RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Election Fraud in canada...
avrillavigne12251 Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Thumbs Down Election Fraud in canada...

Quote: Government officials and police are investigating after allegations surfaced this week of widespread voter suppression tactics in the last Canadian election.

An Ottawa Citizen special report uncovered dozens of complaints from ridings across the country accusing Conservative campaigns of rude and harassing phone calls.

Among the examples are automated phone calls at odd hours (so-called “robocalls”), callers sending voters to wrong or fictitious polling stations, combative callers, callers using offensive accents in ridings with ethnic candidates and calls to Jewish households during supper hour of the Saturday Sabbath.

Liberal campaign workers said they became confused when they started to encounter angered and agitated voters on the campaign trail.

Opposition parties called it's Canada's "Nixonian moment," apparently trying to compare it to the Watergate investigation that led to President Nixon's resignation.

In one of many examples the Citizen uncovered, Liberal candidate Raymond Simard said his volunteers fielded angry phone calls from voters accusing his campaign rude phone calls.

During subsequent stops in the riding of Saint Boniface, Man., the backlash continued.

“The next day, I was knocking on doors, walking through some of our strong (neighborhoods), and some of our people at the doors were saying, “What are you doing here? You guys just called at seven this morning,” he told the Citizen.

The Citizen said calls targeted Liberal Party supporters in competitive ridings.

The federal election happened May 2, and voters complained then of being sent to the wrong polling station by automated phone messages claiming to be from Elections Canada. The Citizen story brought the scope of the allegations forward.

The Conservative government won a majority with 166 of 308 seats.

More from GlobalPost: Harper promises no surprises after crushing victory

Prime Minister Stephen Harper disavowed any connection to the phone calls, and said any Conservative party member with knowledge of voter suppression is obliged to report it to Elections Canada or the police.

“Our party has no knowledge of these calls. It’s not part of our campaign,” Harper said, the Globe and Mail reported. “Obviously, if there is anyone who has done anything wrong, we will expect that they will face the full consequences of the law.”

The Liberal Party called for an emergency debate in Parliament.

“There's a very disturbing pattern underway of direct misinformation, essentially lies being phoned in to a variety of ridings,” Liberal leader Bob Rae told CBC. “This isn’t voter suppression; it’s the equivalent of stuffing a ballot box.”

Thats from a news site. I think this is just sick and so low, even for conservatives. Whats the point of a democracy? And we have an apparently "better" democracy than the states, not like its some country where this is common place.

most people do think its the Conservatives, and i agree. Of course theyll deny and deny, but theres already been scandal because some guy got fired and the Conservatives were in business with the company that placed the robocalls, but they wont say what for.

I love the comparisons of Stephen Harper and Nixon though. Hope he does get impeached.

Honesty is the best policy, but Insanity is a much better defense.
Nutter
02-26-2012 05:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  This US election map shows something very interesting James Comey 8 3,573 04-11-2017 05:54 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Sherlock is a fraud The Jester 6 3,838 05-10-2012 06:25 PM
Last Post: The Jester
  Ron Paul Openly Calls GOP Election Fraud UnschoolShqiponjë 4 2,810 03-13-2012 07:36 AM
Last Post: thewake
  UK General Election aaaaaaasd 13 4,292 04-16-2010 09:34 AM
Last Post: John Tuttle
  Election in Iran aaaaaaasd 10 3,213 06-30-2009 02:18 PM
Last Post: jammoe
  Election Day! schoolhater234 26 5,613 11-06-2008 08:32 AM
Last Post: thewake
  2008 presidential election youvebeenthunderstruck 32 6,275 06-26-2008 12:53 PM
Last Post: i-am-the-liquor
  bush will cancel election of 08 Ash 20 4,563 05-28-2008 09:09 AM
Last Post: Alucard483
  US Election 2008! Emie 54 7,997 03-03-2008 02:12 PM
Last Post: Ahab