RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bought Call of Pripyat
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)
Bought Call of Pripyat

My first STALKER game.

It's fucking awesome.

I love how you don't really get any instructions. You have your objective of finding out what the hell happened to those helicopters and that's it. If you want to find something out, you need to talk to someone; the game won't tell you. There's none of the hand-holding that games today do too much of, you need to figure things out for yourself and I love that aspect of the game.

I killed some random people not five minutes in lol
Hidden stuff:
I was trying to figure out all the controls and menus and such, and while looking around the PDA map, I hear someone say "drop your gun right now" or something like that. I close the PDA and see a guy wearing a gas mask aiming his gun in my face. I have no clue what the fuck to do and don't know how to holster my gun, and I think that if I don't do something ASAP he'll get impatient and shoot me. So I attack him with whatever I'm holding; my knife. He goes down, but someone I can't see starts shooting at be from behind so I haul ass outta there. Then some fucking ugly mutant things attack me, I have no clue what the fuck they were but they're dead. THEN I find some kind of boat and get radiation poisoning while exploring it, but I find nothing. Because of the poisoning, I decide I need to find a doctor or something. While exploring I come across a bunch of old buildings and explore them. Suddenly, I get these warnings of an emission coming, so I hide in an old warehouse where I find some bandits who tell me where the nearest village/city/whatever it's called is. Now I'm wandering around the first crashed helicopter I found. It's in a swamp, the water is all fucked up and it looks like there's some kind of anti-gravity device around or something. I found out that the helicopter went down because its electronics don't work, I'm guessing some kind of EMP. I was told to find out what caused the electronics to stop working, so now I'm wandering around the general area trying to find something. I don't know what I'm looking for, but I need to find it.

It's a great game so far. Anybody know of any good mods for it? I just downloaded Call of Pripyat Complete, it makes a bunch of different changes.
05-20-2012 10:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)
RE: Bought Call of Pripyat

Hmm I currently have Shadow of Chernobyl but haven't played much.
I guess I'll give it a shot and try out Call of Pripyat as well.
Not many people talk about the game but those that do have mainly good thnigs to say.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2012 10:42 AM by Efs.)
05-20-2012 10:41 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Bought Call of Pripyat

[Image: facepalm.jpg]

(05-20-2012 10:32 AM)Sharpie Wrote:  My first STALKER game.

It's fucking awesome.

I love how you don't really get any instructions. You have your objective of finding out what the hell happened to those helicopters and that's it. If you want to find something out, you need to talk to someone; the game won't tell you. There's none of the hand-holding that games today do too much of, you need to figure things out for yourself and I love that aspect of the game.

I killed some random people not five minutes in lol
Hidden stuff:
I was trying to figure out all the controls and menus and such, and while looking around the PDA map, I hear someone say "drop your gun right now" or something like that. I close the PDA and see a guy wearing a gas mask aiming his gun in my face. I have no clue what the fuck to do and don't know how to holster my gun, and I think that if I don't do something ASAP he'll get impatient and shoot me. So I attack him with whatever I'm holding; my knife. He goes down, but someone I can't see starts shooting at be from behind so I haul ass outta there. Then some fucking ugly mutant things attack me, I have no clue what the fuck they were but they're dead. THEN I find some kind of boat and get radiation poisoning while exploring it, but I find nothing. Because of the poisoning, I decide I need to find a doctor or something. While exploring I come across a bunch of old buildings and explore them. Suddenly, I get these warnings of an emission coming, so I hide in an old warehouse where I find some bandits who tell me where the nearest village/city/whatever it's called is. Now I'm wandering around the first crashed helicopter I found. It's in a swamp, the water is all fucked up and it looks like there's some kind of anti-gravity device around or something. I found out that the helicopter went down because its electronics don't work, I'm guessing some kind of EMP. I was told to find out what caused the electronics to stop working, so now I'm wandering around the general area trying to find something. I don't know what I'm looking for, but I need to find it.

It's a great game so far. Anybody know of any good mods for it? I just downloaded Call of Pripyat Complete, it makes a bunch of different changes.

there is reloaded

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-pripyat-reloaded

I work alone

http://www.moddb.com/mods/i-work-alone(very recommended)

Redux

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-pripya...ature-list

one thing to keep in mind is that these may somewhat make the game tougher as they improve enemy ai and try to make gunplay more realistic along with other features.

Been a while as I stick to the first stalker these days but I believe I work alone is the toughest along with redux and reloaded is the easiest as it just improves weapon damage balance in the difficulty section but you'll need to take cover and be smart(shouldn't need to be said).

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
05-20-2012 10:43 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(05-20-2012 10:41 AM)Efs Wrote:  Hmm I currently have Shadow of Chernobyl but haven't played much.
I guess I'll give it a shot and try out Call of Pripyat as well.
Not many people talk about the game but those that do have mainly good thnigs to say.

Get complete 2009 with shadow of chernobyl if you haven't already.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009

image hosting jpg
05-20-2012 11:03 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Holy shit, the most epic shit just happened.

Hidden stuff:
I talked to some guy on that boat camp, he had a job for me so I took it. At midnight me and some other guys go out to attack some place. Honestly, I wasn't paying much attention to what the mission was. So me and these other guys are attacking, killing a few people. It's raining and there's a thunderstorm. Eventually I get this notice that the mission was cancelled. I'm wondering "what the fuck?" when some fucking man-squid hybrid runs up to me out of nowhere. His eyes glow red then he attacks me and takes a chunk out of my health. I jump off the old boat we're on and run off, while there's still a bunch of people shooting. It's complete chaos, I can't see shit, I'm bleeding to death, and if i turn my light on it'll attract gunfire. I use the lightning to get out into the field by the boat, where another man-squid hybrid attacks me. Or maybe it was the same one, I can't be sure. I run from him while more random gunfire is going on. Somehow I'm spotted and start getting shot at, with no cover around. I run for a rock to take cover behind and shoot back at whoever is shooting at me, they're up on the bridge of the boat I was on before. I can't get a decent shot and those man-squid things are still running around killing everybody, still random gunfire every few seconds. Then a fucking emission warning pops up! The light from the incoming emission lights everything up like it was the middle of the day, and I see people running for cover in the distance. I get out a shotgun I took off a dead body and run for the boat, shooting at some people on the way. I run inside, there's still shooting and yelling and I'm assuming those man-squids are still killing people even though I unloaded half my magazine into one of them earlier. Some guy I just shot isn't dead, he's laying on the ground in pain and yelling. I assume that other people outside will be attracted to his screams, so I finish him off with my knife. Then the emission hits and I die, because I wasn't in good enough cover. It probably doesn't sound as awesome to anyone who's been playing the game for awhile, but to a noob like me it was fucking epic.
05-20-2012 11:47 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(05-20-2012 11:47 AM)Sharpie Wrote:  Holy shit, the most epic shit just happened.

Hidden stuff:
I talked to some guy on that boat camp, he had a job for me so I took it. At midnight me and some other guys go out to attack some place. Honestly, I wasn't paying much attention to what the mission was. So me and these other guys are attacking, killing a few people. It's raining and there's a thunderstorm. Eventually I get this notice that the mission was cancelled. I'm wondering "what the fuck?" when some fucking man-squid hybrid runs up to me out of nowhere. His eyes glow red then he attacks me and takes a chunk out of my health. I jump off the old boat we're on and run off, while there's still a bunch of people shooting. It's complete chaos, I can't see shit, I'm bleeding to death, and if i turn my light on it'll attract gunfire. I use the lightning to get out into the field by the boat, where another man-squid hybrid attacks me. Or maybe it was the same one, I can't be sure. I run from him while more random gunfire is going on. Somehow I'm spotted and start getting shot at, with no cover around. I run for a rock to take cover behind and shoot back at whoever is shooting at me, they're up on the bridge of the boat I was on before. I can't get a decent shot and those man-squid things are still running around killing everybody, still random gunfire every few seconds. Then a fucking emission warning pops up! The light from the incoming emission lights everything up like it was the middle of the day, and I see people running for cover in the distance. I get out a shotgun I took off a dead body and run for the boat, shooting at some people on the way. I run inside, there's still shooting and yelling and I'm assuming those man-squids are still killing people even though I unloaded half my magazine into one of them earlier. Some guy I just shot isn't dead, he's laying on the ground in pain and yelling. I assume that other people outside will be attracted to his screams, so I finish him off with my knife. Then the emission hits and I die, because I wasn't in good enough cover. It probably doesn't sound as awesome to anyone who's been playing the game for awhile, but to a noob like me it was fucking epic.

Brother stalker I'm glad the Zone is doing you right.
don't see that death as a frustration but just another branch in your path of growth and the man squid you described is a blood sucker.
They are mean, fast and hit hard hard while not to mention they have a cloak ability to render themselves invisible to the naked eye(In pripyat I lured them to the lake so I can see their footsteps in the water and kill them).

The mission you described has two sides.
you can work with the bandits to mug some stalker or you can tell the bar man of their plan and side with the stalker to defend against them.

I would recommend reloaded mod as it improves the graphics like complete does and balances gameplay.
Glad your enjoying it and maybe later on you'll be ready to try shadow of Chernobyl with the Lurk mod(plus desert foxes mod on top to fix the crazy recoil).

image hosting jpg
05-20-2012 12:28 PM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

I always laugh at my deaths and see it as an opportunity to improve. I kinda suck when it comes to tactics and I'm hoping that I can improve on that. I know the obvious things like hide behind cover and whatnot but nothing too advanced, and I'm still a complete noob to the game so a lot of the time I have no clue what I'm doing. I can never tell which guns are better than others, the stat meters for each gun is always green with only some of the green lit up or the same but it's red.
I ended up working with the bandits
05-20-2012 01:32 PM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

This thread is now a video game blog, where I will post any awesome/epic/hilarious stories I have while I play the game.
05-20-2012 03:38 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(05-20-2012 01:32 PM)Sharpie Wrote:  I always laugh at my deaths and see it as an opportunity to improve. I kinda suck when it comes to tactics and I'm hoping that I can improve on that. I know the obvious things like hide behind cover and whatnot but nothing too advanced, and I'm still a complete noob to the game so a lot of the time I have no clue what I'm doing. I can never tell which guns are better than others, the stat meters for each gun is always green with only some of the green lit up or the same but it's red.
I ended up working with the bandits

In all the vanilla versions(unmodded) of stalker pistols are mostly useless because the developers underpowered them so although they are accurate and easy to use unless you can get headshots they suck.
Shotguns although a bit more powerful are a bit slow though pripyat brought better auto shotguns which are good.
assault rifles are elite in vanilla stalker as long as you can fire in short well aimed bursts so the recoil doesn't shit on you.

image hosting jpg
05-20-2012 03:39 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

In vanilla pripyat(which is known for psychic AI) its hard to really pull off any tactics besides being in cover because the AI is that damn psychic.
Modded stalker I move from cover to cover and I try to hide and get behind the enemy and pick them off

image hosting jpg
05-20-2012 03:45 PM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

Oh god. Son, I couldn't be any more proud.

Yeah, stalkers won't like it too much if you stick your AK in their face, but just hit 6 to pull out a bolt and you'll be good lol. Speaking of bolts, if your anomaly detector starts to beep, pull them out and start chucking them around. If the bolt explodes, implodes, releases a torrent of electricity, dissolves, or causes anything generally unpleasant to happen, you should probably find a way around.

Oh, and those squid-faced bastards are bloodsuckers. As you noticed they WILL be up in your shit so try to keep a shotgun with you as often as possible, not just for 'suckers but for mutants in general.

If you find yourself having a hard time with your equipment, the resident mechanic Cardan (he can be found on the main ship, Skadovsk) can repair and make addons to your gear. If you can manage to find some tools for him, his job becomes much easier - along with a bottle or two of vodka. In addition, Nimble (also on Skadovsk) is an arms dealer of sorts, and can get you all sorts of pimping hardware in exchange for a small mountain of rubles.

Not too happy that you sided with the bandits lol, but eh everyone does STALKER differently. And on the topic of mods, I do love me some spiced up gameplay, but:

[Image: 21330020.jpg]

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
05-21-2012 05:38 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

I'm currently in a cave filled with snorks. I had to get some kind of container out of a car that fell down here. I knew I had the objective available but I didn't know the car was there, I actually just jumped down the cave to get some cover from an incoming emission. There were some bandits I found on the surface, was going to follow them as they ran for cover but they didn't seem to know what the fuck they were doing so I just jumped down the cave out of desperation as the emission was just starting to hit. Fucking snorks man, they're fast as fuck and I can't get accurate shots at them.
05-21-2012 05:48 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

This thread got me to downland it again. I tried playing it before but lost interest pretty quick. I've been playing it all day though. Fuckin snorks. Hate those assholes.
I left yanov to go investigate the chopper in the mine field, I killed some zombie stalkers and took their shit, It weighed me down so I turned back to yanov to sell the guns because they had some in high condition, I was almost there walking past the train overpass and got attacked by a shitload of dogs. They buttfucked me real good but i got them all. Wasted all my shottie ammo in the process.

I'm just curious, does killing the random friendly Stalkers that roam around have any effect on the gameplay? I love taking all their guns and ammo.
05-21-2012 08:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Desert Fox Offline

(05-21-2012 08:27 AM)Thought Criminal Wrote:  I'm just curious, does killing the random friendly Stalkers that roam around have any effect on the gameplay? I love taking all their guns and ammo.

They'll start to hate you and you'll be stuck with stuff like traders offering the same shitty stuff all game long, random stalkers not giving you tips for quests, stuff like that.

Annoyingly, in CoP no matter how many members of a faction you slaughter they'll never be hostile outright (excluding Monolith and freeplay mercs, who are always hostile), which makes for kind of a boring game.

edit: Also, thread music:

Watch on YouTube

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
05-21-2012 10:16 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

meh

Neva forget.
Amazing enough in metro 2033 stalkers exist but they are even more badass than their normal stalker counterparts in the normal stalker.

image hosting jpg
05-21-2012 11:23 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

I've now found my way to Yanov, had a guide take me there. I'm looking for one of the helicopters that went down in the area and some bunkers that soldiers apparently evacuated to after crashing another heli i've already found. Nothing too interesting so far, I've explored the area around Yanov a bit but didn't find anything. I'm trying to decide if I should help the freedom group or the duty group, I kind of agree with the freedoms on how there's a lot of cool shit to discover in the zone so I may help them. I don't want to go too far from Yanov, I have this weird feeling that an emission will come when I'm far away from Yanov or any other shelter.

Also I went to the waste processing facility awhile back, I tried sneaking in through some pipes but the mercenaries kept spotting me so I just killed the ones in my way, took the shit I needed, and ran off. I died like 4 times before successfully getting away.
05-21-2012 02:36 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

There isn't much to see in Yanov. Make sure you check out the mobile research lab near the train station though. Helpful shit, and some side quests.
05-21-2012 02:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sharpie Offline
Banned

(05-21-2012 02:51 PM)Thought Criminal Wrote:  There isn't much to see in Yanov. Make sure you check out the mobile research lab near the train station though. Helpful shit, and some side quests.

I walked there and found some guy in an exoskeleton who basically told me to fuck off before things get bad. I left because I didn't wanna get shot. Can I just walk in or something?
05-21-2012 03:00 PM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

I decided to try out multiplayer today. Whenever I try to join a game, it goes to a loading screen then back to the main game menu, with a message stating "error: different version"

I'm joining games that have version 1.6.0.2, the same version I have. What's the problem?
05-22-2012 07:03 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

(05-21-2012 02:51 PM)Thought Criminal Wrote:  There isn't much to see in Yanov.

The hell are you talking about nigger? There's all sorts of stuff like (minor spoilers)
Hidden stuff:
scientists' quests, the Oasis, hunting mutants for Trapper, finding Tachenko's PDA, UAV and Strelok's stashes, Strider's rogue Monolith squad, hostage situation with Mitay, helicopters, exploring the Jupiter plant, Vano's debt, Duty warehouse, Flint, and other stuff I don't remember.

(05-21-2012 02:36 PM)Sharpie Wrote:  I don't want to go too far from Yanov, I have this weird feeling that an emission will come when I'm far away from Yanov or any other shelter.

Protip: Yanov station and Skadovsk aren't the only emission shelters in the game; if an emission starts the game will automatically mark the nearest suitable shelter on your PDA map. As to if the shelter is friendly or not, well that can vary. I remember once Hatchet's mercs in Zaton locked me out of their little reinforced shack and I ended up trying to shoot the door open as my brain came out my ears. [Image: v.gif]

(05-21-2012 03:00 PM)Sharpie Wrote:  
(05-21-2012 02:51 PM)Thought Criminal Wrote:  There isn't much to see in Yanov. Make sure you check out the mobile research lab near the train station though. Helpful shit, and some side quests.

I walked there and found some guy in an exoskeleton who basically told me to fuck off before things get bad. I left because I didn't wanna get shot. Can I just walk in or something?

Yeah, Black and the rest of the mercs guarding the lab are dicks but you can just walk in. The scientists offer some nice (albeit frustrating) jobs that allow their tech to perform exclusive upgrades on your gear when completed.

(05-22-2012 07:03 AM)Sharpie Wrote:  I decided to try out multiplayer today. Whenever I try to join a game, it goes to a loading screen then back to the main game menu, with a message stating "error: different version"

I'm joining games that have version 1.6.0.2, the same version I have. What's the problem?

Does your game have any modified .dll files? That's what causes a lot of those problems, though tbh the multiplayer is a pile of boar shit and you're not missing out on much.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
05-22-2012 05:38 PM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

I installed some graphical mods so that may be the problem. What's wrong with the multiplayer?

Update:
Today I walked into the scientist bunker, got a job from the military guys to find two artifacts. I'm also now needing to find my way into Pripyat to find the last evac point.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2012 11:01 PM by Sharpie.)
05-22-2012 11:00 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

(05-22-2012 11:00 PM)Sharpie Wrote:  What's wrong with the multiplayer?

Well, STALKER is an incredibly atmospheric, slow-paced, survival shooter game. The multiplayer takes all that and turns it on its head, being basically team deathmatch that feels like it was just tacked onto the game at the last second (mainly 'cause it was). Basically, imagine Counter-Strike attempted in STALKER.

(05-22-2012 11:00 PM)Sharpie Wrote:  Update:
Today I walked into the scientist bunker, got a job from the military guys to find two artifacts. I'm also now needing to find my way into Pripyat to find the last evac point.

First of all, one of the two artifacts the guy needs can be found on top of the Oakpine anomaly in Zaton, unless you already grabbed and sold it. Second, slow down there stalker, there's much more to check out around the Zone. Have you actually done any side missions yet? lol

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
05-22-2012 11:43 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

Also this thread convinced me to play some CoP again. Two pretty cool stories.

One, getting tools for Cardan at the sawmill.

> stuck in sawmill attic with ~6 zombified stalkers below me
> if I so much as glance down the ladder all of them unload their AKs into the ceiling
> a wild bandit squad appears
> they combined with my last RGD-5 cleanse the bottom floor of zombies
> am so grateful I let them have their pick of the loot
> accidentally results in novice bandits with LR-300s and AN-94s
> walk away
> find two random stalkerbros
> bandits from before suddenly open fire, one of the stalkers goes down but we get all of them, with a nice russian-curse laden execution on the last wounded bandit

Two, random exploring.

> hear gunshots by Shevchenko
> pull out Mossberg and check it out
> see a corpse lying on the inside of the ship's hull
> too dark to see anything, open corpse's inventory
> it's a stalker
> bandit runs down the stairs in front of me, aiming his gun upwards and yelling
> I calmly level my shotgun and shoot him in the chest
> walk upstairs, another bandit is curled up on the floor wounded
> shoot him in the head
> find a second, live stalker on the top deck
> feel better upon having cleansed the area

Moral of the stories? Fuck bandits.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
05-22-2012 11:46 PM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

(05-22-2012 11:43 PM)The Desert Fox Wrote:  
(05-22-2012 11:00 PM)Sharpie Wrote:  What's wrong with the multiplayer?

Well, STALKER is an incredibly atmospheric, slow-paced, survival shooter game. The multiplayer takes all that and turns it on its head, being basically team deathmatch that feels like it was just tacked onto the game at the last second (mainly 'cause it was). Basically, imagine Counter-Strike attempted in STALKER.

(05-22-2012 11:00 PM)Sharpie Wrote:  Update:

First of all, one of the two artifacts the guy needs can be found on top of the Oakpine anomaly in Zaton, unless you already grabbed and sold it. Second, slow down there stalker, there's much more to check out around the Zone. Have you actually done any side missions yet? lol

Going into Pripyat ends the game? Shit, I wanted to at least explore Pripyat while still being able to do other missions. And the only artifact I've gotten so far was the half-wheel thing in the dredge station. I should probably try and find a lot more artifacts. For now I guess I'll hold off on going to Pripyat.
05-23-2012 01:01 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(05-22-2012 11:46 PM)The Desert Fox Wrote:  Also this thread convinced me to play some CoP again. Two pretty cool stories.

Same here.
I'm gonna try that sgm mod you recommended me some time ago but I'm using the newest edition english translated(you gave me 2.0 and I'm using 2.2).

Heard its like oblivion lost for pripyat and so far it starts me at the military base in cordon and I got this job to clear out some bandits with a military team.
Seems neat so far.

image hosting jpg
05-23-2012 04:10 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

(05-23-2012 01:01 AM)Sharpie Wrote:  Going into Pripyat ends the game? Shit, I wanted to at least explore Pripyat while still being able to do other missions. And the only artifact I've gotten so far was the half-wheel thing in the dredge station. I should probably try and find a lot more artifacts. For now I guess I'll hold off on going to Pripyat.

Oh no, after you go to Pripyat there's still a bunch of missions to do there and you can head back to Zaton and Yanov as you please (and even after you finish the game you have the option of staying in the Zone and starting free play mode), but you should check out a lot of the side missions, go artifact hunting and whatnot, 'cause that's half the fun of the game lol.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
05-23-2012 01:06 PM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Is free play mode any fun if you've already done most of the side missions?
05-23-2012 01:11 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

(05-23-2012 01:11 PM)Sharpie Wrote:  Is free play mode any fun if you've already done most of the side missions?

It basically pulls out all the stops for the A-Life, meaning there will be loads of stalker/merc/bandit/whatever squads wandering around, looking for artifacts, hunting mutants, etc. The side missions do influence free play in addition to general gameplay and the ending, for example if you do the (spoilers)
Hidden stuff:
Missing Stalkers mission with Grouse you won't see anywhere near as many bloodsuckers in Zaton.
It also makes Pripyat non-boring, as stalkers and mercs appear frequently now that a safe route to the city is open, and mutants/Monolith show up more often.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
05-24-2012 07:33 PM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Sounds cool. Have you ever come across any fights between stalkers and mutants in Pripyat?
05-25-2012 09:07 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

(05-25-2012 09:07 AM)Sharpie Wrote:  Sounds cool. Have you ever come across any fights between stalkers and mutants in Pripyat?

All the bloody time.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
05-25-2012 10:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  So I bought a 3DS today... Ky 8 4,299 01-15-2015 07:51 AM
Last Post: Missile
  stalker call of pripyat null 2 1,235 11-12-2009 03:15 AM
Last Post: Eidolon