RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The Vent/Ranting Thread
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
Re: The Vent/Ranting Thread

he's lil taller then me like 5' 10" maybe 5' 11"

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
01-18-2009 12:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

Oh. If i were you I would tell him to screw off
01-18-2009 12:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

i hate all of you. i hate my family, i hate the people in this town, i hate the cat. if i had some rope i would strangel father, then the cat,then myself.

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
01-19-2009 11:22 AM
The Apathy Offline
Pariah

Given 6 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

i-am-the-liquor Wrote:i hate all of you. i hate my family, i hate the people in this town, i hate the cat. if i had some rope i would strangel father, then the cat,then myself.

This, but with polished PUA theory to make it look pleasant to read.

Who am I? That is irrelevant.
What am I here for? That will become apparent.
You can call me Apathy!
01-19-2009 02:17 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Hey, liquor, what's wrong?

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
01-21-2009 07:05 PM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

AWOL Wrote:Hey, liquor, what's wrong?

he's suicidal.

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
01-22-2009 04:11 AM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

So some of you people need to shut the fuck up permanently.

I am tired of politically correct fucking morons who, whenever there's a fight, promote peace love and tolerance for everyone. 6 different people say "Why are you fighting?" about 10 times.

Hey, listen up, cram it. Is it that hard to just leave these people the fuck alone? You remind me of the god damn "it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 6 to smile! Biggrin " people. Do you realize how annoying that is? Nah, probably not, because you just keep doing it anyway.

In short: if two people want to argue, fuck off and shut the fuck up with what is essentially "stop arguing, it's meen D:". They have a reason to argue and your less than pitiful attempts to stop it make people want to punch you in the fucking face.

<lordpie> Life sucks so much right now. It seems I'm spending all of it doing math.
<Rosti_LFC> You are "Math Boy"
<Rosti_LFC> Doer of math
<Rosti_LFC> Unable to integrate with society. Only with functions of x
01-23-2009 12:16 PM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:So some of you people need to shut the fuck up permanently.

I am tired of politically correct fucking morons who, whenever there's a fight, promote peace love and tolerance for everyone. 6 different people say "Why are you fighting?" about 10 times.

Hey, listen up, cram it. Is it that hard to just leave these people the fuck alone? You remind me of the god damn "it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 6 to smile! Biggrin " people. Do you realize how annoying that is? Nah, probably not, because you just keep doing it anyway.

In short: if two people want to argue, fuck off and shut the fuck up with what is essentially "stop arguing, it's meen D:". They have a reason to argue and your less than pitiful attempts to stop it make people want to punch you in the fucking face.

i agree.

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
01-24-2009 12:12 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

I second that agreement. Motion passed.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
01-24-2009 08:00 PM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

*bangs gavel *

01-25-2009 06:28 AM
Vatman Offline
Foreplay in Ink

Given 98 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

It's amazing what's out there in journal land. Skim the gossamer web of thoughts, the tangled ciphers, pretentious posturing and honest outpouring, and lo! In all it's glory: humankind. Go on, look again without the arriere-pensee and, really, there's some amusement to be seen in every page, whether it be for the staggering naivety or laughable antics or just... because.

Sure, it has to be said I would prefer a little more intellectual nourishment now and then, a bit more deliberation or rumination, maybe some ideation, what the hell, even a subjective touch of brazen conviction!! Ha! No... for all that wordiness give me honesty any night. Show me something tender and real.

So, laying all that aside, tonight, in between the usual business of... ah.. wait! Who says I'm going to tell you what I do on here anyway? Yeah, use your depraved imagination. Instead of reading those journals I love best, you know, the ones that illuminate the delicate filament of the human soul, I'm reading less familiar territory, and though I might raise a wry smile at a little attitudinized bombast, well, you know I love it too, in fact, I indulge in it myself, so it's all good. Call it a mirror image.

Still, it's quite a surprise when the mirror talks back. "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?" *Laughs!* Ah, who cares. I look just as dashing in the mirror and isn't that a fact.

Over and out.

Some cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.
01-25-2009 05:17 PM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

I just realized that 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 % of the kids at my school are complete moronic idiots.

woah dude
dude woah
01-27-2009 07:23 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

∆ Wrote:I just realized that 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 % of the kids at my school are complete moronic idiots.
How long did that take you?

The only good signature is a dead signature.
01-27-2009 07:24 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

too long.

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
01-27-2009 07:25 AM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

Fire Elf Wrote:
∆ Wrote:I just realized that 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
How long did that take you?
It was 99% at first, then common sense knocked me upside the head.

woah dude
dude woah
01-27-2009 08:22 AM
Squittle Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Oh, good. I was about to say "That took a while". I realized it the second I walked in the door. Half my day was spent looking for a wise, intelligent face.

Because I dig you, like Aussies dig pies, like Born-Agains dig Jesus, like Jesus dug guys.
01-27-2009 09:18 AM
The Apathy Offline
Pariah

Given 6 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:"it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 6 to smile! Biggrin "

No This

"Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head." Laugh

Who am I? That is irrelevant.
What am I here for? That will become apparent.
You can call me Apathy!
01-27-2009 09:39 AM
Vatman Offline
Foreplay in Ink

Given 98 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

I’m lying in my bed, watching the room expand as the sun kisses the horizon. Those shadows are a fading blue bruise beneath the sharpening dawn. I’m laying as you can imagine I do when I am on the brink of losing whats most important, yeah, I’m on my back, one leg slightly crooked and the tangle of my sheets cooling my hips. You know my hair is undeniably an unruly mess, don’t you?

My arm is thrown out carelessly beside me, my fingers uncurling to touch the space there, and ah, there’s that frown curling down on my lips, even as my eyes close and my breath comes even and slow. I hope you never are to fall into that darkness with me, that dreaming space between the waking world and encroaching oblivion.

I can feel it now, the shift of your weight beside me, that slow indent as your body brushes against my outstretched arm, but I'm caught in those sweet black waters and my limbs positively refuse to answer. Your presence glides over me like a perfume, I can all but feel your smile graze my skin… deliciously maddening, but my senses remain aware though my conscious self has already slipped beyond my reach. I am entirely alone.

Yet. Your warmth is an opiate, wreathing over my skin. I can sense the heat of your body before I feel the silky brush of your marauding fingers, the sly brush of your little feet against my ankles, and ah, now they are as cold as mine, my love.

Come envelop me, my sweet darling, as if last night did not need end like it had, soak your presence into me as the day threatens to steal away all thought and movement in my life. For once I remain unmoving, passive in that obsession that paints my face with a stolen innocence, though my hungry soul strains towards you.

Have I ever told you that I'm crazy about you?

Some cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.
01-31-2009 03:01 AM
Squittle Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Tell me its normal to shoot up music like heroin in a meager attempt to unclench my sweaty hands from my desk, some sort of musical therapy that I'm trying to let wash over me, trying to open the gates of my mind to it so that some kind of meditative relaxation fills me and I can stop tearing at papers, scratching the wood of my desk, burying my head into walls and pillows and carpet.

I don't know when it started. Maybe its been progressing over time, that feeling of... craving, of wanting, excitement, pressure. Even now, this dark concoction of... hold up, song change... ok, that's better. Wait, could I deal with the Killing Moon? No, too dark, and it relates back to...

Just as a tangent, I'd love to explain to you every niche of emotion and the specifics of exactly what I'm talking about, to tell you exactly why I barely ever dare to play The Killing Moon and exactly what songs I refuse to pretend like will bring me succor now, and I'd love to pour my soul out on paper in some way that couldn't be recorded, but that's not how its... I feel better, I guess, broadcasting this ambiguous cover of my problems, this light narrative, just specific enough to help me bear the tension of this "problem" that I'm having, and just vague enough so that no one actually can identify what I'm talking about.

It felt good to get that off my chest (as though it was actually important). That said, I'm trying to find the perfect musical balance of "dark" sad (as opposed to "light" sad songs like Music for a Nurse), relaxing and slow tempo, and soothing melody that can bring me some succor, some peace in my time of need. Every time I think I've found it, it slips away and I realize that I'm confusing the stereotypical, light, happy aspects of this... thing, and its darker, ugly side.

He called me. God damn it, he called me and I missed it. That was my one chance at succor, oh dear God, dear Diary, that was my one opportunity to find some peace, some understanding during this whirlwind of sin and virtue and change. I've never even met him, and still I make all these judgments and assumptions, that he'd be able to help...

There it is. That's the song. *Sigh* Yes, I hate virtual sighs too, but that's what it feels like now. The tension in my back is lifting, the chair is no longer creaking with my furious pressing, my head is no longer buried in my hands, I'm no longer in a cluster headache of emotion and insanity. I wouldn't say I've found peace, far from it, but its better than nothing. At least now my heart doesn't want to break out of my rib cage with its furious pounding and my legs aren't kicking furiously at the wall, shaking pictures. Is that what its like? The pain of isolation? Tell me that's not what its like. No, no, this was just a passing phase, a phrase of uncertainty and loneliness that I got caught up in.

Ooh, a better song. If I put "Relaxed breath, leans back in chair with relief" in asterisks, would you believe me? No? Didn't think so. But hey, its true. I mean, maybe for tonight I can find sleep, just eight hours of peace and presence on this earth instead of buried into myself like an ostrich-emu-long-necked-fucker in the sand. Maybe tonight I won't be kept up by fantasies of opportunity and need.

I know it won't work. IT being one of the many things that I'm pulling out of my oily chest and pouring into vials in this post. Its just for the sake of ambiguity, since I fear really anyone knowing the true details of my situation. I know that it wouldn't be "true", if you will, it wouldn't be real enough. But its a start. Not "practice" per se, but... now I'm getting too specific, and every reference sounds like vague, barely recognizable innuendo.

Ok, its gone now. Whatever monster contaminated my body, possessed me... well, no that's a lie. Its not gone, just its effects. I'm having my little relapse before it comes back and stabs from the inside out again. Should I take advantage of it and sleep, or stay up trembling, sorting things out in my head? Neither options appeal.

I guess I'll take the lesser of two evils and go to sleep. A short escape from the world, full of shady men and judgment and screams, just an aesthetically dead tunnel out of this world, though so peaceful in retrospect. I only wish I were awake to enjoy it.

Okay, that feels better. Now I'm done.

Because I dig you, like Aussies dig pies, like Born-Agains dig Jesus, like Jesus dug guys.
01-31-2009 02:38 PM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

i feel like putting a bullet in my head, nuff said.

02-01-2009 06:18 PM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

i've run out of things to say to you regarding not killing yourself

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

02-01-2009 07:55 PM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

So tommorow my Maths teacher is going to scream at me because I ran out at the end of her lesson.

I'm gonna laugh at her , laugh because I dont and never going to have a shitty brainwashed job like hers.

Me? I want to be a pro BMX'er and I'm learning everyday at the moment. I want to be a manga artist and I draw a lot of the time. I want to be a guitarist in a heavy metal band , I practice guitar when I have time and I also want to be a DJ.

Does all that "require school"? No , no it doesn't.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
02-02-2009 03:13 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

yet they still send you there. no-one can be exempt - they must brainwash us all!

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

02-02-2009 03:16 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Something_Spacey Wrote:
youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:"it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 6 to smile! Biggrin "

No This

"Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head." Laugh
That used to be my signature.
I shall bring it back.
02-02-2009 03:28 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

isn't it meant to be 'but only four to pull the trigger on a sniper' or something to that effect. mind you, both are probably right.

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

02-02-2009 03:36 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

IDK
I never heard that one before, this is where I got it from:
[Image: 42muscles31mw1.jpg]
02-02-2009 04:02 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

i cant beleive it only takes four muscels to bitch slap someone.

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

02-02-2009 04:06 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

I'm not even sure that's true. They probably made it up for the lulz.
02-02-2009 04:08 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

it kinda makes sense cause the mucles in ur arms are biger then the ones in your face

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
02-02-2009 04:09 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

random_name Wrote:i've run out of things to say to you regarding not killing yourself

shut up you stupid cunt. i sware, all the tween whores like you need to be beat to death. slow and painfull is what you deserve, fucking bitch.

02-02-2009 06:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I must vent, the crappy forums who'v been to thread maromi12d3 7 3,110 11-22-2008 09:49 PM
Last Post: random_name