RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This is absolutely sickening.
Vainomoinen Offline
Defiant

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
RE: This is absolutely sickening.

Sorry she sounds like a teenage bitch with a bad attitude, my sister pulls the same shit. If he payed for the laptop he can do whatever the fuck he wants to it.
04-18-2012 12:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

6 pages!
04-18-2012 12:38 PM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

(04-18-2012 12:37 PM)Vainomoinen Wrote:  Sorry she sounds like a teenage bitch with a bad attitude, my sister pulls the same shit. If he payed for the laptop he can do whatever the fuck he wants to it.

If you pay for something, but give it as a gift, it is no longer yours.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
04-18-2012 01:33 PM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

Shitty kids and shitty parents= that stupid internet phenomenon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
end of rine

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
04-18-2012 02:25 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

(04-18-2012 01:33 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  
(04-18-2012 12:37 PM)Vainomoinen Wrote:  Sorry she sounds like a teenage bitch with a bad attitude, my sister pulls the same shit. If he payed for the laptop he can do whatever the fuck he wants to it.

Unless the person you give it to is your underage child. Then your still considered the property owner and can remove it at will.
04-18-2012 10:42 PM
Fanatic

(04-18-2012 10:42 PM)Aya Wrote:  
(04-18-2012 01:33 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  

Unless the person you give it to is your underage child. Then your still considered the property owner and can remove it at will.

The law can suck my cock. In the real world you give someone something and it is theirs, unless you specify any other parameters. I don't go by what the law says I go by what is right and fucking normal.

Lessons taught to daughter:

Misuse of firearm.

Lack of respect for firearm.

Lack of respect for one's or someone's property.

Act irrationally and publicly humiliate. (please don't tell me "oh but the daughter did it!" If he had such a problem with what she did, he would not have done the same exact (except worse) thing to "teach her a lesson" he was being petty and acting no better than an ignorant caveman)

Live until you die
04-19-2012 12:00 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

lolumad.jpg

(04-18-2012 01:33 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Act irrationally and publicly humiliate. (please don't tell me "oh but the daughter did it!" If he had such a problem with what she did, he would not have done the same exact (except worse) thing to "teach her a lesson" he was being petty and acting no better than an ignorant caveman)

Paybacks a bitch ain't it?
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2012 01:39 AM by Aya.)
04-19-2012 01:39 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Wow aya that's lame

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
04-19-2012 03:56 AM
Fanatic

(04-19-2012 01:39 AM)Aya Wrote:  lolumad.jpg

(04-18-2012 01:33 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Act irrationally and publicly humiliate. (please don't tell me "oh but the daughter did it!" If he had such a problem with what she did, he would not have done the same exact (except worse) thing to "teach her a lesson" he was being petty and acting no better than an ignorant caveman)

Paybacks a bitch ain't it?

You reap what you sow.

Live until you die
04-19-2012 04:19 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

^ Except if you actually watch the first part of the video, he mentions very clearly that this situation has occurred before. And the last time it happened, his reaction was politically correct: He gave her a stern lecture and a grounding.

And Hos: How is that lame. The dumbass went online, trashed her father on a public forum, exaggerated half her claims against him, and to top it all off, did it all on a computer he spent over $100 and the better part of a day upgrading. I feel absolutely no sympathy for this bitch.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2012 04:21 AM by Aya.)
04-19-2012 04:19 AM
Fanatic

(04-19-2012 04:19 AM)Aya Wrote:  ^ Except if you actually watch the first part of the video, he mentions very clearly that this situation has occurred before. And the last time it happened, his reaction was politically correct: He gave her a stern lecture and a grounding.

And Hos: How is that lame. The dumbass went online, trashed her father on a public forum, exaggerated half her claims against him, and to top it all off, did it all on a computer he spent over $100 and the better part of a day upgrading. I feel absolutely no sympathy for this bitch.

You think that man is always a logical respectful father? Haha yeah okay. Not to mention you just auto believe whatever he says.

All we know is, girl trashed her dad on facebook (we do not know if she was being honest or exaggerating) dad claims daughter did this before and is really a brat (again no way to tell if he is being honest)

She complains on her facebook, he shoots her laptop. Both were posted on facebook (It wasn't him who posted it on Youtube someone else did).

He is the out of control (or more out of control) one. It also becomes apparent where she got her tendency to rant on facebook instead of discussing with her parents.

Live until you die
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2012 04:43 AM by UnschoolShqiponjë.)
04-19-2012 04:42 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

I never said the man was perfect. I just said that the last time he handled the situation he did so in a socially acceptable manner. It didn't work. So instead of doing the same thing over and over, her got creative. Props to him.

Quote:All we know is, girl trashed her dad on facebook (we do not know if she was being honest or exaggerating) dad claims daughter did this before and is really a brat (again no way to tell if he is being honest)

And who do you think I believe in this case? The girl's list of grievances include the backbreaking labor or making coffee for her father, and having to lock her door to keep out her annoying little brother. Oh the horror.

She's clearly exaggerating her claims as well as pandering for attention and sympathy on the INTERNET. And based on all the knee jerk reactions out there immediately vilifying the father, (including yours*) she succeeded. Too bad for her most people think she's a spoiled brat.

Hidden stuff:
(02-10-2012 02:31 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  He thinks he is a big fucking tough guy. I would fucking destroy him and his bitch ass.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2012 06:00 AM by Aya.)
04-19-2012 06:00 AM
Fanatic

He got creative by destroying her property (and to pander to your view that since she is a minor it isn't hers he destroyed his own property that he worked on himself)? That isn't creative that is destructive and idiotic. He literally threw a tantrum because his ego was hurt by his daughters own tantrum.

Without believing either of them the man clearly over reacted. You don't need to believe the girl or even think she is a victim. All the obvious facts point to the father over reacting and being destructive and disrespectful. The girl over reacted and was disrespectful. She didn't break anything or destroy anyone's property.

On the INTERNET? No on facebook and to her friends. Hardly the whole internet.

It wasn't her who got me to vilify that crazed man. It was his own actions. I saw the video of him shooting the laptop before I read her little bitching essay.

I stand by what I said still. He thinks he is so damn tough. Fucking hillbilly shooting his gun off like it's a fucking toy. Get the fuck out of here. No respect for property, no respect for firearms, and clearly that family has no respect for each other.

Don't get me wrong I was biased at first. It wasn't making me have a worse view of the dad but it made me have a better view of the daughter than she deserved. Let's say the dad acted rationally and took away the laptop and had a discussion (not a *stern* lecture which is just a one sided berating) and did not ground her (which is an artificial consequence to her actions, thus she is unlikely to think about her own actions and just get mad at her dad) the first time. I can bet that there would have been no more issues. I also would not have viewed the dad as an irrational idiot if he decided to take away her laptop for good and make her buy her own if it did happen a second time.

Live until you die
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2012 06:29 AM by UnschoolShqiponjë.)
04-19-2012 06:16 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Thanks unschool. Too late to say he said she said

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
04-19-2012 06:48 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

UnschoolShqiponjë ' Wrote:  It wasn't her who got me to vilify that crazed man. It was his own actions. I saw the video of him shooting the laptop before I read her little bitching essay.

Except the essay was read off before he shot at the laptop. The only way you couldve seen his actions first is if you just skipped to the last minute or viewed a biased source that cut the first few minutes out. Either way it proves my point that you made a knee jerk reaction without viewing all the details.

Quote:I stand by what I said still. He thinks he is so damn tough. Fucking hillbilly shooting his gun off like it's a fucking toy. Get the fuck out of here.

And what did you do in response? You beat your chest like an ape and claimed you could "destroy his bitch ass". Ooooh aren't you a tough man?

Seriously dude, check your daddy issues at the door.
04-19-2012 07:21 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

[Image: 239-oh-look-its-this-thread-again.jpg]

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
04-19-2012 08:04 AM
Fanatic

(04-19-2012 07:21 AM)Aya Wrote:  
UnschoolShqiponjë ' Wrote:  It wasn't her who got me to vilify that crazed man. It was his own actions. I saw the video of him shooting the laptop before I read her little bitching essay.

Except the essay was read off before he shot at the laptop. The only way you couldve seen his actions first is if you just skipped to the last minute or viewed a biased source that cut the first few minutes out. Either way it proves my point that you made a knee jerk reaction without viewing all the details.

Quote:I stand by what I said still. He thinks he is so damn tough. Fucking hillbilly shooting his gun off like it's a fucking toy. Get the fuck out of here.

And what did you do in response? You beat your chest like an ape and claimed you could "destroy his bitch ass". Ooooh aren't you a tough man?

Seriously dude, check your daddy issues at the door.

My dad would never ever disrespect me like that, like wise I would never disrespect him in such a way. Don't assume because I think he is an illogical ass that I have issues with my dad.

I like beating my chest, let these guys know they are not tough shooting a girl's laptop who is completely reliant on them. If he was a friend of mine I would ask him to square up with me.

My reaction was not knee jerk because I still stand by it. Knee jerk implies an over reaction that I later retract. My opinion on the girl was knee jerk, not my opinion on that ignoramus.

Live until you die
04-19-2012 01:07 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

(04-19-2012 01:07 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  My reaction was not knee jerk because I still stand by it. Knee jerk implies an over reaction that I later retract. My opinion on the girl was knee jerk, not my opinion on that ignoramus.

Wrong

1. an immediate unthinking emotional reaction produced by an event or statement to which the reacting person is highly sensitive; - in persons with strong feelings on a topic, it may be very predictable.

No where in the definition does it say anything about retracting at a later date. ufail.jpg
04-20-2012 04:51 AM
Fanatic

It comes from the patellar reflex. When you get hit on tendon with the tendon mallet your leg kicks out, then you retract it back. It does not stay out.

Live until you die
04-20-2012 12:59 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

^ the fuck are you rambling about.

Let's recap:

1. you've already admitting to making your judgements on this guy before hearing his side. Despite the fact that he tells his side of the story less than 30 second into the video.

2. You're an unabashed hypocrite. You get mad at this guy for 'thinking he's tough' in the way he punished his daughter. Then you say in the next sentence that you would 'destroy his bitch ass'

3. Now you want to fight with me over the origins of a colloquial phrase you can't even define properly in the first place?!

Go fuck yourself. You're on my list.
04-20-2012 02:40 PM
Fanatic

Quote:1. you've already admitting to making your judgements on this guy before hearing his side. Despite the fact that he tells his side of the story less than 30 second into the video.

Never said that.

Quote:2. You're an unabashed hypocrite. You get mad at this guy for 'thinking he's tough' in the way he punished his daughter. Then you say in the next sentence that you would 'destroy his bitch ass'

Difference: He thinks he is tough because he bullies an unarmed girl who is dependent on him by shooting her property. I know I am tough because I would square up with him in a fair one on one fight, and subsequently win.

Quote:3. Now you want to fight with me over the origins of a colloquial phrase you can't even define properly in the first place?!

I am defining it properly. The phrase comes from the patellar reflex. When you get hit on tendon with the tendon mallet your leg kicks out, then you retract it back. It does not stay out. When someone has a knee jerk reaction, they jump to a conclusion and later retract it because it was based on emotion. As I said, I still hold the same opinion on the dad, however my opinion of the girl changed because I assumed she was innocent right off the bat (that's the knee jerk) then retracted that assumption when the facts were presented in a blog I read (that's the retraction).

Quote:Go fuck yourself. You're on my list.

Oh noes someone on the internet is overly frustrated with my argument and now they think I'm dumb. I'm definitely gonna lose sleep over that.

Live until you die
04-21-2012 02:10 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

(04-21-2012 02:10 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Never said that.

Yes You did.

(04-19-2012 07:21 AM)Aya Wrote:  

Quote:Difference: He thinks he is tough because he bullies an unarmed girl who is dependent on him by shooting her property. I know I am tough because I would square up with him in a fair one on one fight, and subsequently win.

Minimal. You're still complaining about a guy for being tough on the Internet and responding to him by being tough on the Internet. And you're arrogant enough to think that you'd actually win. You don't know this guy. You don't know what he's been through in life or how many fights he's been in. Looks are deceiving. For all you know he could choke you out and put you in a hospital long before you get a change to knock his hat off.

Also, it's interesting you mentioned her being dependent on him. Had you actually listened to the first half of the video (which we both know you didn't) one of his complaints is that she won't get off her lazy ass and go look for a part time job.

Quote:I am defining it properly.

No

You're

Not

Seriously do you really think you know better than the fucking dictionary? Get real. Just because the phrase derived from a biological phenomenon doesn't mean it has still has the same meaning. In fact even if we look at the biological definition, nothing is mentioned about retraction.

From Google: Define Knee Jerk Reaction

The patellar reflex or knee-jerk is a deep tendon reflex and is a myotatic reflex..

No where in that definition does it mention anything about a retraction? You know way? Because the retraction is not part of the reflex! It comes afterwards either as a conscious or unconscious thought and it's caused by other muscle groups and nerves than the original reflex.

It must be really nice to twist reality to fit your own convoluted view of the world.
04-21-2012 04:21 AM
Fanatic

Okay you proved I did not hear him read the essay (which is her side of the story). I already stated that. Never said I didn't hear his side.

Quote:Minimal.

There isn't much I can do if you see how I acted and how he acted as the same.

As for the me winning the fight... well I know my talents and abilities but I don't know his. You don't know either of ours.

Quote:Also, it's interesting you mentioned her being dependent on him. Had you actually listened to the first half of the video (which we both know you didn't) one of his complaints is that she won't get off her lazy ass and go look for a part time job.

Hmm you like to bring up the law when it comes to property rights but the laws revolving around minors and work you conveniently ignore (Hint: they make it difficult for minors to get a job). Not to mention school is essentially a non-paying part time job so what does he expect and what do you expect?

Quote:Seriously do you really think you know better than the fucking dictionary?

Hmmm yeah I do actually like my definition better. Don't know why that upsets you so much though. Whether my reaction was knee jerk or not doesn't really matter, what matters is if my reaction was rational. Which as I said, my reaction toward the father was fine, but my reaction toward the girl was wrong.

Quote:Because the retraction is not part of the reflex!

Good point. However a logical person has no need to add:

Quote:It must be really nice to twist reality to fit your own convoluted view of the world.

Live until you die
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2012 05:03 AM by UnschoolShqiponjë.)
04-21-2012 05:01 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

(04-21-2012 05:01 AM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  Hmm you like to bring up the law when it comes to property rights but the laws revolving around minors and work you conveniently ignore (Hint: they make it difficult for minors to get a job). Not to mention school is essentially a non-paying part time job so what does he expect and what do you expect?

Rofl

Hmm convenient. I actually did look up the law regarding child labor in Texas. I posted what I found in this thread around the third or fourth page. Had you actually gone through the posts and done some research (which we know by now is not your forte) you would've realized the restrictions on teenagers in Texas are minimal.

Hint: a 15 year old in the state of Texas can work up to 48 hours a week if she were so inclined. That's overtime.

Quote:Hmmm yeah I do actually like my definition better.

Then you're a conceited irrational fuck who thinks he knows more than everyone else. There's really no point arguing with you anymore because you've just proven that;

1. You're not a rational person. Rational people don't go around changing the definition of words and phrases in their language to suit their needs
2. You're incredibly arrogant and self serving. You honestly think that you know more than the scholars who write, maintain and regularly update the English language dictionary, as well as medical professionals who have studied physiology and mechanics of the patellar reflex.

tl;dr: You're an asshole.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2012 06:30 AM by Aya.)
04-21-2012 06:25 AM
Fanatic

Regardless of whether Texas has looser restrictions than other states it is still more difficult than if she was 18.

Quote:tl;dr: You're an asshole.

Thank you miss.

Anyone who can read this thread can see who is being irrational. Whether they even agree with our original points or not.

Live until you die
04-21-2012 06:40 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

At least I don't think I know more than the dictionary.
04-21-2012 07:18 AM
Fanatic

(04-21-2012 07:18 AM)Aya Wrote:  At least I don't think I know more than the dictionary.

Well I have beaten the dictionary in a spelling bee.

Live until you die
04-21-2012 07:37 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

[Image: children_fighting-and-adult.jpg]
The bear is the definition of knee-jerk.
04-21-2012 08:08 AM
Superkamiguru Offline
Resistance Leader

Given 84 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

(04-09-2012 07:44 AM)fish20 Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 05:55 PM)Teini Wrote:  This guy's reaction is absurd. How fucking melodramatic of him. You don't adequately communicate with your daughter, so the only place she feels like she can vent is on Facebook of all places. And you react like a brainless nut? I would be more upset that my daughter felt more comfortable sharing her feelings with a bunch of people on Facebook, rather than coming to me directly and voicing her concerns. At that point, he should have rethought his parenting, rather than reinforcing his daughter's reasons to go as far as to block him from seeing her venting and not talking to him about it. And also.. Really? Shooting the laptop? He couldn't have just donated it to the local library, or kept it until he found a use for it? His best solution was to shoot it?
What worries me even more is all the idiots commenting with complete approval of his ridiculous, over-the-top reaction. My mother watched the video with me and thought he was being a ridiculous nut. I can't believe he thought posting a video, shooting a laptop, grounding her for years, and overall just being a complete fucking idiot was the best solution to a simple teenage rant on Facebook.
I just don't understand how people can view his reaction as acceptable.

This.

Hidden stuff:
"CONSENSUAL incest is not wrong. (Abuse victims: being abused by a relative does not make it wrong for others to have consensual incest, any more than rape by a stranger makes all sex wrong. Sex and assault/molestation are two different things.) An aversion became common in humans that aided in population growth as one disease couldn't wipe out the human race. That's not a problem anymore.

Consensual incest is very common. You know people who have been involved, whether you know it or not.

There is no rational reason for keeping laws or taboos against consensual
incest that is consistently applied to other relationships. Personal disgust or religion is only a reason why one person would not want to personally engage in what I call consanguinamory, not why someone else shouldn't do it. An adult should be free to share love, sex, residence, and marriage with ANY consenting adults. Youthful experimentation between close relatives close in age is not uncommon, and there are more people than you'd think out there who are in lifelong healthy, happy relationships with a close relative. It isn't for everyone, but we're not all going to want to have each others' love lives, now are we? If someone thinks YOUR love life is disgusting, should you be thrown in prison?

Some people try to justify their prejudice against consanguineous sex and
marriage by being part-time eugenicists and saying that such relationships inevitably lead to “mutant” or “deformed” babies. This argument can be refuted on several fronts. 1. Some consanguineous relationships involve only people of the same gender. 2. Not all mixed-gender relationships birth biological children. 3. Most births to consanguineous parents do not produce children with significant birth defects or other genetic problems; while births to other parents do sometimes have birth defects. 4. We don’t prevent other people from marrying or deny them their reproductive rights based on increased odds of passing along a genetic problem or inherited disease. It is true that in general, children born to consanguineous parents have an increased chance of these problems than those born to nonconsanguineous parents, but the odds are still minimal. Unless someone is willing to deny reproductive rights and medical privacy to others and force everyone to take genetic tests and bar carriers and the congenitally disabled and women over 35 from having children, then equal protection principles prevent this from being a justification to bar this freedom of association and freedom to marry.

Some say "Your sibling should not be your lover." That is not a reason. It begs the question. Many people have many relationships that have more than one aspect. Some women say their sister is their best friend. Why can’t their sister be a wife, too?

Some say “There is a power differential.” This applies least of all to siblings or cousins who are close in age, but even where the power differential exists, it is not a justification for denying this freedom to sex or to marry. There is a power differential in just about any relationship, sometimes an enormous power differential. To question if consent is truly possible in these cases is insulting and demeaning.

Some say “There are so many people outside of your family." There are plenty of people within one’s own race, too, but that is no reason to ban interracial marriage. So, this isn't a good reason either. Let consenting adults love each other the way they want!"-Keith Pullman

01-18-2017 06:39 AM
HSHARK Offline
Revolutionary

Given 40 thank(s) in 29 post(s)

Typical redneck outfit and logic
01-20-2017 01:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Thanks (For Absolutely Nothing!) Illuzion 4 2,442 05-22-2014 12:52 AM
Last Post: Ky
  Absolutely pointless assembly James Comey 2 2,086 09-25-2013 09:29 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  This is absolutely ridiculous..Absolutely fucking ridiculous haza 3 2,858 10-12-2007 04:53 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser