RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love with Air Quotes
no Offline
True Scotsman

Given 474 thank(s) in 299 post(s)
Love with Air Quotes

Some people say "if it rhymes it's not serious poetry." I say fuck those people with a snow shovel.

Hidden stuff:

Love With Air Quotes
Kinda-Sorta Not an Attack, Maybe

It must be hell to live in your brain:
The rules, the lies, the cage, the pain.
Your hatred of innocents drives me insane,
no matter how long you take to "explain."

What kicks me the most is your treatment of love,
As though it's a war or a push come to shove.
You claim to be "banned" by some wizard above
From so much as touching without wearing gloves.

Toxic black blood wells up in my heart
When I hear the "wisdom" you claim to impart:
The tried and true way you think all must start,
And the frivolous reasons one "must" break apart.

Why all these bars? Is it 'cause you're afraid
Of difference in taste, or of being "betrayed,"
Or jealousy, when others' love is displayed
And is fuller in spirit than just getting laid?

And what's beyond that, what kind of perverse
Worldview holds as fact that more love is "worse?"
So I love three people, is that such a curse?
Would you rather I hate the whole universe?

And one more damn thing, it's such a disgrace
That some say that love is just stuffing your face
In company. How did the whole human race
Put such a moronic "custom" in place?

"ZOMG," you yell, "Oh, he's just ranting,"
"Like that time he got all hung up on enchanting."
Well, I've had enough of your sycophanting.
It's time to wake up and see what seeds you're planting.

You're teaching that love's a conditional trait.
It isn't. What you describe sounds more like hate.
And significance in this strange thing called a "date?"
I find more importance in patterns on slate.

Now let me expound on this concept of "cheating,"
A popular thought that does naught but deleting
The souls of those folks who think love is so fleeting
It "must" be locked up and coerced with a beating.

Benign as your pretence may actually be
It implies and infers a hatred of free.
And everyone who feels tied up to a tree
Has been more harmed by "love" than could TNT.

The concept of some lovers being "OK"
And others "less" so (i.e. if you're gay,
Or younger than some moron's mark by a day)
Is so endlessly dumb I don't know what to say.

This evident lack of all toleration
May well be the cause of our world's great frustration.
If "the" way to love is assimilation,
I'll take something else, say, incineration.

And things like the claims that something like dancing
Is "sexy" enough to stop time advancing
Compel me to watch, bemused by this prancing,
Until I go home to try mind enhancing.

It's something I guess I just can't understand,
The "motion" just strikes me as nothing but bland.
But that's not a reason to say I am banned
From having someone with which to hold hands.

I'm more or less weak, and this means to most
The person to seek might as well be a ghost,
And by bringing this up, I know that a host
Of jocks et al. will tell me why I "should" roast.

I'm really concerned at this point as I write
About those of you who don't think it's a fight,
Who don't see what's wrong, who think it's the height
Of "morality," leaving us out in the night.

I mean those of you who can celebrate, laud
Your ability to despise those you deem odd
Because you are told, "They deserve to be sawed"
"Into pieces," by the dead words of your god.

It's them and their ilk who have made me a "failure,"
And written my life to be lived in a trailer.
When I say what I mean I'm compared to a "sailor,"
And beaten up by their provisional jailers.

Does this make me evil? Should I go to "hell?"
Or end up with someone repulsive in smell?
Or rot in my home, decompose into gel
Without having people be more than just "swell?"

I think what's "forgot" is that I am a person,
With hopes, dreams and fears, not something terse 'n'
Empty like a robot's third version.
I'm sentient, living, averse to conversion.

Because of my thoughts I have been shut out.
Because I seek love I can find none about,
Much to the delight of the "holy" devout,
Whose doctrines and dogmas I openly flout.

Now in the dark of a solar eclipse
Not even the cat can see past its lips.
Woe to they who "select" only by hips,
Disregarding the soul or the wit in the scripts.

But of course all of this is "bad for my health."
Society thinks I should go back to stealth,
So they can pretend to buy love with their wealth.
I say to them, "Fine. Now go fuck yourself."

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

People are allowed to change their views.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
09-20-2013 06:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Night
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Love with Air Quotes

All I've got is a wrench and a ball-peen hammer. Take it or leave it.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
09-20-2013 07:26 AM
no Offline
True Scotsman

Love with Air Quotes

Both at the same time and we'll call it a deal.

Hello, traveler.

This is an ancient account I have not used in a long time. My views have changed much in the intervening months and years.

Nonetheless, I refuse to clean it up. Pretending that I've held my current views since the beginning of time is what we in the industry call a lie. Asking people to do so contributes to moralistic self-loathing. "See, those people have nothing damning! I do! I'm truly vile!"

Because you can never be a good person with a single blemish on the moral record, I thought that simply entertaining some thoughts made me irredeemable. Though I don't care for his writing style, William Faulkner presents a good counterexample. He went from being a typical Southern racist to supporting the civil rights movement. These days we'd yell at him for that, probably.

Nevertheless, this period of my life has informed some of how I am today. In good ways and bad ways. To purge it would be to do a disservice to history. Perhaps it will not make anyone sympathetic, but it may help someone understand.

If, after reading all this, you still decide to use the post above as evidence that I am evil today, ask yourself if you have never disagreed with the moral code you now follow. In all likelihood you did, at some point. If some questions are verboten, and the answer is "how dare you ask that," don't expect your ideological opponents to ever change their minds.
09-20-2013 08:27 AM
Ky Offline
Shadow

Given 1469 thank(s) in 972 post(s)
Love with Air Quotes

DEATH TO THE POETRY CHARLATANS! *charges with wrench and ball-peen hammer*

I love (not in THAT sense) your poem, by the way. In my head it sounds like a particularly speedy and ambitiously-spoken rap.

Public Service Announcement: First world problems are still problems.
09-21-2013 06:29 AM
no Offline
True Scotsman

Love with Air Quotes

Yeah, I was sort of inspired by the 10th doctors lightning speech. After a bit of experimentation I've determined that the best (imho) way to read it is "semi-muttered quickly in the dark."

I have no clue what darkness adds, but there's just... something there. (And I have a phobia that this is always the case Razz)

Hello, traveler.

09-21-2013 11:56 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Given 1983 thank(s) in 1428 post(s)
RE: Love with Air Quotes

I am lost... Confused

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png]
Brainiac3397's Mental Health Status Log Wrote:[Image: l0Iy5HKskJO5XD3Wg.gif]
09-22-2013 04:14 PM
no Offline
True Scotsman

(09-22-2013 04:14 PM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  I am lost... Confused

In what way?

Hello, traveler.

09-22-2013 11:14 PM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Poetry messes wih my logic receptors. I like things stated bluntly or humourously(or sarcastically oe witty). Poetry however makes my brain wobbly.

Personality DNA Report
(06-14-2013 08:02 AM)Potato Wrote:  watch the fuq out, we've got an "intellectual" over here.

Hidden stuff:
09-23-2013 01:42 AM
no Offline
True Scotsman

Love with Air Quotes

Point being? This poem is (from my vantage anyway) blunt statement that happens to rhyme.

But then again I tend to overestimate peoples' conclusion-jumping abilities.

Hello, traveler.

09-23-2013 03:35 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Love with Air Quotes

Blunt too long?

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
09-23-2013 10:35 AM
no Offline
True Scotsman

Love with Air Quotes

I can't actually make sense of your reply so I'm just guessing... I had a lot to say. Hence the length.

Hello, traveler.

09-23-2013 10:52 AM
brainiac3397 Offline
Machiavellian Amoeba

Love with Air Quotes

I wish I could make sense of it as well...

Personality DNA Report

Hidden stuff:
09-23-2013 10:55 AM