RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An excellent argument against school-and that too by an adult
Rule_BreakerXVIII Offline
Revolutionary

Given 271 thank(s) in 168 post(s)

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Manda...cation.htm

I am sorry if it's not clickable..typing on phones sucks. Anyways, this is an excellent gem i found on the website of my chosen religion ;D I do not mean to offend any religious sensibilities with this post, and strongly recommend reading up on Satanism before posting any arguments or flames. I have found many things on school survival forum similar to the basic principles of satanism, so people who are interested can read up Biggrin Enjoy and feel free to tell me what you think.

Don't play chess with pigeons-they'll just knock over the pieces, shit on the board and strut about like they won anyway.
-the Internet

Quote:May the days and months of flowing bitterness be rewarded...
To forget!?

Unforgivable!!
10-13-2013 11:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: vonunov , Avatar Korra
Dead Offline
Goon

Given 288 thank(s) in 176 post(s)

Quote:There’s good reason for our deep-seated disdain for and resistance to mandatory education. It goes against every principle of Satanism.

Sign me up.
10-14-2013 02:25 AM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru , Avatar Korra
RebeccaClyde Offline
Away

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Here we have a tendency to summarise the most arguments against religion faculties and challenge some ... additional church secondary faculties as a result of “they have a decent record of delivering a ... once solely seven.4% adults in England visit church on a mean Sunday ... the values and successes of community faculties are too usually underestimated.
Prayers For Deliverance
10-14-2013 02:31 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
RE: An excellent argument against school-and that too by an adult

Interesting read, and some similar ideas to much of what we disucss here on the forums.

But Im not Satanist(I read the FAQ so Im not speaking wihout knowing), due to the fundemental difference of me being a theist Smile

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
10-14-2013 02:34 AM
Dead Offline
Goon

Given 288 thank(s) in 176 post(s)

(10-14-2013 02:31 AM) RebeccaClyde Wrote:  Here we have a tendency to summarise the most arguments against religion faculties and challenge some ... additional church secondary faculties as a result of “they have a decent record of delivering a ... once solely seven.4% adults in England visit church on a mean Sunday ... the values and successes of community faculties are too usually underestimated.
Prayers For Deliverance

New member or spambot?
10-14-2013 03:02 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Most hilarious and oddly on-topic spambot post ever.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-14-2013 04:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

Given 244 thank(s) in 167 post(s)

nope.avi

City YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/kfcnyancat
City Tumblr: http://kfcnyancat.tumblr.com (no longer operational due to personal issues)

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" - Donald Rumsfeld

For anyone who remembers me going on an archive binge: Thank you all. I know I ended it being a drama queen, I don't really agree with the ideology anymore, and I'm really not the same person I was (I went through a neopagan phase!) but still this site was the first online community I was in. I graduated from school and turned 18. Time flies. KFC Nyan Cat, June 20, 2019.
10-14-2013 12:20 PM
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

Given 244 thank(s) in 167 post(s)

Are you the same satanist troll who I told off on YouTube?

City YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/kfcnyancat
City Tumblr: http://kfcnyancat.tumblr.com (no longer operational due to personal issues)

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" - Donald Rumsfeld

For anyone who remembers me going on an archive binge: Thank you all. I know I ended it being a drama queen, I don't really agree with the ideology anymore, and I'm really not the same person I was (I went through a neopagan phase!) but still this site was the first online community I was in. I graduated from school and turned 18. Time flies. KFC Nyan Cat, June 20, 2019.
10-14-2013 12:38 PM
1312 Offline
It gets better, believe me. :)

Given 44 thank(s) in 30 post(s)

Interesting read and interesting satanic principles, will read the book sometime. :-)
10-15-2013 09:43 PM
vonunov Offline
Badgrr

Given 186 thank(s) in 126 post(s)

(10-14-2013 12:38 PM)kfcnyancat Wrote:  Are you the same satanist troll who I told off on YouTube?

Is that a loaded question or just shoddy phrasing?
10-16-2013 02:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Laveyan Satanism is basically just a form of Atheism that tries to rebel against and shock Christians. I believe that you don't need any religious denomination or label, as it's possible to form your own rules through life and follow them. Anyway, the argument against schooling seems pretty strong at a glance. Everybody and their cat can see forced public schooling has become a clusterfuck.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2013 03:54 AM by Sunbourn.)
10-16-2013 03:54 AM
 Thanks given by: SoulRiser
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)

(10-14-2013 12:38 PM)kfcnyancat Wrote:  Are you the same satanist troll who I told off on YouTube?

Shut it before he summons a demon to possess your soul...Nutter

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
10-16-2013 12:32 PM
Trekkie_Aspie Offline
Fanatic

Given 120 thank(s) in 87 post(s)

So far, I approve of that link. I normally think that religion is... a nicer term for insanity so yeh.

If I seem rude to you, please call me on it gently.
One thing (among many others) school couldn't teach you.

((Google Asperger's Syndrome))

stupid article
10-22-2013 03:38 AM
Smudge Offline
piss baby

Given 11 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Way to not give a NSFW warning.
11-07-2013 11:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The "You never go to school argument" xUnknownSoldazx 5 2,636 02-12-2017 01:27 PM
Last Post: xcriteria
  The African Kids appreciate school argument (split) SoulRiser 23 8,567 03-03-2016 10:39 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Real Education Podcast: William Deresiewicz On Excellent Sheep xcriteria 1 2,090 07-08-2015 10:31 AM
Last Post: Ilija.m
  good grades, adult values, etc stevehein 3 2,837 02-02-2015 03:06 PM
Last Post: Rule_BreakerXVIII
  Teacher: "You are almost an adult. I expect you.." ..V.. 11 6,792 02-09-2014 04:58 AM
Last Post: Alistoriv
  becoming an adult Desu 7 3,696 01-16-2014 08:26 AM
  Anyone wanna hear my friends pro school argument thing? coffee 11 8,926 11-08-2013 08:31 PM
Last Post: GamerGurl
  "I'm the adult and you're the child! Know your place!" Christian Hellhound 10 9,043 10-25-2013 10:57 AM
  School argument Cosbydaf 32 8,662 12-24-2011 01:22 PM
Last Post: Efs
  My brothers argument for school payback123 20 6,955 10-29-2007 09:29 AM
Last Post: Rebelnerd