RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
!!GUYS ONLY!! GIRLS DONT READ THIS
Pimpalicous Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)
!!GUYS ONLY!! GIRLS DONT READ THIS

I need some of you guys to give me your opinions on this story.

Ive just had the 3rd worst night of my life.

This is what happend:

PIMP (me) was at home one friday afternoon when he recieved a phone call from his old pal Brian (characters names have been changed to protect their identities). This is how the phone conversation transpired:

PIMP: Hello?

BRIAN: Wanna go out tonight and hit on drunk chicks?

PIMP: Ok.

Later that evening PIMP and Brian went out to their local nitspot looking for love. Once they had enterd this nitespot PIMP engaged in a pool tournament of soughts and proceeded to make it to the semifinals. Brian then recieved a phone call. Judging by the gay tone of his voice PIMP presumed it was Brians "ex" girlfreind sunni. (since i could only hear Brians side of the converstaion ill try to fill in the sunni blanks). This is how the phone conversation transpired:

Brian: Hello Sunni.

Sunni: Bla bla bla bla

Briam: Im at a club with PIMP what are you doing?

Sunni: Bla bla bla bla

Brian: Why dont you come down here and meet us were just playing pool?"

Sunni: Bla Bla Bla

Brian: (talking to PIMP): Is it cool if sunny comes down?

PIMP: I dont give a sh#t. (i was losing the semi)

Brian: Yea just come down.

Sunni: Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

PIMP loses the match, hes out of the tournament. Some time then passes before Brian says to PIMP "Hey just going out to get Sunni ill be back." "Cool" PIMP Replies.

15 mins passes and PIMP begins to wonder what ever happend to Brian. PIMP the recieves a phone call. This is how the phone call transpired:

PIMP: Hello?

Brian: Ummm... dude... umm...

PIMP: What? where are you?

Brian: ummm...dude.... sunni kinda wants to go out just me and her.

PIMP: Thats fantastic now get your arse back here.

Brian: ummm... the thing is...sunni doesnt really like niteclubs.

PIMP: Thats fu#*en fantastic now get your arse back here.

Brian: dude why dont you just hang out there.

PIMP: WTF?! please tell me your not doing this?

Brian: ummm....

PIMP: How the f#%k um i supposed to get home?

Brian: Dude ill come and pick you up in a few hours.

PIMP: WTF?! you cant just leave me here i dont know anyone.

Brian: ummm.....

PIMP: Mother Fu#*er!!

BRIAN: OK OK ill come get you well go to another club.

This is the end of part one, if your reading this and you feel discusted be carefull the story gets worse.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach a man how to fish and he will be bored shit less.
11-12-2005 12:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pimpalicous Offline
Revolutionary

PART 2

PIMP steps outside of the nite club and meets Brian. Brian reasurres Pimp that he would never dog his old pal like that and that they would go to another nitespot with sunni, who is a chinese national with an expired student visa, and they would all have a great time.

PIMP considers calling the immigration people but doesnt.

They then arive at the new venue. Brian, probably out of guilt, buys PIMP a drink (malibu and pineapple). The three of them then take seats next to the dancefloor. This is where things start getting awkward. You see this new nitespot was swarming with "drunk chicks" and Brian tells Pimp he should hit on the "drunk chicks" alone as he cant leave sunni seated by herself. This was a fair call but the problem was there were 3 very good reasons why PIMP couldnt hit on the "drunk chicks" alone and they are listed below.

1. PIMP would feel a little weird talking to the "drunk chicks" without a Brian acting as a wingman.

2. The "drunk chicks" may have "drunk boyfreinds" and PIMP would need Brian to, shall we say, watch his back like a true freind would.

3. Brians fu#*en gay and shouldnt have told sunni to come.

It was never going to work. PIMP was left with no choice he pulled Brian aside and began the conversation that may end up being the closing statements of the freindship. This is how the conversation transpired.

Brian: Hey man im really sorry but sunni doesnt like this place....

PIMP: Look, why dont you just take me home.

Brian: Do you want another drink?

PIMP: Your fu#*en gay.

Brian: Dont be like that.

PIMP: Why dont you just take me home and then you can go do your own thing.

Brian: Are you sure your ok with that?

PIMP: Sure, id rather be home posting dumb shit on the net anyway.

Brian: I hope ur not mad its just that sunni cant stand niteclubs, she hates them.

PIMP: Pussy! (i didnt actually say this i would have its just that i needed i ride home)

They left the niteclub and Brian drove PIMP back to the PIMP lair. The conversation in the car was minimal. Whatever conversation there was, was awkward at best. When they arrived at the PIMP lair, PIMP said goodbye to Brian and shook his hand he then said goodbye to sunni.

As PIMP walked to his door he thought again of calling the immigration people, but didnt.

AUTHORS NOTE:

You may have read this story and be thinking: so what? whats the big deal? there are a few things that need to be considered.

1. Brian has been PIMPS freind since PIMP was a sperm.

2. Brian and sunni had an unsucessfull relationship *3* years ago!!!! and although the 2 remain freinds, Brian IS NOT f@#king sunni.

3. Brian did not follow protocol. He didnt not follow the 11th comandment: "And God said "thou shalt not place hos before bros""

As i am not sure how to respond to this situation id love to hear your opnions on this.

WHAT SHOULD PIMP DO?

11-12-2005 12:46 AM
Pimpalicous Offline
Revolutionary

PART 3: PIMPS Thoughts

This is what i think i should do:

1. Call the immigration department with an anonomous tip about a chinese communist spy illegally operating in our country.

2. Never talk to Brian agian.

3. Grow up.

4. Write some huge post about the 2nd and 1st worst nights of my life.

IS THIS THE RIGHT ACTION TO TAKE?

- PIMP

P.S. and for the purposes of this website i will insert the words "school sux" here: SCHOOL SUX

11-12-2005 12:55 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

sorry. i had to read it Biggrin

i vote for tell brian exactly what you just typed here... (in other words, the truth). if he can't handle that, well, too bad for him Razz

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
11-12-2005 10:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Doc Johnson Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Yeah, and maybe a little bit of solution #3. I've had this happen before too. At some point, a guy's either got to commit to a relationship with another guy (not that there's anything wrong with that Laugh) or admit that maybe his bro may need more... stimulation, shall we say, than his bros are able to provide. Translation: The little head leads the big head in most things. Don't worry, Brian will not go away forever. The relationship will, however, inevitably change. You can't be the same for the rest of your life. He was being a dick, nonetheless.

I got nothin'.
11-13-2005 12:30 AM
xcriteria Offline
Fanatic

Given 930 thank(s) in 612 post(s)

First of all, I think it's cool you posted the situation like you did... sorta like a screenplay Smile

Anyway, on with my response:
P.I.M.P. Wrote:Brian: ummm...dude.... sunni kinda wants to go out just me and her.
P.I.M.P. Wrote:BRIAN: OK OK ill come get you well go to another club.
What was he thinking here, if Sunni doesn't like clubs?

My guess is that Brian felt obligated to both you and Sunni, and was trying to find some way to please both of you. But as the events indicate, this was an impractical proposition, short of planning to meet up with the two of you on different nights. Or at least a night when the plans are to do something both you and Sunni like.

I suspect anyone can think of a time they didn't think the implications of what they did through enough, and I think you ought to explain the problem to Brian and not let this be too big a deal. If this were to become a pattern, after repeatedly informing Brian of the problem, then you'd have a more complex problem.

So basically, I doubt he meant any harm, and if you let him know the nature of the problem, and discuss what he might do in similar future situations, your relationship is likely to remain intact, and this will not end up being the worst night of your life.

Don't call the immigation department; Sunni doesn't seem to have meant any harm. For one thing, she wasn't fully informed as to the situation.

Maybe, ask Brian, "Where did this idea of going to a different nightclub come from?"

P.I.M.P. Wrote:1. Brian has been PIMPS freind since PIMP was a sperm.
I realize this is a figure of speech or whatever, but I'm nevertheless compelled to ask:
Is Brian your twin? Or brother, at least? Maybe half-brother? Dad? Certainly not your mom? anyway...

P.I.M.P. Wrote:P.S. and for the purposes of this website i will insert the words "school sux" here: SCHOOL SUX
Hahaha, that's cool.

Peter Gray & allies launching the Alliance for Self-directed Education

ASDE Newsletters: #1 Announcement | #2 History of ASDE | #6 Education Liberation

School Survival & Catalyst Learning Network featured on AlternativestoSchool's blog
“Mom, Dad, can I stop going to school?”

Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking when the Stakes are High

Hidden stuff:
11-13-2005 12:28 PM
Pimpalicous Offline
Revolutionary

SoulRiser Wrote:sorry. i had to read it Biggrin

i vote for tell brian exactly what you just typed here... (in other words, the truth). if he can't handle that, well, too bad for him Razz

yea ur right.

Still, i cant believe you read it.

11-14-2005 08:51 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

P.I.M.P. Wrote:yea ur right.

Still, i cant believe you read it.

well, on the other hand, i kinda have to check out everything that gets posted, just in case someone posts something i need to delete (like if someone replied to your post with spam or such....)

and on the other other hand, i am sort of like a guy anyway Laugh

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
11-14-2005 10:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evlclowndude Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
brian

you should just get over it, and grow up. this sort of thing just happens, you can't help it. forget about it all.

"Do it again!!! Exept this time proof-read and use better descriptions!!" screamed the sinester fiqure behind the desk.
11-16-2005 12:13 PM
revolutionist Offline
Defiant

wat up P.I.M.P.

Your problem is P.I.M.P, that Brian, well hes a bitch. there's nothing you can do about it (once a bitch, always a bitch). but i think the real problem is P.I.M.P that u need to get laid. NO OFFENSE man but its the truth, u gotta stop giving a shit about brian and his problem of having an unsucessfull relationship *3* years ago and although the 2 remain friends, Brian is not fucking sunni and start to worry about your own dick.

When God Made Me He Was Just Showing Off
12-03-2005 11:31 PM
Nicopole Offline
Rebel

(Sits back to think)

Look PIMP, I don't condone what Brian did, he might of been under pressure by Sunni. (Remember John Wayne Bobbit, cut off while he slept) But if he's been cool since then, put it behind you. Don't relieve yesterday for better or worse ya know. Chill out, have a beer and move on. Better days man, better days.
But if he does that again, invest in Steel Toe boots and kick him in the nads if he hasn't lost them yet.

Don't fear the Man who is filled with rage and looses control. Fear the Man who is filled with rage and remains calm.
12-06-2005 05:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Sad Dont you hate it when guys treat you like shit? Charmaine 83 18,772 04-12-2012 03:39 AM
Last Post: fish20
  the boy who makes u blush..no guys shud read dis plzzzzzzzzz brontosaurusrox 23 2,840 02-18-2008 02:20 AM
Last Post: cryptevah72
  What magazines do you guys read? Queen Titania 24 4,626 01-22-2007 04:47 AM
Last Post: WildFire
  DONT READ THIS Pimpalicous 16 2,319 01-10-2007 01:41 PM
Last Post: 0bliiVioN