RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
doors of your mind
fucking done Offline
Banned

Given 31 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
doors of your mind

has anybody tried this? ill copy and paste the instructions, im thinking about doing it with some of my friends bc it sounds really cool but im concerned bc a lot of my friends and me have depression and ptsd and anxiety and im not sure how well it would work out. i am scared that it would remind me of things that happened when i hallucinated.

im not gonna do it alone tho so if i wake up freaking out ill have somebody,,,

http://my.reddit.com/r/threekings/commen...your_mind/
Quote:It's pretty simple actually. Nothing as hardcore as the three kings stuff (which I would actually never do myself) buuuut I saw something on here that reminded me of this game I played when I was little. You only need a friend (and maybe a pillow if you'd like?). But the results can be a little surprising and there are a few warning signs to heed when exploring the doors of your... mind. -cue twilight zone music-

So here we go:

Dim the lights, and light a few candles. The name of the game is to put you into a nice meditative state. You need to be relaxed and be able to have a free mind. This is most important for this to work. So put on some comfy clothes and reeeeeelax. The only useful door to your mind is an open one.

Next, Lay your head in your partner's lap. Pillows are always nice. Make sure your head is facing up. Your friend will need to rub both of your temples in slow, circular motions. Like a massage. It needs to be relaxing. That is key. Make sure they keep a pretty steady tempo. Much ado about trancing and meditation.

Third, This is where your friend will have to guide you, so to speak. Let your mind/ imagination do all the work. This entire time your eyes will be closed, and you will be relaying descriptive information to your partner about your surroundings and such (Suggestion: have a third person recording?) Never second guess what comes to mind. Simply answer your partner's questions without hesitation, as they come to you. Just let it happen.

Here is what your helper should start you with:

"You are at one end of a very long corridor. There are numerous doors on both sides of this corridor, spanning the entire length. I want you to explore these doors, and the rooms behind them. Describe to me what you can see, hear, touch, and feel with great detail."

And from there, the exploration is up to your mind.

TIPS/WARNINGS

-always pay attention to the door first. This will give you a clue as to what waits for you inside. Note doorhandles, any imperfections, unusual color, shape, size. Also the temperature of the doorhandle may or may not be important.

-IF YOU GO INTO A ROOM FULL OF CLOCKS, LEAVE IMMEDIATELY (or try to...). I don't know what the reasoning behind this was (it was years ago, I apologize), all I know is that it was a big deal. You could stay if you wish, but don't say I didn't warn you. You probably shouldn't touch any of the clocks either... Just don't say I didn't warn you. Anybody have an idea why a room full of clocks would be bad?

-This isn't going to be helpful, but I remember something bad about seeing old ladies, too. -shrug- Anybody have ideas about that as well? Again, this is just stuff I remember from being a kid.

-Not all things in your mind are benevolent towards you. I'm pretty sure you know that, hanging around here. But I thought I'd remind you. It's good to ask "yourself" questions, sometimes these manifested characters can be quite revealing... but other times they can just bring you down.

-Follow your gut instinct about certain doors. Sometimes curiosity really does... kill the cat. :(

-check what's on your person. describe what you are wearing. Check your pockets. You might have keys, trinkets.... anything. You never know. They might be useful in your exploration, or at the very least, symbolic.

-Be forewarned... I have experienced the inability to remove myself from this dream-like state. True story: during one of my door sessions a character locked me in the room and my sister had to shake me violently to awake me.

Happy exploring!

i hope it works bc ive been getting hyped up about it all day. none of my friends have responded except for one who lives 30 minutes away so i have to wait[/quote]
07-20-2014 09:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KFC Nyan Cat Away
suck 360 blazeit hooks

Given 244 thank(s) in 167 post(s)
doors of your mind

These mind tricks always sounded creepy to me.

City YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/kfcnyancat
City Tumblr: http://kfcnyancat.tumblr.com (no longer operational due to personal issues)

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" - Donald Rumsfeld

For anyone who remembers me going on an archive binge: Thank you all. I know I ended it being a drama queen, I don't really agree with the ideology anymore, and I'm really not the same person I was (I went through a neopagan phase!) but still this site was the first online community I was in. I graduated from school and turned 18. Time flies. KFC Nyan Cat, June 20, 2019.
07-20-2014 03:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply