RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It all begins, again. day 2 of hell
SocialHypocracy Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
It all begins, again. day 2 of hell

Well, here I go. 8 minutes before I need to walk to school, and if I don't leave in 8 minutes, well my mother's going to scream at me and give my hypocritical comments on how school is important, even though she is a failure. I better get going too, if I walk into math class late, I'll get nasty looks and comments from my math teacher all period; and as I continue to try and escape, my lates and absenteeism will get my father, of whom I met a year ago, to stop talking to me or help me in any way what-so-ever. If I don't do good in school, I'm a loser in Mr. Business mans eyes.

So after that, I will proceed to make my way to gym class. We'll play badminton as all the preppy cumdumpster's make rude comments, and the their counterparts the males will kiss their ass like a puppy biting your heel for his afternoon kibbles and bits. Oh what joyfulness.

Then I will walk home for the second time during lunch, get pecked at a little bit more about my school, then I'll head back to English. Where work doesn't happen, only a social scene. They all sit there and talk. Some kids decide to scream at the teacher, others decide to make smart ass comments to whoever is in their line of sight - well, you know how it goes.

Gotta' watch that attendance. If I don't dad will call me and emphasize how much a piece of shit I am.
Into science I go, tired, aching, fed up with the bullshit. Then I go home, where I start to feel sick. But nobody has privilege to be legitimately sick but my mother. Sickness doesn't exist if she doesn't have it.

So for the rest of the day, I will stew about how angry I am that theirs nothing I can do, except let the chess master plan my next move for me. The next day I will go to school angrier, as their was never an escape at all. Oh yeah, I didn't do homework. Now I'll get treated even worse.

Take a hint, you people are fucked up.

Oh fuck, it's 8:23. I'm in for it now.
03-29-2011 10:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Re: It all begins, again. day 2 of hell

Hug

Any chance you can get those parental units of yours to consider some alternatives? Like online schooling?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
03-29-2011 11:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SocialHypocracy Offline
Defiant

That would make my life much, much better. Sadly that alternative is nearly impossible as in my mother's eyes, anything that's not a high school is for retards.

But it's worth a try, do they have online school for grade 9-12?
If so, more information would be greatly obliged.

-SH

Edit: Parental units, lol I like that. xD
03-30-2011 01:11 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:But it's worth a try, do they have online school for grade 9-12?
Depends on the school, but mostly probably yes. All the info I have about online schooling is here: http://www.school-survival.net/blog/p/o ... -know/2719

Quote:Edit: Parental units, lol I like that. xD
It's from Invader Zim (awesome show, btw) Biggrin

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
03-30-2011 01:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EnemyOfTheState Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Hug

Honestly, while reading this, I tried hard to imagine the scene in my head. And as I did, I raged more and more. And looked back on my own school, and went........this is exactly like my school None

I also believe you should look into Alternatives. Try to hang in there. Damn wish I could help more.....

[Image: adventure_time_signature_by_solidmetal-d328ime.png]
03-30-2011 05:27 AM
SocialHypocracy Offline
Defiant

I'm glad you understand how I feel man, for the longest time I was angry. I was hateful, resentful - any negative word you could think of, I had felt it. But it's gotten so past that, it's to the point where I feel like I have no control. I'm a 6" 16 year old and it still makes me cry sometimes. The stress and anxiety, it's just so intense.

When people say it's like a prison cell, it's actually worse because atleast in prison you have a fucking release date, the other things that makes it worse, it's like the cell gets smaller and smaller. I've never vented about school to anyone and the extreme emotional distress it causes me, but when I found this forum I felt a sense of happiness. EnemyOfTheState, your a brother of mine through our brain. I already sense you know how it feels.

We're like workers bee's, or a computer program. All these functions being installed so we can feed the higher ups. The fat corporate cats, all of it - worse part is, theirs no damned way out. Their is no option, although they say their is - you can simply 'not go to school and be a loser.' Awesome, thanks everyone.

^ That's not an option that's a fucking ultimatum.

EDIT: Their's not much you can do, but if you wish, add me to your buddy list. It's nice having someone to talk too, and whether or not you can help me isn't the point - relating to someone, and seeing eye-to-eye helps me, help myself. It's more of a mental health thing. Oh, and just so you know. I'm not a rebellious, gangster kid who's like 'FUK SKEWL IT SUKZ ASS." I'm just a normal kid, I don't have a social but that's of my own accord, somewhat, and I'm not a nerd. I just see all the problems in this system we are forced to oblige.

To all the people who took the time to read what I had to say, Thank you - it means allot to me knowing I have other people who care for what I have to say, but more then that, they understand. Thank you again.
03-30-2011 05:56 AM
DiarrheaDELUXE Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Well, fuck me. We're almost exactly like. Keep going man, we need you for the revolution.

So, I was learning something, right? Then I went to school.
03-30-2011 07:45 AM
RaiserZero Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

These may be just words, but still, don't give in, for me school is also a horrible place to be in, but you also have bad things happening outside of it, so I can't imagine how bad it is for you. It's kind of the same thing with me in school, but when I'm biking or playing any sports with someone, it always relieves the pain.

I hope you the best luck has to offer.

All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers.
03-30-2011 10:23 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  So it begins again Land Of The NotSoFree 16 5,017 01-04-2012 08:12 AM
Last Post: LOON_ATTIC
  it begins Rebelnerd 3 2,013 09-06-2007 09:17 AM
Last Post: Hayley44