RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rape Discussion Thread
I Must Enter a Username Away
DoApocalypse Survivor

Given 69 thank(s) in 59 post(s)
Rape Discussion Thread

There was a thread around here about "stare rape" a while ago and I suddenly remembered that I was interested in looking for the opinion that the so-called "fempire" has on this thing, so I did a bit of searching and found this surprisingly recent comment:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ShitRedditSays/c..._a/cig0iuz

There also seems to be a thread on democraticunderground about this "stare rape" but I haven't read through it yet.

Also, there was some pretty interesting discussion on a "who's the rapist" question on revleft.
Quote:I am curious to know the Feminist position on this situation

A man and a woman, both drunk beyond the point of consent, have sex.

Who is the rapist? Neither of them? Both of them? Just the man?

If the answer is 'just the man', how to you justify that without resorting to sexist gender stereotypes?
http://www.revleft.com/vb/genuine-questi...l?t=189294
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 10:13 AM by I Must Enter a Username.)
06-26-2014 10:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DoApocalypse Survivor

RE: Rape Discussion Thread

(06-26-2014 10:12 AM)I Must Enter a Username Wrote:  Also, there was some pretty interesting discussion on a "who's the rapist" question on revleft.
Quote:I am curious to know the Feminist position on this situation

A man and a woman, both drunk beyond the point of consent, have sex.

Who is the rapist? Neither of them? Both of them? Just the man?

If the answer is 'just the man', how to you justify that without resorting to sexist gender stereotypes?
http://www.revleft.com/vb/genuine-questi...l?t=189294

On the same thread:
Someone poorly answered with
Quote:The woman cannot be the rapist. Have you ever heard of a woman raping someone? I haven't.

Interestingly two users replied to this with:
Quote:Of course women can be rapists. Isn't rape the act of performing sexual intercourse without clear consent?

Then again, needless to say women are in most cases victims rather than the perpetrators.
and
Rosa Partizan;2761565 Wrote:Women can be rapists. This happens quite rarely, but it DOES happen.

[TW] [sexual violence]

Hidden stuff:

However, discussions about women being rapists are mostly led and instrumentalized by MRAs and other dickheads that whine about "women can be bad, too, look, look!!", so the vast amount of these discussions is pointless to lead, being opened just with the goal do belittle male violence, that is by far the biggest problem in society. "Funny" thing about that is that those MRAs that have these discussions are the ones that tend to jokes like "so he got raped by a woman when he was 13? Lucky bastard!/MILF hunter!" Curiously, I just had this discussion with Ace Steel or loonyleftist, not sure anymore. I think in such a case, nobody is the rapist, lest one side deliberately intoxicated the other to make sure they wouldn't be able to give aware consent. I would rather call such a thing "shit happens".
06-26-2014 10:24 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)
Rape Discussion Thread

Drunken sex is not rape. It never has been, and it never will be. Drunk women can give consent for sex. If they can be held accountable for driving under the influence, they can fuck. People have fucked drunk since time immemorial. It's a common practice. If a woman consented, the only person she has to blame for regretting it the next morning is herself. If the feminist says the woman is not culpable for drunk sex, while the man is, she's effectively making a woman a protected class of citizen and letting women play by different rules. This is why feminism isn't bout equality, and hasn't been for quite some time.

The SJW feminist agenda has the effect of criminalizing manhood, and they'll stop at nothing to brand everything a man does as rape. They start with drunk sex (and the man is the rapist, never the woman!) and continue to vilifying easy targets like MRAs and bronies. The net effect is to create a sphere of privilege for themselves, all while crying about a patriarchy that simply doesn't exist to any measurable degree in modern, Western societies. If these people get their way, your average heterosexual white person (usually men, but also conservative women) will have to walk on eggshells to not commit infractions against the feminist dogma.

I'm for equality within the law, but I'm not for feminism. I'm for women's rights, so long as they're equal to men's rights. I'm not personally against gays, or trans people (although I firmly support the right of others with different views to not associate with anyone they don't want to, including when doing business). I'm against this virus-like SJW victim complex that causes feminists to demonize people who are different from them simply because these people are male, white, heterosexual, and feel comfortable identifying with the gender that matches their genitalia.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
06-26-2014 10:30 AM
 Thanks given by: KFC Nyan Cat
no Offline
True Scotsman

Given 474 thank(s) in 299 post(s)

Shall I just say that I hate both "feminists" and "MRAs." Both are based on us-vs-them mentalities and will never achieve true progress -- only some kind of shitty tug of war.

That is all.

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

People are allowed to change their views.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
06-26-2014 10:36 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
Rape Discussion Thread

If you have sex drunk, then the consequence is remembering it happen the next morning.

Thus logic dictates, one must drink so much as so not to remember ever having sex.

Yet does amensiatic drunkedness make good sex?

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
06-26-2014 11:52 AM
HighSchoolFailure1337 Offline
Trailblazing Escapist

Given 10 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

If I'm 15 would it still be appropriate for me to have a say in things here?

~HighSchoolFailure1337's Mental Health Log Says~

[img]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fma/images/7/7c/Roy_mustang_angry.gif/revision/latest?cb=20160228232223[img]
06-26-2014 12:25 PM
Rebag102 Offline
ARAISE

Given 22 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
Rape Discussion Thread

I don't think I should be here if I'm 12

Come and say hi to me here http://www.twitch.tv/rebag102/profile
06-26-2014 12:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
Rape Discussion Thread

There's no age limit for speech.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
06-26-2014 12:39 PM
TheShadow Offline
Ninja

Given 24 thank(s) in 13 post(s)
Rape Discussion Thread

I'm going to be honest here... Drunk sex is not always rape. You can still consent. And before someone says: "She was drunk, she can't be held accountable..."

Why did you drink so much in the first place? I mean if you know the consequences then why did you take the risk? You're responsible for getting drunk. It was your choice. Of course rape is horrible. And if you're so drunk that you can't remember anything at all, I think that it's rape.

Can't think of anything else... But dayum this is a touchy subject

"They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority" -Gerald Massey.

"The creative person is usually rebellious. He or she is the survivor of a trauma called education." -Anonymous person

"Reward and punishment is the lowest form of education." -Chuang Tzu
06-26-2014 03:13 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Rape Discussion Thread

If she fucking passed out and people screw her then it's obviously rape, but if you're awake enough to willingly participate or say "yes" then you're awake enough to consent.

06-26-2014 04:30 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Rape Discussion Thread

Meh, I find it hard to have sympathy for people who willingly get themselves drunk beyond all recognition, and then complain about stuff that happened to them while they were in that state.

Different story if they were drugged, though... but then that's obviously an attempt at rape.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
06-26-2014 10:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rule_BreakerXVIII Offline
Revolutionary

Given 271 thank(s) in 168 post(s)
Rape Discussion Thread

The term stare rape is interesting...reminds me of this. http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1023053

The one I linked to above is an extreme case..I am used to this shit. I had to get used to it, facing the stares and looks since I was a kid. You have to practice constant vigilance to ensure that you do not see any red flags, so to speak, and not to mention the common sense- not walking around alone in dangerous areas, being on alert for stalkers, carrying knives around...

Rape is rape when a) The victim is not aware about the implications of sex or physical intimacy (eg., pedophilia, or bestiality) and b) The victim is not in a position to give clear, informed consent(date rape, roofies) c) The victim refuses, but the perpetrator forces himself/herself on the victim anyway.

Drunk sex can't really be called rape unless the victim refuses. One has to take responsibility for their behavior while drunk, I don't see why drunk sex should be an exception.

Don't think women can rape men? http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/h...-1.1675751

http://www.askmen.com/dating/love_tip_38...women.html

Women can use drugs too. Rape is not confined to any gender.

Don't play chess with pigeons-they'll just knock over the pieces, shit on the board and strut about like they won anyway.
-the Internet

Quote:May the days and months of flowing bitterness be rewarded...
To forget!?

Unforgivable!!
06-26-2014 10:45 PM
DoApocalypse Survivor

Rape Discussion Thread

"The SJW feminist agenda has the effect of criminalizing manhood, and they'll stop at nothing to brand everything a man does as rape."
"the man is the rapist, never the woman!"

I hardly ever see "feminism" like this even from revleft (and when something almost like that happens like in the first response to that thread, it becomes clearly rejected by the rest of the community), so I'm interested in what places you browse to see this stuff (preferably no MRA sites referencing tumblr blogs with a sketchy collection of "I need feminism because..." images with almost no reliable provided context, I would prefer the "source itself" meaning those various SRS subreddits since it's apparently been considered some ultimate pillar of "misandric" discussion or whatever by opposing subreddits).

Somewhat related, there was a former MRA who made a pretty interesting post on RL on why he became an MRA in the first place, I'll share it in a bit.
06-27-2014 09:51 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Rape Discussion Thread

I know a guy who graduated with me who has been indoctrinated into the SJW mindset. He's gay and I assume majoring in something useless like sociology or women's studies. He told me, and I'm paraphrasing, "I hate white men. They get everything they have because of white privilege."

06-27-2014 09:55 AM
School Offline
Call me Raz

Given 41 thank(s) in 27 post(s)

(06-26-2014 10:06 PM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Meh, I find it hard to have sympathy for people who willingly get themselves drunk beyond all recognition, and then complain about stuff that happened to them while they were in that state.

Different story if they were drugged, though... but then that's obviously an attempt at rape.

Usually, you have to get incredibly drunk to not remember anything that happened. On a few occasions I drank until I threw up but I've never blacked out. Even when I drank so much I barfed and the world was one big swirl, I still had ability to think and do certain things to maintain my safety when I got kicked out of the bar for throwing up hahaha

The only time "drunk sex" is rape is when one party is blacked out or drifting in and out of consciousness. Remember, consent isn't a one time thing, it can be withdrawn, even with your dick in her (or your vagina devouring his dick) and no matter how annoying you must stop having sex.

This is rape to me: sex against the will of another, sex without obtaining the consent of another, sex where "consent" was gained after a threat or blackmail, and sex that continues after the withdrawal of consent. Sexual assault is the same except it is for none penetrative sex acts. That is my only criteria for what is (or what should be) rape/sexual assault.

You can call me Raz

Current Game I'm Playing:
[Image: Eliwood_lord_sword_zps56a7be95.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2014 07:16 AM by School.)
07-13-2014 07:11 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Historical Bolshevism Discussion Thread I Must Enter a Username 5 3,700 06-27-2014 10:16 AM
Last Post: I Must Enter a Username