RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English class, irl trolls, and our prefect principal... gone
Blackfire Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
English class, irl trolls, and our prefect principal... gone

So... There when I was in fifth grade, they made us go on a field trip to a middle school in our area. I thaught it was going to be great! but I was wrong.

1) IRL TROLLS
well... I am at the bottem of the food chain at my middle school. I was THE one to pick on and throw stuff at. and that was allreaddy decided since I was in 1'st grade. But I cant make any friends there anyway... How they talk is just horiffic. I get sick of constantley seeing people swearing, talking about sex in an abusive way, talking about drugs, and kids toungue kissing behind classrooms... and some time in public. All the people that where my "friends" In elementry school, turned to the dark side... but in 6th grade I found my GF, the one who shared all my thaughts and was just like me

2) our principal. he was so fun, he was the best principal on earth! he loved interacting with kids. People didnt care if they got in trouble, because theyd get to see our awesome principal. but one day... he had an affare (excuse my spelling -.-) with another teacher. but it was completely off campus, nobody knew about it... but the school board, whoever those people are, demoted him. and our new principal was the same ol' chubby lady with dark brown hair, looked to be 50+ years old. made dumb puns, and only interacted with kids if they where in trouble...

3) English class... ohhh english class..
I was soo ecited about it in 1'st grade. a chance to express myself. A chance to show who I am. But no. When I went to middle school, I found out that it offers no freedom at all.
Lets start with the assighnments.
Annoying.. every week we write down the same words over and over again. I just wanna say "Teacher? I know what verbs are, I know how to seperate the subject from predicate in a sentance can you please get on with something more interesting and I have never done before?"
Now lets talk about reading
ya know they always give you this long but not-so-long book. And you have about 2 months to read it and do a report on it. Like this year, my 8th grade year. It seems as though we are studying the revolutonary war all year. I also got a book on it.. What bothers me: Sure I can learn about the revolutanary war, I have no problem with that, but why read this book on it? Cant I have freedom in what I read? I read, and am still reading, a series of books called "The legend of Drizzt" I realy got into those books. Every time I read one, I would to a report on it just because.. not for extra credit (even though thats where they went to) but for the fun of it! those reports that I did where 5-10 pages long. and the minimum limit was 2 paragraphs. now, about the revolutionary war book, just not something I am interested in, and cant push myself to read it

And the part about expressing myself... forget it
my 7th grade teacher allways assighned us poems. I am not realy in to poems, except for ones kind of like the highyman. I like mid-evil, death, blood, and darkness type poetry (no im not e mo... -.-) and I got a huge "F" on every assighnment that I tried to express myself in

I think thats the problem, why many people dislike school. We dont have any freedom. We cant express ourselves, we cant put ourselves into our work. because there a shield blocking us called "The teacher"
Sorry, but I dont want to write about hapy sunshine and cute little animals.

When will the teachers try to see life through the students eyes and understand the meaning of what we say?

Thanks for your time to read my vents if you did read all of this.
08-26-2010 05:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
Re: English class, irl trolls, and our prefect principal... gone

The day school becomes individuality is the day big business shits themselves.

Your principal story reminds me of souls school changing for the worst story.

Might be an interesting read for ya.

http://www.school-survival.net/about/my_school/

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
08-26-2010 06:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My English teacher lied to the Head of English about my homework Marlena403 12 6,303 04-29-2017 10:18 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  F*** "English" class sneaky 17 5,337 11-05-2012 01:21 AM
Last Post: Godzillaman
  English class monologue Dirtbikemike 2 2,483 03-07-2012 03:00 PM
Last Post: Efs
  Proof that school is bad... even trolls can say it. flann 2 1,749 02-08-2011 11:13 PM
Last Post: Crow
  I've just thought - Is there any real point in English Class Elfy 8 3,587 01-07-2009 12:20 PM
Last Post: mudkip liek
  The Value of Writing Practice in English Class Will 21 5,710 03-05-2008 05:54 AM
Last Post: Trekkie_Aspie
  english class udontmatter 9 3,225 10-01-2007 05:16 AM
Last Post: udontmatter