RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
19 Signs That America Has Become A Nation Where Almost Everything is illegal
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
19 Signs That America Has Become A Nation Where Almost Everything is illegal

Quote:Do you think that you are free? Most Americans would still probably answer "yes" to that question, but is that really the case?

In the film Edge of Darkness, Mel Gibson stated that "everything is illegal in Massachusetts". Well, the same could pretty much be said for the United States as a whole.

Our lives are governed by millions of laws, rules and regulations and more are being piled on all the time. In fact, 40,000 new laws just went into effect in January.

Every single new law restricts your freedom just a little bit more. The truth is that America has become a crazy control freak nation where virtually everything that we do is highly regulated. You have probably broken multiple laws today that you don't even know exist.

We have all become criminals and lawbreakers because almost everything is illegal at this point. Our politicians are convinced that they are "making life better" by piling gigantic mountains of laws onto our backs, and law enforcement authorities are convinced that they are helping society by "cracking down on crime", but the reality is that our liberties and our freedoms are being strangled by all of this government oppression. This is not the way that America is supposed to work.

Yes, every society needs laws. But the laws should be short enough and simple enough that everybody can read them and understand them.

In America today, there is no possible way that any of us could ever read all of the laws that apply to us. Most of us just live our daily lives and try to do the "right" thing. But there is no guarantee that men with guns will not show up at your door one evening because of some obscure regulation that you have broken.

The following are 19 signs that America has become a crazy control freak nation where almost everything is illegal.

#1 One California town is actually considering making it illegal to smoke in your own backyard.

#2 In Louisiana, a church was recently ordered to stop giving out water because it did not have a permit to do so.

#3 In the United States it is illegal to operate a train that does not have an "F" painted on the front. Apparently without that "F" we all might not know where the front of the train is.

#4 In many U.S. states is it now illegal to collect rain that falls from the sky on to your own property.

#5 In America today it is illegal to milk your cow and sell the milk to your neighbor. If you do this, there is a good chance that federal agents will raid your home at the crack of dawn.

#6 In Washington D.C. it is illegal not to recycle cat litter.

#7 It is illegal to give a tour of the monuments in Washington D.C. without a license.

#8 In the United States it is illegal to sell natural cures for cancer -- even if they work.

#9 In the state of Massachusetts it is illegal to deface a milk carton.

#10 In the state of Alabama, bear wrestling is completely illegal.

#11 In Fairbanks, Alaska it is illegal to give alcoholic beverages to a moose.

#12 In Lake Elmo, Minnesota it is illegal to sell pumpkins or Christmas trees that are grown outside city limits.

#13 There is a federal law that makes it illegal to be "annoying" on the Internet.

#14 If you register with a false name on MySpace or Facebook you could potentially "spend five years in federal prison".

#15 In Hazelwood, Missouri it is illegal for little girls to sell girl scout cookies in the front yards of their own homes.

#16 All over the United States lemonade stands run by children are being shut down because they do not have the proper permits.

#17 In Florida, it is illegal to bring a plastic butter knife to school.

#18 In San Juan Capistrano, California it is illegal to hold a home Bible study without a "conditional use permit".

#19 In the city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania it is illegal to make even a single dollar from a blog unless you buy a $300 business license.

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/02/19-s...crazy.html

The facebook one and the annoying internet one made me facepalm hard.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
03-01-2012 01:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)
RE: 19 Signs That America Has Become A Nation Where Almost Everything is illegal

Yeah because they're definitely gunna arrest you for all of these
I doubt they care

No, this is Patrick.
03-01-2012 01:08 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

RE: 19 Signs That America Has Become A Nation Where Almost Everything is illegal

(03-01-2012 01:08 AM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  Yeah because they're definitely gunna arrest you for all of these
I doubt they care

Yeah but it still takes time and money to bring these laws up while not to mention giving great legal holes to arrest people who have done no wrong.

image hosting jpg
03-01-2012 01:14 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

10 is only legit one.

Previously known as Derchin.
03-01-2012 01:14 AM
1312 Offline
It gets better, believe me. :)

Given 44 thank(s) in 30 post(s)

8, oh I wonder what it is...
03-01-2012 01:29 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

(03-01-2012 01:29 AM)LedoS Wrote:  8, oh I wonder what it is...

Why do you want to fuck jews

No, this is Patrick.
03-01-2012 01:30 AM
1312 Offline
It gets better, believe me. :)

Given 44 thank(s) in 30 post(s)

It's not literal meaning, if that's what you mean.
03-01-2012 01:32 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

(03-01-2012 01:32 AM)LedoS Wrote:  It's not literal meaning, if that's what you mean.

No I mean explain it because I am not going to read all that shit in the link

No, this is Patrick.
03-01-2012 01:36 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Pot perhaps?

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
03-01-2012 02:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

Given 63 thank(s) in 46 post(s)

If I ever disappear off of here for 5 years, it'll be because of number 14. I have a fake fb with my username here.

The purpose of life is a life with a purpose
So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless
I don’t need the circus or the day of national observance
I need you to think for you and stop being a servant
-Immortal Technique, The Martyr, The Martyr
03-01-2012 02:14 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

Yeah fuck that. I don't think they're enforced though.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
03-01-2012 09:10 PM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

They just banned "fake" marijuana in New Jersey. Any chemicals that mimic the effects of marijuana are banned. Fucking stupid as fuck.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
03-02-2012 12:18 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

(03-02-2012 12:18 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  They just banned "fake" marijuana in New Jersey. Any chemicals that mimic the effects of marijuana are banned. Fucking stupid as fuck.

Is where you live anything like Jersey Shore????

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
03-02-2012 04:01 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

(03-02-2012 04:01 AM)gore goroth Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 12:18 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  They just banned "fake" marijuana in New Jersey. Any chemicals that mimic the effects of marijuana are banned. Fucking stupid as fuck.

Is where you live anything like Jersey Shore????

No but I go to Seaside (where Jersey Shore is filmed) and Wildwood (has a better boardwalk than Seaside) every summer.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
03-02-2012 04:11 AM
Levio_Sah Away
^this person is awesome

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

The stuff that the government bans is this herb stuff sprayed with a chemical that has the same effect as THC. It's banned becuase it gets you high. But that's no the only kind of fake pot. If you want to make some cheap money, get some tried strawberry leaves and mix it with pot-scented incense. Then sell it to 7th graders. Easy money, bro! Just make sure not to sell it to anyone older than 6th or 7th grade, and try to do it in some place where you don't live and give them a fake name and all that, so as to not get beat up by their older brothers or something.

---------------------
"Unrequited love can be survived in a way that once-requited love cannot."
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 05:23 AM by Levio_Sah.)
03-02-2012 05:19 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

I just saw that they banned it here in PA too. The attorney general can do that on a whim? The fuck? Also, excuse my misspellings, I have to install some shit for spell check or whatever real quick.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
03-02-2012 05:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Proudly in violation of #14. If anybody I don't want to add me on Facebook asks, I can just tell them I don't have one. Then when they look me up nothing will come up, so having a fake name fool-proof. Smile

Who am I? Who are YOU?
03-02-2012 11:46 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

That doesn't really matter. There are types of incense people smoke that are like marijuana, but don't last as long and are actually detrimental to your health if over-used. I can find out what if you want, I know people who use it sometimes.

03-03-2012 02:13 AM
IamNoone Offline
Pro Procrastinator

(03-02-2012 11:46 AM)|55555| Wrote:  Proudly in violation of #14. If anybody I don't want to add me on Facebook asks, I can just tell them I don't have one. Then when they look me up nothing will come up, so having a fake name fool-proof. Smile
You should join the School Survival Facebook group with that account. I have this name on there to, just message me.

we just post related articles and rants there, like a mini-forum sometimes.

03-03-2012 02:14 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

(03-03-2012 02:14 AM)IamNoone Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 11:46 AM)|55555| Wrote:  Proudly in violation of #14. If anybody I don't want to add me on Facebook asks, I can just tell them I don't have one. Then when they look me up nothing will come up, so having a fake name fool-proof. Smile
You should join the School Survival Facebook group with that account. I have this name on there to, just message me.

we just post related articles and rants there, like a mini-forum sometimes.

I used to go on there on my old account. Never got around to it on my new one. I'll find you on there.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
03-03-2012 02:17 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

it is only illegal if you do not get caught.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
03-03-2012 03:10 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

Sup Wes.

Previously known as Derchin.
03-03-2012 03:24 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

It is only illegal if you get caught, else everything is "leeegaall"

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
03-03-2012 03:24 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

(03-03-2012 02:13 AM)IamNoone Wrote:  

That doesn't really matter. There are types of incense people smoke that are like marijuana, but don't last as long and are actually detrimental to your health if over-used. I can find out what if you want, I know people who use it sometimes.

I use it almost every weekend
If you need someone knowledgeable about the topic of legal and illegal herbs look no further

No, this is Patrick.
03-03-2012 03:31 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

ZOMG its WES!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
03-03-2012 04:23 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Hai gaiz.

03-03-2012 05:42 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(03-03-2012 05:42 AM)Weswammy Wrote:  Hai gaiz.

Wes your back!!1
Man where the hell have you been?

image hosting jpg
03-03-2012 05:43 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Not China. I have come from the badlands of Facebook.

03-03-2012 05:50 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

(03-03-2012 05:50 AM)Weswammy Wrote:  Not China. I have come from the badlands of Facebook.

You poor tired soul.
relax, have a snack.. Hows about some..

image hosting jpg
03-03-2012 06:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "Illegal Immigration" ComradeDaryl 12 7,833 11-08-2015 03:39 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  21 Signs That The UK Is Being Transformed Into A Hellish Big Brother place HeartofShadows 17 7,247 04-03-2012 11:34 AM
Last Post: gore goroth
  Obama signs anti-protest Trespass Bill HeartofShadows 3 2,323 03-12-2012 04:14 AM
Last Post: The Shadowman
  illegal everything iexist 2 2,103 03-01-2012 09:08 AM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  20 Signs Of Imminent Financial Collapse In Europe HeartofShadows 7 3,155 09-20-2011 08:24 AM
Last Post: Liquid
  Why is marijuana illegal? HeartofShadows 7 2,895 03-16-2010 06:29 PM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  Obama signs hate crimes bill into law returnal 22 6,112 11-07-2009 12:57 PM
Last Post: Squittle
  if you were in charge of a country/nation... aerftghyjk 16 4,193 01-26-2009 04:27 AM
Last Post: Faby
  Illegal Immigrants Z? 35 6,741 07-01-2007 05:49 AM
Last Post: thewake