RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we ever going to do anything?
tock172 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Are we ever going to do anything?

I know I have only been here for a few days and believe me I love this place. However, I really just have to ask this, are we ever going to get anything done to change the system? Are we ever going to make a difference? Maybe not us, but people stuck in school everywhere, are we ever going to change this obsolete system? I would really like to see changes, but I can definitely see how that would be hard.

So do you any of you see a future for any of this?
08-23-2007 06:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

no, unfortunatley i don't.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
08-23-2007 06:16 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

I think at this point in time, we can only really make a difference to one person at a time. Just knowing that school is stupid kinda makes it harmless. Sort of. Most people are still too attached to the idea that school IS education, so trying to change their minds will mostly be a waste of time. So rather focus on the ones that hate it, but don't necessarily know it's stupid.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
08-23-2007 06:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Will Offline
Fanatic

Given 29 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

I think it would be a lot easier for you to become rich and famous because you know that the school system is bad than it would be for you to change it. After you get rich and famous, you can tell people how you got rich and famous, and they'll see why the school system is bad.
08-23-2007 07:22 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

but the odds of that happening are?

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
08-23-2007 07:23 AM
Will Offline
Fanatic

Given 29 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

darthmat Wrote:but the odds of that happening are?
I was actually wondering. What if we come up with some precise, easy-to-measure definition of "success" and then find the proportion of the population that is successful. Then, we multiply it by the number of people who use this site. That will be an estimate of the probability that one of us will become successful. Of course, we aren't normal people, so it would be really cool if we could take the original measurement from only people who openly hate school with a passion.
08-23-2007 08:10 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Jawdrop yeh, good luck with that.

(why is it every time i come here i feall dumber and dumber? Sad )

08-23-2007 08:16 AM
thoughtmaker Offline
Pariah

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

if we get the majority of kids to realize school is bad and just stop going or drop out, then the rest of the world will be forced to change.
08-23-2007 05:39 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

thoughtmaker Wrote:if we get the majority of kids to realize school is bad and just stop going or drop out, then the rest of the world will be forced to change.

Amen. The only problem is their parents, and whether or not they will throw a tantrum at the idea of quitting school...

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
08-24-2007 02:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

no way would the majority of prnts do it. to stubborn and focused on thier own ideas (like we are)

08-24-2007 02:31 AM
NiteRaidah Offline
hmmm

Given 44 thank(s) in 31 post(s)

Change might eventually happen, but it isn't going to be anytime soon, sadly. If we start now, we can make things better for the next generation of youth.

The process to achieve change is going to be long and difficult, but the fruits of victory shall be sweet. Pirate

"All these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-Prince

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
08-24-2007 02:59 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Yes

08-24-2007 03:03 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

I've been having fantasies where there's a coup in the government. (Implemented by... well us, I guess)
But we'd need lots of adults and kids.
We need adults because it'll be easier to infiltrate. Not to mention once we have control over the government, we'd have to make it public... and then adults would probably listen more to other adults then kids.
Oh well.
It was a fantasy.

[Image: ambnh8.jpg]
08-24-2007 08:29 AM
tock172 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

LittleFreak14 Wrote:I've been having fantasies where there's a coup in the government. (Implemented by... well us, I guess)
But we'd need lots of adults and kids.
We need adults because it'll be easier to infiltrate. Not to mention once we have control over the government, we'd have to make it public... and then adults would probably listen more to other adults then kids.
Oh well.
It was a fantasy.
Well I would have to agree with you there. Unfortunately I don't really see it happening either, but I can always dream of that day where I stand up to these fuckers.

"One cannot make a difference if one cannot express opinions properly" -Eric Harris
08-24-2007 01:35 PM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

coup?

08-24-2007 09:51 PM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

A group I used to be in had a "coup" idea .... it was the back up plan for a mass student "insurrection" .... if the government interfered....

is anyone here from the old iaa?
08-28-2007 01:44 AM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

The IAA? Tell me more.

K
S
08-28-2007 04:03 AM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Anonymous1.0 Wrote:The IAA? Tell me more.

Same here, I'm interested.
08-28-2007 04:04 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Liquid Wrote:A group I used to be in had a "coup" idea .... it was the back up plan for a mass student "insurrection" .... if the government interfered....

is anyone here from the old iaa?
Wtf

08-28-2007 06:30 AM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

IAA = Insurrectional "Army" of America (aka "The Insurrection")

not that it matters anymore... we never had enough people and it fell apart last year....

//

[Image: techhoops5.jpg]
08-29-2007 02:23 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

What was their plan?

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
08-29-2007 03:29 AM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

To recruit a core group at every high school and collage and junior highs if possible. those groups then set the "atmosphere" and get more people to join. they inspire/dare/ask most of the students there to go on strike on a certain day. (and to keep it secret till then.) Then every school rebels on the same day. "Insurrection Day" we'd be able to force the "educational" system to come to terms with us.

The back up plan was that if the government intervened somewere, the other core groups could lead everyone out of the schools and overrun city hall and the police armories (take roit gear and bullet prof vests...) also use the dispatcher transmiters to jam the police radios. possibly use radio stations for jamming too. ....the entire system might come to terms - even if we lost they'd be in fear of it happening again... Things would get better or worse - if worse then we do it again and hit the government with a "real" insurrection...

IMO - A real "revolution" will probibly happen someday anyway - but the longer it takes to happen the bloodier it will be.

//

[Image: techhoops5.jpg]
08-30-2007 02:42 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

that would be incredible if that happened, but i seriously doubt enough people would do it. and overunning police armories doesn't seem like the kind of thing that most school kids would be up for. i'm sure some would be willing, but again i just don't think there would be enough.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
08-30-2007 02:45 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

i am one of those kids who would be to chicken.

08-30-2007 02:52 AM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

Hell, that sounds like a fairly decent plan. But recruitment is a problem. But hey, you never know if you don't try, right?

K
S
08-30-2007 03:47 AM
Abandoning Ship Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

Anonymous1.0 Wrote:Hell, that sounds like a fairly decent plan. But recruitment is a problem. But hey, you never know if you don't try, right?

Damn right. Sounds like a good plan. If things ever get horribly bad (And they are getting that way...) then we should set that plan into motion.
08-30-2007 07:00 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Liquid Wrote:To recruit a core group at every high school and collage and junior highs if possible. those groups then set the "atmosphere" and get more people to join. they inspire/dare/ask most of the students there to go on strike on a certain day. (and to keep it secret till then.) Then every school rebels on the same day. "Insurrection Day" we'd be able to force the "educational" system to come to terms with us.

The back up plan was that if the government intervened somewere, the other core groups could lead everyone out of the schools and overrun city hall and the police armories (take roit gear and bullet prof vests...) also use the dispatcher transmiters to jam the police radios. possibly use radio stations for jamming too. ....the entire system might come to terms - even if we lost they'd be in fear of it happening again... Things would get better or worse - if worse then we do it again and hit the government with a "real" insurrection...

IMO - A real "revolution" will probibly happen someday anyway - but the longer it takes to happen the bloodier it will be.
that sounds very cult-ish...

08-30-2007 07:11 AM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

oh BOO HOO. it reminds you barely of a cult, therefore it MUST be bad.
08-30-2007 07:13 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

good point, sorry.

It's just that i read a book this year that was all anti-cult and nazi... but wtvr.

08-30-2007 07:26 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

I think the basic principle of it sounds good, but i just think that the idea of a bunch of kids trying to "overrun" police armories is suicide. as soon as the cops realize what's up they're going to set up defenses that the rebels wouldn't be able to break, and because of the hostile intentions of the kids it would be perfectly legal for the cops to open fire. i think that if we're going to even consider any last resort plan involving violence we need to arm ourselves ahead of time. trying to steal weapons from deep inside a police station once the revolution has been declared and the authorities are on high alert would be a pointless waste of lives.

08-30-2007 10:30 AM