RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My school's new program
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)
My school's new program

This is actually pretty good news. If all goes well, epic news, actually. I remember making a thread here, asking for possible play scripts for the Preforming Arts Academy. Then I got back from auditions and said I bombed the acting thing anyway. So, apparently, I didn't bomb it, I forgot if I mentioned it. I got a spot. The whole Performing Arts area is bright, cheerful, and not fail. Seriously, I honestly think most of my school depression comes from how dull everything looks. That one little area though, it's creative. It's like a fucking rainbow, and it has a carpet. When it's finished, there's going to be a flat screen TV, a couch and some armchairs. And this is going to be the "classroom". There are soundproof rooms for practicing instruments, plays, choir, and everything else you could think of. (I have a feeling those soundproof rooms will be used for more than just practicing. Rofl ) There's a dance room, with an instructor. Though, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be solely doing plays, since that's what I signed up for. Though I'm pretty sure I could dabble with the instruments in my spare time. The most interesting part is, unless they build another wall in a week, all this is going to be open, and connected to the hall ways. So our classroom is pretty much going to be in the hallway.

We're supposed to be doing Sweeny Todd this year. Imma try out for Ms. Lovett Biggrin Oh yeah, and people from 2 different schools are getting bussed over here to do the classes, and I counted 2 extremely cute guys. (My friend called the brown haired one Sad BUT I GOT THE BLACK HAIRED ONE! lol)

Also, the state is stepping in and firing a shitton of bad teachers, and that damned principal. Now, if only we could do something about these damned uniforms.

tl;dr: At least one period in school seems like it's going to be really fun. And in any case, a step in the right direction for my school. (hopefully) a lot of assholes are going to be fired this year, and I SAW CUTE GUYS!

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
08-19-2010 02:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)
Re: My school's new program

CrayolaColours Wrote:I have a feeling those soundproof rooms will be used for more than just practicing. Rofl
I think they will be used for just practicing. What exactly is being practiced, however, is a different matter.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
08-19-2010 02:06 PM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

I can only hope that my drama class is somewhere near as awesome as that academy...

*SPARKLING* *DOUCHEBUCKETS.*
08-19-2010 02:14 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Fuck yeah. I'll take pictures when I get a chance. I am afraid of ghetto assholes ruining the TV though. xD Then again, the one in our Cafeteria (the one we never use, the only time we ever did was during the big Football game or something) is fine.

The Desert Fox Wrote:
CrayolaColours Wrote:I have a feeling those soundproof rooms will be used for more than just practicing. Rofl
I think they will be used for just practicing. What exactly is being practiced, however, is a different matter.
True, true. Laugh

Our school was terrible at theatre, because the head person in charge played it safe and never did anything awesome. At the assembly today they talked about the plays they'd seen, and when she was trying to come up with something worthy from our school, she couldn't think of anything. It was lulzy... I hate that school so much, I stopped caring and now get a sick sense of humor when they fall flat on their face.

Before I go further, I should explain the three schools in our area.

There's our school, the least ghetto (but still very much so) and more science/math based. Then there's the neighboring school, looks ghetto as fuck, but isn't as bad as the third school, and there's still some pretty cool people there. Anyway, the second school is a lot more art based. Honestly, I have no clue why I'm not going there. The third school is filled with the Crips and Bloods and all that. Everyone there is fucked, the end. The ghettoest kid in my school was like "Dat skoo? AWWW HELLL NAW, i ain't THAT badass!" what asked about it. Laugh

So, the dude from the second school is coming over here to run the whole thing. He's done Alice in Wonderland, Midsummer Nights Dream, Guys N' Dolls, and Peter Pan (shit was magical, They had the invisible rope so the actors were actually flying. (Oh yeah, and Peter was played by a chick)

This school is so badass at what they do, as a kid, we'd go on field trips, just to watch these plays.
AND NOW WE GOT THAT DUDE, TAKE THAT MOTHERFUCKERS!

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
08-19-2010 02:42 PM