RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any motorcycle riding SS'ers?
RandomTroll Offline
They see me trollin', they hatin'.

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)
Any motorcycle riding SS'ers?

Do you ride a motorcycle/moped/anything with 2 weels and a motor. If so, share what you drive, stories and stuff.

I used to drive a moped, tuned the shit out of it then sold it. Now I am getting A1 - Driver's license that allows me to legally drive a 125cc, It's also the highest class I can get, because I'm 16. I hope to get it and a 125cc bike before spring, I'm looking into enduros.

The fastest bike I drove was a Suzuki GSR 650, I got to 234 km/h (max speed for that bike is around 260, but it has > 80kW, so It's a powerhouse), then I had to slow down, because I ran out of road. I was riding in a safe place, very long, closed road, so I won't put myself and other people to harm, It was one of my life's best days. It happened this summer, I'm 16 and this is a lot at least for me. One day I'm hoping to go to 300km/h.
I've been driving mopeds and motorcycles since I was 12, my dad got me into riding motorcycles.
Crashes? Yes I had few, nothing very major, but one time I had to fix my dad's bike.

PS:. Please don't derail this thread into discussions about safety and cars vs motorcycles. Yes motorcycles are dangerous, so are cars and nearly everything that is around you.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2012 06:14 AM by RandomTroll.)
01-17-2012 06:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)
RE: Any motorcycle riding SS'ers?

IM actually in the process of buying once not sure though with the new bikes or the classic ones aka crotch rockets or harleys
01-17-2012 06:13 AM
RandomTroll Offline

(01-17-2012 06:13 AM)SaintVicious Wrote:  IM actually in the process of buying once not sure though with the new bikes or the classic ones aka crotch rockets or harleys

Depends on what you like, how much experience you have, what kind of build you are, do you like speed and such. I wouldn't recommend a Harley, because they are over-expensive crap IMO. Try looking into other classical, both Kawasaki and Yamaha make great ones. I also wouldn't recommend getting a "Croch-rocket" if you don't have enough experience. If you are just getting started on motorcycles get a 125 cc, if you feel confident enough, get a 350cc or a 500cc to play around. A great 500cc is Kawasaki Er500, it's cheap and is a great learning bike.

Hope my tips helped.
01-17-2012 06:19 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Oh no im experinced in riding but i meant as in old bicycle type handle bars instead of todays modern bikes
01-17-2012 06:22 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

I have a tricycle

am I cool yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
01-17-2012 06:24 AM
RandomTroll Offline

(01-17-2012 06:22 AM)SaintVicious Wrote:  Oh no im experinced in riding but i meant as in old bicycle type handle bars instead of todays modern bikes

Then It's up to you to decide. Go to your local dealer, try some bikes, ride around. Get the one you are most comfortable with, of course if you can afford it.

(01-17-2012 06:24 AM)Jesusaurisrex Wrote:  I have a tricycle

am I cool yet?
Nope
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2012 06:26 AM by RandomTroll.)
01-17-2012 06:26 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

I've got a "Simson Star", a friend of my brother gave it to him, but he never worked on it. Now I'll work on it, partly my own, with friends and with my dad to get it riding again. Experienced riding on the back of the motorcycle with my dad, it's fucking awesome. Gonna drive to school with it in summer, if my allergies don't kill me.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
01-17-2012 07:04 AM
cuttlefishCuller Offline
#1 Homestuck Spambot

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Eeeeee, motorcycles sound like so much fuuuuuun<3

How old were you guys when you first learned how to ride a bike? I'm pretty sure at fourteen it's still illegal here, but meh :/

(01-21-2012 10:42 PM)BaronVonStrangle Wrote:  homestuck more like homeSUCK
01-17-2012 07:07 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Dunno, I only remember the story of how I first sat on a motorcycle. It was that star my brothers owns... He said I should drive with it through the garden a few rounds. So, I got a short introduction to the pedals n stuff, then I should drive. Now the Gas throttle of the star is very short, way shorter than on a average motorcycle. I gave WAY to much gas, then the motorcycle made a wheelie and I drove literally up the tree before me...I didn't get hurt or anything, just a field of blue spots on my leg where the motorcycle fell on, so meh. In retrospect it was stupid having a tree in the driving field....

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
01-17-2012 07:15 AM
Crimson Symbiosis Offline
Respectless Rubber Glove

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

(01-17-2012 07:07 AM)cuttlefishCuller Wrote:  Eeeeee, motorcycles sound like so much fuuuuuun<3

How old were you guys when you first learned how to ride a bike? I'm pretty sure at fourteen it's still illegal here, but meh :/

I remember riding dirtbikes with my cousin when I was 12.

If people have to choose between freedom and sandwiches they will take sandwiches.
-Lord Boyd Orr

Hidden stuff:
You can get of what you want with a kind of word and a gun than you can with just a kind word. – Al Capone

When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist. – Dom Helder Camara

A man does not have himself killed for a half-pence a day or for petty distinction. You must speak to the soul to electrify him. – Napoleon Bonaparte

01-17-2012 07:19 AM
RandomTroll Offline

(01-17-2012 07:07 AM)cuttlefishCuller Wrote:  Eeeeee, motorcycles sound like so much fuuuuuun<3

Yes, they are very fun, It's like an addiction to me, to be hones.

I learned to ride a bike around 12. Three years before legal limit here.
01-17-2012 07:27 AM
cuttlefishCuller Offline
#1 Homestuck Spambot

Hehehehe, I have aaaaaaaall the jealousness for you guys.

My dad had a pretty bad motorbike accident when he was in college, and is real averse to letting us anywhere near a bike now! D:
The town close to us is a huge motorcycle hub, though, maybe I could talk to the guys that own the cycling shop?

01-17-2012 07:41 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

lol I FUCKED UP SO YOU ARENT ALLOWED TO.
01-17-2012 07:45 AM
cuttlefishCuller Offline
#1 Homestuck Spambot

(01-17-2012 07:45 AM)SaintVicious Wrote:  lol I FUCKED UP SO YOU ARENT ALLOWED TO.

no waaaay! I love my dad :(

he's just worried for us, I guess. Well-intentioned, but mistaken.

01-17-2012 07:48 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

I drive a car but I need to be 18 here to get a motorcycle >.<
Can't wait though!
This is going to be my future motorbike:
Hidden stuff:
[Image: ebay-tron-lightcycle-2.jpeg]

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2012 12:55 PM by Efs.)
01-17-2012 12:54 PM
Desu Offline
Fanatic

Given 340 thank(s) in 182 post(s)

yoU gUyS aRe sO xXxHaRdCoReXxX

RIP GORE GOROTH

He was an hero. He will always be remembered.
01-17-2012 01:39 PM
cuttlefishCuller Offline
#1 Homestuck Spambot

(01-17-2012 01:39 PM)Desu Wrote:  yoU gUyS aRe sO xXxHaRdCoReXxX

we're 2 seme 4 u :O

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2012 10:01 PM by cuttlefishCuller.)
01-17-2012 09:56 PM
bulgvar Offline
Gaysecks <3

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Motorcycles are dangerous
01-17-2012 10:01 PM
RandomTroll Offline

(01-17-2012 10:01 PM)bulgvar Wrote:  Motorcycles are dangerous
Yes, they are, so are cars, so please, don't derail this thread to safety discussions. This seems to be the case with most motorcycle related threads on other forums.
01-18-2012 02:06 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Regular dirtbike rider here. Also thinking about getting a moped or a motorcycle or something when I get the cash to save on gas.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
01-18-2012 03:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RandomTroll Offline

(01-18-2012 03:04 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  Regular dirtbike rider here. Also thinking about getting a moped or a motorcycle or something when I get the cash to save on gas.

*highfive* dirt bikes are awesome.

Get a motorcycle, you won't regret it.
01-19-2012 01:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  pov of guy riding down a mountain on a bike aaaaaaasd 3 1,690 05-18-2012 12:07 AM
Last Post: aaaaaaasd
  Any plans for riding out heat? Phrozen_Soul 32 11,796 08-09-2011 03:29 PM
Last Post: Desu
  Riding a bicycle in an airport psychopath 2 1,697 05-20-2011 08:08 PM
Last Post: The Desert Fox
  motorcycle accident Freak 9 1,969 09-02-2006 11:06 PM
Last Post: Freak