RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Isle of Three
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

Given 31 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
The Isle of Three

Yes, and we don't have a sample...yet. I'm planning on gaining a sample from Capitalistian. Also, after this war, destory all trace of it, and anything that can be used to make it.

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
02-01-2014 03:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
The Isle of Three

Dallas: Capitalistian has a sample?!? This might not end well...I'd better contact my old friend, Mr. Adams.

We'll have to continue our conversation over League frequency (OOC: league thread). I have some security details to attend to and calls to make.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
02-02-2014 12:58 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

Alright.

Pretty Much my only signature...I'm mainly a lurker....you can find me on the IRC (or on DnE and their IRC).

02-02-2014 04:37 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

The citizens of the Isle of Three rejoice upon regaining the southern island. The nation is safe once again.

However, there is increasing pressure on the monarch Chandler to attack the Axis directly; the former League island is but a stone's throw away, and the military might of the Isle is capable of dealing a crippling blow to the Sea Land Empire. Citizens urge him to consider an aggressive stance.

02-02-2014 07:45 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

-I sit there and I think to myself wondering if we should attack directly, I decide to do a small scale attack, and I plan a small attack to cripple the axis forces-

02-02-2014 09:10 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

-sighing I beigin to worry I then head into the lab and go into the Sync facility, to check up on someone.-

04-15-2014 07:04 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

A doctor watches as the King enters. King Chandler has not seen this one around before.

Doctor: *nervously* Greetings, sire. I'm Doctor...hmm, no. You can just call me Salvador, if you'd like, sire. I've just been assigned to this unit, and the technology here is quite impressive. Though, as I'm sure you already know, we've been having some difficulty getting it working.

Salvador returns to tinkering with the Sync tech as the King receives an encrypted text message from Connor Ides that reads, "Acar attacked again; this time a city. Still no connection found to political Acar in USA. Increase DEFCON level?"

04-15-2014 07:11 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

-sends message that reads, No, that seems to be what they want, simply try to quell the rebellion non-violently.- Welcome. Is his Pod working?

04-15-2014 07:55 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

Salvador: Pod's actually lighting up for once, but...he's...still not respawned in it. Just give it some time; I'm sure we can get it repaired.

04-15-2014 10:27 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

-growls- Well hurry up.

04-15-2014 10:33 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

Salvador: With due respect, my King, that's precisely what the team has been doing for the past six months. I just wonder what happened to it. Coulson says it's ghosts. Richards says the technology wasn't complete in the first place. And Werbenjagermanjensen says Sync has been sabotaged! I don't know what to believe.

04-15-2014 10:35 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

I just think it's DoA cursing us for trying to play them. Then again DoA is said to not give a flying fuck so, there's that.

04-15-2014 10:36 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

At sudden, everyone hears a mysterious voice go "Duuuuude...", then swears they heard nothing of the sort.

(OOC: Classic DoA. The deity, not the me. Also, the implication is that the Acarian ethnic group (not to be confused with the Acarian political group of the USA) has been corrupting and sabotaging the Isle's government ever since they were incorporated into the fold.)

04-15-2014 10:41 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

-chuckles a little-

04-15-2014 10:44 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

(OOC: Was that you who, in their free time, randomly made a road map of the Isle of Three, or am I thinking of something else?)

05-31-2014 03:29 PM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

(OOC: I think you are thinking of something else)

05-31-2014 03:34 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

The King's policy of ignorance has resulted in an even more fervent uprising of the ethnic Acar.

The vast north coast of the main Isle has suffered the attacks of terrorists, militants, and freedom fighters. The four population centers in which the most civilian casualties were suffered are the cities Freedonia (a rustic coastal city with rather nationalistic residents, sullied by war-like conditions inflicted by the Acar), Altruana (a town with a large research and technology sector and - formerly - rather sizeable military garrison), Swagtopolis (a large, densely populated urban metropolis in which many of the buildings are losing their structural integrity), and Hillville (a small city no more than three miles inland that has been plagued by fires with few means of putting them out).

It appears the Acarian uprising is growing in strength, and intends to make a move on the nation's capital in the near future. Corporations and subgovernments from other countries attempt to pledge their aid to the Isle government despite the unworried nature of King Chandler.

06-11-2014 02:44 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

-sighs and reviews the documents for the city of Swagtopolis- Who the hell authorized the name?

(OOC: When the king took power he had people whom were his Cabinet, however when he got older he dismissed them. During that time, there were several different members, and he had a system for city's to be approved without him having to do it eventually that was unnecessary and the king removed it. So he has no idea when, who, or how the city was allowed with that name. Also yes, that's what's he's stressing about right now. While he cares about his people, he sometimes gets sidetracked, although rarely it occurs...)

06-11-2014 05:22 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

After a careful look at the documents, it appears that the city planner in question was the town's mayor, a Mr. Derrick O. Andersen. Interestingly, the man disappeared two weeks ago, shortly before the uprising began. No evidence had been found to indicate the cause of his disappearance; it is possible that he chose to vanish without a trace, or perhaps he was kidnapped.

06-11-2014 06:49 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

(OOC: The authorizer would be a third party. Generally when a town/city is recognized they have to have everything confirmed, in which the name would be accepted or rejected, if rejected they have to choose another name)

06-11-2014 07:57 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

The paperwork indicates that there was no third party involved. Mayor D. O. Andersen appears to have somehow completed the accepting process without following the rules, which makes this man all the more suspicious.

06-11-2014 07:58 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

(OOC: I just saw that it spells out DoA, well played, DoA, well played -tips your fedora to you-)

hrm...-creates paperwork to being to change the name of the city.-

06-11-2014 12:22 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

With the disappearance of the mayor and the city, you know, under siege, accomplishing this task is impossible. The territory must be reclaimed.

06-12-2014 02:49 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

Let them have their independence then. I will not punish any city that rejoins or leaves at their will. I will only punish those that harm or break our laws. I don't really want to fight. Besides as long as they keep their territory the way it is, why should we intervene? Worst comes to worst, we use Anakata. However if these people don't like my rule, why should they be subject to it?

(OOC: Yeah, the king himself isn't very laidback in reality. He loves his nation and the people. He doesn't want strife, which is why, when he was younger, he created Anakata. However he realized that it wouldn't make much sense when he got older and instead only used it when needed. However now, after the war, they paid a lot in the cost of the war, mainly when it comes to soldiers. The king wants his people to be happy now. He's willing to loose some of his territory to make his people happy.)

06-12-2014 08:20 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

(Semi-OOC: In any case, the Acarian uprising has committed mass murder, caused unparalleled amounts of property damage, and caused nearly as much urban terrorism as the entire Capitalistian Civil War and the Sacking of Sea Land combined without even having been provoked. They have harmed Isle citizens and broken many laws and are cutting a path towards the capital with little resistance. Finally, Anakata only creates a high-energy perimeter around the Isles; it can't protect citizens from what's already inside. While most are in favor of the King's rule - he did, until now, have absolutely no opposition, as noted on the first page of this thread - the ethnic Acar are, for some reason, opposed to him and will not hesitate to kill his supporters, in other words, kill everyone. People won't be happy no matter what he does, and he might be aware of this to some degree.)

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2014 11:57 AM by Ky.)
06-12-2014 11:57 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

(OOC: If you remember the ANAKATA Project also causes all people become relaxed and happy with the king, also the king realizes the damages caused by them, however he doesn't want there to be bloodshed if giving them their territory will end it all.)

06-12-2014 10:59 PM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

The King can choose to continue ignoring the Acar, take military action against them, or let them have the land they've taken. Or some fourth option I haven't considered.

06-13-2014 03:41 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

The king lets the keep the land they've taken...for now(the king plans to regain control of it later.)

06-13-2014 11:31 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

The Isle of Three

After approximately three days, the Acar have not ceased their expansion inland (despite the King's appeasement) and have conquered nearly a dozen sizable population centers. Their most organized advance appears to be practically at the capital's doorstep.

Some Isle military officials have even elected to disobey the King's orders and attempt to fight back the Acar, but have had little success; it appears this movement is well versed in guerrilla warfare, stealth, and deception.

The King's guards urge him to flee to the League Island, where he will have to attend a League meeting in another three days anyway.

06-21-2014 11:31 AM
Chanku Offline
Fanatic

The Isle of Three

-sighs and I sign an order to allow attacks against the acar while I stay on the island-

06-21-2014 06:15 PM