RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Poll: Should I have fought back?
This poll is closed.
Yes 95.00% 19 95.00%
No 5.00% 1 5.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School Bullies
~Tundra~ Offline
I <3 Art

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
School Bullies

Since this is probably too long to post in the School violence thread, I'll post it here.
In year six, I was having a really hard time with bullies;
So I wrote this:

School. I dread school. You'd think that I would be used to it by now, but no. I still hate having to get up early in the morning to get ready for school. I still hate having to go to bed early because of school. I hate homework, I hate assignments, and I hate being told what I can and can't do every second of the day.

But most of all, I hate the bullies. If bullies didn't exist, then school would be much more enjoyable. But no.

Thousands of kids get bullied all the time, but that didn't take away the pain. Neither did it make the wounds they left heal. Yet people think it's FUNNY. Maybe that's the reason they watch fights at lunch time, and film them and laugh about them. How could they? What's so funny about people being physically and vebally abused by their peers? What's so funny about people not defending themselves because their afraid they will get suspended? And the ones that do fight back, being looked upon as having 'mental illnesses'?

You know what, it's better to defend yourself than to let them bash you until your nearly unconscious.

That's a lesson I wish I learned in primary school.

Nearly everyone hated me in primary school. on the first day of coming to a new school because I was threatened to be hit with a bat by bullies at my old school I met some worser ones.

They bullied me until I ran out of the classroom crying, but it didn't stop there.

This bullying went on more. I was bullied at recess and lunch, and when I tried to get the bullies to go away, I would get in trouble off teachers. I was also sometimes bullied it class as well, but the teacher didn't care. The only people who cared were my friends and parents; yet even they couldn't do anything about it but get me to a pschycologist when it went too far. By too far I mean that I came home crying because of being bullied nearly every day. Sometimes when the bullying got really bad I would have panic attacks the day after.

They said and did some pretty harsh things to me, one time they even threw rocks at me for the fun of it.

But I'd always been afraid of getting in major trouble with the school authorities, so I just let it persist.

I was so afraid that when a particularly 'tough' bully attempted to bash me, I didn't fight back. She pulled my hair slammed my head on the ground, punched me, and of course her friend joined in with it too.

But then I was sick of it. I pushed her off me, and ran away to the girls bathrooms. Her friend ran away, and I didn't hear about her getting any punishment.

When I pushed the girl off, it was just self defense, but I got suspended for the same amount of time as her for it. Luckily, it was nearly the end of the last term in year six, so my parents didn't make me go back.

The deputy principal (a major cow) said that I had autism, but the psychologist said I didn't. Who's the professional here?

Anyway, after that 'episode' people didn't bully me as much in high school, although I still had a few people still bugging me. But now, a couple of years after the fight, and not too long after I started high school, (there's no middle school in Australia) not many people bully me at all. Most of them had just given up, and I spoke no more of it.

But I still remember how horrible the whole thing was.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
And I think now I have a black mark against my school record because of it. Stupid bullies. I really regret not fighting back, I probably could of won.

But I guess everything is alright now. I'm much happier, and the panic attacks have stopped. I get good marks, I have nice teachers and most people like me now. And I no longer have to see that stupid deputy!
Cuckoo Yay!
Moral of the story: never give up, it gets better; even if it doesn't seem like it. Which it definitely didn't.

So... Anyone else here ever gotten suspended when it wasn't you're fault?

[Image: tundra3-1.png]
11-26-2011 05:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
RE: School Bullies

Sounds pretty terrible. I've never really had any problems with bullies or harassment. I have never really got into any trouble with the administration. Whenever I can tell things are going bad I just fade off at the right moment.

Had to move on. Account is dead.
11-26-2011 05:57 PM
~Tundra~ Offline
I <3 Art

You must be pretty lucky to not have been bullied. Most people do get harassed at some point in their life :(

11-26-2011 06:19 PM
Hendorne Endoh'roth Offline
Dogboy Prime

I understand you Tundra, the bullies at my school are nowhere as bad as that, but I am still sick of the other students at my school insulting and mocking me about my difference. I think you should be allowed to fight back, fuck what the teachers say. In fact, I am waiting for a good opportunity to get in a fight at my school and bash any one of the bullies, I am also a brown belt in karate now.

I'm a therian, not a human, and I'm proud of it. No matter what others say, I will be strong.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2011 09:05 PM by Hendorne Endoh'roth.)
11-26-2011 09:04 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

And the government fails at preventing bullying. Australian government spends billions of taxes on anti-bullying campaigns and it's all wasted. You have to teach kids directly at a young age to be accepting of others and not be violent when it isn't necessary. If all else fails, fight back.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
11-26-2011 09:13 PM
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

I understand your old troubles, Tundra, it is happening to me now.
And here is my thinking:
GOD, I WANT TO BEAT THOSE ASSHOLES AT SCHOOL SOON!
FUCK DETENTION! FUCK SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION!
11-27-2011 12:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
~Tundra~ Offline
I <3 Art

@Hendorne Endoh'roth: I feel sorry for you. If you get the chance to beat them up, don't hold back. (but don't kill them, ok?)
@Efs: If I was taught that, this probably wouldn't of happened....
@Luizao876:Well, don't make my mistakes!

11-27-2011 07:34 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

Quote:You have to teach kids directly at a young age to be accepting of others and not be violent when it isn't necessary.

The state does the exact opposite of those two things.

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
11-27-2011 07:39 AM
Dogboy Prime

Tundra, I obviously won't kill them, I don't want juvy. I will just bash them enough so that they know not to mess with me again.

I'm a therian, not a human, and I'm proud of it. No matter what others say, I will be strong.
11-27-2011 09:45 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

At one of my middle schools, if someone hit you, you got an automatic one-day suspension, because they assumed you must have done something to provoke getting hit. That happened to a friend of mine, because he said something, talking to himself, and another guy thought he was saying something rude to him, so he punched him in the face.

That never happened to me, but in high school, a girl stalked and harrassed and pushed me, and then I got suspended for saying the word "shit" while reporting her, and she never got in trouble.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
11-28-2011 01:22 AM
~Tundra~ Offline
I <3 Art

@Hendorne Endoh'roth: I know, I was just kidding Smile But seriously though, make them pay Mwahaha
@Prince Rilian: What sort of logic is that? Stupid school.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2011 06:04 PM by ~Tundra~.)
11-28-2011 02:47 PM
Dogboy Prime

Tundra, of course I'll make them pay, I just have to wait for the right oppurtunity. Also, most schools are stupid that way.

11-28-2011 09:21 PM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

(11-26-2011 09:13 PM)Efs Wrote:  And the government fails at preventing bullying. Australian government spends billions of taxes on anti-bullying campaigns and it's all wasted. You have to teach kids directly at a young age to be accepting of others and not be violent when it isn't necessary. If all else fails, fight back.

This also in AAAAMMMERRRRIIIKKAAAAAAAAAAA

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
11-29-2011 07:28 AM
Luizao876 Offline
Everyone's favorite Huezillian

Given 22 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Well, last year, a friend-turned-bully wrote a message saying to a girl that she was a bitch, and he puts my name in it! I said it wasn't me, I wrote in my handwriting to show that it wasn't me, but her family almost fuckin called the police.

See,in my school when you don't do nothing wrong, means that you will be suspended.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2011 07:59 AM by Luizao876.)
11-29-2011 07:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fanatic

HOOOOOOOOOK THOSE NIGGAS! DROP THOSE CLOWNS!!!!!!!! THROW ELBOWZ!

Live until you die
11-29-2011 11:37 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

Make them suffer. They won't fuck with you again.

Previously known as Derchin.
11-29-2011 11:52 AM
Dogboy Prime

Most of us seem to have one thing in common, we say that we should bash bullies to show that we are not to be fucked with. Although from the poll, it seems one person disagrees.

11-29-2011 09:22 PM
Fanatic

(11-29-2011 09:22 PM)Hendorne Endohroth Wrote:  Most of us seem to have one thing in common, we say that we should bash bullies to show that we are not to be fucked with. Although from the poll, it seems one person disagrees.

SoulRiser!

Live until you die
11-30-2011 04:37 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

(11-29-2011 09:22 PM)Hendorne Endohroth Wrote:  Most of us seem to have one thing in common, we say that we should bash bullies to show that we are not to be fucked with. Although from the poll, it seems one person disagrees.
You?

Previously known as Derchin.
11-30-2011 07:17 AM
Dogboy Prime

No Derchin, not me, I think that we should bash bullies.

11-30-2011 09:15 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Wasn't me.

I'd totally bash bullies myself.

Though a part of me thinks it's wrong.

But then that's just the way they roll... it's just like speaking to them in the language they understand. Using logic and compassion won't work most of the time because those concepts are totally alien to them.

Which is sad. And if I had a better idea for getting them to stop, I'd totally be recommending it... but I don't.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
11-30-2011 09:52 PM
1312 Offline
It gets better, believe me. :)

Given 44 thank(s) in 30 post(s)

I've dealt with this bullshit since I was around 5-6, I'm 15 now, so 10 years, since kindergarten.

In those 10 years I have learned that ignoring doesn't work, so if you really want, take a bat and smash their skull in half, even if you get kicked out of school or any other punishment, that's what I'd do, anyways.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2023 09:28 PM by 1312.)
12-01-2011 01:31 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

A bit extreme perhaps. Rather just enough bashing to get them to leave you alone, but not enough to get them dead and your ass in jail. Razz

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
12-01-2011 03:40 AM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Given 16 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Quote:so if you really want, take a bat and smash their skull in half
Yeah no. Don't do this. Just mess with them enough so they know not to fuck with you.

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
12-01-2011 03:44 AM
1312 Offline
It gets better, believe me. :)

Given 44 thank(s) in 30 post(s)

(12-01-2011 03:44 AM).Manicrose. Wrote:  
Quote:so if you really want, take a bat and smash their skull in half
Yeah no. Don't do this. Just mess with them enough so they know not to fuck with you.

That's what I meant, but my thought sounded a bit too extreme indeed.
12-01-2011 03:57 AM
~Tundra~ Offline
I <3 Art

Well, I don't tell many people, but I did fight back once. This guy was throwing rocks at me and wouldn't leave me alone, so I got sick of him and punched him in the face. He never messed with me again. (this was in year 6, though)

So was this a dumb idea? Personally, I think he had it coming.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2011 04:59 PM by ~Tundra~.)
12-01-2011 06:56 PM
Dogboy Prime

I feel like bashing a bully, pinning them down and growling at them, that would definitely show them not to mess with me. If they would mess with me again, teeth just might come into play.

12-01-2011 09:54 PM
Fractomancer Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

You, yeah. Should've.
I did in the end, and it made the guy shut up.
Then again the fact that I'm a girl might've made it more humiliating for him.

[Image: adhd_mild.gif] Try it on yourself!
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2011 06:37 AM by Fractomancer.)
12-06-2011 06:35 AM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Punch them in the neck, then as they bend over gagging, kick them in the balls.

//

[Image: techhoops5.jpg]
12-06-2011 06:44 AM
aCol Offline
Distiller of hate

Given 20 thank(s) in 14 post(s)

Got bullied once too, when I was a bit younger. It really almost killed me - I learned you cannot commit suicide by trying to suffercate yourself. However, after that period of time I mostly tried to stay away from school at all cost. I remember my parents trying to pull me to school - after that I hid in the woods (not so) nearby from goverment (police) and my own parents.
As I started out in a new school, it got better, mostly because I came together with people I have known from seeing before on my old one. These People think alike me, they hate what the principals had been and are doing. They give me cover when I need it most - although its a strange kind of cover sometimes.

However, from my experiance being bullied I learned one thing pretty well: If somebody trys to do it to me again, I am gonna punch him in the face no matter what. I know I won't be able to explain this to my principal ... but seriously, who gives a fuck? Do you value school more than yourself? You shouldn't. It is hard, but acceptable.

The scars on your soul though, they don't heal. But they are even worse when you realise later that you WERE able to do something, even if it ment facing consequences.
12-06-2011 06:55 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I Was the Queen Bee: 3 High-School Bullies Describe Their Reigns of Terror James Comey 0 1,654 04-25-2017 07:44 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Teachers can be bullies too. Meow I'm a Cat 6 4,658 11-28-2013 04:38 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Teachers can be bullies too. Meow I'm a Cat 0 1,570 11-24-2013 02:30 PM
Last Post: Meow I'm a Cat
  bullies wanted 16 5,576 01-30-2013 09:25 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  Should I beat my bullies? Luizao876 12 6,954 01-23-2013 10:16 AM
Last Post: тωιѕтє∂
Rainbow Teacher Bullies Suck, Yes? FortyThreeTurtles 5 2,802 10-05-2012 06:23 AM
Last Post: Esdoorn
  Stupid damned bullies! Hanny 24 6,729 09-25-2008 01:40 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  Proving that not all bullies win... HeartofShadows 2 2,030 01-29-2008 08:22 AM
Last Post: Darthmat