RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are some of your most controversial opinions?
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
Re: What are some of your most controversial opinions?

NiteRaidah Wrote:Well, I was just re-reading this thread, and I remembered something that I planned to put, even though others have written posts similar to this.

I don't get the deal about relationships. By "deal", I mean the fact that teens, at least at my school, fucking obsess over that sort of thing, and seem to regard anyone who eschews relationships as, I don't want to say below them, but something similar to that. I understand hormones, I understand wanting to be in a relationship, but I don't understand being in a relationship just because. That's bullshit to me. Fuck popularity & fuck anyone who thinks that people who choose the single life are screwed up.
I'd rather stay virgin, thank you.

Epic win book.
Personal Development for Smart People.
09-21-2008 12:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Wadekarl Offline
Pariah

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Captain_Katiakicz Wrote:I wait for the day a black person/African American will say something that isn't praising Obama - no more racism then.*

* I hate racism, btw, just making it known.

The wait is over: Fuck Obama, fuck McCain, fuck H. Clinton, and everybody who got the media attention that they didn't deserve while people like Ron Paul hardly got any. Shit, I didn't even know who that guy was until I read about him on the NYRA forums. Fuckin' sad, ain't it?

RON PAUL FTW!

Oh, and to contribute to this thread:

I'm against abortion (rights of a new life are higher than the convenience of people who should've been more careful)
I'm against compulsory education (no shit)
I believe that business owners should have the right to exclude people ("sorry, whites only")
I don't give much of a shit about 9/11 anymore. It's basically just a copyrighted product these days, "9/11 TM." -Keith Olbermann.
I believe that rights should be of higher priority than safety and security
Contrary to somewhat popular opinion, I don't believe that there are child predators or the like out to get me at every corner and every website I go to.
I think that the whole "Bush is so stupid," "Bush is a terrorist," etc. shit got old TOO long of a fucking time ago.

I'll type more when I remember them.
09-21-2008 12:27 PM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

More:
-"under god" should be removed from the pledge
-promoting world peace is a waste of time, it's NEVER going to happen
-Hitler and Bin Laden are geniuses, I gotta admit
-STOP ANIMAL ABUSE YOU STUPID FUCKS!

Quote:rights of a new life are higher than the convenience of people who should've been more careful

And if you get raped by a family member?

Or if there's no chance of the mother OR the baby surviving if you were to give birth?
09-21-2008 12:31 PM
Captain_Katiakicz Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

The Wadekarl Wrote:I believe that business owners should have the right to exclude people ("sorry, whites only")
Bigeek
Quote:Contrary to somewhat popular opinion, I don't believe that there are child predators or the like out to get me at every corner and every website I go to.

I think adults that usually that stay away from computers and the internet, are the ones that think this most of the time. I'd hope there weren't that many that are paranoid of the internet just because child predators exist. Hell, you might as well stay inside all day because you never know if your neighbor is a serial killer!

You can call me Ruki
Or Captain Ruki
Or Captain K. Ruki
Or Captain Katiakicz

Because you're young, there's advice from everyone
Although we're free, chains await for you and me...
09-21-2008 01:04 PM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Quote:I think adults that usually that stay away from computers and the internet, are the ones that think this most of the time. I'd hope there weren't that many that are paranoid of the internet just because child predators exist. Hell, you might as well stay inside all day because you never know if your neighbor is a serial killer!

Yes
09-21-2008 01:14 PM
Revolutionary

Whoops, I forgot..

chemistry_hater Wrote:More:
-"under god" should be removed from the pledge
I agree. Although I kind of don't care either way, I don't give a damn about the pledge... but you know, I watched a video of the rnc protestors, someone said the pledge without 'under god' and it made me smile. It'd get us closer to seperation from church and state, that's for sure.

this
Quote:-promoting world peace is a waste of time, it's NEVER going to happen
and
Quote:-STOP ANIMAL ABUSE YOU STUPID FUCKS!
If peace is a waste of time, wouldn't you say asking for animals rights is, too? They're both two statements that ask for an ends to violence for entireties - one humans, the other animals. Well, you say abuse so I assume you mean animal rights. Abuse = violence anyways. If there was world peace, I imagine more animals would still be alive (or stop being abused) because they'd spend more time getting along and less time shooting each others heads off, or beating a dog or hurting cows with chemicals.

Quote:And if you get raped by a family member?

Or if there's no chance of the mother OR the baby surviving if you were to give birth?

Or if it's not like the woman didn't ask for the baby, anyways. I'm sure you've heard this thousands of times, but it should be her choice, and she could have a baby while still being on birth control, too.

You can call me Ruki
Or Captain Ruki
Or Captain K. Ruki
Or Captain Katiakicz

09-21-2008 01:28 PM
Swirlify Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Wow, reading this thread made me feel a lot better, and a lot less crazy. All the people I know in real life are uptight. =/

Pro-choice
Pro-euthanasia
Legalize marijuana
Burn down the school (not actually, but school does sucks)
I agree with pedophilia being fine with consent.
Religion is evil.
I don't really care about Global Warming and the environment 'cause this country is fucking cold and I'd like warmer winters.
PETA is idiotic. I'll bash baby seals and punt puppies if I want to.
The egg came first.
09-21-2008 01:35 PM
The Wadekarl Offline
Pariah

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

chemistry_hater Wrote:
Quote:rights of a new life are higher than the convenience of people who should've been more careful

And if you get raped by a family member?

I suppose that this is going to be another controversial opinion I have, but I feel that if a mother doesn't want to deal with an unwanted child, they can always put them up for adoption. They give up their parental rights and therefore do not have to deal with the child ever again, the child gets a chance to live, and a couple that isn't capable of reproduction gets to have a child.

Oh yeah, and if the mother gets raped, they should press charges against the offender. I mean, I'm pretty sure that getting raped would cause the mother a lot of mental trauma, but getting an abortion probably wouldn't help much, but then again, I can't speak from experience and I'll never know. It is just my guess that getting an abortion would be getting rid of the outcome, not getting rid of the problem, which was the rapist.

Kinda like taking pills for depression. You can take as many pills as you want, but if you don't get to the root of the problem, you'll never truly feel better.

As far as your second comment, that's a tough one, and one that I hope that I'd never have to put a loved one through. I guess that if the mother would die as a result of giving birth, it would, in my opinion, be reasonable to have an abortion. But that's only because the mother's life is at stake.
09-21-2008 03:30 PM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

School should be eliminated completely
Anarchism is a viable philosophy
There is no God
9/11 was an inside job
America is not a free country
Alternative medicine is stupid
Anti-military
All drugs should be legalized
Drinking age should be eliminated
Smoking age should be eliminated
Teaching organic farming to poverty-stricken Africa makes the problem worse
The world economy is going to collapse soon
There is a big enough chance of societal breakdown soon to be worried
2012 is fuckin' bullshit
We should be colonizing space
The human race is vain, stupid, and temporary
The only thing that will be left in 50 years are plastic bags, ruins of metropolis, and villagers living in mud huts

Enjoy the rest of your shitty lives before the world ends.

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
09-21-2008 03:42 PM
Happy Camper Offline
Fanatic

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Eating babies is perfectly okay.

Let's do the time warp again!
09-21-2008 03:44 PM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Happy Camper Wrote:Eating babies is perfectly okay.

They have the best kidneys don't they?

The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
09-21-2008 03:47 PM
Revolutionary

Stratovarius Wrote:School should be eliminated completely
Anarchism is a viable philosophy
There is no God
9/11 was an inside job
America is not a free country
Alternative medicine is stupid
Anti-military
All drugs should be legalized
Drinking age should be eliminated
Smoking age should be eliminated
Teaching organic farming to poverty-stricken Africa makes the problem worse
The world economy is going to collapse soon
There is a big enough chance of societal breakdown soon to be worried
2012 is fuckin' bullshit
We should be colonizing space
The human race is vain, stupid, and temporary
The only thing that will be left in 50 years are plastic bags, ruins of metropolis, and villagers living in mud huts

Enjoy the rest of your shitty lives before the world ends.
Yourock I think I love you.

... except the alternative medicine. Fuck the FDA

You can call me Ruki
Or Captain Ruki
Or Captain K. Ruki
Or Captain Katiakicz

09-21-2008 05:06 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:In a way, I guess. But I meant love as in caring about them a lot, but you're not physically or emotionally attracted to them that you want each other to be a couple. Like loving your sibling or your best friend. That love I can clearly understand.
That's actually exactly what I was talking about all along too. Now just apply it to "relationships" (but don't apply any of the normal crap that goes with relationships), and it suddenly becomes a lot more viable. I suppose I should have explained it better, but there just aren't words in the english vocabulary for this stuff that haven't been tainted. Razz

Quote:I'd rather stay virgin, thank you.
Me too.

Quote:I'm against abortion (rights of a new life are higher than the convenience of people who should've been more careful)
This reminded me of something. You know when they have birth complications, and it's a choice of either the mother dying or the baby dying, and they expect the guy to choose in like 5 seconds? That's just retarded. The mother should sign a form and SHE should choose what happens in the event of an emergency. Don't expect the poor dude to make a split second decision with someone's life on the line. I also don't get why people choose to keep the baby and let the mother die. Is that what SHE would want? Do people even think of shit like that? Not in 5 seconds, I would guess.

Quote:Eating babies is perfectly okay.
Suspicious
What do they taste like?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-22-2008 01:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

The Wadekarl, even though we don't agree on abortion, I admire you for your reasoning. It's pretty logical.

Quote:This reminded me of something. You know when they have birth complications, and it's a choice of either the mother dying or the baby dying, and they expect the guy to choose in like 5 seconds? That's just retarded. The mother should sign a form and SHE should choose what happens in the event of an emergency. Don't expect the poor dude to make a split second decision with someone's life on the line. I also don't get why people choose to keep the baby and let the mother die. Is that what SHE would want? Do people even think of shit like that? Not in 5 seconds, I would guess.

I LOVE YOU! haha

That's pretty much what I think. I mean, sure you're killing a baby when you get an abortion, but whose body is it in the first place? Without the mother's womb would the baby even be able to live? Of course not. I don't think if you ever experienced rape, you'd like people telling you what to do to your own body. OK, so life is important, to a lot of people. I guess in some ways, it is to me too, but I'm not much of a fan. How many living things die in unfair ways everyday? How many people CARE about those living things dying? Why is it that we care about the human race so much more than other species? What makes us more important? Nothing. We're all pretty much the same. People have to realize that.
09-22-2008 01:33 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Captain_Katiakicz Wrote:... except the alternative medicine. Fuck the FDA

I'll go ahead and add Fuck the FDA to the list, because I don't like them either.

09-22-2008 01:54 AM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Another thing about the birth complications... the best solution (IMO) to most problems is to cause the least pain. In the case of either the baby or the mother dying, which causes the least pain?

If baby dies:
baby is disappointed for not getting to live
mother and father are sad
all their family and friends feel bad for them and baby

If mother dies:
mother is disappointed for not getting to live longer and accomplish all the things she wanted to
her husband is sad and misses her
all her family is sad and miss her
all her friends are sad and miss her
all their family and friends feel sorry for them

... The mother dying would generally cause more pain overall.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
09-22-2008 01:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Ya the mother dying would actually seem a lot more tragic to me than a baby/fetus. :/

09-22-2008 02:15 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

That's right. But I think the first reasons don't make a lot of sense. How can you be disappointed when you're dead?
09-22-2008 03:31 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

I don't know. But if you could be, you would.

Hidden stuff:
09-22-2008 03:37 AM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

chemistry_hater Wrote:That's right. But I think the first reasons don't make a lot of sense. How can you be disappointed when you're dead?
Well, you would probably be more shocked then anything. I mean, you were never born...hrm. Would be weird, I have no idea how it'd work.

Also, imo, there is an afterlife. It IS NOT Heaven/hell. And, for the love of humanity, DON'T TURN THIS INTO A RELIGIOUS DEBATE THREAD.

Also, I'm apathetic to abortion. If they want to, why not? I don't see any reason not to.

Epic win book.
Personal Development for Smart People.
09-22-2008 03:38 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

liq3 Wrote:
chemistry_hater Wrote:That's right. But I think the first reasons don't make a lot of sense. How can you be disappointed when you're dead?
Well, you would probably be more shocked then anything. I mean, you were never born...hrm. Would be weird, I have no idea how it'd work.

Also, imo, there is an afterlife. It IS NOT Heaven/hell. And, for the love of humanity, DON'T TURN THIS INTO A RELIGIOUS DEBATE THREAD.

Also, I'm apathetic to abortion. If they want to, why not? I don't see any reason not to.

I agree with everything but the afterlife.
09-22-2008 03:42 AM
arthasmenethil Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Hardcore atheists and hardcore theists are the same thing to me
Pro choice
For gay marriage
In WOW, orcs are cooler than tauren(this controversial on the server I play on)
Also controversial on server, Gnomes are the stupidest race in the game

Hidden stuff:
The game...you lost! HAHAHAHA!!!!
09-22-2008 04:22 AM
Revolutionary

Stratovarius Wrote:
Captain_Katiakicz Wrote:... except the alternative medicine. Fuck the FDA

I'll go ahead and add Fuck the FDA to the list, because I don't like them either.
I think I love you?

You can call me Ruki
Or Captain Ruki
Or Captain K. Ruki
Or Captain Katiakicz

09-22-2008 04:31 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

Controversy can't be proven.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
09-22-2008 04:34 AM
Alucard483 Offline
Site Mod

Given 92 thank(s) in 65 post(s)

chemistry_hater Wrote:1. George Bush isn't that bad...at all actually. I'm sick of people blaming him for EVERYTHING. Give the guy a break.
Epic Fucking win

Captain, since your post was too far back I cant directly quote but you said you agreed with both my imagration stance and Chem's outlook on land grabing. Dont the two soert of cancel eachother out?

Whilst some work diligently there are those who ask why. I am one of them
(\__/) This is Bunny. Paste Bunny into your signature
(='.'=) to help him gain world domination.
(")_(")
Soul#2: I already have a grip. Doc:and a porno mag and a tube of lube I'm sure"
Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
This has been a test of the emergency pointless argument system. Had this been a real pointless argument, someone would have been called a facist.
Ceiling Cat: For that you need to wear a fursuit, though.

Inside sources say that Carla Franklin has had more dick in her than a public urinal.
09-22-2008 04:54 AM
Revolutionary

O LOL what was wrong with me. I must've been on drugs... I don't know how late I made that post, or if I were seriously messed up, so I apologize for misleading you, I disagree.

on the other hand, I agree with the pro sex, youth rights, age based opinions... anti-draft. Smile

You can call me Ruki
Or Captain Ruki
Or Captain K. Ruki
Or Captain Katiakicz

09-22-2008 05:10 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Alucard483 Wrote:
chemistry_hater Wrote:1. George Bush isn't that bad...at all actually. I'm sick of people blaming him for EVERYTHING. Give the guy a break.
Epic Fucking win

Captain, since your post was too far back I cant directly quote but you said you agreed with both my imagration stance and Chem's outlook on land grabing. Dont the two soert of cancel eachother out?

As much as I hate Bush, you also have to point to our Congress and our supreme court as well. One of the very few times I'll agree. -_____-

Also George Bush was complicit in 9/11.

LOL

09-22-2008 05:51 AM
Avenger Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

if you ask someone out and they say no GET THE FUCK OVER IT!!,don't chase after them if they don't want to go out with you they don't,and stop whining about it there are other fish and the sea!

may not be contorversial but usually people get pretty pissed when you tell them to get over it.

now to the controversial ones
pot should be legal
suicide should be legal
we shouldn't stick people in jail for drugs,i don't care what type of drugs,just let them fuck their selves over
concerts should not be able to to be banned
moshing,crowd surfing,and stage diving should not be againist stadium rules
there should be no bleeping of cuss words on tv,radio,or any other form of communication
people should not be put in jail for talking,but rather for acting out on what was said
schools should not have the right to put kids in mental hospitals,nor should parents
age of consent should be abolished
homo sexuals should be able to marry
kids should have a say in the way schools are run
people should be able to fight only if all parties consent
birth control should be free and taught in schools
all speech should be free yes that even mean hate speech "but people will be offened"big fucking deal they need to get over it words are just words

Telling people to do something without giving a reason compels them to rebel not to obey-Avenger

We need to learn not to be afraid of making mistakes all the time-Avenger

FACTS OF LIFE:
1.life sucks most of the time
2.sex is natural and it feels good
3.everybody can be an asshole
4.most people are idiots
09-22-2008 06:51 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Avenger, you're awesome.

Quote:suicide should be legal

Technically, it is because they can't do shit to you if you go through with it and succeed. You'd be dead. I never really understood the concept behind suicide. How can it be illegal when it really isn't? It doesn't stop people from killing themselves. Why would they care? They won't be alive to get "arrested" anyway.

Quote:we shouldn't stick people in jail for drugs,i don't care what type of drugs,just let them fuck their selves over

As much as I hate drugs, alcohol and all that other shit, I have to agree. What someone does to their own body is their business, not anyone else's.

Quote:all speech should be free yes that even mean hate speech "but people will be offened"big fucking deal they need to get over it words are just words

Yup.
09-22-2008 07:08 AM
Revolutionary

Avenger Wrote:if you ask someone out and they say no GET THE FUCK OVER IT!!,don't chase after them if they don't want to go out with you they don't,and stop whining about it there are other fish and the sea!

may not be contorversial but usually people get pretty pissed when you tell them to get over it.

now to the controversial ones
pot should be legal
suicide should be legal
we shouldn't stick people in jail for drugs,i don't care what type of drugs,just let them fuck their selves over
concerts should not be able to to be banned
moshing,crowd surfing,and stage diving should not be againist stadium rules
there should be no bleeping of cuss words on tv,radio,or any other form of communication
people should not be put in jail for talking,but rather for acting out on what was said
schools should not have the right to put kids in mental hospitals,nor should parents
age of consent should be abolished
homo sexuals should be able to marry
kids should have a say in the way schools are run
people should be able to fight only if all parties consent
birth control should be free and taught in schools
all speech should be free yes that even mean hate speech "but people will be offened"big fucking deal they need to get over it words are just words
I'm gonna be honest I've whined about stuff like that. Laugh

I agree with most of what you said. On the moshing and etc, some people have died from moshing, but I'm against rules.. but I don't blame bands who say "no/stop moshing" when people mosh during their set. Some people might say "they need to get common sense and get out of the way" but sometimes they could be trying to and get caught up in it. Free speech is so fucking important, it's sad when you even mention something like killing or drugs they automatically think you do one or the other JUST BECAUSE YOU MENTIONED IT.

You can call me Ruki
Or Captain Ruki
Or Captain K. Ruki
Or Captain Katiakicz

09-22-2008 08:24 AM