RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Oh boy, I shall see you all in thirty days! (I hope not)
AnyOptions Offline
Rebel

Given 23 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Edit: Holy shit. Sorry about the thread posting FIVE TIMES. It won't let me delete the threatds. Please delete asap.

The entire time I've been doing online school, I've had a shit ton of technical issues. Stuff doesn't load, freezes, etc. Mind you, this website for my online school looks like it was built in 2000 with the prototype flashplayer. I haven't seen a single reference in the lessons to a computer that isn't a gateway monster.

Now I get to see my PO this friday. We are supposed to meet every two weeks, but she completely blew us off for the last month. Did not respond to calls, etc. We did everything short of driving down to the juvenile court and asking to see her (with my mom's work schedule that would never be possible). I am not sure how well informed my PO is of my technical issues. I'm worried I'm going to walk in on friday and get handcuffed on the spot. I mean, it has happened to me before....

Picture it. Sicily. 1940. (Anybody get that Golden Girls reference? Mwahaha)

But really, it was may. 18th or 19th or something like that. I was in court getting ruled upon. Judge goes "I'm going to find you guilty of violation of probation. I declare you shall be fined (around 100 dollars) in court costs of fee. You shall complete a mental health evaluation. You shall complete 24 hours of community service.)

My family takes a collective sigh. Prematurely. About 10 seconds after reading these things off.

"You shall also complete a period of detainment in the Juvenile Detention Facility for a period of five days, from may 19th to may 24th. You shall be taken into the Detention Center starting tonight, at this time, on may 18. This shall not be counted towards time served"

Bam. Sucker punched. It was so bad in that jdc. It was so cold. The cells were covered in something yellow. Racial slurs covered the walls. I feel like sometime in the future I will have some emotional issues involving JDC. It was really bad. You all never want to go there. Trust me.

Anyway, I've heard it tossed around that I was "lucky" not to be sentenced to thirty days (because, even though I was doing very well with online school and having no technical issues at the time, taking me away from my source of learning somehow was HELPING ME). I am worried that my PO is unaware of the issues I have faced and that I will be indited on the spot. Or, at the very least, held for around 24 hours until I could be put on trial and explain how I was literally unable to complete schoolwork.

Or maybe the judge doesn't like me, says it isn't an excuse, and will sentence me to 30-90 days, or even to a Youth Detention Facility.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2016 06:47 PM by AnyOptions.)
10-04-2016 06:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sadly_Not Offline
Town Idiot

Given 15 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Wow that's horrible. I guess just stay tough and well... Anyway who designs an education site in flash. Horrible, horrible idea.

Poof! Poof! Glitter Boots!
10-04-2016 10:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

What the hell is wrong with those people... do they even have any braincells at all... those aren't even questions... sigh. Cuckoo

Good luck. Salute

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-06-2016 11:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UnicornLionWolf Offline
Revolutionary

Given 49 thank(s) in 35 post(s)
RE: Oh boy, I shall see you all in thirty days! (I hope not)

I wonder what online school you went to. I spent time in one, they eventually gave me a new computer when the first wasn't working too well.

UnicornLionWolf
GoogleNospamdogeBanana
10-15-2016 03:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Almost fail my chemistry test for being thirty seconds late. Sharpie 12 5,698 02-09-2012 08:58 AM
Last Post: Dirtbikemike
  Suspended for 3 days ISS for 2 days because of WHAT!!!!!! SolarGamer 17 5,245 05-19-2007 12:26 AM
Last Post: Thanatos Charr Overlord