RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on religion/beliefs
Land Of The NotSoFree Offline
Rebuilding

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Thoughts on religion/beliefs

I'm not the best at explaining things... but I will try. I think too much and sometimes amaze myself with what I come up with, so I have decided to write down some things.

The world has different people, not everybody will be the same. Sometimes I would see people preach to others about their religion(most commonly Christianity), usually because they are atheist. You know before I always thought to myself "Why are people atheist?", but I ask that no more. People can believe in anything they want, nobody knows for sure what happens in the afterlife, or what happened long ago, but it's ok to believe in SOMETHING. Usually I see atheists look down upon every religion as if those who believe in a god are beneath them, and vice versa. I'm a christian yet I'm open to others opinions and I am willing to listen, I sometimes question some aspects of my religion in a "What if" manner. Why can't the world just...well get along when it comes to religion? It's ok to ask questions, but you have to be able to listen to others views and opinions too, because again nobody knows whats right for sure. Believing in a religion gives people hope as well, let them have that. Let atheists be atheists, don't try to convert people. Let them be who they are
11-10-2011 09:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thriller222 Offline
Freedom Fighter

RE: Thoughts on religion/beliefs

I believe that there is a god, I just dont know what it is. I do not however, believe that god is some weird spooky old guy with a fetish for fire and brimstone. I dont believe god is a person like entity either; I believe its a force. And I believe the afterlife is what you percieve it to be. If you fear hell all your life, then you will probably wake up in the lake of fire some day.
11-10-2011 10:27 AM
Levio_Sah Away
^this person is awesome

The reason people don't get along when it comes to religion is because the rulers don't want them to. If people stopped fighting among each other they would fight the power.
11-11-2011 03:52 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

I'm agnostic.

The greatest question of all is how did the universe begin. How did everything come to existence. Why was it 'you' with a conscious mind that was born? Some how we happen to be intelligent beings with the ability to reason and question. No one really knows what happens after death which leads to the fact anything could happen after death. It might all be a hoax.

There are too many possibilities, and each possibility is equal to me because I will never be 100% certain on what created or how the universe came to be.

We only percieve the world through our five senses. I'm willing to bet that there are some things invisible to us, things we have no concept idea or even a thought about. If you was deaf and blind from birth, you would never have a concept of sound or sight. You will never know it existed. What I'm trying to get across is there may be things we never know about that exist.

The fact is anybody's beliefs and guesses are valid. If you want to go on a spiritual journey, don't hold back. I stay away from organised religion. I've dabbled in paganism, I saw the natural aspect of it appealing and you can form you beliefs based on your own experiences from the journey you go on. To me paganism is pretty interesting and I want to explore it further because when you base it on experience you have the ultimate proof for yourself right there.

I'm cool about religion and athiesm. Believe what you want.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
11-11-2011 04:59 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

I don't really mind what you believe in, just as long as you don't force it on others
11-11-2011 06:34 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Watch on YouTube

Actually, pretty much what the person above me says... but meh. I don't look at Christianity very positively, and many people here don't. Meh.

[Image: glorious666.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2011 10:08 AM by LOON_ATTIC.)
11-11-2011 10:04 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

Is there a beginning? Then what was before that?
If there was a God, since when did he exist? Who made him?

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
11-11-2011 09:46 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:I don't really mind what you believe in, just as long as you don't force it on others
Pretty much this.

I think all the religions are actually based on the same God (or being, or 'force' or whatever), but they just interpreted it differently due to langage/culture differences or whatever. And it's really sad how they fight and kill each other over it...

Also, atheism is actually a belief. It's a belief that there is no God... Or it could be a refusal to even consider the possibility a god (or anything other than physical stuff that science can prove) might exist. It's no more open-minded than people who insist their god is the only true god and all that stuff.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2011 11:41 PM by SoulRiser.)
11-11-2011 11:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

Derchin Wrote:I take my atheist stance.

You guys (Not people here, obviously) say that a god exists, but you can't agree on what it is, where it is, what it wants, and what are its properties. So I doubt what you're saying is true.

I disbelieve in a god or gods until you can first, explain what this god or gods actually is/are, and two, prove that it/they exists.

Previously known as Derchin.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2011 05:30 AM by Miller0700.)
11-12-2011 12:15 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Seriously, everyone needs to agree on something before you'll believe in it? Then damn, you must not believe in anything at all...

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
11-12-2011 12:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

You don't need to agree to have a concept.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
11-12-2011 03:44 AM
Levio_Sah Away
^this person is awesome

Also, remember that not all religious people believe in God. I don't. Me, the other Pagans, the Bhuddists, and all the other religious people who aren't mono (and andro)theistic would like to stress this.
11-13-2011 06:06 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Spirituality > Religion

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

[Image: 2010-10-04-lost-my-appetite.jpg]
11-13-2011 10:28 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

I try to respect other's opinions, but I usually find it difficult when you believe in something as hypocritical and idiotic as the bible. How you can believe there is a God when there is literally no evidence to support that God, and an amazing amount of evidence (that you're too ignorant to acknowledge) against that God is beyond me.
Don't take it personally, I think all religions are incredibly stupid, not just Christianity.
11-15-2011 08:15 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

What gets me with some people is that they like to pull out the "But I have faith" or "But you can't disprove it" card when they know their beliefs are bullshit.

I had a discussion like this in another thread.

Previously known as Derchin.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2011 10:09 AM by Miller0700.)
11-15-2011 10:09 AM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Given 16 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

I BELIEVE IN A LITTLE GREEN GOBLIN WHO LIVES ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MOON AND EATS FROZEN PEAS AND TURNIP CAKE AND WILL WEAR ONLY THE LATEST FASHIONS FROM CHANEL AND GUCCI BECAUSE HE IS FAH-BULOUS

DISPROVE IT I DARE YOU

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
11-15-2011 10:47 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

(11-15-2011 10:47 AM).Manicrose. Wrote:  I BELIEVE IN A LITTLE GREEN GOBLIN WHO LIVES ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MOON AND EATS FROZEN PEAS AND TURNIP CAKE AND WILL WEAR ONLY THE LATEST FASHIONS FROM CHANEL AND GUCCI BECAUSE HE IS FAH-BULOUS

DISPROVE IT I DARE YOU

Proof that he exists:
[Image: GreenGoblinMU17.gif]

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
11-15-2011 01:35 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

(11-15-2011 10:47 AM).Manicrose. Wrote:  I BELIEVE IN A LITTLE GREEN GOBLIN WHO LIVES ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MOON AND EATS FROZEN PEAS AND TURNIP CAKE AND WILL WEAR ONLY THE LATEST FASHIONS FROM CHANEL AND GUCCI BECAUSE HE IS FAH-BULOUS

DISPROVE IT I DARE YOU
how can he live on the moon when there is no oxygen
11-16-2011 02:11 AM
Stadium Offline
Fanatic

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

(11-16-2011 02:11 AM)BaronVonStrangle Wrote:  

DISPROVE IT I DARE YOU

Goblins don't need oxygen you fool! They live off of moon cheese.
11-16-2011 02:27 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

I
CANT
ARGUE
WITH
THE
PERFECT
SPIRALS
OF
THE
UNIVERSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
11-16-2011 02:55 AM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Given 16 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

(11-16-2011 02:27 AM)StadiumArcadium Wrote:  
(11-16-2011 02:11 AM)BaronVonStrangle Wrote:  

DISPROVE IT I DARE YOU

Goblins don't need oxygen you fool! They live off of moon cheese.
Damn, beat me to it.

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
11-16-2011 07:13 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

(11-16-2011 02:55 AM)Jesusaurisrex Wrote:  I
CANT
ARGUE
WITH
THE
PERFECT
SPIRALS
OF
THE
UNIVERSE

ERNST
HAECKEL
IS
A
GOOD
EXAMPLE

11-16-2011 01:32 PM
Darksoul Offline
Invisible Warrior

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

It takes a belief to believe in something. Atheists are arrogant in my eyes because they think they have all the knowledge. And The one with a religion is just a stupid fanatic.
11-18-2011 03:49 AM
DUBAS Offline
Pseudonymously Perspicacious Cherub

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

(11-18-2011 03:49 AM)Darksoul Wrote:  It takes a belief to believe in something. Atheists are arrogant in my eyes because they think they have all the knowledge. And The one with a religion is just a stupid fanatic.

So what exactly are you?

[Image: pjprop.gif]

The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
11-18-2011 03:52 AM
Levio_Sah Away
^this person is awesome

(11-18-2011 03:52 AM)DUBAS Wrote:  
(11-18-2011 03:49 AM)Darksoul Wrote:  It takes a belief to believe in something. Atheists are arrogant in my eyes because they think they have all the knowledge. And The one with a religion is just a stupid fanatic.

So what exactly are you?

First of all, being an atheist means you don't believe in a deity. You can still believe in a soul and an afterlife.

Secondly, the belief that all religious people are "stupid fanatics" is just false.
11-18-2011 06:06 AM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

First of all, some people define atheist as a person with the positive rejection of deity which is still considered the belief that there is no god.

Second of all, he's just mocking the viewpoint regarding religious views.

ZZZ...
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2011 06:27 AM by Reptorian.)
11-18-2011 06:17 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Don't make me go all NIGGERS again None

11-18-2011 11:23 AM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Doesn't change the fact of what I have said. Even I define atheist as the position of positively rejecting god and many others as well even though they would disagree with some of the other self-claimed atheists. Keep in mind people fail to distinguish anti-theism with the standard definition of atheism for you folks which is why some finds themselves to be defining atheism as anti-theism while some defines non-theism is someone who doesn't make a conclusion on god's existance or has never heard of word 'god'. There's a thread that shows different interpretations are valid- http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/showth...nti-Theist I consider my position to be of a non-theist rather than atheist.

ZZZ...
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2011 12:31 PM by Reptorian.)
11-18-2011 12:27 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

okay
I tend to just not think much about it because there isn't much to think about.
And I get along with 'christfags' well enough if they aren't huge faggots. It's not like I'll be mocking their religion all the time unless they mock me for being an agnostic/atheist, except if they just use their religion to back up something I personally disagree with/DON'T LIKE.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2011 12:32 PM by LOON_ATTIC.)
11-18-2011 12:31 PM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Didn't I mention that I am not considered religious and I don't even consider myself agnostic or athiest? Not a theist either.

ZZZ...
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2011 12:34 PM by Reptorian.)
11-18-2011 12:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Beliefs and Reality Hellius 14 2,083 11-28-2009 06:35 PM
Last Post: Ceiling Cat
  Your Parent's Political Beliefs Swift 24 4,371 06-23-2009 12:39 PM
Last Post: John Tuttle