RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"You Autistic Furry!"
Missile Offline
с гордостью девственница

Given 112 thank(s) in 82 post(s)
"You Autistic Furry!"

A common insult used against furries and bronies and similar groups is "autistic".
I have autism and I'm a furry, so I'm not really offended by it.

But do you think people with autism are more likely to be furries/bronies or part of a similar group? (I think so)

Wake up people, and look at life around you
http://debunking911.com/?no_redirect=true

[Image: DK3ygqj.gif]
02-09-2015 12:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
"You Autistic Furry!"

It's probably just a trend.

Like hipsters identified by fedoras, or maybe vice-versa. I don't know. The point is that the chicken laid the egg, and now the egg is becoming the chicken. Or the egg became the chicken, and the chicken laid the egg.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
02-09-2015 12:57 PM
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

Given 244 thank(s) in 167 post(s)
"You Autistic Furry!"

Autistic as an insult is just a dumb insult spread by 4chan wannabees and people who take Encyclopedia Dramatica seriously. Also, I do believe that autistics are more likely to be in internet fandoms in general, from SuperWhoLock to Sonic, but especially the more socially awkward fandoms such as Brony or Furry.

City YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/kfcnyancat
City Tumblr: http://kfcnyancat.tumblr.com (no longer operational due to personal issues)

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" - Donald Rumsfeld

For anyone who remembers me going on an archive binge: Thank you all. I know I ended it being a drama queen, I don't really agree with the ideology anymore, and I'm really not the same person I was (I went through a neopagan phase!) but still this site was the first online community I was in. I graduated from school and turned 18. Time flies. KFC Nyan Cat, June 20, 2019.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 04:39 AM by KFC Nyan Cat.)
02-10-2015 04:36 AM
Missile Offline
с гордостью девственница

Given 112 thank(s) in 82 post(s)
RE: "You Autistic Furry!"

I already knew that "autistic" was an insult used by the people with low I.Q.s on such websites. And since I've seen so many furries/bronies get called "autistic", I was wondering if that had some truth to it, because it somewhat does

Wake up people, and look at life around you
http://debunking911.com/?no_redirect=true

[Image: DK3ygqj.gif]
02-10-2015 08:24 AM
Dikont5 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 54 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

(02-09-2015 12:57 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  It's probably just a trend.

Like hipsters identified by fedoras, or maybe vice-versa. I don't know. The point is that the chicken laid the egg, and now the egg is becoming the chicken. Or the egg became the chicken, and the chicken laid the egg.

What Brainiac said.

[Image: ninetales.gif]
[Image: poly12e.php?p1=74&p2=64&...amp;p12=49]
02-10-2015 01:11 PM
Username Offline
Drunkard

Given 228 thank(s) in 166 post(s)

(02-10-2015 04:36 AM)KFC Nyan Cat Wrote:  Autistic as an insult is just a dumb insult spread by 4chan wannabees and people who take Encyclopedia Dramatica seriously.

Oh come on, using autism to label someone is simple banter. Although I'd still find it quite odd if it started seeping into people's vocabulary and became commonplace outside the Internet, much like the word "retard" or "faggot" did back in the day.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2015 06:15 AM by Username.)
02-11-2015 06:14 AM
vonunov Offline
Badgrr

Given 186 thank(s) in 126 post(s)

Lel, now I know your username on FAF.
02-11-2015 10:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

(02-11-2015 06:14 AM)Username Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 04:36 AM)KFC Nyan Cat Wrote:  Autistic as an insult is just a dumb insult spread by 4chan wannabees and people who take Encyclopedia Dramatica seriously.

Oh come on, using autism to label someone is simple banter. Although I'd still find it quite odd if it started seeping into people's vocabulary and became commonplace outside the Internet, much like the word "retard" or "faggot" did back in the day.

I used to think that too. Then, I went on Reddit and found what people comment on people who browse /r/mylittlepony (on posts that have nothing to do with MLP, mind you.)

City Tumblr: http://kfcnyancat.tumblr.com (no longer operational due to personal issues)

For anyone who remembers me going on an archive binge: Thank you all. I know I ended it being a drama queen, I don't really agree with the ideology anymore, and I'm really not the same person I was (I went through a neopagan phase!) but still this site was the first online community I was in. I graduated from school and turned 18. Time flies. KFC Nyan Cat, June 20, 2019.
02-11-2015 12:34 PM
Username Offline
Drunkard

lol, reddit
02-12-2015 12:05 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

Bull-shit. It's not playful banter, It's a stupid insult used by complete idiots who have no idea what autism even is. And you know what's the worst thing about calling people autistic/retarded? (those are not the same thing) it's that people are singling them out based solely on perceived low intelligence against an entire group of persons, marginalizing them due to prejudice; because of this, people have somehow decided that these are acceptable targets. But y'know what? discrimination is discrimination, and again, they're singling people out due to a perceived prejudiced flaw, but ONLY only autistics and developmentally disabled people; if you pulled this shit on any other disorder/disability OH SUDDENLY IT WOULDN'T BE SO ACCEPTABLE NOW WOULD IT?

If people went around saying shit like "You're bipolar; you're as worthless and subhuman as a person with bipolar." That would be really fucking offensive wouldn't it?

And why stop there? What about someone "as worthless as: a person inna wheelchair, a depressed person, an obsessive-compulsive, a cancer victim, a post-traumatic stress disorder victim, etc."

That would be really fucking unacceptable to say, but somehow making the same discrimination against autistics and developmentally disableds (the now neutral term for "retarded" which I find fine) gets a free fucking pass because LOL WHO CARES ABOUT STUPID PPL?

This isn't playful banter it's discrimination and it's hurting actual people. Fuck bigots, fuck discrimination, and most importantly, fuck people using them as insults.
---------------------------------
Aside from that no I don't think furries or bronies and their respective fandoms draw more autistics in, I think it's just selective perception. And its not like we have statistic to tell us how much of the fandom is actually autistic.

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
02-12-2015 01:20 AM
 Thanks given by: James Comey , Missile , schoolsux
Username Offline
Drunkard

(02-12-2015 01:20 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  they're singling people out due to a perceived prejudiced flaw, but ONLY only autistics and developmentally disabled people; if you pulled this shit on any other disorder/disability OH SUDDENLY IT WOULDN'T BE SO ACCEPTABLE NOW WOULD IT?

If people went around saying shit like "You're bipolar; you're as worthless and subhuman as a person with bipolar." That would be really fucking offensive wouldn't it?

Not quite, if you happen to live in a crude country, nobody gives a fuck about humans that have Down's, depression or, in this case, autism, alongside any other major mental disorder. You can't change people not to use those words as insults or for the purpose of humour. Even if you confronted them about it and they listened to you even a little bit, they'd just stop using that word and cease telling those jokes specifically around you. No point in getting in a hissy-fit over it, the best way I'd approach it, would be to wait it out until a new word pops out that ousts the problematic slur ("retarded" taken over by "disabled").
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 03:50 AM by Username.)
02-12-2015 03:45 AM
isolatedsystem Offline
Revolutionary

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

People can joke about who have Down's syndrome but one person in my town have it and manage to win multiple medals. She is an international champion on swimming .
02-12-2015 04:20 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

(02-12-2015 03:45 AM)Username Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 01:20 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  they're singling people out due to a perceived prejudiced flaw, but ONLY only autistics and developmentally disabled people; if you pulled this shit on any other disorder/disability OH SUDDENLY IT WOULDN'T BE SO ACCEPTABLE NOW WOULD IT?

Not quite, if you happen to live in a crude country, nobody gives a fuck about humans that have Down's, depression or, in this case, autism, alongside any other major mental disorder. You can't change people not to use those words as insults or for the purpose of humour. Even if you confronted them about it and they listened to you even a little bit, they'd just stop using that word and cease telling those jokes specifically around you. No point in getting in a hissy-fit over it, the best way I'd approach it, would be to wait it out until a new word pops out that ousts the problematic slur ("retarded" taken over by "disabled").

Just because we can't stop it completely doesn't mean we shouldn't care. People who use them as insults aren't worth a damn. Letting bad shit happen creates the perfect environment for more bad shit to happen.

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
02-12-2015 09:41 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

(02-12-2015 01:20 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  

Bull-shit. It's not playful banter, It's a stupid insult used by complete idiots who have no idea what autism even is. And you know what's the worst thing about calling people autistic/retarded? (those are not the same thing) it's that people are singling them out based solely on perceived low intelligence against an entire group of persons, marginalizing them due to prejudice; because of this, people have somehow decided that these are acceptable targets. But y'know what? discrimination is discrimination, and again, they're singling people out due to a perceived prejudiced flaw, but ONLY only autistics and developmentally disabled people; if you pulled this shit on any other disorder/disability OH SUDDENLY IT WOULDN'T BE SO ACCEPTABLE NOW WOULD IT?

And why stop there? What about someone "as worthless as: a person inna wheelchair, a depressed person, an obsessive-compulsive, a cancer victim, a post-traumatic stress disorder victim, etc."

That would be really fucking unacceptable to say, but somehow making the same discrimination against autistics and developmentally disableds (the now neutral term for "retarded" which I find fine) gets a free fucking pass because LOL WHO CARES ABOUT STUPID PPL?

This isn't playful banter it's discrimination and it's hurting actual people. Fuck bigots, fuck discrimination, and most importantly, fuck people using them as insults.
---------------------------------
Aside from that no I don't think furries or bronies and their respective fandoms draw more autistics in, I think it's just selective perception. And its not like we have statistic to tell us how much of the fandom is actually autistic.

Watch on YouTube

02-12-2015 10:25 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

(02-12-2015 01:20 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  This isn't playful banter it's discrimination and it's hurting actual people.

Really?

Better call the police there's been an aggravated assault! Somebody called me a retard!

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
02-13-2015 12:48 AM
 Thanks given by: SwiftEscudo
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

(02-13-2015 12:48 AM)Weswammy Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 01:20 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  This isn't playful banter it's discrimination and it's hurting actual people.

Really?

Better call the police there's been an aggravated assault! Somebody called me a retard!

Discrimination builds bad environments for more discrimination. Why do people seem to not understand that there are real people behind those computer screens? You are insulting and affecting real people? What is so hard to understand about this? What kind of asshole harasses people online for no reason? They can't physically hurt people you know I meant that don't turn it into a fucking strawman, Wez. Sure people have a right act like idiots on the internet, noone is stopping you (except maybe mods) but the real question is why would you want to?

What is wrong with some people?

KFC, showing some shitty video from an even shittier game does not invalidate my argument.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2015 05:24 AM by Sociopath.)
02-14-2015 05:12 AM
 Thanks given by: vonunov , Missile , Dikont5 , schoolsux
James Comey Away
Banished Oldfaf in Exile

Given 2293 thank(s) in 1517 post(s)

Really?

Discrimination comes in all forms. There's simple name-calling as you described, and then there's actual assault. Wes, this is an awful double standard. You're implying that an insult is somehow not discriminatory. This basically means I can go out right now and straight up call a black person a n*gger, and somehow, it's not discrimination because I didn't hurt them physically.

What awful logic.

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP VONUNOV
RIP WES/THEWAKE
RIP USERNAME

[Image: Nas-One-Love.jpg]

Stop jerking off to porn and whining and do something about it

Make School Survival Great Again - MSSGA

Hidden stuff:

[Image: BallsofSteel2.png]
[Image: mg_michelle_2020.png]
02-15-2015 05:15 AM
 Thanks given by: Sociopath , SoulRiser , Missile
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

(02-14-2015 05:12 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  

Really?

Discrimination builds bad environments for more discrimination. Why do people seem to not understand that there are real people behind those computer screens? You are insulting and affecting real people? What is so hard to understand about this? What kind of asshole harasses people online for no reason? They can't physically hurt people you know I meant that don't turn it into a fucking strawman, Wez. Sure people have a right act like idiots on the internet, noone is stopping you (except maybe mods) but the real question is why would you want to?

KFC, showing some shitty video from an even shittier game does not invalidate my argument.

But that's what your posts feel like. A big fucking tactical nuke of BAWWWWWW because we might hurt someones' feels even though nobody asked. Fuck you.

02-15-2015 11:00 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

(02-15-2015 11:00 AM)KFC Nyan Cat Wrote:  
(02-14-2015 05:12 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  

Really?

But that's what your posts feel like. A big fucking tactical nuke of BAWWWWWW because we might hurt someones' feels even though nobody asked. Fuck you.
Eat shit. You know that wasn't was I was getting at. You people and your fucking strawmans.

Nobody asked you either.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
02-15-2015 11:22 AM
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

Sociopath Wrote:Eat shit. You know that wasn't was I was getting at. You people and your fucking strawmans.

Nobody asked you either.

How was that not what you were getting at? The furry thread was a fucking old-ass comedy thread (but I did go a bit too far; I don't actually believe furries are involved in bestiality and I just got caught up in your bullshit.) As for TheAmazingAsswad, like it or not, his sex tapes are perverted and he's an e-begging shithead. And this, you are BAWWWWWing about insults like they are the worst fucking thing in the world! If you really think that insults hurt people that badly, you really need to stop getting your perception of people from Tumblr.

Nobody asked you to defend *insert person or group here.* You asked to be criticized due to the fact that you come of as a dumbass who defends people for no reason. Go rally for legal bestiality for all I care, just stop the BAWWWing.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2015 02:25 PM by KFC Nyan Cat.)
02-15-2015 02:23 PM
James Comey Away
Banished Oldfaf in Exile

KFC, if you think insults aren't so bad, than you really need to think of the bigger picture (which is where Sociopath is arguing from). Do you really think that it's positive for the word "autistic" in its current use? I don't care if it's being used in the inner-depths of 4chan or whatever god-foresaken area of the internet, but the fact that it's being implemented in the vernacular and has become epidemic (like "gay/faggot", which is really fucking ear-grating) is really disturbing, and puts an actual, real demographic at threat. The lack of awareness adds salt to the wound.

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP VONUNOV
RIP WES/THEWAKE
RIP USERNAME

Hidden stuff:

02-15-2015 03:58 PM
 Thanks given by: Sociopath
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

(02-15-2015 03:58 PM)Hansgrohe Wrote:  KFC, if you think insults aren't so bad, than you really need to think of the bigger picture (which is where Sociopath is arguing from). Do you really think that it's positive for the word "autistic" in its current use? I don't care if it's being used in the inner-depths of 4chan or whatever god-foresaken area of the internet, but the fact that it's being implemented in the vernacular and has become epidemic (like "gay/faggot", which is really fucking ear-grating) is really disturbing, and puts an actual, real demographic at threat. The lack of awareness adds salt to the wound.

I'm not defending that usage, I'm just saying it's nothing to cry over like Sociopath does (it isn't,) it's just something we will all have to work through because much like "faggot," it's not going away for a LONG time and crying about it will just make it worse.

There's also the possibility that I don't have empathy for people who think that using autism as an insult is that bad because it's infected my own vocabulary. I don't use it often, but there are things in the world that I can't help but call autistic because I've heard it so fucking often it sounds regular to me.

02-15-2015 05:12 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

I'm defending people because they deserve to be defended because unlike you KFC I actually am a decent person. No I am not "bawing" I'm sticking up for people who deserve to be stuck up for. Whats with people like you acting like if anyone challenges your shitty status quo are bawing? You just want an excuse to keep insulting people and not have to think about your actions. That's pretty sad.
And who gives a shit if people use it everyday? Doesn't make it right. It used to be people used the word nigger all the time back before the civil rights movement and noone thought of it, we understand now thats bad. Times change and the wrongness was always the same. This is something you dont seem to understand. You're basically just defending bigotry because you can't be assed to just find a different fucking word.

And I have no idea what thread or person you were referring to previously.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2015 03:03 AM by Sociopath.)
02-16-2015 03:01 AM
 Thanks given by: Missile
Username Offline
Drunkard

(02-16-2015 03:01 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  I'm defending people because they deserve to be defended because unlike you KFC I actually am a decent person.

Pulling that moral high ground, yo!
Hidden stuff:
::smileyface:::
02-16-2015 03:58 AM
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

(02-16-2015 03:01 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  I'm defending people because they deserve to be defended because unlike you KFC I actually am a decent person. No I am not "bawing" I'm sticking up for people who deserve to be stuck up for. Whats with people like you acting like if anyone challenges your shitty status quo are bawing? You just want an excuse to keep insulting people and not have to think about your actions. That's pretty sad.
And who gives a shit if people use it everyday? Doesn't make it right. It used to be people used the word nigger all the time back before the civil rights movement and noone thought of it, we understand now thats bad. Times change and the wrongness was always the same. This is something you dont seem to understand. You're basically just defending bigotry because you can't be assed to just find a different fucking word.

And I have no idea what thread or person you were referring to previously.

see my reply to Hans.

02-16-2015 09:53 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

It's still wrong to use "autistic" as an insult.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
02-16-2015 09:57 AM
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

(02-16-2015 09:57 AM)Sociopath Wrote:  It's still wrong to use "autistic" as an insult.

Yes, but crying about it will just make it more widespread because if you cry about it, that means it works!

02-16-2015 10:34 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

No it won't! Change means educating the masses. And I'm not crying.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
02-16-2015 10:41 AM
James Comey Away
Banished Oldfaf in Exile

(02-15-2015 05:12 PM)KFC Nyan Cat Wrote:  I'm not defending that usage, I'm just saying it's nothing to cry over like Sociopath does (it isn't,) it's just something we will all have to work through because much like "faggot," it's not going away for a LONG time and crying about it will just make it worse.

There's also the possibility that I don't have empathy for people who think that using autism as an insult is that bad because it's infected my own vocabulary. I don't use it often, but there are things in the world that I can't help but call autistic because I've heard it so fucking often it sounds regular to me.

"Retard" used to be an actual clinically accepted term before it got overtaken by people who were clearly NOT retarded as an insult and a (allegedly more harder) replacement for "idiot", and now the term has essentially been put out of use (in actual cases of mental retardation, the term "intelligence disabled" is used), and the term "retard" has seen some use in the autistic and related communities.

"Autistic" as of 2015 is a clinically accepted term for an actual diagnosis and perhaps not just a "disability" (and if things go right for the autistic rights movement, it'll be up in the air), but an actual, legitimate genetic feature that has existed for a very long time (and because of that, may be a dangerous decision to eradicate). Again, the fact that it's actually a disparaging term isn't just "a word"; it shows the alarming way on how modern Western society views autistic people; not even as second class citizens but people that deserve deprivation. As Sociopath pointed out, "nigger" is not okay to say (I'm not going into the term "nigga"; that's a different can of worms entirely), and there are extensive campaigns to stop saying "gay" in a disparaging way and "faggot", with moderate success.

I don't see how Sociopath is "crying" about it. He's actually pointing out a legitimate ill of modern society, that you yourself have proven by saying that you use the word. Again, is it "crying" if a gay person complains about the word gay/faggot? Obviously not. What you fail to see is that it's more than a word; it shows how autistic people are always put in situations which put them in difficult situations and makes them feel inferior. It shows how the world sees autism, and how the world gives back. Let me elaborate.

*Adults With Asperger Syndrome May Have Higher Suicide Risk
*Employement Prospects Dim for young adults with autism
*Why autistic kids make easy targets for bullies

Now, tell me, is Sociopath "crying"?

(02-16-2015 10:34 AM)KFC Nyan Cat Wrote:  Yes, but crying about it will just make it more widespread because if you cry about it, that means it works!

No, again, look above. Sociopath is actually pointing towards an actual widespread ill in society. You can choose to be ignorant and think "oh, everything is just fine!" and live in some kind of 50s Usonian utopia, or you can actually see beyond the vocabulary itself. I'll say it again: the fact that an actual clinical term is constantly abused in negative manners shows the dark reality of neurotypical American society at large.

End.

RIP GWEDIN
RIP URITIYOGI
RIP NIGHT
RIP VONUNOV
RIP WES/THEWAKE
RIP USERNAME

Hidden stuff:

02-16-2015 01:39 PM
 Thanks given by: Missile , Sociopath
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

(02-16-2015 01:39 PM)Hansgrohe Wrote:  
(02-15-2015 05:12 PM)KFC Nyan Cat Wrote:  I'm not defending that usage, I'm just saying it's nothing to cry over like Sociopath does (it isn't,) it's just something we will all have to work through because much like "faggot," it's not going away for a LONG time and crying about it will just make it worse.

"Retard" used to be an actual clinically accepted term before it got overtaken by people who were clearly NOT retarded as an insult and a (allegedly more harder) replacement for "idiot", and now the term has essentially been put out of use (in actual cases of mental retardation, the term "intelligence disabled" is used), and the term "retard" has seen some use in the autistic and related communities.

"Autistic" as of 2015 is a clinically accepted term for an actual diagnosis and perhaps not just a "disability" (and if things go right for the autistic rights movement, it'll be up in the air), but an actual, legitimate genetic feature that has existed for a very long time (and because of that, may be a dangerous decision to eradicate). Again, the fact that it's actually a disparaging term isn't just "a word"; it shows the alarming way on how modern Western society views autistic people; not even as second class citizens but people that deserve deprivation. As Sociopath pointed out, "nigger" is not okay to say (I'm not going into the term "nigga"; that's a different can of worms entirely), and there are extensive campaigns to stop saying "gay" in a disparaging way and "faggot", with moderate success.

I don't see how Sociopath is "crying" about it. He's actually pointing out a legitimate ill of modern society, that you yourself have proven by saying that you use the word. Again, is it "crying" if a gay person complains about the word gay/faggot? Obviously not. What you fail to see is that it's more than a word; it shows how autistic people are always put in situations which put them in difficult situations and makes them feel inferior. It shows how the world sees autism, and how the world gives back. Let me elaborate.

*Adults With Asperger Syndrome May Have Higher Suicide Risk
*Employement Prospects Dim for young adults with autism
*Why autistic kids make easy targets for bullies

Now, tell me, is Sociopath "crying"?

(02-16-2015 10:34 AM)KFC Nyan Cat Wrote:  Yes, but crying about it will just make it more widespread because if you cry about it, that means it works!

No, again, look above. Sociopath is actually pointing towards an actual widespread ill in society. You can choose to be ignorant and think "oh, everything is just fine!" and live in some kind of 50s Usonian utopia, or you can actually see beyond the vocabulary itself. I'll say it again: the fact that an actual clinical term is constantly abused in negative manners shows the dark reality of neurotypical American society at large.

End.

I'm not choosing to be ignorant, I'm choosing to say "no" to the bullies. Because no matter what you say, I will believe that if more people start crying about the usage of "autism" as an insult, more bullies will see it as an effective way of bringing their victims down. I'm aware this is a serious problem, but crying makes it worse. You need to keep in mind that these are bullies we are talking about, not nice, reasonable folk. This logic comes from my experience with this shit. I actually do show symptoms of aspergers. I used to get taken advantage of by people trying to get me to do stupid shit. This went on from 3rd grade to the end of 7th grade. Why did they stop? Because after all these years, I decided to IGNORE them. That's the only way to get these bullies off. Bullies want something to laugh at, and if you give them something, they will not ignore you. I'm not saying everything is fine, but you do want to get closer to that utopia, right? I understand it's hard to ignore sometimes (it took me 4 and 3/4 of a year to build up the courage to ignore this stuff) but you have to try.

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2015 04:02 PM by KFC Nyan Cat.)
02-16-2015 03:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ITT I become a furry lover v2.0 The Desert Fox 34 8,749 06-23-2011 05:01 PM
Last Post: Hendorne Endoh'roth
  Homosexual Furry on Xbox Live arrested for child abuse aaaaaaasd 6 3,723 04-23-2011 08:20 AM
Last Post: Leon Kinotolian