RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate being right
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
I hate being right

Taking my own advice for once is a bitch. If I had a friend like myself he would tell me to get the fuck out of the situation and that this isn't worth it.

I met the most amazing girl. She is really smart, pretty, friendly, a GREAT communicator (seriously the best quality a girl could have in my eyes) and just an all around good person. I thought things where going really well, she even said she might sleep over at my place because her roommate was so terrible. But then when the time came, it turned out her roommate wasn't home, and she got super excited and said she was going to peace out because she was tired. I told her that the offer will always stand, that if she ever needs to crash somewhere my place is always available, and she laughed and said "thank you, you're a good friend!"

a good friend. thats it. no chances. After the first night its already over and I got no chance at this. If this was highschool, maybe I could pretend this is just a weird girl thing. but this is college, girls don't pussyfoot their way around this sort of thing and they sure as shit dont call anyone they are attracted to a friend

I really need to finish bulking up so I never have this issue again :/

just one of those nights I guess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
01-29-2012 05:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)
RE: I hate being right

I can't seem to blame the girl in this situation. It doesn't seem like she led you on. That being said I know the feeling you have. Sucks man. Is she the type to go for the asshole guys then complain about it later?

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
01-29-2012 06:05 PM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

If she's so amazing, why not enjoy your friendship with her? Why do you have to fuck her, anyway?

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
01-29-2012 06:32 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Enjoy the Friendzone Jesus.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
01-29-2012 06:37 PM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

(01-29-2012 06:32 PM)Faby Wrote:  Why do you have to fuck her, anyway?

He didn't say anything about fucking her?

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
01-29-2012 06:50 PM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

Put your glasses on, LOL, that's the whole fucking point of the thread xD

If it's not fucking, what could it possibly be about? Being someone's friend and being someone's boyfriend is pretty much the same if you cut out the kissing and the fucking :\

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
01-29-2012 06:58 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

(01-29-2012 06:58 PM)Faby Wrote:  Being someone's friend and being someone's boyfriend is pretty much the same if you cut out the kissing and the fucking :\

Then why do males sometimes get infatuated by a female even when they're not neccessarily thinking of fucking? Maybe they subconciously think about the fucking.
01-29-2012 07:11 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

sucks man bitches and whores
01-30-2012 04:46 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

(01-29-2012 06:32 PM)Faby Wrote:  If she's so amazing, why not enjoy your friendship with her? Why do you have to fuck her, anyway?

This.

Also, things can and do grow from friendship into more than that. It's actually a pretty good basis for something solid if you can get it past that point in the first place.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
01-30-2012 07:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

(01-29-2012 06:05 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  I can't seem to blame the girl in this situation. It doesn't seem like she led you on. That being said I know the feeling you have. Sucks man. Is she the type to go for the asshole guys then complain about it later?

I don't blame her at all, if anything its mine for not being good enough. I just wan't to be anything less than too good for anyone, call it selfish if you will but this is more about me than her. I'm just struggling to be as good as I used to be. Being better seems completely out of reach now.

Quote:If she's so amazing, why not enjoy your friendship with her? Why do you have to fuck her, anyway?

Because friendship is easy and overrated. Fucking even more so. I just want people to appreciate me for more than just a goddamn friend. I have so much more to give and no one to fucking appreciate it. This sounds pretentious as fuck, but I feel so empty. I love having friends but "mad respect" can't ever compare to a girl appreciating you for your character, not just your actions.

Quote:Being someone's friend and being someone's boyfriend is pretty much the same if you cut out the kissing and the fucking :\

The most sad, sad, pathetic, and completely retarded way you could ever define a relationship. Its a pity because alot of people genuinely believe this horseshit and have their relationships accordingly.

Quote:Also, things can and do grow from friendship into more than that. It's actually a pretty good basis for something solid if you can get it past that point in the first place

friendship only leaves so much room to grow. I have had lots of friends. I have seen what they can do and can't do. Friends are cheap. Small time. I don't need anymore friends, and a friend is easy to come by. Potential for relationship, on the other-hand, is much harder to come by and I always take a shot at it when it passes by. Fucking a girl is hardly a relationship. It takes little skill, time, or effort. I could fuck a million girls and never have any feelings for them, because the lot of them are whores. One who actually strikes me as genuine... thats one I want. and I fucked up already. Dammit :(

01-30-2012 11:39 AM
Sapphire Flames Offline
Pariah

Given 9 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

So, if I have this right, you have no romance and that leaves a hole in your being or whatever, and you feel the need to better yourself to get someone in a relationship, correct?

"All Animals are equal, But some are more equal than others."
01-30-2012 11:57 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Sounds like you've never had a really close friendship before. I'd take one of those over a relationship any day. Although a relationship based on a close friendship would still be better.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
01-30-2012 12:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

(01-30-2012 12:02 PM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Sounds like you've never had a really close friendship before. I'd take one of those over a relationship any day. Although a relationship based on a close friendship would still be better.

Basically this. Relationships are for relationships. Friendships are for friendships. I've got one close friend, everyone else is basically just an acquaintance. (Except family of course.) Known the guy since ninth grade. Shit's been crazy.

Relationship wise I'm working on some leads, but yeah, while they're different, I definitely wouldn't call relationships trivial. Shit can get pretty deep, although yes, they are limited and can't always give you everything a relationship can.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
01-30-2012 01:15 PM
Fanatic

(01-30-2012 12:02 PM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Sounds like you've never had a really close friendship before. I'd take one of those over a relationship any day. Although a relationship based on a close friendship would still be better.

This.

Live until you die
01-30-2012 01:23 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

^ But, a lot of people fall into this "friendship with a girl who will never like them in order to eventually maybe turn it into a relationship" thing. Then they convince themselves that they won't go out with anyone else because it would somehow be disloyal to their one sided relationship they've got going in their head. Don't fucking do that shit.

Blog I post to now:

01-30-2012 01:28 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Laugh
... I'm laughing because I've done that. Uhoh

Hidden stuff:
01-30-2012 03:02 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Me too lol.

Blog I post to now:

01-30-2012 03:07 PM
Fanatic

(01-30-2012 01:28 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  ^ But, a lot of people fall into this "friendship with a girl who will never like them in order to eventually maybe turn it into a relationship" thing. Then they convince themselves that they won't go out with anyone else because it would somehow be disloyal to their one sided relationship they've got going in their head. Don't fucking do that shit.

I don't do this lol I can tell if a girl wants to keep going with it or just be friends. I don't fool myself (as much as I have wanted to sometimes)

One girl told me that I needed to prove to her that I wanted to have her as a girlfriend. She said I didn't try hard enough. I asked her what the hell she meant. Essentially she wanted me to act like a little bitch and an indentured servant to her. I told her to fuck herself and that I am looking for a partnership not a bitch/master relationship.

Live until you die
01-30-2012 07:47 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

^ Me too, nowadays, but I only came to treat girls as equals, and not as more important through some embarrassing situations. Somebody should have told me, lol.

Blog I post to now:

01-30-2012 07:49 PM
Fanatic

(01-30-2012 07:49 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  ^ Me too, nowadays, but I only came to treat girls as equals, and not as more important through some embarrassing situations. Somebody should have told me, lol.

Gotta learn somehow.

I would watch movies where the guy would do some dumb ass shit and demean himself to get a girl's attention. Those stupid fucking romance movies. I fucking HATED that and vowed I'd never do that. Lucky for me movies helped to teach me something useful.

Live until you die
01-30-2012 07:52 PM
Sapphire Flames Offline
Pariah

Given 9 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Oh christ, REAL friends. I have about 3 and one I would like to trust but can't.

Also, can't you be happy with a friendship?

"All Animals are equal, But some are more equal than others."
01-31-2012 10:34 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

(01-31-2012 10:34 AM)Sapphire Flames Wrote:  can't you be happy with a friendship?

No

Quote:Sounds like you've never had a really close friendship before. I'd take one of those over a relationship any day.

I have had close but never close enough. It takes years to develop that sort of relationship, and I have never lived in one place for more than 4 years. I can't ever imagine myself getting that close with a friend though, it sounds almost alien.

01-31-2012 04:31 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

[Image: Courage-Wolf-She-put-you-in-friend-zone-...e-zone.jpg]

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
01-31-2012 04:40 PM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

(01-30-2012 01:28 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  ^ But, a lot of people fall into this "friendship with a girl who will never like them in order to eventually maybe turn it into a relationship" thing. Then they convince themselves that they won't go out with anyone else because it would somehow be disloyal to their one sided relationship they've got going in their head. Don't fucking do that shit.

This is an accurate depiction of my status last month. Shit can get SO confusing. We're as close as close best friends can get, right up to sleeping in the same bed and telling each other anything. We're both very open and intimate (bar kissing and sex as faby put it) but eventually you pull through and see that you have one hell of an awesome friend who are one of a kind.

When I was in that period, I didn't look at any other girl in the same way as I did her. It was fucking horrible.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
01-31-2012 04:49 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

this shit is exactly the reason why i stay inside and play videogames all day
02-01-2012 01:28 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:I have had close but never close enough. It takes years to develop that sort of relationship, and I have never lived in one place for more than 4 years. I can't ever imagine myself getting that close with a friend though, it sounds almost alien.
Yeah, I couldn't imagine it either until it happened. It is actually a bit scary sometimes.

Does take years yes. But if moving is an issue there's always the internets... yeah, it's not quite the same, I know. Staying in the same place would still be better... but it's better than nothing.

Hidden stuff:
02-01-2012 05:08 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

(02-01-2012 01:28 AM)BaronVonStrangle Wrote:  this shit is exactly the reason why i stay inside and play videogames all day
With an attitude like yours you should be drowning in pussy.

02-01-2012 08:14 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

and yet I'm not

oh well more time to play vidya
02-01-2012 08:59 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

(02-01-2012 08:59 AM)BaronVonStrangle Wrote:  and yet I'm not

oh well more time to play vidya
I think I can help you. Lets get some drinks.

02-01-2012 09:05 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

My problem there ^^

(02-01-2012 01:28 AM)BaronVonStrangle Wrote:  this shit is exactly the reason why i stay inside and play videogames all day

Previously known as Derchin.
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2012 09:27 AM by Miller0700.)
02-01-2012 09:23 AM