RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Little Letter to Mass Religions
Human V. 2.0 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
A Little Letter to Mass Religions

You know what? I'm tried of you Christian/Jewish/Mormon/Xian fundies running around and saying America is in a bad state. Guess what? We are in a better state than we have ever been including the periods where we were under religious rule. People are becoming more enlightend and free, the medical advances have multiplied two hundred fold, out of Christian hands, and we are now doing everything in our power to keep religion free.

You seek to supress us, because we don't worship your god, well you know what? BRING IT ON. I'll take on any of you, and I know that people who wish to maintain free will stand up next to me. I'm tired of watching all the religious fanatics try and tell us what is right or wrong, and holding us up scared, so we can be laughed at. I am not content to what Benny Hinn and other of his kin verbally abuse America and rob it blind in the statement of "This is Faith". It's not faith, it's wrong.

Today I say Goodbye to anyone who tries to supress freedom and the ability to enact upon it, for if you try and supress someone, you are my enemy from that point on, and I will do everything in my power to make you misterble.

You say that Gays and Lesbians are not allowed in God's Eyes? That's too bad. God doesn't run this country, or my life, I DO. Did he help me go through school? No. Did he help build this country? No. He only slowed it down. Did god ever give a damn about the people who didn't like him? No, he only kept looking after his followers.

You assume that because Abortion is being allowed, we are all corrupt and vile, and that we are the "Gentile Children", well we sure as hell are. We are the new breed of humanity, the enlightend breed that will come and crush anyone who stands in our path. We are the new age Pariah, outside of your god's unholy reach. We can do as we wish, and we will continue to ensure that America is free and that you can't stop us from doing what you want.

You can come door to door, and preach your gospel, but we will throw you out every time, and we will scream at the top of our lungs, "FOR FREEDOM", everytime your god-filled passion comes to life. I hope that it will never reach this level, but if any one of you ever try to stop us, I will gladly bring out the guns and heavy artillery to preserve freedom.

Why the hell should we listen to you, when you insult us and bring us down? Why should we not continue our work when you tell us to stop? Why should we bend over and take it when you force us to our knees simply to worship your god?

Kids are being sent to boot camp for being Satanic. Children are being sent to concentration camps run by Jews, Christians, Muslims, all the like, because they don't worship their parents and thier god. I'm tired of this blind obedience, and I want every man, woman, and child to step up and yell, for it's time we screamed back.

You tell us that we will go to hell, and if I have anything to say about it, I will drag you down with us, so that you can feel the eternal fire of pain and suffering because you refused to defend your god, and you break your own laws. Your police state will fall.

++++++[br]Me, Me, Me - Agent Smith[br]++++++
01-22-2006 05:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

amen to that!!!!

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
01-22-2006 05:44 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Well here's my tip, 1. Shut up, and 2. go tell that to them, not us

[Image: ambnh8.jpg]
01-22-2006 10:06 AM
Human V. 2.0 Offline
Revolutionary

freak-of-nature13 Wrote:Well here's my tip, 1. Shut up, and 2. go tell that to them, not us
Well, here's my response:
1. Fuck you.
2. What do you think I am going to do?

01-22-2006 04:50 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

"People are becoming more enlightend and free"

in what way?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
01-22-2006 06:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:"People are becoming more enlightend and free"

in what way?

compare today's attitude towards religion to the past. people in the us aren't getting burned at the stake fir "witchcraft" anymore, evolution is being taught in schools, church and state are for the most part separate.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
01-23-2006 01:35 AM
Outonalimb Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Humane, you said:

"We are in a better state than we have ever been including the periods where we were under religious rule. People are becoming more enlightend and free, the medical advances have multiplied two hundred fold, out of Christian hands, and we are now doing everything in our power to keep religion free."

I hear ya on the relgion part but...You honestly think your better off now? as a nation state as a whole? Here's something to think about...

E.E. Cummings once called progress a "comfortable disease" of modern "manunkind," and it has been for some. But at any time since the triumph of capitalism only a minority of the world's population could be said to be really living in comfort, and that comfort, continuously threatened, is achieved at considerable expense.

Today of the approximately 6 billion people in the world, it is estimated that at least a billion live in abject poverty, lives cruel, empty, and mercifully short. Another 2 billion eke out life on a bare subsistence level, usually sustained only by one or another starch, the majority without potable drinking water or sanitary toilets. More than 2 million more live at the bottom edges of the money economy but with incomes less than $5,000 a year and no property or savings, no net worth to pass on to their children.

That leaves less than a billion people who even come close to struggling for lives of comfort, with jobs and salaries of some regularity, and a quite small minority at the top of that scale who could really be said to have achieved comfortable lives; in the world, some 350 people can be considered (U.S. dollar) billionaires (with slightly more than 3 million millionaires), and their total net worth is estimated to exceed that of 45 per cent of the world's population.

This is progress? A disease such a small number can catch? And with such inequity, such imbalance?

In the U.S., the most materially advanced nation in the world and long the most ardent champion of the notion of progress, some 40 million people live below the official poverty line and another 20 million or so below the line adjusted for real costs; 6 million or so are unemployed, more than 30 million said to be too discouraged to look for work, and 45 million are in "disposable" jobs, temporary and part-time, without benefits or security. The top 5 percent of the population owns about two-thirds of the total wealth; 60 percent own no tangible assets or are in debt; in terms of income, the top 20 percent earn half the total income, the bottom 20 percent less than 4 percent of it.

All this hardly suggests the sort of material comfort progress is assumed to have provided. Certainly many in the U.S. and throughout the industrial world live at levels of wealth undreamed of in ages past, able to call forth hundreds of servant-equivalents at the flip of a switch or turn of a key, and probably a third of this "first world" population could be said to have lives of a certain amount of ease and convenience. Yet it is a statistical fact that it is just this segment that most acutely suffers from the true "comfortable disease," what I would call affluenza: heart disease, stress, overwork, family dysfunction, alcoholism, insecurity, anomie, psychosis, loneliness, impotence, alienation, consumerism, and coldness of heart.

I've found those statistics from numerous sources...

Can you possibly argue this??? Please don't say that the fact we can live 8 years longer hooked up to a machine is a benefit that all of humanity needs....

I know you posted this about religion...but that one line just jumped at me, so i thought i'd share something i wrote for philosphy!

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."
01-26-2006 05:30 AM
Human V. 2.0 Offline
Revolutionary

Outonalimb Wrote:Humane, you said:

"We are in a better state than we have ever been including the periods where we were under religious rule. People are becoming more enlightend and free, the medical advances have multiplied two hundred fold, out of Christian hands, and we are now doing everything in our power to keep religion free."

I hear ya on the relgion part but...You honestly think your better off now? as a nation state as a whole? Here's something to think about...

E.E. Cummings once called progress a "comfortable disease" of modern "manunkind," and it has been for some. But at any time since the triumph of capitalism only a minority of the world's population could be said to be really living in comfort, and that comfort, continuously threatened, is achieved at considerable expense.

Today of the approximately 6 billion people in the world, it is estimated that at least a billion live in abject poverty, lives cruel, empty, and mercifully short. Another 2 billion eke out life on a bare subsistence level, usually sustained only by one or another starch, the majority without potable drinking water or sanitary toilets. More than 2 million more live at the bottom edges of the money economy but with incomes less than $5,000 a year and no property or savings, no net worth to pass on to their children.

That leaves less than a billion people who even come close to struggling for lives of comfort, with jobs and salaries of some regularity, and a quite small minority at the top of that scale who could really be said to have achieved comfortable lives; in the world, some 350 people can be considered (U.S. dollar) billionaires (with slightly more than 3 million millionaires), and their total net worth is estimated to exceed that of 45 per cent of the world's population.

This is progress? A disease such a small number can catch? And with such inequity, such imbalance?

In the U.S., the most materially advanced nation in the world and long the most ardent champion of the notion of progress, some 40 million people live below the official poverty line and another 20 million or so below the line adjusted for real costs; 6 million or so are unemployed, more than 30 million said to be too discouraged to look for work, and 45 million are in "disposable" jobs, temporary and part-time, without benefits or security. The top 5 percent of the population owns about two-thirds of the total wealth; 60 percent own no tangible assets or are in debt; in terms of income, the top 20 percent earn half the total income, the bottom 20 percent less than 4 percent of it.

All this hardly suggests the sort of material comfort progress is assumed to have provided. Certainly many in the U.S. and throughout the industrial world live at levels of wealth undreamed of in ages past, able to call forth hundreds of servant-equivalents at the flip of a switch or turn of a key, and probably a third of this "first world" population could be said to have lives of a certain amount of ease and convenience. Yet it is a statistical fact that it is just this segment that most acutely suffers from the true "comfortable disease," what I would call affluenza: heart disease, stress, overwork, family dysfunction, alcoholism, insecurity, anomie, psychosis, loneliness, impotence, alienation, consumerism, and coldness of heart.

I've found those statistics from numerous sources...

Can you possibly argue this??? Please don't say that the fact we can live 8 years longer hooked up to a machine is a benefit that all of humanity needs....

I know you posted this about religion...but that one line just jumped at me, so i thought i'd share something i wrote for philosphy!

Here is how I view it: We have people saying that we are living below the poverty line, right? Well, here's the thing, when we are living in poverty, you are not in poverty. You are simply falling to the capitalistic system, and not realizing what you can accomplish with your own too hands, and your own body. You can see the hobos on the streets, right? Right now, they had the option to get a good education, go to work, and live in acceptable standards, but they didn't. They had the option to improve their lives right now. Go live in the mountains, like people used to do.

You see people in Africa, South America, etc, living in sub-standard conditions to the American home, right? Well, that's fine for the American, too look down on them, but why don't they start improving their conditions. Move back to the city state and the farmer, and don't worry about what the current poverty line is. Now, I do not support Capitalism, as I can think of a better, face value market system, that I will go in depth in on Black Ice, but it does have the oppertunity to succeed, given the factor that you have the intelligence and drive enough to do something about it.

Now, I also don't agree that people should have to be intelligent or strong to survive, as I see the community as the crutch that props someone up, as long as they turn that crutch into a boat. Looking for the right time and reasons to set up a useful business, is a very useful skill, and can help you in capitalism, but not all of us can return to the mom and pop situation. This means that if people would accept living in a small apartment, with small things, and living in ways that most millionares wouldn't dream, they can succeed in conditions above that of the average homeless person..

We are running for a society of comfort, yes, but where are we getting this comfort from? I have often wondered, if the reason most youth are in so much pain, is not that they are suppressed and sent down, but because they are not being put to work. We see family unit being degraded, and morality falling into ever lower and lower depths. We see abstience and common sense falling to more and more pleasure. I enjoy pleasure, but where does the hard work come in? I enjoy working hard, and knowing that I have accomplished something, and that gives me more pleasure than most things in life, which would probably including sex, drugs, and the like. Rock and roll on the other hand, drives me.

Also, considering our population has been making jumps, and we are more in like with a virus, then anything helpful, I believe we are doing very well, for what we are able to do, and enjoy. I know that I have been given a lot of things, and that I should not judge or make comments on those who are living in less fortunate situations than I, but I also know about determination and resolve, and the thing that can drive a country far faster than anything else, is hope.

01-28-2006 03:42 PM
Happy Camper Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

As problematic and wrong as the church is in today's world, I still can't say I completely agree with you. You have points, ones that I'm willing to back you up on. Other parts of what you said will only get you my pity. That's it.

And although I realize I am in the complete minority of the christian population, you seem to assume much. Yeah, I'm bi, pro-choice, believe in evolution, yearn for more separation of church and state, diss the Pope, am damn thankful my Mom got a divorce, and the like. Given, I'm a bit of an atypical christian. One of those scary, rebellious postmodern thinkers according to my more conservative friends. I hear some of what you say but I think you need to be a bit more careful in who you target it at. I would love for the church to seek a new reformation and although I'm not too optimistic, our generation is able to make it happen.

You say that you are more enlightend and free and right. Well yeah, I suppose we are, although our rights seem to be slipping away little by little under the current management of our laws. You boast we are the gentile generation? Although I don't believe in theocracy or a "right" religion anymore than I believe in the tooth fairy, I still think there's a need for a sense of spirituality in our culture. Whether it's budhism or tao or christianity or just a general idea of a higher being, I don't give a crap. No religion or spiritual belief is completely right, but I think all of them have something to offer (except for any form of satanism or scientology). Even atheism has it's values, erroring on the side of logic and fault. So even if you feel the need to be completely defensive, and I can't exactly blame you, I don't really think you need to take it nearly as far as you seem to be. The church and a great deal of all religious subculture is corrupt and in need of a revolution. But let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Bitch away as you will. There's my two cents and I don't intend on getting a refund.
05-14-2006 08:43 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "White Guilt" and mass killings Miller0700 3 3,166 12-31-2012 08:51 AM
Last Post: Miller0700
  The Reasoning Behind Mass Killers Miller0700 8 6,547 12-30-2012 07:07 AM
Last Post: Miller0700
  This story will cause mass confusion and strife aaaaaaasd 15 3,531 02-09-2010 05:58 AM
Last Post: HeartofShadows