RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The Vent/Ranting Thread
Brandon Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Re: The Vent/Ranting Thread

Well, my weekend was okay, but it's 2:43 AM now, and I had a 5 day weekend, a FIVE DAY weekend, and I STILL couldn't get all my work done.
Screw it, I hate school. Lol, well anyways, you guys are awesome and uplifted my day. Oh, and my sister was on her period as it seemed all weekend, drove me crazy =) None
02-17-2009 06:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

this may seem like a pointless rant, but i have PMS and im tired.

My MUM just woke me up with a phonecall from my Grandmother. My GRANDMOTHER. I hate that woman - i hate her!

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
02-17-2009 07:18 PM
Brandon Offline
Defiant

Well off to school with 3 hours of sleep!
<.<
Are you kidding? I can barley go with a full nights rest. Wish me luck. :waah:
02-17-2009 11:33 PM
Steven Offline
Revolutionary

good luck ... i woke up this morning and had no idea what goddamn day it is...
02-18-2009 12:33 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Wish my parents wouldn't argue so much. They always fight over the silliest shit.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
02-18-2009 01:24 PM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

i got woken up by my folks a while ago. in the middle of the night. they wre fighting over when to get a divorce.

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
02-18-2009 01:33 PM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

That happeed to me when i was 11. Mum yelled at Dad, Dad insulted Mum, Mum started throwing everything sharp in the house at Dad, Mum pulled out a knife, tried to kill herself, then went upstairs, having failed. Next day she got taken to a mental hospital. I thought i had lost my Mum. I got downstairs the morning after to find keybard keys everywhere smashed glass, knifes and blood. I hope it never happens to you.

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
02-18-2009 09:10 PM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

random_name Wrote:That happeed to me when i was 11. Mum yelled at Dad, Dad insulted Mum, Mum started throwing everything sharp in the house at Dad, Mum pulled out a knife, tried to kill herself, then went upstairs, having failed. Next day she got taken to a mental hospital. I thought i had lost my Mum. I got downstairs the morning after to find keybard keys everywhere smashed glass, knifes and blood. I hope it never happens to you.

o.o Thats horrific Bigeek

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
02-19-2009 04:49 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

random_name Wrote:That happeed to me when i was 11. Mum yelled at Dad, Dad insulted Mum, Mum started throwing everything sharp in the house at Dad, Mum pulled out a knife, tried to kill herself, then went upstairs, having failed. Next day she got taken to a mental hospital. I thought i had lost my Mum. I got downstairs the morning after to find keybard keys everywhere smashed glass, knifes and blood. I hope it never happens to you.
Thankfully I've never had anything that bad happen before, but they have gotten physical before and my dad throws things like the tv and the table a lot.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
02-19-2009 04:51 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

The worst thats ever happened here was my mum chucked a bowl at my step dad and missed... and a phone.

02-19-2009 04:58 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

matty555 Wrote:

It was. Now it is just a memory among other painful ones.

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

02-19-2009 05:01 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

random_name Wrote:
matty555 Wrote:

It was. Now it is just a memory among other painful ones.
Hug

Who am I? Who are YOU?
02-19-2009 05:02 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Thanks, but worse things have happened to muhc, much better people.

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

02-19-2009 05:31 AM
Aviator Offline
Pariah

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

GOOD GOD!

I HATE school - it's the most boring disaster ever frickin invented.

FOR GODS SAKE I AM A "GIFTED" STUDENT. I HATE having to pretend like I'm not, and be FRICKEN modest about it - so as not to offend the FRICKIN morons. I DON'T have to even barely pay attention to FRICKEN get a good grade. The worksheets are like, a GODDAMN cake walk - and NOBODY CARES. NOBODY WANTS TO CARE. They only care about the people who are a freaken embaressment to SOCIETY. To even get noticed, you have to be FAILING three classes and on the verge of going to juvie - but god forbid anyone NOTCE OR CARE ABOUT the people who will go on to make the world a BETTER PLACE.

I have learned NOTHING of importance in the past FIVE months, mostly just sat there pretending to be interested SO AS NOT TO MAKE THE TEACHER FEEL BAD. I am SUCH A GOOD PERSON that I FRICKIN SIT IN MY FRICKIN SEAT for 6 hours a day without saying a FRICKIN WORD ABOUT HOW STUPID IT ALL IS. I FRICKIN BEHAVE, LEAD THE CLASS, DO EVERYTHING A GOOD STUDENT IS SUPPOSED TO DO TO MAKE MY PARENTS PROUD AND NOBODY FRICKEN CARES. The stuff I wish they didn't care about, they DO. WHO THE FUCK CARES IF I DITCH CLASS AND SIT UNDER A TREE READING THE TEXT BOOK ANYWAY?!

The frickin TEXT BOOK has taught me more, in a more interesting way than the teacher has. OH MY GOD. It's SAD that the textbook is more interesting than the class. In fact, everything interesting at all that I've learned in the past few monthes came from A BOOK OR A WEBPAGE OR A PERSONAL EXPERIANCE. NOT A CLASS. CLASS DOES NOT TEACH ME ANYTHING.

For gods sake, the micromanagement is a disaster too. I DO NOT NEED TO FRICKEN BE TOLD WHEN TO GET MY FRICKIN LUNCH, OR WHEN TO HEAD OUT TO THE GYM FROM THE LOCKER ROOM. Some of us have to PEE during the changing period. It only takes ONE FRICKIN EXTRA MINUTE! THERE IS NO REASON TO TURN OUT THE LIGHTS ON ME WHILE I'M ON THE FRICKIN TOILET!

School is basically a reverse inspiration. It's boring and stupid, and I hate it. And people say "that's life". If that's life - I want no part in it. UGH. IT'S LIKE BEING CRAMMED IN A BOX AND EXAMINED UNDER A MICROSCOP EVERY FRICKIN SECOND OF EVERY FRICKIN DAY. That's my life. The internet is my only piece of freedom. I choose where to go and what to do on it and nobody has any say, except me.

YET, IT'S THE NEXT WORST THING TO EVIL IN OUR HOUSE. IF THEY ONLY UNDERSTOOD WHY I WAS ON THE FRICKIN NET SO MUCH, MAYBE THEY WOULDN'T HATE IT SO MUCH.

UGH.

I hate it all. Every part of it. Every part of my life is fake, except for what I post on this site. My smiles, interests, EVERYTHING is faked. I have nothing but apathy inside of me - and burning anger.

It is better to ask for forgiveness than for permission. - Neal Vitale
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun.
Everyone can back up their opinions. Some people just do it a whole lot better than others. - Rebelnerd
Here's to the men and women who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right.
'Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?'" - JK Rowling
02-19-2009 10:17 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Aviator Hug

I know you probably already know this but have you ever considered unschooling? or dropping out?

If you immediately think: NO , I want to but my parents would not listen to what I have to say about the flaws of school.

Try Smile Tell then exactly how you feel, the flaws of school, how you learn better and faster without it and if they ask about getting a job or whatever show them the alternatives and how you don't need a Diploma or GCSE'S! Tell them how it brainwashes children, tell them its all one big lie.

02-19-2009 04:03 PM
Vatman Offline
Foreplay in Ink

Given 98 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

There's a cloying and vainglorious largesse, cloaked in the subtlest insincerity. There is the hijack of another's pain to make of it vicarious drama for the bored. Intrude into the most intimate quiet to demand favors. Betray the tenderness of grief to reassure your presence. Lift your inarticulate voice above the rabble of those who have something simple but profound to say. Lash out at a ready target. Blame the world for your own actions. I see nothing to restore my faith.

Some cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.
02-19-2009 04:33 PM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

FOR GODS SAKE I AM A "GIFTED" STUDENT. I HATE having to pretend like I'm not, and be FRICKEN modest about it - so as not to offend the FRICKIN morons. I DON'T have to even barely pay attention to FRICKEN get a good grade. The worksheets are like, a GODDAMN cake walk - and NOBODY CARES. NOBODY WANTS TO CARE. They only care about the people who are a freaken embaressment to SOCIETY. To even get noticed, you have to be FAILING three classes and on the verge of going to juvie - but god forbid anyone NOTCE OR CARE ABOUT the people who will go on to make the world a BETTER PLACE.

-Good to see that you're gifted and able to do the worksheet. I'm unable to do the same for your information. If noone cares, they're all asshat. Just get into the top of school and then flunk the grade. Mention a intelligient speech against the teacher and the student, rage upon against the society hardcore and make it well enough to have no possible argument against it. Just reveal the true you.

I have learned NOTHING of importance in the past FIVE months, mostly just sat there pretending to be interested SO AS NOT TO MAKE THE TEACHER FEEL BAD. I am SUCH A GOOD PERSON that I FRICKIN SIT IN MY FRICKIN SEAT for 6 hours a day without saying a FRICKIN WORD ABOUT HOW STUPID IT ALL IS. I FRICKIN BEHAVE, LEAD THE CLASS, DO EVERYTHING A GOOD STUDENT IS SUPPOSED TO DO TO MAKE MY PARENTS PROUD AND NOBODY FRICKEN CARES. The stuff I wish they didn't care about, they DO. WHO THE FUCK CARES IF I DITCH CLASS AND SIT UNDER A TREE READING THE TEXT BOOK ANYWAY?!

-I didn't have to be pretending to be interested cause I feel as noone cares when I sleep in class and so on. Few teachers would cares. It good to try not to make the teacher feel bad. You should talk to them and identify the great teacher that you can actually talk to one. Behave, but don't do everything a good student is suppose to do. If noone cares, then ditch class and get into trouble.

The frickin TEXT BOOK has taught me more, in a more interesting way than the teacher has. OH MY GOD. It's SAD that the textbook is more interesting than the class. In fact, everything interesting at all that I've learned in the past few monthes came from A BOOK OR A WEBPAGE OR A PERSONAL EXPERIANCE. NOT A CLASS. CLASS DOES NOT TEACH ME ANYTHING.

-It is sad. The reason it taught you more is because the psychological effects of coercion as well as giving you boredom isn't going to get to learn. Class doesn't teach me much, but I did learn very little from it in fact. I learn more from what you said as I do. I practice myself art outside to learn more about it and indeed it helps more than a class.

School is basically a reverse inspiration. It's boring and stupid, and I hate it. And people say "that's life". If that's life - I want no part in it. UGH. IT'S LIKE BEING CRAMMED IN A BOX AND EXAMINED UNDER A MICROSCOP EVERY FRICKIN SECOND OF EVERY FRICKIN DAY. That's my life. The internet is my only piece of freedom. I choose where to go and what to do on it and nobody has any say, except me.

-Sad people thinks like that. Boredom and stupidity is little part of life.With school, you got more of that. A teenager like you knows more than the average straight A student. Wink

---------------

I know you probably already know this but have you ever considered unschooling? or dropping out?

If you immediately think: NO , I want to but my parents would not listen to what I have to say about the flaws of school.

Try Smile Tell then exactly how you feel, the flaws of school, how you learn better and faster without it and if they ask about getting a job or whatever show them the alternatives and how you don't need a Diploma or GCSE'S! Tell them how it brainwashes children, tell them its all one big lie.
-Most parents wouldn't listen or care and they take you to school. I have parents like that and they won't listen at all.
---------
Avaitor, if you got a great paying job and might get a successful life, drop out my friend. That is what I'm planning to do from the age of 15. Right now, I'm working for a possibly successful freelance company.

ZZZ...
02-22-2009 11:45 PM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

OK I've decided that if my parents don't allow me to drop out by the end of this school year ('Till summer) I am going to just give up and quit going to school altogether. I don't care what happens , its MY life and il do WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT WITH IT. I don't care what happens to my parents...

I should love them? I should love the humans that made me go to a fucked up institution since I was 6 to work 6 hours a day and they say things like "you must work harder!" .

What do I get in return for my "hard work"? :
A smile. A fucking useless smile.

I'm sorry but I'd rather myself be doing something interesting with my life.

I'm tired of this shit I want out now and if I don't I simply quit.

02-23-2009 04:30 AM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

matty555 Wrote:OK I've decided that if my parents don't allow me to drop out by the end of this school year ('Till summer) I am going to just give up and quit going to school altogether. I don't care what happens , its MY life and il do WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT WITH IT. I don't care what happens to my parents...

I should love them? I should love the humans that made me go to a fucked up institution since I was 6 to work 6 hours a day and they say things like "you must work harder!" .

What do I get in return for my "hard work"? :
A smile. A fucking useless smile.

I'm sorry but I'd rather myself be doing something interesting with my life.

I'm tired of this shit I want out now and if I don't I simply quit.
But c'mon! School is good for you! You must become a model citizen in this New World!

woah dude
dude woah
02-23-2009 04:47 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Define a model citizen.

02-23-2009 04:50 AM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

matty555 Wrote:Define a model citizen.
Model citizen: Someone who understands sarcasm.

woah dude
dude woah
02-23-2009 05:05 AM
Squittle Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

I think Matty understood, he was just responding as he would normally for effect.

Because I dig you, like Aussies dig pies, like Born-Agains dig Jesus, like Jesus dug guys.
02-23-2009 05:06 AM
Vatman Offline
Foreplay in Ink

Given 98 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

Try to see the evil that I am. I stalk the world in mortal dress--the worst of fiends, the monster who looks exactly like everyone else.

It's an awful truth that suffering can deepen us, give a greater luster to our colors, a richer resonance to our words. That is, if it doesn't destroy us, if it doesn't burn away the optimism and the spirit, the capacity for visions, and the respect for simple yet indispensable things.

Some cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.
02-23-2009 02:22 PM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Everybody withen my generation, and the forthcoming generation is a peice of shit. I am a peice of shit,same with all of you. I find it funny knowing how my life is going to end, such a shame i cant take anybody with me. I hate but i dont want to, i want to love but i cant. I want to feel worthwhile, but i know im worth nothing. I want to be known, but im a mute with a microphone..have a outlet yet no voice and nothing to say,Heh.

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
02-23-2009 11:13 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:I'm tired of this shit I want out now and if I don't I simply quit.
Good idea. If that's what it takes to get people to take you seriously, then I guess you have to do it. Just be careful of boot camps, but I think you're in England, so you're probably safe.

Quote:Everybody withen my generation, and the forthcoming generation is a peice of shit. I am a peice of shit,same with all of you. I find it funny knowing how my life is going to end, such a shame i cant take anybody with me. I hate but i dont want to, i want to love but i cant. I want to feel worthwhile, but i know im worth nothing. I want to be known, but im a mute with a microphone..have a outlet yet no voice and nothing to say,Heh.
We are all unique pieces of shit... and as such, I find humans strangely likeable, however facepalmingly stupid they may be in large quantities. I figure if you just do what you want, who cares if anyone thinks you're shit? The only 'worth' that counts is what you think of yourself...

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
02-24-2009 09:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 29 post(s)

I can't fucking stand Robitussin cough medicine. It's the single worst medicine ever created. I literally started gagging when I took the stuff. It tastes like a failed cherry-flavored lifesaver with methanol and all the sugar extracted and removed from it. That fucking medicine should only be used as a torture device. And even then, I think that would be a little too extreme.
02-25-2009 10:57 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

BobManPerson Wrote:I can't fucking stand Robitussin cough medicine. It's the single worst medicine ever created. I literally started gagging when I took the stuff. It tastes like a failed cherry-flavored lifesaver with methanol and all the sugar extracted and removed from it. That fucking medicine should only be used as a torture device. And even then, I think that would be a little too extreme.

nobody fucking cares you rich peice of shit. i want to fucking kill you,torture you,fucking chink. fuck you.

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
02-25-2009 03:33 PM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

P.E is tomorrow and I have rugby , Immah refuse to do it, I don't care if I get letter home or whatever.

02-26-2009 07:45 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

matty555 Wrote:P.E is tomorrow and I have rugby , Immah refuse to do it, I don't care if I get letter home or whatever.
Good luck. Probably going to give you in school suspension or some bullshit like that.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
02-26-2009 07:49 AM
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 29 post(s)

i-am-the-liquor Wrote:nobody fucking cares you rich peice of shit. i want to fucking kill you,torture you,fucking chink. fuck you.
That still doesn't change the fact that I'm better than you in every possible way. I can actually type legibly. I'm not a racial supremacist. I'm not an alcoholic. I'm not addicted to smoking or drugs.

Also:

i-am-the-liquor Wrote:got baked to the point i vomited in buddys front law, then had a rum n coke to tide me down before a munchies run, now i have a pint of rum in my room for tomorow and getting another pack of smokes.

drunk, 6th rum and coke since i woke up at ten 30, its now two some.

got buzzed at buddys house yesterday of some bottle of liquor that was in his fridge, then we went to the hunting cabbin and chainsmoked for abit.

got baked as shit today.

i tripp balls to much and the burnout. wake up nakid somewheres in the house, belnders going,music blasting,cats staritng at you, and theres porn on the comp and half assed convos on msn

last week i got high of a 1/4th of a bowl of my stash, saw pretty colours, shapes, ect...i think my stash might be cut with something, or ive saved it for to long at its starting to crystalize( thc crystalizes). forgot about drawing, had no pen, and i burnt out around noon , woke up nakid on the floor with a shower running inthe other room

injested 5 grams of dope a week ro two ago. trip off a lifetime, in the end i thought i was in an music video and a herion addict who was afraid of monsters and then i vomited several times

went out driving with my bud, got stoned in the car, did doughnuts on city streets, he picked up a girl, hotboxed the car, and pratically fucked her, all while i was in the front seat tripping out.

god dammit i want some beer ,gona go crazy soon if i dont get any

i havent had booze since,last march, i might jsut drink my bottle of mouthwash.
Every line break denotes the end of a post and the beginning of a new one.
02-26-2009 08:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I must vent, the crappy forums who'v been to thread maromi12d3 7 3,110 11-22-2008 09:49 PM
Last Post: random_name