RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your point of life? :P
Hazarth Offline
braindead

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
What's your point of life? :P

Hi, I am new here and so I thought, I could also start my first thread here. Also I should warn you, English is not my first language. Razz

So I heard (read) a lot of you saying how life is useless and "It doesn't matter in the end". I agree with Jesusaurisrex and what he wrote in his "Take your life seriously dammit" thread. So now lets talk with people who agree, who found a point in life. So what is it, that you love at this life?

I'll start with my own opinion
To me, life is a very important and short process. There are all this great things. Music is such an awesome thing, and we, humans were to improve it to the point where it is now! Computers, technology, even everyday things like bicycles, cars, trains, TV, radio and such, Those all are here because of the great mind and creativity we have! Imagine yourself and then compare your tiny little life with the whole world! No, I don't mean just our world, the earth (which is also full of awesome stuff), I mean the whole universe, what we still have to discover, so many opportunities, so much to see or hear...

Now, I know we all realize how most of the human population of earth is bunch of ignorant idiots, and that basically the reason this forum even exists. But there is still a hope, and again, this forum is a clear sign of that. There are people who know more, people who want thing to change. And I want to be a part of that... You just gotta hate how everybody is rushing for money more then for adventures and discovery... I believe that the point of life is to discover and learn as much as we can, and to proceed in evolution. And as long as I can help it, I will try! Biggrin

now that was bunch of inspirational shit for you to continue.

And maybe, if we all say something here, those who seen their life as pointless will change their mind too Biggrin and be, just a little less negative.

Did you ever wonder, how time works?
05-06-2012 07:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1312 Offline
It gets better, believe me. :)

Given 44 thank(s) in 30 post(s)
RE: What's your point of life? :P

"proceed in evolution" Laugh

Watch on YouTube
05-06-2012 07:37 AM
Hazarth Offline
braindead

yeah, sounds silly xD... but still Razz you know what I meant.

05-06-2012 07:41 AM
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

My point of live is to enjoy it. Enjoy everything positive about it.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2012 07:43 AM by Luizao876.)
05-06-2012 07:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

Given 9 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Point of life?
you be trippin.jpg

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\
05-06-2012 01:36 PM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Death makes life inherently pointless

No, this is Patrick.
05-06-2012 01:54 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

^^^^emo
for my its about having a good fuck all time till I croak either from getting stabbed because of my big mouth or suicide when i turn 70
05-06-2012 02:20 PM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)

Like many other people have said, I just want to have a good time and enjoy what I have.
05-06-2012 03:06 PM
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

There is no point to MY life. My life consists of boring isolation doing nothing of value to anyone including myself. If I transformed into a table it would be more meaningful.
05-06-2012 03:54 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

(05-06-2012 03:54 PM)Fish20 Wrote:  There is no point to MY life. My life consists of boring isolation doing nothing of value to anyone including myself. If I transformed into a table it would be more meaningful.

Watch on YouTube

I don't feel much of a point in life either. Sometimes I get depressed and emo because life seems pointless and so does school and getting a job and not being attached to my computer all the time and there doesn't seem to be anything I _completely_ enjoy all the time... but other times I just suck it up, and try to enjoy being challenge (in things like making complicated circuits in a breadboard or writing programs, not studying for gayass tests that I innately don't care about because it's just plain impossible to enjoy that).

[Image: glorious666.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2012 04:02 PM by LOON_ATTIC.)
05-06-2012 04:00 PM
Hazarth Offline
braindead

Stadium:
Death doesn't make life pointless... death makes it unique, enjoy that oO

You guys don't really have a goal in your life do you? Biggrin something you want to end up with? even if its a fucken' fantasy, it would be still worth it Razz I mean, trying to enjoy whatever comes is a great strategy how to survive, but having something to achieve would make you motivated to survive! what's your opinion on that?

05-06-2012 06:46 PM
fish20 Offline
Penguins are birds

Given 32 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

(05-06-2012 06:46 PM)Hazarth Wrote:  Stadium:

You guys don't really have a goal in your life do you? Biggrin something you want to end up with? even if its a fucken' fantasy, it would be still worth it Razz I mean, trying to enjoy whatever comes is a great strategy how to survive, but having something to achieve would make you motivated to survive! what's your opinion on that?

I can't achieve anything. Everything I want is a fantasy. Trying to enjoy whatever comes is impossible because nothing ever comes. Everyday is the same exact day. I'm such a loser even if I ended up with the job I wanted I would still be unhappy because I'm still myself.
05-06-2012 09:59 PM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Stuck up with finding something I like to call "intelligent revenge". You know, revenge on those who betrayed me, and those who made it compulsory for me to go to school. Nothing stupid, just a way of fucking these peoples lives without getting arrested - but still mentally fucking them up. Then proceed in my own projects and live the life I want to and protect my friends & family.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
05-07-2012 06:08 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

(05-06-2012 06:46 PM)Hazarth Wrote:  Stadium:

Not only death, but also time. One day there will be no evidence humanity even existed. I just can't fathom how you can believe you lose consciousness and rot and still think your stupid, menial lives have a purpose.

I'm not emo, I just don't see the point. You remind me of Christians, trying to pretend your lives have meaning because you can't accept the inevitable.

No, this is Patrick.
05-07-2012 07:07 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

You don't seem to get you make your own meaning, or you give a fuck about the wrong stuff. Do I really give a shit that I won't be remembered? No I could give a shit less, but I am sure as hell going to have as much fun as I can pack in. You emo faggots forget what real fun is like.
05-07-2012 07:19 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

I'm not having this argument again. You don't understand my point, and I'm tired of you calling me a fucking emo for having a different opinion. I'm trying my best to enjoy life and I don't let my opinions on the purpose of it affect what I do or how much I enjoy myself.

No, this is Patrick.
05-07-2012 07:23 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

And I am trying to tell you the point that you don't get emo, ITS ALL ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, if you don't find anything fun or enjoyable then commit sudoku.
05-07-2012 07:41 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

(05-07-2012 07:41 AM)SaintVicious Wrote:  if you don't find anything fun or enjoyable then commit sudoku.
k

goodbye

[Image: glorious666.png]
05-07-2012 07:43 AM
The Offline
The; Captain Obvious

Given 9 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

(05-07-2012 07:43 AM)Lunatic Wrote:  
(05-07-2012 07:41 AM)SaintVicious Wrote:  if you don't find anything fun or enjoyable then commit sudoku.
k

goodbye

Peace

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\
05-07-2012 07:55 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

To have fun and feel pleasure for as long as possible.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
05-07-2012 09:20 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

(05-07-2012 07:43 AM)Lunatic Wrote:  
k

goodbye

Hope you can fill in all the boxes before you bleed to death
05-07-2012 11:17 AM
King Bum Offline
Tard

I don't think there's a point.

You just do some stuff as a kid/teen,breed,do some more stuff as an adult,get really old then die.

Basically humans,like every other living thing on Earth,are just truly meant to reproduce.
05-07-2012 03:08 PM
The Jester Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I think of humanity as mould. It can grow under the right circumstance but it doesn't have a purpose or a point, it just happen to exist. And this is one of the reasons why I despise most people, they're so egocentric that they think they have some sort of purpose or are "special". When in reality they're worth just as much as a fly, which would be nothing.

I don't believe there's a point to my life (or anyone else's).
05-07-2012 07:53 PM
Hazarth Offline
braindead

yes, Humans relative to universe are as worthless as a fly or anything else. BUT! Humans relative to living thing on earth are worth more because of our superior humanoid body and brain capable of creative thinking. Now you can say that fly is pointless for the universe, as it doesn't really affect it in almost any real way... But for our planet its as important as any other bug or animal, they all have their place in here. Now I don't believe that we are any more "special" than anything else on this world, nor do I believe that other life forms live for our comfort. I just simply know that we are capable of changing priorities in long and short term. this gives us the ability to create goals. Also I am not saying that you have to have one, or better, that you can't have more, I am just stating, that having a "point of life" is simply more fun and creative.

just to make this all straight, I am not asking for the point of humankind, but your personal point of living. if it makes more sense

05-08-2012 02:03 AM
Ami Offline
Renegade

Given 18 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

I agree with everyone who said life is meaningless, which is why I choose to give it my meaning.

My meaning in life is to enjoy myself, aid others, and end compulsory education.
05-09-2012 02:10 AM
1312 Offline
It gets better, believe me. :)

Given 44 thank(s) in 30 post(s)

My point of life? I don't have one, why? Because "you can't do it without school", "you will fail", "you will sell your body to men(Please note that I'm male... Teachers at their finest)" and it just gets to me, even my parents lose faith in that I can do anything I want, they say I'm too lazy and won't do anything, just because I don't want to do what I'm TOLD to do, it doesn't mean I won't do what I want to do.

Actually fuck the negative shit and everyone that tells you that you can't do something, when they can't do something, they will tell you that YOU can't do it.

Too complex to follow, isn't it?
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2012 07:46 AM by 1312.)
05-09-2012 03:29 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Nope, it's quite straight forward actually. But letting this point of yours been taken away doesn't seem to be a smart move.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
05-09-2012 07:23 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

lol @ arguments.

My point in life is to be a good friend, stand up for underdogs, and spend as much time with good friends as possible.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
05-10-2012 07:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply