED HIS MIND!"

Like when he was asked if some places on the border wall might use a fence instead of a wall where it made more geographic sense, and said that they would. That's simply basic sense: obviously a barrier thousands of miles long isn't going to be identical everywhere, and obviously in some places a fence is more sensible than a wall. No one in their right mind would say otherwise.

But then what were the headlines? "TRUMP FLIP-FLOPS ON WALL, SAYS WILL NOW BE A BORDER FENCE". I had friends text me telling me that now he was just going to put up a border fence now.

Don't you see how absurd that is? All of these examples are equally silly. It is propaganda brought to you from the exact same mouths that spout how much we need forced education.

Quote:What do you even like about him? Is it just that one education policy that makes you support him?

Is it so surprising that someone who scoured the internet to find a forum dedicated to abolishing public education would support the only candidate to even speak about that in decades?
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2017 03:37 PM by Zeta.)
01-17-2017 03:16 PM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
the Analogist Offline
Connector of Dots

Given 434 thank(s) in 261 post(s)

I don't think vouchers can be used for homeschools or Sudbury schools. They can be used to subsidize highly expensive white bread "Christian" schools. If my sons or daughter want to go to an Islamic madrassa I'd be SOL unless it magically becomes accredited somehow. This lady is a piece of shit who gives dumb answers to easy and basic questions. She can't effectively hold her own in being challenged.

True freedom in education wont happen so long as the right is nervous about what free black and mexicans do with their freedom (drugs/reefer) and the left wont help either because the poor wont have equal access to school choice unless funded somehow. The US is totalitarian. Whatever they fund they must manage and they must manage EVERYTHING.

Nobody here wants freedom, they want to make white america great again by narrow upper-class standards.

Purity is to Believe only that which deserves it.
Wisdom is to follow only the Opinion which makes the best use of evidence.
Excellence is to be mindful of all these things in Living.
Follow me on Twitter!
01-21-2017 02:51 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

I don't get why people are so upset over Trump being president.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
01-21-2017 05:02 PM
 Thanks given by: ComradeDaryl
the Analogist Offline
Connector of Dots

its because the billionaire class and billionaire values have driven our country into the ground, and now we've elected a billionaire who is doing nothing but appoint other billionaires to run things.

also he is an oaf

Follow me on Twitter!
01-22-2017 04:50 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
Zeta Offline
Rebel

(01-21-2017 02:51 PM)the Analogist Wrote:  I don't think vouchers can be used for homeschools or Sudbury schools.

Nah they can - Betsy DeVos is a strong supporter of homeschooling especially. You could use the vouchers for a Sudbury school as much as any other sort of school, by all indications. The level of freedom this will create in education is immense!

Quote:Nobody here wants freedom, they want to make white america great again by narrow upper-class standards.

Man this forum is a mess. It seems like it's filled with a bunch of gloomy do-nothings who have absolutely no intention of even trying to actually get anything done, and if they do then no realistic, practical plans about how to do it. Moses could take you out of Egypt and you'd complain about all the walking.

Get focused and cheer up, people! Our victory is unfolding right before your eyes. You have to ask yourself: are you going to be a real part of it?
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2017 05:14 PM by Zeta.)
01-24-2017 05:09 PM
the Analogist Offline
Connector of Dots

gloomy do nothings? I have 4 kids that I intend to homeschool/unschool. I do hope some will want to study Islam in some official capacity. I'll believe in change when I see some federal money come my way outside of EIC (which by the way stops increasing after 3 kids)

also, with what little time I have, I'm researching for a book on educational philosophy

Follow me on Twitter!
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2017 08:39 PM by the Analogist.)
01-24-2017 08:37 PM
 Thanks given by: no , Zeta
Geicosuave Offline
Gay Ass Demon

Given 69 thank(s) in 40 post(s)

Quote: Nah they can - Betsy DeVos is a strong supporter of homeschooling especially.
You know what ELSE she supports? Fucking child labor. In fucking coal mines. Because she said it wold be more exiting. She's also a big player in the fight against marriage equality. And no, the vouchers would only go out to white christian schools. Insinuating that anything related to Trump would HELP Muslims in any way is just asinine

Quote: Man this forum is a mess. It seems like it's filled with a bunch of gloomy do-nothings who have absolutely no intention of even trying to actually get anything done,

The marches. That's all there is to say on that.

well would you look at the time its time to gay
01-25-2017 10:20 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

(11-22-2016 03:41 PM)ComradeDaryl Wrote:  The U.S. is not, and never was a democracy of any kind in the first place. It was oligarchy/plutocracy from day one. The American founding fathers were almost all very rich and almost all of them were racist and owned slaves.

Take a look at the electoral college for example. It's a very undemocratic institution to begin with. I personally admire a direct democracy.

Aren't you just a special one?

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
01-25-2017 11:02 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

(01-24-2017 05:09 PM)Zeta Wrote:  
(01-21-2017 02:51 PM)the Analogist Wrote:  I don't think vouchers can be used for homeschools or Sudbury schools.

Nah they can - Betsy DeVos is a strong supporter of homeschooling especially. You could use the vouchers for a Sudbury school as much as any other sort of school, by all indications. The level of freedom this will create in education is immense!

Quote:Nobody here wants freedom, they want to make white america great again by narrow upper-class standards.

Man this forum is a mess. It seems like it's filled with a bunch of gloomy do-nothings who have absolutely no intention of even trying to actually get anything done, and if they do then no realistic, practical plans about how to do it. Moses could take you out of Egypt and you'd complain about all the walking.

Get focused and cheer up, people! Our victory is unfolding right before your eyes. You have to ask yourself: are you going to be a real part of it?

We have idiots in government coining terms like alt-fact because they disagree with facts and prefer lies. What victory are you talking about? This country is about to go full retard and justify it with Jesus. If you haven't noticed, the idiot in chief can barely string together a coherent sentence.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2017 02:24 PM by brainiac3397.)
01-25-2017 02:23 PM
 Thanks given by: no , SoulRiser
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Trump won

Quote:Man this forum is a mess. It seems like it's filled with a bunch of gloomy do-nothings who have absolutely no intention of even trying to actually get anything done, and if they do then no realistic, practical plans about how to do it. Moses could take you out of Egypt and you'd complain about all the walking.
Man your head is a mess. It seems like it's filled with a bunch of crazy voices who have absolutely no intention of allowing you to actually see reality, and if they do, then some of the others will convince you that it's just lies and propaganda anyway. Moses could dump you in the middle of Egypt with no water or shoes and you'd still worship him because he gave you a half-baked cookie.

Hidden stuff:
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2017 04:51 AM by SoulRiser.)
01-26-2017 04:48 AM
the Analogist Offline
Connector of Dots

SR, everyone knows cookies are Persian. jeez!

Follow me on Twitter!
01-26-2017 05:50 AM
sswbm Offline
Revolutionary

(01-24-2017 05:09 PM)Zeta Wrote:  Man this forum is a mess. It seems like it's filled with a bunch of gloomy do-nothings who have absolutely no intention of even trying to actually get anything done, and if they do then no realistic, practical plans about how to do it.

I'll agree with th-

(01-24-2017 05:09 PM)Zeta Wrote:  Our victory is unfolding right before your eyes.

Rofl
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2017 08:55 AM by sswbm.)
01-26-2017 07:00 AM
 Thanks given by: no , ComradeDaryl
the Analogist Offline
Connector of Dots

writing is not doing nothing. providing emotional support is not nothing. referring people to resources is not nothing.

the nature of our concern leaves little room for victory since we are annoyed about a generalized injustice that can probably never be eraticated.

if the enemy is evil, are we being gloomy do nothings by staying alive and maintaining an underground of mutual support?

Follow me on Twitter!
01-26-2017 10:53 AM
 Thanks given by: no , SoulRiser
Superkamiguru Offline
Resistance Leader

Given 84 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

(01-26-2017 10:53 AM)the Analogist Wrote:  writing is not doing nothing. providing emotional support is not nothing. referring people to resources is not nothing.

the nature of our concern leaves little room for victory since we are annoyed about a generalized injustice that can probably never be eraticated.

Use a stronger word,that kinda underplays it.

Hidden stuff:
"CONSENSUAL incest is not wrong. (Abuse victims: being abused by a relative does not make it wrong for others to have consensual incest, any more than rape by a stranger makes all sex wrong. Sex and assault/molestation are two different things.) An aversion became common in humans that aided in population growth as one disease couldn't wipe out the human race. That's not a problem anymore.

Consensual incest is very common. You know people who have been involved, whether you know it or not.

There is no rational reason for keeping laws or taboos against consensual
incest that is consistently applied to other relationships. Personal disgust or religion is only a reason why one person would not want to personally engage in what I call consanguinamory, not why someone else shouldn't do it. An adult should be free to share love, sex, residence, and marriage with ANY consenting adults. Youthful experimentation between close relatives close in age is not uncommon, and there are more people than you'd think out there who are in lifelong healthy, happy relationships with a close relative. It isn't for everyone, but we're not all going to want to have each others' love lives, now are we? If someone thinks YOUR love life is disgusting, should you be thrown in prison?

Some people try to justify their prejudice against consanguineous sex and
marriage by being part-time eugenicists and saying that such relationships inevitably lead to “mutant” or “deformed” babies. This argument can be refuted on several fronts. 1. Some consanguineous relationships involve only people of the same gender. 2. Not all mixed-gender relationships birth biological children. 3. Most births to consanguineous parents do not produce children with significant birth defects or other genetic problems; while births to other parents do sometimes have birth defects. 4. We don’t prevent other people from marrying or deny them their reproductive rights based on increased odds of passing along a genetic problem or inherited disease. It is true that in general, children born to consanguineous parents have an increased chance of these problems than those born to nonconsanguineous parents, but the odds are still minimal. Unless someone is willing to deny reproductive rights and medical privacy to others and force everyone to take genetic tests and bar carriers and the congenitally disabled and women over 35 from having children, then equal protection principles prevent this from being a justification to bar this freedom of association and freedom to marry.

Some say "Your sibling should not be your lover." That is not a reason. It begs the question. Many people have many relationships that have more than one aspect. Some women say their sister is their best friend. Why can’t their sister be a wife, too?

Some say “There is a power differential.” This applies least of all to siblings or cousins who are close in age, but even where the power differential exists, it is not a justification for denying this freedom to sex or to marry. There is a power differential in just about any relationship, sometimes an enormous power differential. To question if consent is truly possible in these cases is insulting and demeaning.

Some say “There are so many people outside of your family." There are plenty of people within one’s own race, too, but that is no reason to ban interracial marriage. So, this isn't a good reason either. Let consenting adults love each other the way they want!"-Keith Pullman

01-26-2017 12:24 PM
Zeta Offline
Rebel

(01-24-2017 08:37 PM)the Analogist Wrote:  I have 4 kids that I intend to homeschool/unschool.

Which is excellent! That's an amazing thing and you should genuinely be proud for doing so. That and the book you're writing are real, positive action.

So the only issue is:

Quote: I'll believe in change when I see some federal money come my way

Don't be so down! You're right on the cusp of seeing exactly that!

All we have to do is support our allies in their current push and this will be a reality
01-27-2017 11:44 AM
Geicosuave Offline
Gay Ass Demon

Given 69 thank(s) in 40 post(s)

Honestly, Trump lies, and probably wont do anything good with education. And everything else he's doing outweighs is by a very, very, VERY, long shot.

well would you look at the time its time to gay
01-27-2017 01:19 PM