RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Government teacher thinks he knows how we learn
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Given 169 thank(s) in 113 post(s)
Government teacher thinks he knows how we learn

This Friday our government teacher was talking about combining two chapters into one test. Everybody in class disagreed with this, because both chapters are pretty difficult. His response?

We obviously don't know anything about how to give tests because we don't have a degree in teaching, or whatever the degree was that he was talking about.
We clearly also know nothing about how WE learn and how WE deal with tests, again because we don't have your stupid piece of paper stating how many years and how much money you've wasted to become a teacher.
He gave us this lecture that consisted of him bragging about how he's the almighty decision maker and that our opinion on the matter means nothing.
Then he said several times that if we get whatever degree it was then MAYBE he'd consider our opinion.
Wtf.
12-11-2011 09:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)
RE: Government teacher thinks he knows how we learn

Some teachers need to have that "I'm big, you're little" attitude. It builds up their ego.

Previously known as Derchin.
12-11-2011 09:32 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Get all students to not write the test. Then give the blanc test back. His powers are not as far as he thinks.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
12-11-2011 09:46 AM
RaiserZero Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

If you manage to get him to repeat all he said in the text you wrote, record it, publish it worldwide, reveal the evil face of schools. All the BS he spilled out of his mouth = Dictatorship??
I thought schools were more democratic than that.

All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers.
12-11-2011 10:40 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

He's a fucking conceited idiot. The worst part is he is conceited about something that is actually wrong. Pretty hot.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
12-11-2011 11:57 AM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

(12-11-2011 09:46 AM)aCol Wrote:  Get all students to not write the test. Then give the blanc test back. His powers are not as far as he thinks.

Everyone in my class is too much of a pussy to do that. Our teacher is in his 60s and from the "baby boomer" generation; he's sorta old school and incredibly strict.
He'd just give everyone a zero and move on.
12-11-2011 12:01 PM
thefrustrated Offline
Renegade

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

(12-11-2011 09:46 AM)aCol Wrote:  Get all students to not write the test. Then give the blanc test back. His powers are not as far as he thinks.

Hey if we get everyone to do that it would start a fucking revolution! The king isn't powerful without his servants.
12-11-2011 12:20 PM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Try it. You can, but I can already tell you the results. I would be surprised if they weren't like i imagined.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
12-11-2011 12:54 PM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Sounds similar to my government teacher. Whenever somebody questions his decisions in the class he just says "cause I'm a gangster." :| Most of the people in my Government class are idiots though, I don't blame him for not taking them seriously because I wouldn't either.

If you care about getting in to college don't screw yourself over on that test. Take it and move on. Government is a relatively easy class. Unless you're in AP or something, in which case what he's doing is really screwing you guys over.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2011 01:03 PM by Sunbourn.)
12-11-2011 01:02 PM
UltraRobot Offline
I need you to escape.

Given 6 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

Your government teacher is a real fag.

[Image: gPE89.gif]

[Image: DeusExTestSign.jpg]

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." - Albert Einstein

"Within a few years a simple and inexpensive device, readily carried about, will enable one to receive on land or sea the principal news, to hear a speech, a lecture, a song or play of a musical instrument, conveyed from any other region of the globe." - Nikola Tesla
12-12-2011 03:38 AM
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Oh, a teacher with a authorative personality.This is sooo new.
12-12-2011 05:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

One of my teachers tried that once. She changed her tune really fast after a third of the class walked out on her.
12-12-2011 09:39 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

(12-12-2011 09:39 AM)Ayliana Wrote:  One of my teachers tried that once. She changed her tune really fast after a third of the class walked out on her.

Wow good work haha

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
12-12-2011 11:00 AM
flann Offline
Revolutionary

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

I know teachers who know more about us than I know about me. Wtf. Sorry, but you've met an internal person part-time for 1 semester. I've met myself for 14 years. I think i know just a little bit more about myself.

And next semester, we have to take a class called Freshman Seminar. It's a class that teaches you how to take tests, take notes, learn, and listen. It makes me mad because we are the first freshman class that's getting it, and it's a waste of a semester. And it's boring with a decent amount of homework.

War is stupid.
12-12-2011 03:24 PM
Sharpie Offline
Banned

Luckily for me, I never had to take freshman seminar; instead I have this advisory thing before lunch, which normally would be when I do my homework. But instead, we're stuck doing ACT prep for the next ten weeks and they just make us do problems from a book and give us the answers.
12-12-2011 10:48 PM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

(12-12-2011 03:24 PM)flann Wrote:  [...]
And next semester, we have to take a class called Freshman Seminar. It's a class that teaches you how to take tests, take notes, learn, and listen. It makes me mad because we are the first freshman class that's getting it, and it's a waste of a semester. And it's boring with a decent amount of homework.

Sounds like Nazi-Class. Hell, they just took the whole concept from 1940! Of course, some subjects have changed ... but the "Fuehrerprinzip" (One Leader, a thousand lemmings) is still the same. Also, you should live to the leaders ideology, not by your own. And work, so you don't get a hold of critic thoughts.

oh, and that was just a attempt at sarcasm

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
12-12-2011 11:03 PM
Lung_Drac Offline
Calm Cat Lady

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I can't wait to try that on an arrogant teacher.
02-03-2012 08:39 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Hope you are able to, but stand by for enemy fire! The teacher will most probably be REALLY PISSED off.

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH

RIP GORE GOROTH
02-04-2012 01:27 AM
Lung_Drac Offline
Calm Cat Lady

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

(12-11-2011 10:40 AM)RaiserZero Wrote:  I thought schools were more democratic than that.

They never were when I was growing up. When I first went to school, I thought it would be fun. But just a few days after, I knew it was a Hell hole. Yes, getting out of the house was good, but just to be stuck into another building in a cramped room with 20-30 kids? I'd have rather DIED than have to endure another day of humiliating at the merciless hands of my peers.

I knew all that on a subconscious level, though. I didn't possess (and maybe I still don't) the vocabulary to describe how I felt.

There's different types of tea in the world: There's tranquility, nobility, specialty, creativity ... and then there's BRUTALITY!
02-15-2012 02:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Am I the only one who thinks these twisted thoughts? тωιѕтє∂ 12 5,539 01-27-2017 01:57 PM
Last Post: vonunov
  “If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn.” Miller0700 18 7,431 03-20-2016 09:20 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Society and how it thinks of Insanity Dikont5 14 5,841 06-18-2014 09:04 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  My Government Teacher Michio-kun 3 1,597 01-22-2009 09:12 AM
Last Post: Michio-kun
  what the government thinks of school Cilaos 21 6,101 08-27-2006 01:29 PM
Last Post: Cilaos